Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Kristen visits John; Airs week of 10/22
Topic Started: Oct 18 2012, 01:23 PM (5,025 Views)
DiMera87
Member Avatar

Initial shock is fine with me. Is it really shocking when any person, especially a DiMera returns from the dead? I think most characters by now would quickly get over it. Marlena might go into overprotective mode really quickly and it probably would make sense. I just hope the first scenes are big enough to convey that they are, at first, shocked.

I like the idea of Kristen playing up Marlena's paranoia and making her look psycho. That could be really good. I would love for it to appear that Marlena is coming unhinged because I think Deidre will slay that material. The problem is John being such an idiot. Why would he even want to believe that Kristen has changed? He should really want nothing to do with her. Of course that would be boring as all hell, but John wanting to accept Kristen is just stupid.

As far as any changes happening when it comes to EJ's parents, I really don't think they will be going there again but if they do the parents would be John and Kristen, not Stefano and Kristen. They could always say Stefano took John's kid because he wanted to raise him to hate John. Most assumed they were going there with John and Hope being EJ's parents and I thank God they never did. But I don't see the point when Eileen could just reprise Susan at any time. They should leave his parentage alone.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DiMera87
Member Avatar

CherishLuvsEJ
Oct 18 2012, 02:11 PM
Quote:

Marlena then runs into the office and tells John Kristen took her phone.

Really. Omg this is going to be so LAME if this is any indication. :-/
Disagree. It seems small, but this article is too brief. If its the first inclination that Marlena might be losing her grip on reality due to Kristen's return, I'm all for it. Deidre will shine for the first time in a long time. The actress and the character both need for them to go this route.

DiMera87
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Oct 18 2012, 02:59 PM
I really wish John and Marlena's roles in this were reversed. It would be interesting to see Marlena consider Kristen a changed woman, even with their rivalry history. It's her line of work to believe people can change with therapy. It would've been better to see John be the one that refuses to trust Kristen.
To me that's out of character. As much as I love John...he's generally an idiot. And even though Marlena's profession might lead her to believe that, Kristen is her most bitter enemy so I don't think she should even remotely entertain the idea that she is now some changed person.

DiMera87
Member Avatar

Judging from reading Pat's summary of tomorrow's US episode the first meeting between Marlena and Kristen has a lot more potential than this article would lead you to believe. I'm still holding out hope.

Mitch, it seems like we are getting what you're asking for as far as Kristen goes. It seems like she's going to be sweet and nice infront of John and everyone else...maybe even Stefano. But the audience will be clued in on her real motives. That's the way it has played out so far at least.

DiMera87
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Oct 18 2012, 05:02 PM
DiMeraFan67
Oct 18 2012, 04:44 PM
Judging from reading Pat's summary of tomorrow's US episode the first meeting between Marlena and Kristen has a lot more potential than this article would lead you to believe. I'm still holding out hope.

Mitch, it seems like we are getting what you're asking for as far as Kristen goes. It seems like she's going to be sweet and nice infront of John and everyone else...maybe even Stefano. But the audience will be clued in on her real motives. That's the way it has played out so far at least.
Thats not what I have been seeing....she certainly is thinking about Jarlena, but there is no menacing looks in her face outside of small smirks here and there....thats not enough...I need something more solid.
Yeah, I agree. I think they are going that way, but I hope they are less subtle about it. She has made remarks here and there about having an ulterior motive. Especially during her conversation with Stefano. Hopefully once she's actually interacting with everyone it will be more obvious. Eileen is delicious when Kristen is making smart ass remarks behind people's back. I want that too and hope it happens.

DiMera87
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Oct 18 2012, 05:38 PM
Call me crazy, but I actually prefer when John is being manipulated/duped or controlled by someone or something. I want John to trust Kristen again...and I want him to be totally manipulated by her.

John is kind of the only character I enjoy being dumbed down.
I pretty much agree with this. If John wasn't being brainwashed or taken advantage of...he didn't really have a reason for existing. I love the John and Marlena love story and I agree that they are meant to be together and they shouldn't be broken up...but I won't mind seeing Kristen playing John like a puppet because Kristen is infinitely smarter than John Black.

I do hate to see any character looking as dumb as John...and I don't think John should want to even be in the same world as Kristen, but its just not out of character.

DiMera87
Member Avatar

tylerbo20
Oct 18 2012, 06:12 PM
I bet she's back at yr by next christmas
Unless they recast Ashley before then, I think you're right. If she's ever given the option of one or the other...she's gone.

DiMera87
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Oct 18 2012, 06:01 PM
John isn't being "brainwashed" or "manipulated" now. Kristen didn't plant any memories in his head. He's having these flashbacks (excuse me, nightmares) all on his own, with his own free will. That's all on John, and HIS fault. He shouldn't be thinking back on what he considers happier times with Kristen, period. That's close to emotionally cheating on Marlena --- which is as bad as physically cheating. If you are a happily married man, why would you think back to the "good times" with your ex? It makes you look like an ass.

John is responsible for himself. He should have zero desire to think about Kristen, especially since he never really wanted her over Marlena in the first place.
I don't think John wants to remember these things he's dreaming about. Its more like Kristen is haunting his dreams. If dreaming about the past is cheating, then I will venture to say that nearly every person on earth has cheated or been cheated on. I don't think John is doing anything wrong YET. That isn't to say that he won't once he starts interacting with Kristen.

It isn't like he is desiring for Kristen and can't stop thinking about her.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply