Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Soap Opera Mag article from 96 predicts "Days" 20 yrs later; See which predictions came true...and which didn't!
Topic Started: Oct 21 2012, 05:20 PM (2,605 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

Bo retires early...
John & Marlena are happily married...
Awaiting Eric's return...
Stefano presumed dead...

Soap Opera Magazine article from 1996 proves some predictions true, others not

http://www.jason47.com/days/2016predictions.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Jason47
Oct 21 2012, 05:20 PM
Bo retires early...
John & Marlena are happily married...
Awaiting Eric's return...
Stefano presumed dead...

Soap Opera Magazine article from 1996 proves some predictions true, others not

http://www.jason47.com/days/2016predictions.html
that's wild. Thanks, Jason!

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

That was really interesting! Their version of Days is a show I'd actually consider watching...

Harmony233

sad thing is those p;redictions sounded more interesting than whats happening now on the show lol

CoronaDays
Member Avatar

Hmm...very interesting article and much more interesting than today's storylines. I find Days to be very heavy on the drama lately. They need to lighten the show up a little. I'd be interested in seeing the Austin/Carrie/Sami/Lucas dynamics again but with EJ, Brady and Nicole thrown in to the mix.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Haha, that is... really weird.

They also accurately predicted:

- Phillip & Belle
- Will being Lucas'
- Mike & Robin reuniting (didn't they? Isn't that what Carrie said at her 2006 return?)

Titus Andronicus
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Oct 21 2012, 07:21 PM

- Phillip & Belle
- Will being Lucas'
- Mike & Robin reuniting (didn't they? Isn't that what Carrie said at her 2006 return?)
Everyone knew from the point of Will's conception that he would be Lucas' son. I mean, what's a love triangle without the baby not belonging to who the mother wants it be? Sami was shown sleeping with Lucas and Austin. The Lucas part furthered the triangle as Austin caught them and Sami was wearing Carrie's workshirt and Austin, in poor lighting and his boundless stupidity, couldn't tell them apart.

Harmony233

Titus Andronicus
Oct 21 2012, 08:12 PM
The Room Stops

- Phillip & Belle
- Will being Lucas'
Everyone knew from the point of Will's conception that he would be Lucas' son. I mean, what's a love triangle without the baby not belonging to who the mother wants it be? Sami was shown sleeping with Lucas and Austin. The Lucas part furthered the triangle as Austin caught them and Sami was wearing Carrie's workshirt and Austin, in poor lighting and his boundless stupidity, couldn't tell them apart.
yeah i remeber being 12 or 13 and thinking lucas was the father the most hilarous part is that sami/lucas never even thought he could be the father give me a break lol

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

also on the "did come true" list:
Shawn D followed in his parents' footsteps - he entered the police academy.
Marlena did do a bit of marriage/grief counseling - for Bo & Hope.
Abe & Lexie do have a son - Theo.

and i agree with whoever said it - i'd rather watch this Days than what we've got. (among other things, there's no Rafe!)

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Did they do a GL, ATWT, AMC or OLTL 20 year prediction?

:lol:

blueskies
Member Avatar

Thanks Jason!

I have to admit, that photo of Lucas & Sami made me laugh out loud. Some of these tidbits sound good, but I'm not 100% onboard with them. However I do wish 100% that Shawn-D were in town! I did like the Bo/Hope stuff.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I don't see why they don't have Glen and Barb die off screen and have teenaged JT sent to live with Hope.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Harmony233
Oct 21 2012, 08:18 PM
Titus Andronicus
Oct 21 2012, 08:12 PM
The Room Stops

- Phillip & Belle
- Will being Lucas'
yeah i remeber being 12 or 13 and thinking lucas was the father the most hilarous part is that sami/lucas never even thought he could be the father give me a break lol
Lucas did ask Sami if he was the father before either one of the knew definitively. She said no.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Thanks Jason! What a fun read!

nolagirl
Member Avatar

Thanks Jason,

I wished they'd kept the Allamain's in town, when Carly came back and they kept showing LAwrence's ghost I was truly hoping they'd have him really be alive. As usual Day's missed great opp with losing Vivian and Carly, as well as never truly bring Lawrence back and Nick could have also been a great addition. I loved when Phillip/Melanie were married thought that the writers could have struck gold with that pairing and the family dynamic. IF Lawrence found out that he truly was Melanie father. Phillip having two mothers who hate each other fighting for him Vivian/Kate, Melanie having Vivian/Carly fighting over her. Lawrence and Daniel fighting over Melanie, would have been a great storyline where Orangeglow is actually not groping a patient. Victor involved in so many directions, also if STATE was still together Stefano just being in there could have led to some great scenes. Could have left Daniel and Chloe married with Nick going after Chloe. And all this fighting and Phillip/Melanie are trying to just be happy away from the drama of all their families.

So many opps and instead we get same ole shit with The Sami Hour.

Ironically with all I just said three large families in Salem all out war and not a Horton or Brady involved, yet still having some of Day's great actors with real drama. What a waste.

anya
Member Avatar

Ha ha... I see Lucas as Santo & Sami as Colleen in that pic!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Why did they predict Lexie and Abe would have a "fair-skinned" child? That's a little odd.

It's so cute that they gave nearly everyone jobs.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Drew
Oct 21 2012, 10:07 PM
I don't see why they don't have Glen and Barb die off screen and have teenaged JT sent to live with Hope.
This always should have happened. It should have played out where Bo realized that JT was a terrible influence on Ciara and knew that JT was always up to no good, but Hope was blind to it. JT returning without Bo on canvas takes away some of the impact, but I still think they should go there.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Drew
Oct 21 2012, 10:07 PM
Keep in mind this was written before JT and Zack even existed. Even before Ej was born.

But I agree, they should bring back JT.

six
Member Avatar

px780
Oct 22 2012, 11:03 AM
Why did they predict Lexie and Abe would have a "fair-skinned" child? That's a little odd.

It's so cute that they gave nearly everyone jobs.
IIRC, this was written during the time that Lexie and Abe's (light skinned) brother Jonah were fighting their romantic feelings for each other. So, it's a prediction that Lexie and Jonah would give in and Jonah would be the kid's bio dad.

LOL at that picture of lumi.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply