Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daniel bargains with Nicole; Airs week of 10/22
Topic Started: Oct 18 2012, 01:30 PM (4,493 Views)
jackjenfan
Member Avatar

Oh, Nicole. For the love of pete, beg your ex-hubby EJ to bump off Dr. Sleazey balls. Pretty please! Let the "out of town" thing be a secret plan to plot his doom. :boobs:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Oct 18 2012, 08:10 PM
^ the only reason TPTB would keep Daniel over Jack is that the character is more expendable through their current cast. Jack is so Jack centric, focused on Jen & Abby-- they would have had to involved other characters and we clearly saw that MARDAR kept away from that entirely, so I think TomSell saw that as an obstacle for the show overall. Jack was never integrated into the cast, accept for a handful of occassions. I'd say it was just bad timing for MA to come back, it TPTB had no intention from the start to work his character into the canvas. I think that bothered me the most.

Daniel as the new selfless, sacrificing hero.... he can be written for more easily, with only 5 years on canvas and a flimsy history, that must have made him the more viable actor. Age had nothing to do with it. Because I could have seen Jack humping a number of available Salem woman, other than Jennifer. Somehow, in time I may appreciate that Jack's character was left in tack.... and is not apart of the current clusterfuck of writers. Maybe MA is too.

Keeping Jack isolated from the rest of Salem was a major stuff-up. There was no reason that they couldn't have involved him with more people. He could easily have become a reporter again (or even bought back the Spectator) and gone head to head with Stefano, E.J. etc. There were also those awesome Jack/Victor scenes back in 1992 that could have been relived. They were great when they were throwing barbs at each other.

I didn't start reading Days boards until MA came back (actually I wasn't even watching it much) so can someone tell me whether the outcry over MA's firing is more than usual or fairly typical of when an actor is let go. For example was there this much anger when NB was let go? I'm assuming the DHs' firings were huge. It just seems to me that 99.9% of people seem upset but TPTB are pretty much ignoring it. I guess this is what they do now. It's so different from twenty years ago when they actually used fans' responses to help decide a story's direction. I miss those Days!

CarlD2

What is this story? Jennifer's a raging bitch, but she's the victim of that horrible evil woman who just lost a(nother) baby, and Jennifer's only salvation is that orange creeper? Is this somehow appealing?

NikiLani
Member Avatar

This junk makes me glad this show is losing viewers weekly, maybe they will finally realise NOBODY wants to see an actual grieving woman 'victimising' a poor defenseless harpy who practically emotionally abused her PTSD suffering husband of twenty years by making him feel unworthy of her love, affection and attention because she favoured a sick pervert doctor who fondled her innards and could barely spare a thought for her husband (LIVING or DEAD) because the same grieving woman is now 'ruining' poor defenseless Dr Patient-molester who chased after and lead-on this grieving woman for months and MUST be saved at all cost!

NOBODY is buying what TomSell are selling. I know I don't. Jen had no regard of the fragility of Nicole's pregnancy, getting into fights over dirty Dan at every chance she got, she may have not pushed Nicole down those steps but I will always hold her partly responsible for the death of Nicole's son.

Edited by NikiLani, Oct 19 2012, 01:26 AM.

mae
Member Avatar

Quote:

This week's Soap Opera Digest features an article about Daniel ...

Daniel ...Daniel.... Daniel ...

Pick up the latest Digest for details!

Posted Image

Edited by mae, Oct 19 2012, 07:42 AM.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Daniel is going to save Jennifer 2.0. :flipoff: :puke: There is really no more to say about it!

KweenBoda
Member Avatar

It just shows the minds of the fucking writers to have that manwhore be some kind of 'HERO'..he ain't no hero he's a fucking sexual predator.

nolagirl
Member Avatar

bomber
Oct 18 2012, 09:47 PM
Dreamer
^ the only reason TPTB would keep Daniel over Jack is that the character is more expendable through their current cast. Jack is so Jack centric, focused on Jen & Abby-- they would have had to involved other characters and we clearly saw that MARDAR kept away from that entirely, so I think TomSell saw that as an obstacle for the show overall. Jack was never integrated into the cast, accept for a handful of occassions. I'd say it was just bad timing for MA to come back, it TPTB had no intention from the start to work his character into the canvas. I think that bothered me the most.

Daniel as the new selfless, sacrificing hero.... he can be written for more easily, with only 5 years on canvas and a flimsy history, that must have made him the more viable actor. Age had nothing to do with it. Because I could have seen Jack humping a number of available Salem woman, other than Jennifer. Somehow, in time I may appreciate that Jack's character was left in tack.... and is not apart of the current clusterfuck of writers. Maybe MA is too.

Keeping Jack isolated from the rest of Salem was a major stuff-up. There was no reason that they couldn't have involved him with more people. He could easily have become a reporter again (or even bought back the Spectator) and gone head to head with Stefano, E.J. etc. There were also those awesome Jack/Victor scenes back in 1992 that could have been relived. They were great when they were throwing barbs at each other.

I didn't start reading Days boards until MA came back (actually I wasn't even watching it much) so can someone tell me whether the outcry over MA's firing is more than usual or fairly typical of when an actor is let go. For example was there this much anger when NB was let go? I'm assuming the DHs' firings were huge. It just seems to me that 99.9% of people seem upset but TPTB are pretty much ignoring it. I guess this is what they do now. It's so different from twenty years ago when they actually used fans' responses to help decide a story's direction. I miss those Days!
I think the outcry of the viewers on characters let go is pretty much depending on the character. By the time NB was let go although I like many others was upset as an NB fan - the utter character destruction was a travesty and turning Chloe into a protitute was beyond belief. I've seen outcry over alot of vets leaving but I think alot of people that knew Jack are upset first because of the way he was brought back and then his departure was all angst for Dannifer. For the most part all vets who have returned - their legacy for the character has been destroyed.

Vivian went from a crazy villian to a cartoon nut job

Carly went from leaving town in love to coming back a murderess and leaving a junkie

Chloe came back without her husband framed for his murder and left a prostitute

Carrie came back with the husband she supposedly loved so much, and left a pregnant woman with the same husband but in the process went after Sami's husband who even Marlena was pushing her towards.

Austin well left a dimwit but at least he left with his love Carrie, came back a dimwit was duped by a kid into thinking he had sex with her, then left a dimwit with his wife pregnant with his kid but in love with his brother-in-law.

Kayla/Steve - broke this couple up without even having Steve around to defend himself.

The list goes on and on.....MA was probably lucky but ironically I think he had a better chance with storyline opps than the mess that is Dannifer. AFunny part is Jacole could have made Dannifer bearable. But I think Jacole would have oushined Dannifer in a heart beat.

This is what we could have had.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPBkZsIkzlI&feature=relmfu
Edited by nolagirl, Oct 19 2012, 12:34 PM.

nananana7

nolagirl
Oct 19 2012, 12:31 PM
But I think Jacole would have outshined Dannifer in a heart beat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPBkZsIkzlI
Wow. Yes. Jacole would be all kinds of awesome!
M.A. and A.Z. are awesome actors and their characters together would be dynamite.
Thanks for posting that video!
Edited by nananana7, Oct 19 2012, 12:49 PM.

nolagirl
Member Avatar

nananana7
Oct 19 2012, 12:49 PM
nolagirl
But I think Jacole would have outshined Dannifer in a heart beat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPBkZsIkzlI
Wow. Yes. Jacole would be all kinds of awesome!
M.A. and A.Z. are awesome actors and their characters together would be dynamite.
Thanks for posting that video!
Here's another from a scene Jack and Nicole May 2002 - love the banter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da4lUDyIQEE

concerned
Member Avatar

nolagirl
bomber
Oct 18 2012, 09:47 PM
Dreamer

I think the outcry of the viewers on characters let go is pretty much depending on the character. By the time NB was let go although I like many others was upset as an NB fan - the utter character destruction was a travesty and turning Chloe into a protitute was beyond belief. I've seen outcry over alot of vets leaving but I think alot of people that knew Jack are upset first because of the way he was brought back and then his departure was all angst for Dannifer. For the most part all vets who have returned - their legacy for the character has been destroyed.

Vivian went from a crazy villian to a cartoon nut job

Carly went from leaving town in love to coming back a murderess and leaving a junkie

Chloe came back without her husband framed for his murder and left a prostitute

Carrie came back with the husband she supposedly loved so much, and left a pregnant woman with the same husband but in the process went after Sami's husband who even Marlena was pushing her towards.

Austin well left a dimwit but at least he left with his love Carrie, came back a dimwit was duped by a kid into thinking he had sex with her, then left a dimwit with his wife pregnant with his kid but in love with his brother-in-law.

Kayla/Steve - broke this couple up without even having Steve around to defend himself.

The list goes on and on.....MA was probably lucky but ironically I think he had a better chance with storyline opps than the mess that is Dannifer. AFunny part is Jacole could have made Dannifer bearable. But I think Jacole would have oushined Dannifer in a heart beat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPBkZsIkzlI&feature=relmfu

swoon that was a pleasant surprise.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

Love those videos - TFP. It's ironic that this thread is supposed to be about the two "heroes" but we end up talking about Jack and Nicole and what could have been. If only TPTB could see what we can!

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Given how pissed people were about Chloe the Whore (which I kind of loved), I can't wait to see what goes down when she rolls back into town and falls victim to Dan/Jen (not a spoiler, but if they'd kill Jack and a baby for Dan/Jen there's no way that ex-whore stands a chance). So in that sense TPTB have been successful. I'm counting down the days until the shit hits the fan.

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

Dan would be so much more entertaining if he had the self awareness to know what a douchebag he is. That's what I liked about the beginning of Dancole; the refreshing honesty which both characters delved into about themselves....and then they got 'feelings'.

bomber
Member Avatar

px780
Oct 19 2012, 05:20 PM
Given how pissed people were about Chloe the Whore (which I kind of loved), I can't wait to see what goes down when she rolls back into town and falls victim to Dan/Jen (not a spoiler, but if they'd kill Jack and a baby for Dan/Jen there's no way that ex-whore stands a chance). So in that sense TPTB have been successful. I'm counting down the days until the shit hits the fan.
I agree that if they want to make people mad they're succeeding, I'm just not sure that's what they were going for. I think they were going for the White Knight rescuing the Fair Maiden, in which case it's been an abysmal failure. I also wonder if they realize a lot of us have given up watching the show and just relying on recaps and spoilers because we are so pissed.

Lady Evol

greatscott114
Oct 18 2012, 01:57 PM
This would play out much better if Orangeglow made the offer and Nicole told him basically to go fuck himself and she plotted to get revenge on Jenbitch. And when Dan sides with the bitch Nicole goes after him too! That is the type of drama I want to see, not Nicole crying over losing the Tanwhore. She should be grieving her child and planning revenge on the person she perceives is to blame.
SO!!! MUCH!!! THIS!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply