Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Michael Fairman interview with Eileen Davidson
Topic Started: Oct 18 2012, 09:42 PM (2,927 Views)
Ellie

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/days-of-our-lives/the-eileen-davidson-interview-days-of-our-lives/2012/10/18/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Well, this makes me feel slightly better.

Ellie

Love how she describes taunting Marlena. That was a fun part of their dynamic in the 90's, though the underlying theme was that Marlena won in the end.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I find it odd that she hasn't worked much with Joe M.

I get the feeling that Kristen is more into torchering Marlena and making John doubt Marlena. And she's not so much into getting John back. It's like Kristen wants John to doubt Marlena and turn against her, like John did to her all those years ago.

AFaithL

From the sounds of things, Brady really hates Kristen, so I'm doubting she hooks up with him unless it's hate sex. But the "multiple liasons" that would piss off Marlena sounds like she hooks up with Eric. Which WOULD be a good story.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

This was a fun read. I went through nearly every emotion while reading this, lol. I was annoyed that we have to see Kristen and Sami working together a lot for a while, but the way she spoke about it makes it seem like this is something that only lasts a month or so and then its onto other things. I was also very annoyed that she hasn't worked much with Joe Mascolo. WTF?? I'm beginning to think Stefano is basically going to stay out of town for good. I don't want the DiMeras reunited if Stefano isn't part of it.

I was a little weary when she said Kristen has really gotten tons of therapy and has changed for the better...but everything after she said that leads me to believe that she hasn't really changed "for the better" per se.

I got chills when she talked about the Kristen/Marlena relationship, lol. I don't know why. It sounds so good. I can't wait to see Kristen taunting Marlena while John has his back to her. I love this Kristen and that's the way it should be. The way Kristen hates Marlena makes SO much sense and I cannot wait to see it play out. This has to be the only character that would openly call Marlena "smug" and that makes me so happy. Marlena's equal hatred for Kristen makes it even better. What Eileen said about her scenes with Drake sound phenomenal. Sounds like she really is getting some juicy dialogue when it comes to Kristen/John scenes. That should be good stuff.

Wow, they remembered the Jennifer/Kristen relationship! If this whole Dannifer mess wasn't happening this really would have been something that I was super excited about. If Jack was alive and I could like Jennifer this would be great. Now I'm worried that I will have to see Kristen interacting with Daniel. Please god no! I want to see where they go with Jennifer/Kristen, but at the same time I don't even want to watch Jennifer on my screen. I hope its really just a bridge to a Hope/Kristen relationship. That would be good stuff. I can't really picture Jennifer torn between Marlena and Kristen because Jennifer and Marlena have no relationship. Hope between those two ladies is a lot different.

Also can't wait to see her work with Nicole and EJ. Those are two relationships I'm really looking forward to seeing.

Ellie

DiMeraFan67
Oct 18 2012, 10:16 PM
Wow, they remembered the Jennifer/Kristen relationship!
Great post. On this part, I know, but it threw me for a sec because I had to think back to Stephanie Cameron (remember her?). The worst part is that she was a horrendous actress, but I'd still prefer her now over Missy.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I almost stopped reading as soon as I saw the dreaded name "Sami"! Seriously can we go, oh I don't know, ONE storyline without her being crammed into it???

outrageous
Member Avatar

Would Tomlin let Kristen win over Marlena? Because I want her to.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Lauren Koslow tweeted a pic w/ JM yesterday. Other than that, have we heard much about him actually being back at all?

AFaithL

Tammy
Oct 18 2012, 10:18 PM
I almost stopped reading as soon as I saw the dreaded name "Sami"! Seriously can we go, oh I don't know, ONE storyline without her being crammed into it???
Apparently Kristen is Sami's boss, so, unfortunately, Sami will be somehow involved.

I'm hoping this means Sami/Rafe's airtime is drastically reduced. It's time John and Marlena "dethroned" Sami and her vagina issues. Make John and Marlena "A" game again, and put Sami on the backburner.

Ellie

lysie
Oct 18 2012, 10:22 PM
Lauren Koslow tweeted a pic w/ JM yesterday. Other than that, have we heard much about him actually being back at all?
Not that I can think of. I wonder if he's back but on an extremely limited basis.

Ellie

I wish they wouldn't have included the whole Sonny questioning element. First of all, it seems so forced. But second, wouldn't it be so much more powerful if John just randomly started having nighmares about Kristen and then she showed up? The DiMeras have always had this supernatural aspect to them, and I mean, even without that, I know instances where that's happened in real life, like people dream of people they haven't heard from in a while, then the phone rings the next day and it's them. I think JER would have done something like this, so I guess it doesn't surprise me that Tomlin & Co. put in the part about Sonny. Sigh.

Tammy
Member Avatar

It seems like Joe M only "came back" as a catalyst for Kristen's return.

ShaneDOOLFan

Ellie
Oct 18 2012, 10:18 PM
DiMeraFan67
Oct 18 2012, 10:16 PM
Wow, they remembered the Jennifer/Kristen relationship!
Great post. On this part, I know, but it threw me for a sec because I had to think back to Stephanie Cameron (remember her?). The worst part is that she was a horrendous actress, but I'd still prefer her now over Missy.
actually Jennifer (Melissa Reeves), Kristen (Eileen Davidson), and Billie (Lisa Rinna) were good friends from about 1994 to 1995. They bonded over various stuff (I was too young to remember specifics but I know they shared scenes). It would be great to have scenes with all three of them. The biggest question regarding Kristen/Jennifer interaction is.....will Kristen mention Peter? He seems to be a forgotten character (for obvious reasons)
Edited by ShaneDOOLFan, Oct 18 2012, 10:47 PM.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Yes, I remember the Kristen/Jennifer friendship as mostly being played by Melissa Reeves. I remember those 2 and Billie (Lisa Rinna) being together all of the time and having a great friendship. I don't recall much of Stephanie Cameron, because I seriously hated every second of her and the fake Jacks. I really think I blocked them from my memory because the only thing I remember is fake Jack banging Laura Horton when he came back and everything after that is fog. I'm just shocked and kinda happy (even though I hate Jennifer right now) that they're acknowledging that friendship ever existed. I wonder if Lisa Rinna will be around for any of this? I would enjoy seeing those 3 together, just for old times sake. I want Aremid flashbacks! Is that even allowed? I want them anyway.

Like I said, I hope the Jennifer/Kristen scenes just lead to Hope being brought into an odd relationship with Kristen. I want to see those two work together and Hope needs friends! Would love to see her torn between Marlena and Kristen. Also Kristen was pretty terrible to Laura and considering the whole Peter Blake situation I am really curious to see how they play the Jennifer/Kristen scenes. This SHOULD bring up memories for Jennifer too, but of course Scott Reeves and Melissa Reeves would never allow them to play that beat. My interest is piqued either way.

AFaithL

Kristen and Jennifer were friends when Kristen was "good". Not that Jennifer is close to John and Marlena, but it would be odd for Jennifer to be friends with her after everything horrible she did to them.

Tammy
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Oct 18 2012, 11:29 PM
Kristen and Jennifer were friends when Kristen was "good". Not that Jennifer is close to John and Marlena, but it would be odd for Jennifer to be friends with her after everything horrible she did to them.
It would fit with the odd way Jennifer has been acting lately lol.
Edited by Tammy, Oct 19 2012, 12:28 AM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Quote:

Lots of different liaisons would upset John and Marlena because they are very uptight people!
Please let this mean they're putting Kristen with Eric.
Quote:

I had been treading water at Y&R. So I have to say, and as I have said in different interviews, I kind of feel that I was being ripped from my motherís arms, because so many of the people over at Y&R are my good friends, and many whom I am so close with. But on the other hand, I had been kind of treading water, and there was not a lot for me to do there for quite awhile. And so to be coming over here, and to have such story, and to be kicking ass, is such a blast! I am an actress and so I want to act, which is what has been so great about being over at DAYS!

I have got to say, itís so much fun to revisit Kristen. She is different. She is not as uptight as she was. I mean after all, it has been 14 years since we saw her. Kristen has grown up. She is sewing her oats and feeling like a woman, and coming into her own in a completely different kind of way. Kristen is fun. There is nothing about Ashley in Kristen, and vice versa. I think I am a lot more like Kristen than Ashley, except for the evil part!
I love hearing her say this. I know Y&R is her home but Days was always the show that appreciated her talents and really allowed her to stretch her acting muscles. Hopefully she'll still feel that way a year from now and she won't jump ship back to Y&R.
Quote:

When I confront John I say, ďI was on my knees begging you not to leave, and you looked at me like there was something stuck on your shoes.Ē So, that kind of made Drake and me remember. It was good soap opera.
Wow. So they really get into all that?

Let's hope there are flashbacks!

Quote:

There are a lot of scenes where John is not facing Kristen, but Marlena is. So I am behind his back looking at her taunting her, and you just see steam coming out of her ears. Itís fabulous! Really, I donít know what it is about her. Itís so much fun to torture her, it really is, because Marlena is so smug and she just bugs Kristen. So, she wants to knock her down a peg.
Just like old times. ;)

Quote:

I have had scenes with Melissa Reeves, because Jennifer is Kristenís best friend! When I was on the show before, Jennifer and Kristen were very close. So now, she is always trying to get Jennifer to believe she has changed. Missy is so funny. She will look at me in the middle of rehearsal and go, ďYouíre so weird.Ē I mean, Kristen is weird. She does get to say some crazy things.
I don't want a single scene with Kristen and Jennifer if Peter's name isn't mentioned at least once.

Kudos to the writers for remembering they were actually friends though.

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply