Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, October 26th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 25 2012, 01:34 PM (5,263 Views)
OliveAnn

Matt
Oct 27 2012, 12:40 PM
I want to know why it looks like trustfund baby Sonny looks like he's living in the projects. And not even trendy projects (like the old, old, OLD vintage loft that everybody & their mother used to live in at some point), but just the ratchet projects.
Didn't you and I have a similar discussion on this when the show tried to make us believe that Melanie, ex-wife of a billionaire and daughter of two doctors, was in such a need of money that she needed two jobs? Apparently, the show doesn't care about such details.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

stormymac
Member Avatar

OliveAnn
Oct 27 2012, 05:12 PM
Matt
Oct 27 2012, 12:40 PM
I want to know why it looks like trustfund baby Sonny looks like he's living in the projects. And not even trendy projects (like the old, old, OLD vintage loft that everybody & their mother used to live in at some point), but just the ratchet projects.
Didn't you and I have a similar discussion on this when the show tried to make us believe that Melanie, ex-wife of a billionaire and daughter of two doctors, was in such a need of money that she needed two jobs? Apparently, the show doesn't care about such details.
Like LonePirate said, he wouldn't borrow money for his business from his family so I doubt he would use them to get a fancy apartment. Whatever money he makes from the coffee house, he probably puts it right back into the business. Don't forget, his secret investor is gone. I think the show has gotten this detail right.

specialcases
Member Avatar
your own "personal" Jesus

Kenny
Oct 26 2012, 01:41 PM
LoL, he said "mean old bench" -- not "mean old bitch."
Oh!!! hahahaha....and I rewound it like three times! too funny

Tammy
Member Avatar

It seemed to me that they were already trying to set it up to look like Kristen knew Brady when he was a teenager, with the line "i seem to remember you not being the biggest Marlena fan". Everyone who watched this show back then remembers that Brady wasn't more then 5 when Kristen disappeared! Ugh I hate it when tptb think we can so easily disregard what we have seen over the years!!!

specialcases
Member Avatar
your own "personal" Jesus

lysie
Oct 27 2012, 10:44 AM
IDK what the plan for Kristen/Marlena is, but I think they're setting up a perfect gaslighting story. I didn't expect Marlena to mention the phone again, and the way the bike story was set up right after Marlena said everything Kristen does is deliberate makes it seem like they're trying to show that Marlena is right. I think they're either going to have Marlena be right and Kristen completely gaslight her or they're going to have her wrong and OTT, though justified by history. I'd prefer the first scenario because I think that's just a better story. My guess is that it will be a poorly written version of the 2nd scenario, though.

Marlena dialed John's number on her iPhone. She dialed.
and then the screen was on landscape texting mode while she was "talking" to John on it

blueskies
Member Avatar

Tammy
Oct 27 2012, 08:55 PM
It seemed to me that they were already trying to set it up to look like Kristen knew Brady when he was a teenager, with the line "i seem to remember you not being the biggest Marlena fan". Everyone who watched this show back then remembers that Brady wasn't more then 5 when Kristen disappeared! Ugh I hate it when tptb think we can so easily disregard what we have seen over the years!!!
that doesn't bother me really....it's the whole "nobody acknowledging they thought she was dead" part that really irks me.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Tammy
Oct 27 2012, 08:55 PM
It bugs me, because I loved that Brady. He was adorable, he looked like John's son, and not only was he not against Marlena, he was absolutely pro-Marlena. She was his freaking mother for crying out loud.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Oct 25 2012, 01:56 PM
Barf. I want evil Kristen....not Kristen the do-gooder.
I think you are going to get your wish. Like Brady.John,and Marlena,I am not buying that Kristin has changed.She is already manipulating Sami ostensibly to help EJ but I bet she has a hidden agenda.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 26 2012, 01:41 PM
LoL, he said "mean old bench" -- not "mean old bitch."
Too too funny.You are cracking me up.I am still laughing as I type this.I am just imagining the conversation substituting "bitch" for "bench" as John is talking to the little girl.Initially I didn't understand what the first post was referring to.
Edited by BeeBee, Oct 28 2012, 07:54 PM.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Matt
Oct 26 2012, 02:06 PM
Mishearing John say "Did this mean old bitch jump out and scare you?" will forever never NOT be funny. I nearly choked to death until I realized what he'd actually said.
You are absolutely right.I heard and understood what John said as I was watching the show.When I read the post by specialcases I was wondering what it was all about until I read your post.Everytime I visualize John having the conversation with Kristin and the little girl substituting the word "bitch" for "bench" I start laughing again.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

michr544125
Oct 27 2012, 11:43 AM
Loving the dynamic between Will/Sonny and Nick/Gabi. I also was never a big Gabi fan but Nick has helped me enjoy her. I know there is going to be a baby story but I think it might actually be a really good story.

Will and Sonny sitting in those costumes talking about n sync wasn't even cheesy like I'd expect. it was hilarious. I couldn't keep a straight face watching them. Nice to see them messing around which led to things heading up vs. it being them planning a special event. I think Freddie and Chandler were very equal in this episode in portraying the romance. I think they have finally gotten together whatever has been missing since the first kiss. It could be the writing to blame or the directing but the passion has been lacking a tad. I guess they were just starting with baby steps. But seeing Friday and what happens on Monday the intensity and passion is more than alive now.

Nick and Gabi I love also. I guess Gabi just needed to find somebody that truly wants her. Will is gay. Chad was never into her. Nick really seems to like Gabi. They are cute together. Should be interesting to see if NIck was raped in prison or just saw things in prison between guys that now makes him uncomfortable around Will and Sonny.
Yes to everything except prison rape.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply