Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, October 24th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 23 2012, 01:48 PM (3,892 Views)
concerned
Member Avatar

nolagirl
Oct 24 2012, 08:04 AM
Harmony233
Oct 24 2012, 07:58 AM
I miss when sami actually struggled to get a decent job because she didn't graduate high school lol not this terrfic jobs falling in her lap i actually miss seeing sami struggle
Days of Sami shruggling are over, you notice she's disgusted at the site of EJ BUT has given up the DiMera job nor has she moved out of the Apartment EJ gave her. So hypocrite Sami always in action. Loved what Kristen said Pot meet Kettle. Ironically Sami will somehow again be redeemed.
Love that she was called on it ... but really overtired of hearing this phrase . There must be another way to say pot calling the kettle black.
(PS neither my pot nor my kettle are black)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SpiritedLyric

Kristen was the only thing worth watching today.

camera shy

Hamilton
Oct 24 2012, 03:55 PM
Well they pretty much spelled out that Ej's going to go after Sami yet again and that Sami is going to be hoodwinked yet again into believing he is a 'changed man'. Cue the Stupid Sami music. Ej should be all about making Sami's life miserable, especially since she had no qualms about hiding another baby from him. His pursuit of her on a romantic level is asinine. I guess the point is to show that Ej truly is obsessed with possessing her much like his father wanted Marlena and Kristen with John. The Dimera legacy. I just wish Sami could have some intelligence based on her past experiences to guide her for a change. If we have to suffer this story at least bring something new to the table.

I liked that it was brought to light that Sami was running the cosmetic's company into the ground. Totally believable with her lack of background and lack of attention to the company. I was once excited about The Mole storyline because of it's originality and how it focused on the high powered women, Kate and Madison. Sami as a sneak made perfect sense as she worked inside to tear Kate's company apart. But of course that storyline fizzled out a huge disappointment before it even began. If Sami is going to continue in the cosmetic company I hope the writers can come up with something that highlights some cut throat action and gives the women back a place of power.

Loved Bo, Hope and Caroline. What a great storyline!

I thought Chad was in a bathrobe at first too! :P

Perfect timing Gabi. Sorry Rafe, you may have those puppy dog eyes but Sami deserves to stay pissed at you longer than a day. He needs to work for it rather than just lament that the relationship is over. Does the guy know nothing of groveling to a scorned woman? Get it together man.

I really liked the Kristen and Ej scenes, I just wished she had chided him more for being a sucker where Sami is concerned. I guess Nicole is really out of the picture for Ej now. Shame on that score.
Well at least with Stefano and Marlena Stefano grew his balls back and put them to good use on a woman who eventually came to love him, Kate.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Tammy
Oct 23 2012, 02:10 PM
PatNS
Oct 23 2012, 01:48 PM
Sami - I don't understand how you have the nerve to show you face in this town after the hell you rained down on my mother and everyone else in Salem.
Kristen - Well hello pot, it's me, kettle.
Quoted for truth!!!!
Kristen :wub2:

esp13
Member Avatar

Kristen and EJ are already delicious. Love how ED leaned her head way back as EJ walked by her chair. It was very cute. And I also love how it's impossible to tell if Kristen is being sincere or totally faking it all. Either way, she's clearly having fun with it and that's fun all by itself. And I think it's fun that the show just deliberately glosses over how Kristen knows everything. She did her research. Problem solved. I loved the eyeroll when Kristen talked about the lengths that EJ has gone to win Sami. ED totally flubbed her lines and tried to cover. Wasn't bad, but it was a flub. Why isn't Kristen telling EJ that Sami isn't worth his time? That's what a real sister would do. I know I'm gushing, but I really am enjoying Kristen. She's just so much fun.

Kristen/Sami is already fun. Kristen has had a really busy day. Two meetings with EJ, find Marlena in the park, find John in his office, and meet up with Sami. All while doing her research. The pot/kettle line was perfect. And I love the Sami has run the company into the ground. Given she never works that seems appropriate.

Does Sami ever have a good hair day? That is seriously all I have to say about the Sami/Rafe scenes. Or the Rafe/Gabi scenes. Although I don't have Gabi as much as I used to.

Gabi's hair color bugs me. It's like she's trying to be blonde but failing. Plus the topknot thing is ugly. Hey, it's Stefano's disembodied voice. Chad asks Stefano what's the point? That was my exact question about this entire scene. And about Chad in general. And Stefano's disembodied phone voice seriously sounds like a robot recording or some spliced together tape.

Yay!! It's Dr. Kayla Johnson (wonder what happend to the Brady thing from a week ago?). I love her glasses. So cute.

Hope looks gorgeous. Bo's black t-shirt is very nice. These Bo/Caroline/Hope scenes are very sweet. I hope the show learns from this and finds a way to do heartfelt family stories more often. This is a really interesting shot at the Pub. They are basically shooting through the mirror behind the bar. I don't think I've seen that before. At least not that obvious.

Sidenote: Watching extras in the background can be kind of fun.

lysie
Member Avatar

camera shy
Oct 24 2012, 05:08 PM
Hamilton
Oct 24 2012, 03:55 PM
Well they pretty much spelled out that Ej's going to go after Sami yet again and that Sami is going to be hoodwinked yet again into believing he is a 'changed man'. Cue the Stupid Sami music. Ej should be all about making Sami's life miserable, especially since she had no qualms about hiding another baby from him. His pursuit of her on a romantic level is asinine. I guess the point is to show that Ej truly is obsessed with possessing her much like his father wanted Marlena and Kristen with John. The Dimera legacy. I just wish Sami could have some intelligence based on her past experiences to guide her for a change. If we have to suffer this story at least bring something new to the table.

I liked that it was brought to light that Sami was running the cosmetic's company into the ground. Totally believable with her lack of background and lack of attention to the company. I was once excited about The Mole storyline because of it's originality and how it focused on the high powered women, Kate and Madison. Sami as a sneak made perfect sense as she worked inside to tear Kate's company apart. But of course that storyline fizzled out a huge disappointment before it even began. If Sami is going to continue in the cosmetic company I hope the writers can come up with something that highlights some cut throat action and gives the women back a place of power.

Loved Bo, Hope and Caroline. What a great storyline!

I thought Chad was in a bathrobe at first too! :P

Perfect timing Gabi. Sorry Rafe, you may have those puppy dog eyes but Sami deserves to stay pissed at you longer than a day. He needs to work for it rather than just lament that the relationship is over. Does the guy know nothing of groveling to a scorned woman? Get it together man.

I really liked the Kristen and Ej scenes, I just wished she had chided him more for being a sucker where Sami is concerned. I guess Nicole is really out of the picture for Ej now. Shame on that score.
Well at least with Stefano and Marlena Stefano grew his balls back and put them to good use on a woman who eventually came to love him, Kate.
Personally, I think that's a pretty rotten example.

JoeBucs32

Anyone know why we are only "hearing" Stefano and not "seeing" him lately? Seems odd....

LonePirate
Member Avatar

In the writers' rush to give Caroline Alzheimer's in order to write an exit story for Bo, did they stop to consider how much of a burden this will be for Sami? How can she flirt with three men and work with Kristen if she has to raise her three kids now that their full-time nanny can no longer take care of them? Please tell me Sami is not going to start mothering those three kids. That is the last thing they need.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Rafe sounded alot like RAFE2 today....I had a good laugh at that. All this acting must be getting GG confused..... :laugh:

appleblossom

LonePirate
Oct 25 2012, 07:17 AM
In the writers' rush to give Caroline Alzheimer's in order to write an exit story for Bo, did they stop to consider how much of a burden this will be for Sami? How can she flirt with three men and work with Kristen if she has to raise her three kids now that their full-time nanny can no longer take care of them? Please tell me Sami is not going to start mothering those three kids. That is the last thing they need.
Maybe Lucas, Abby, Marlena, Hope, or Will could watch the kids when they are not busy woth work or school. Besides all the kids are in preschool and grammar school(kindergarten), so it shouldn't be too hard for Sami in the mornings. If she puts effort into it, I think she could be a good mom.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I wasn't watching routinely during ED's last run as Kristen so I had forgotten just how fantastic she is. At the moment, she's the brightest spot on the show - bar none. I've loved each and every one of her scenes and looking forward to more.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

OMG I am loving Kristen

badaddiction
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Oct 25 2012, 09:51 AM
I wasn't watching routinely during ED's last run as Kristen so I had forgotten just how fantastic she is. At the moment, she's the brightest spot on the show - bar none. I've loved each and every one of her scenes and looking forward to more.
IA, but I just hate that she's going to be involved with the boring ass Jarlena. She just seems too young to be involved with that crowd (I'm talking ED's screen aura. It's more lively and hip in comparison to the DHs). Hopefully, she'll spend more time with Brady, than with those two.

Lil
Member Avatar

SpiritedLyric
Oct 24 2012, 04:01 PM
Kristen was the only thing worth watching today.
I wholeheartedly agree.

Kristen lights up the screen. Wish she wasn't being wasted on the fucking airhogs of our DAYS.

camera shy

Oh, I have a feeling Kristen is going to end up just like Nicole. She'll probably fall in love with Brady and everyone will tell him she isn't worthy of his love and she'll end up doing something to prove it and that'll be that . And then she'll start to scheme to get him back and someone else will enter the picture to capture Brady's heart and then poor Kristen will really start to scheme. And this show probably won't make Nicole and Kristen friends.

gelato

esp13
Oct 24 2012, 10:17 PM

Yay!! It's Dr. Kayla Johnson (wonder what happend to the Brady thing from a week ago?).

I'm a bit behind on my viewing but caught this too and I was very happy to hear her say Dr. Johnson!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply