Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TV Guide: Will and Sonny Finally Have Sex (video preview)
Topic Started: Oct 25 2012, 08:20 AM (11,261 Views)
Ireland98

Matt
Oct 25 2012, 10:38 AM
To be honest, this show forgot how to do a good build up for a couple that's loaded with anticipation YEARS ago. I can't think of any new couple from recent memory that had any sort of decent buildup.
Whether or not you're a fan of the duos, I think CAFE and EJAMI had some good build up/anticipation scenes this year. It was a little annoying to always see CAFE fighting their feelings for each other, but it did leave me wanting to see more. The stalker stuff with Abigail & Austin kind of made me want to see more with them too. But Bradison and Chelanie were too fast, which is why neither duo got a strong fan following. Most of the other duos already have history & years of angst - Bope, Jarlena, Ejole, Lumi, Safe, etc.
I worry that Ericole and Bristen are going to go too fast now too. Though I assume that since Eric is a Priest, Ericole won't hook up too soon!
But I think that whether it's an insta romance or a slow build, chemistry is an important factor. And chemistry is subjective too.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

So who is the top and who is the bottom.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

darraholic
Oct 25 2012, 11:12 AM
I've always imagined Sonny as the top and Will would be the bottom.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Man that must have been hard for the actors to do...considering they both are straight...I know it is acting...but still...they did a good sell job...wow.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'll be tuning in for this. Kudos to Days for promoting this story in TV Guide.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

darraholic
Sonny is probably the top, doing all the work while Will lies on his stomach smirking away :P

blueskies
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Oct 25 2012, 11:15 AM
darraholic
I've always imagined Sonny as the top and Will would be the bottom.
I've always imagined the opposite.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Nothing about Will has ever struck me as overtly top-like. He's always seemed to me more like a potential power bottom. And a freaky one at that.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Finally.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Oct 25 2012, 11:25 AM
Man that must have been hard for the actors to do...considering they both are straight...I know it is acting...but still...they did a good sell job...wow.
Take note everyone! We are witnessing something even more rare than Cynthia Haskins clicking the Like button. Mitchapalooza is mildly impressed by a Days scene.

Are you feeling OK, Mitch? (Just kidding)

I wonder if they can maintain the illusion in subsequent scenes, assuming there is another scene or two after this one which actually shows them in action instead of simply manhandling each other.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I've always wondered why it's supposed to be such a big deal for to str8 actors to make out as part of a role, but "whatevs" if 2 str8 women do it.

annie21

Matt
Oct 25 2012, 10:38 AM
To be honest, this show forgot how to do a good build up for a couple that's loaded with anticipation YEARS ago. I can't think of any new couple from recent memory that had any sort of decent buildup.
This! It's not so much about how much time has passed from first meeting (or kiss) to first time making love, but what happened DURING that time. In prior years, the months of build-up were filled with shared adventures, shared laughter, tears, angst, anguish. There were lots of push-me, pull-you struggles and near-kisses and breath-taking moments when "it" almost happened. But it was mostly about two people falling in love despite odds and circumstances. We watched them fall for each other, so that when they "finally" made love, they were sure that they were meant for each other, and so were we.

That just doesn't happen anymore... not on this show. Too bad neither Sonny nor Will will ever get the chance to experience a tenth of the build-up that their respective parents had.

ETA: Yes, I realize that not every couple has to have the same type of build-up. After all, there were hook-ups, affairs, and the like in prior years, too. But it would be nice to have more balance in the current canvas. At least with MarDar we got happily married couples making love (Jarlena, Bope). Since TomSell returned, except for Safe, all other married, in-love couples are restricted to holding hands.
Edited by annie21, Oct 25 2012, 12:49 PM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Matt
Oct 25 2012, 11:58 AM
Nothing about Will has ever struck me as overtly top-like. He's always seemed to me more like a potential power bottom. And a freaky one at that.
Its not so much that Will strikes me as a top, it's that Sonny seems like a bottom, and that's what he's comfortable being. At least I'm pretty sure Brian saw him as a bottom, lol.

JaSamFanAlwayz09

lumifan4life
Oct 25 2012, 10:41 AM
daysfan2
Oct 25 2012, 10:19 AM
Great scene :)

On another note, I'm wondering where this scene takes place. I don't recognize the set, at first I thought it was Sami's apartment but it looks different than her apartment.
Ok looking at it again, it's not Sami's apartment. But it looks like Sami's apartment with the furniture moved around, lol. It might be Sonny's then. Have they shown his apartment before? Either way the scene happens in the livingroom on the couch since you can see the kitchen appliances in the background.
Sonny still lives at home w/ mommy, daddy, great uncle Victor, step great aunt Maggie, cousin Brady, butler Henderson (i'm assuming he lives there too) & Nick. Did i get everybody.

Doesn't he. He said i'll see you back at the house or whatever to Nick when they met. Unless he moved out in the last week.
Edited by JaSamFanAlwayz09, Oct 25 2012, 01:40 PM.

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

All I care about is Lucas! He doesn't seem against gays at all to me, he just has to get used to a very different aspect of his son's life. Over time, he'll come around. LUCAS! YAYYYY And then maybe lots of Lumi scenes, if Gaby is pregnant.
Edited by LucasHortonFan, Oct 25 2012, 01:47 PM.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

HOT!

I really hope there's more to it than just this 40-second clip though, otherwise I'm going to feel cheated. Lmao.

La_Laa

They are smoking hot together. Scene is full of sensuality. Yeah, and Freddie is a damn good kisser and full of passion.

Dear Soap Gods, I hope Lucas is not hiding under the bed :run:

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Probably the only thing I'm excited about for November Sweeps! :) I'm so glad it's happening, even though it might be short-lived because of the Wabi spawn.

vanjakefan1992
Member Avatar

Thank you for posting this....I think a lot of us want this day to come, but 20 days will go by so fast! It was just amazing and I hope we get some really good scenes out of Freddie and Chandler that day. :wub: :wub2: :cloud9:
Edited by vanjakefan1992, Oct 25 2012, 02:31 PM.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

More impressed with DAYS for going there, than I am the scenes...but I will give kudos to Chandler and Freddie. I don't think the "finally" is because the couple has been together for SO LONG that they should have been having sex forever now. I think its because DAYS introduced a gay character a year and a half ago and the show finally has the balls to go there.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply