Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Promo for the week of October 22nd
Topic Started: Oct 19 2012, 04:09 PM (2,703 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/video/weekly-preview-102212/1421290
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

I wish the promo could show both Kristen's return and the start of Bo's exit. We had to suffer through endless Mel-related promos when she was leaving, but have yet to have even one focused on Caroline or Bo. I'm glad the promo isn't about Sami, EJ, Rafe, Nicole, Dan, or Jen.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

The promo is pretty bland, but I like the content so I can't complain.

I agree 100% that Bo's exit should be in the promo, wtf are they thinking? Unless they are going to make the following week have a little to do with him. It sucks how short they are so they can't really focus on more than one thing.

Mason
Member Avatar

This seems really underwhelming, which I guess I should have prepared myself for.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Maybe they're keeping Bo's exit low-key in hopes of bringing him back low-key later, or tricking people into thinking the actor is still around just not on-screen that much so we don't bitch to them about the departure.

Mason
Member Avatar

px780
Oct 19 2012, 05:22 PM
Maybe they're keeping Bo's exit low-key in hopes of bringing him back low-key later, or tricking people into thinking the actor is still around just not on-screen that much so we don't bitch to them about the departure.
They must have remembered how well that worked with Steve and Kayla.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Youtube?

karoline
Member Avatar

who`s in it please?

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

karoline
Oct 19 2012, 05:38 PM
who`s in it please?
John, Marlena and Kristen.

Nice promo.
Edited by JamesScott_19, Oct 19 2012, 06:26 PM.

DocandJohn4ever
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Oct 19 2012, 05:30 PM
Youtube?
here you go Mitch :)

Sariah
Member Avatar

Considering the magnitude of this event, it should be a much, much more exciting promo. It's boring. What a crappy way to reintroduce Kristen.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Wow... that was... just... :sleep:

Mason
Member Avatar

Sariah
Oct 19 2012, 07:17 PM
Considering the magnitude of this event, it should be a much, much more exciting promo. It's boring. What a crappy way to reintroduce Kristen.

As lame as the promo is, I'm trying not to pre-judge the scenes themselves too harshly without having seen them....but if the stuff that's not shown in the promo isn't much better than what is shown, I'll be royally pissed -- and I haven't cared enough to be truly infuriated by anything this show has done in a good while. I haven't waited so much time for the moment Marlena and Kristen come face-to-face again just for it to be totally half-assed.

ShaneDOOLFan

the promo didnt seem bad to me. Im not sure what some of you want. the days of JER are long gone and I like the fact that they are trying to make Kristen a more realistic villian and not cartoonish like she became towards the end.

Cupcake06

ShaneDOOLFan
Oct 19 2012, 07:35 PM
the promo didnt seem bad to me. Im not sure what some of you want. the days of JER are long gone and I like the fact that they are trying to make Kristen a more realistic villian and not cartoonish like she became towards the end.
A little JERness would be nice at times.

Mason
Member Avatar

ShaneDOOLFan
Oct 19 2012, 07:35 PM
the promo didnt seem bad to me. Im not sure what some of you want..
Well, I'd settle for a little drama and a bit of effort, for starters. I realize that's probably asking for too much from this show.

ShaneDOOLFan

exactly what drama are you wanting? or are you wanting camp material? I like that the promo doesnt give away much.

Mason
Member Avatar

ShaneDOOLFan
Oct 19 2012, 07:49 PM
exactly what drama are you wanting? or are you wanting camp material? I like that the promo doesnt give away much.
There's a difference between "camp" and "catharsis". Based on what the promo shows, these scenes don't seem cathartic or climactic at all. But if some camp made the scenes more exciting, then hell yeah, I'd go for that too.

Also, I'm fine with how much the promo gives away. I'm not fine with what it gives away.

ShaneDOOLFan

Im just not sure what people want I guess. As an avid fan of the Marlena/Kristen rilvary I havent been disappointed. It would have been a little silly to make her re-entrance on the show overdramatic (i.e. a ball where she reveals herself, or a catfight ensuing when Marlena sees her, etc.) Those things go against what the story that they are trying to tell which is a reformed Kristen (which I fully believe is only an act ). This is Kristen 2.0 who seems much more realistic so far when it comes to manipulating those around her.

Mason
Member Avatar

ShaneDOOLFan
Oct 19 2012, 08:02 PM
Im just not sure what people want I guess. As an avid fan of the Marlena/Kristen rilvary I havent been disappointed. It would have been a little silly to make her re-entrance on the show overdramatic (i.e. a ball where she reveals herself, or a catfight ensuing when Marlena sees her, etc.)
I don't need for Kristen and Marlena to throw down upon first sight in the middle of Horton Square, but I see nothing wrong whatsoever with a dramatic entrance with most of the town present. It worked quite well with "Tony" in 2002, and I don't remember anyone saying that was "overdramatic" or cartoonish. But even if they didn't do that for Kristen, this set up could still work perfectly fine with the right amount of effort. Unfortunately, this show doesn't seem to be fond of putting that effort in much anymore.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply