Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TV Guide: Will and Sonny Finally Have Sex (video preview)
Topic Started: Oct 25 2012, 08:20 AM (10,841 Views)
SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Count me in the 'finally???' group. I feel like they didn't even admit to one another they were interested until a week ago.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

The scene looks good....but 'finally?'...they really haven't been together all that long you know.....

LonePirate
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Oct 25 2012, 09:25 AM
Count me in the 'finally???' group. I feel like they didn't even admit to one another they were interested until a week ago.
I can only wonder what people will think when Gabi and Nick have sex next week, which is still two weeks before Will and Sonny. I guess "finally" is a matter of perspective. It may be slow by historical soap standards but not by modem societal standards.
Edited by LonePirate, Oct 25 2012, 09:37 AM.

mellymet

esp13
Oct 25 2012, 08:53 AM
I had to laugh at the "finally" aspect. I do appreciate that the show kind of took it's time with Will and Sonny. But it still hasn't been THAT long for them to get to this moment, at least if you go from first kiss to first time. It's been a couple of months or so. As a S&K fan, I had to wait basically 8 months between first kiss and first time. That's agony. ;)
I agree, a couple of months is nothing to us. Steve/Kayla was 8 months. Bo and Hope first kissed in July 1983 and their first time wasn't until August 1984. That's a big finally! In this day and age, waiting for anything seems like forever. Can only imagine what that wait was like in the 80s LOL

I am looking forward to their scenes. It seems they are doing them very well. I am not however looking forward to Gabi being pregnant and the subsequent months of drama with that!

lumifan4life

LonePirate
Oct 25 2012, 09:35 AM
SocRMum1
I can only wonder what people will think when Gabi and Nick have sex next week, which is still two weeks before Will and Sonny. I guess "finally" is a matter of perspective. It may be slow by historical soap standards but not by modem societal standards.
I think people are just comparing WilSon "finally" having sex to the other couples in the past who had a nice buildup to their love stories but still had to wait longer for the sex to happen than WilSon waited. I don't think they were comparing WilSon to Nick & Gabi. Their lack of buildup is a result of the current regime and how every new couple is rushed nowadays compared to how love stories were told in the past. Nabi sex is being rushed for pure plotpoint purposes because they are being used to facilitate Gabi getting pregnant so she can pass the baby off as Nick's, that's all. They clearly weren't trying to tell a love story for Nabi like they at least did with WilSon. But still, in comparison to how long other legacy pairings on Days waited before having sex, WilSon's "finally" is really nothing at all.
Edited by lumifan4life, Oct 25 2012, 09:48 AM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

LonePirate
Oct 25 2012, 09:35 AM
SocRMum1
If I read an article about Nick and Gabi 'finally' having sex I'd mock that, too.

Gay or straight makes no difference to me. It's the perception that there has been a long, torturous build up to the big event.

We haven't seen one of those in years.

mae
Member Avatar

Well my "finally" isn't Finally! or Finally? It is simply Finally. in regards to sweeps.

I mean, there's this:
- Nicole's secrets are exposed. Will Daniel stand by her side or turn his back on her?

- Gabi faints, and what happens next may complicate her relationship with Nick and Will's relationship with Sonny. Could Gabi be pregnant?

- Brady saves Kristen from being mugged. How long before sparks start flying?

- A new guy catches Abby's eye.

Then there is this: Will and Sonny Finally Have Sex

Alligato
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 25 2012, 08:54 AM
The kissing is hot but that isn't a love scene.

This is a love scene!

Geez, Kenny...you can't keep posting scenes like this. It just reminds me how far soaps have fallen. I was enthralled...not just the sex part, but the beforehand when Doc was crying and John was pleading...just couldn't stop watching. Classic soap awesomeness! I just don't understand why they can't do that anymore!!
Out of all the things in the past, why can't they recreate a story like that? The dim lighting, the forbiddenness, the emotion! Dee and her emotion!!
Loved it so much!!! I miss that Jarlena so much! That triangle! All of it!

WilSon was good, but they have truly been a "couple" for 2 weeks! It's a shitty buildup! Where was Wilson's dim lighting? Where is their forbidden...almost prefer they find their love amidst the homophobes just for the classic soapy forbiddeness.

Thanks for posting! YOu too, Kenny! :)

six
Member Avatar

Wow, I'm surprised Days is letting Wilson follow the same sped up timeline that the other couples are getting.

IIRC, the overwhelming response to the wabi sex spoiler was "Already?!"
Edited by six, Oct 25 2012, 10:02 AM.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

I am surprised that they even showed a scene like that, that is shocking.

I wonder if the writers are going to treat their love scenes as a straight couple.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Alligato
Oct 25 2012, 09:51 AM
The dim lighting, the forbiddenness, the emotion!
I hate the way the show is lit today. Everything is so bright. Not only does it make the actors look bad, but it makes the sets look cheap and it ruins the moody, mysterious feel the show used to have.

lumifan4life

I hope that isn't the extent of the love scene because even Wabi's ONS was better than this. They had the dim lighting and an actual bedroom, lol. WilSon get Sami's couch in the middle of Sami's living room. Poor guys, haha.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

looks hawt!

oryfan
Member Avatar

Personally, much like Nick and Gabi, I think it's way too soon.

daysfan2

Great scene :)

On another note, I'm wondering where this scene takes place. I don't recognize the set, at first I thought it was Sami's apartment but it looks different than her apartment.

Ireland98

WilSon do look hot, but I agree that it's happening too fast. The same with NABI too. I've never liked insta romances (a la Bradison). I like some good drawn out and consistent angst (not the issues w/ T, Adrienne, & Lucas that were resolved in a day or 2). Even though there's more couples in today's society that don't wait long to have sex, when I want to get into a romance in a book or tv show, I like angst before sex. Maybe I'm just a masochist LOL!
But if WilSon fans are happy about it, then I'm happy for them.
Edited by Ireland98, Oct 25 2012, 12:29 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I think the "finally" has more to do with the fans anticipation for the couple to get together. Wilson fans have wanted them to sleep together the day we found out Sonny was gay and Will would be gay as well. That was in the summer 2011. So it's been over a year for the fans, and I think that's where the finally was pointing to. The fans. Not the story.

I am glad the show is doing this. I never thought we'd see it on DAYS. The only downside to this is the length of the scene. Is this just one take of a longer love scene? I hope so. If it's not, then that's kind of cheap. Will and Gabi had a full blown out sex scene. I'm sure Gabi's going to have one with Nick as well. Why should Sonny and Will only get an undress, a feel, a kiss and a fall to the bed, only to come back to them being done and in afterglow? It's not fair. No one's expecting anything inappropriate, but if you're going to claim you're writing a story for two characters, not two gay men, then you better treat them and their love scenes like any two other characters.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Freddie/Sonny look hot!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

To be honest, this show forgot how to do a good build up for a couple that's loaded with anticipation YEARS ago. I can't think of any new couple from recent memory that had any sort of decent buildup.

lumifan4life

daysfan2
Oct 25 2012, 10:19 AM
Great scene :)

On another note, I'm wondering where this scene takes place. I don't recognize the set, at first I thought it was Sami's apartment but it looks different than her apartment.
Ok looking at it again, it's not Sami's apartment. But it looks like Sami's apartment with the furniture moved around, lol. It might be Sonny's then. Have they shown his apartment before? Either way the scene happens in the livingroom on the couch since you can see the kitchen appliances in the background.
Edited by lumifan4life, Oct 25 2012, 10:42 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply