Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for Week of October 8-12, 2012
Topic Started: Oct 18 2012, 06:56 PM (2,587 Views)
ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

(SoapOperaNetwork.com) -- Ratings Report for the Week of October 8-12, 2012

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,649,000 (+231,000/+440,000)
2. B&B 3,400,000 (+211,000/+536,000)
3. GH 2,671,000 (-43,000/+422,000)
4. DAYS 2,366,000 (-33,000/-84,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.5/11 (+.2/+.4)
2. B&B 2.6/8 (+.2/+.5)
3. GH 2.0/6 (same/+.3)
4. DAYS 1,8/6 (-.1/same)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 846,000 (-10,000/+38,000)
2. B&B 701,000 (+68,000/+103,000)
3. GH 629,000 (-34,000/+56,000)
4. DAYS 509,000 (+36,000/-137,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.3/9 (same/same)
2. B&B 1.1/7 (+.1/+.2)
3. GH 1.0/6 (same/+.1)
4. DAYS 0.8/5 (+.1/-.2)

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2012/10/ratings-fantastic-week-for-bb
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Queen B
Member Avatar

WOW @ Y&R and B&B, they did wonderfully. I'm hopeful that the ratings will continue to rise for Y&R under the new regime

lysie
Member Avatar

Days actually managed a 2.0 on Monday.

Queen B
Member Avatar

DOOL is headed no where except down the toilet

james0479
Member Avatar

The increases from this time last year in total viewers are rather impressive.....and then theres Days. It sucks having my show in last place and I hope the next month manages to get better. They need to get shit in gear.

bomber
Member Avatar

I was expecting Days to get higher ratings for Kristen's return on Thursday and Friday. I know she wasn't on for long but I thought more people would tune in to see her return.

esp13
Member Avatar

james0479
Oct 18 2012, 08:35 PM
The increases from this time last year in total viewers are rather impressive.....and then theres Days. It sucks having my show in last place and I hope the next month manages to get better. They need to get shit in gear.
True, but Days had the huge reset last year. So it's numbers are being compared to a (relative) high water mark while the rest of the shows are being compared to low water marks. Days does still have a lot of work to do, though.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Happy for GH. It's been good minus the Duke bullshit.

Evan
Member Avatar

Wow at these ratings for Y&R and B&B.
I'm liking so far what Griffiths & Farren Phelps have done with Y&R, and B&B is pulling me in with the Stephanie exit SL.
As for DAYS, last place is where they belong, I doubt that Eileen Davidson & Greg Vaughan later on can change things too much ratings wise.....simply the problem once again is Gary Tomlin.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Dool is a mess. The destruction of Nicole's character has turned me off big time. I haven't watched in a long time because of it.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

bomber
Oct 19 2012, 04:36 AM
I was expecting Days to get higher ratings for Kristen's return on Thursday and Friday. I know she wasn't on for long but I thought more people would tune in to see her return.
Its too soon. Maybe 10/15 will improve.

Manny
Member Avatar

What Days of Our Lives has to understand that it doesn't matter who they bring back from the 80s and 90s... none of the returns will do much for the ratings unless there is good and quality writing behind it.

And as soon as I read spoilers about Kristen's return, I knew I wouldn't like it, so I didn't bother coming back. I did check out some scenes and read stuff about Kristen's scenes, but I didn't really like it, so...

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Manny
Oct 21 2012, 06:28 AM
What Days of Our Lives has to understand that it doesn't matter who they bring back from the 80s and 90s... none of the returns will do much for the ratings unless there is good and quality writing behind it.

And as soon as I read spoilers about Kristen's return, I knew I wouldn't like it, so I didn't bother coming back. I did check out some scenes and read stuff about Kristen's scenes, but I didn't really like it, so...
I so agree! With their current writers, their filming model and who they are writing for at this time, I really think that this is as good as you'll see ratings. I was hoping for something better for ED too. I know she's just started but I'm not holding out much hope for her, storyline wise. To me, she and her characters were kind of like a muse for JER-- he got those characters, loved them and took great pleasure in writing for her. It's just not that way anymore. If you're not Sami, EJ, Rafe or Daniel, or anyone connected with them, you're in the background. That's a shame and waste of talent. For me, right now, that's Days, a waste of watching. That's sad too.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

bomber
Did they really advertise the date of her return, though? I knew from following spoilers, but if you're just some random lapsed viewer, how would you be aware that some awesome exciting return was happening?

And if you knew it was happening that week, but it didn't happen on Monday...or Tuesday...or Wednesday, would you really stick around for Thursday/Friday? That'd be serious devotion.

I think people may tune in to see her if/when she does something. But the actual return itself was kind of botched, imho, if they were aiming for a ratings boost from it.

King
Member Avatar

Numbers aren't affected by returns anymore really.

That's why these returns are moot unless they have a good story to go along with them.

Evan
Member Avatar

I agree with everyone: good writing is the key and the sensible use of a wide range of actors/characters, not just pimping endlessly the same 5 or 6 people ever week(as occurs on DAYS, especially with Sami, EJ, Rafe, Daniel ).

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Dreamy
Oct 20 2012, 04:00 PM
bomber
Ratings won't improve until Tomlin is shown the door. It's doesn't matter who they bring back, if the writing is shit then the ratings will be shit too.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

LanaluvsBroe
Oct 24 2012, 09:35 AM
Dreamy
Oct 20 2012, 04:00 PM
bomber
Ratings won't improve until Tomlin is shown the door. It's doesn't matter who they bring back, if the writing is shit then the ratings will be shit too.
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

Good Writing and Soap Operas just don't go hand in hand anymore.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply