Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
November Sweeps Preview; "Tomlin and Whitesell are doing the unexpected..."
Topic Started: Oct 25 2012, 01:51 PM (29,655 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

"Gary Tomlin and Christopher Whitesell are doing the unexpected with the characters that I think will prove quite interesting to the viewers," says Executive Producer Ken Corday. "They're really ramping up to Thanksgiving into the new year. They're writing a much more concise show. We're looking at shows airing in mid-March and we know where it's going to be in six months and it looks really good."

John/Marlena/Kristen: Kristen's return poses a threat to John and Marlena's relationship. John believes Kristen has changed and Marlena doesn't. As a result, Marlena resorts to some underhanded, "un-Marlena-like" tactics. Says Corday, "[Marlena] doesn't tell John she's doing it and sooner or later, that's the kind of thing that comes back to bite you. But she's doing it for the sake of her relationship with John and the audience will be rooting for her."

Sami/EJ: Sami and EJ grow closer as they start working together. Says Corday, "We're putting our lock, stock and barrel in those two."

Eric's Return: Eric returns to Salem just in time for Thanksgiving. Corday says they brought him back because they wanted another character in his age range on the show and they wanted to give Nicole a front-burner story. (For those unaware, Eric is one of Nicole's many exes.)

Gabi/Nick/Will/Sonny: Gabi receives big news that not only affects her relationship with Nick, but also affects Sonny, Will, Rafe and Sami. Says Corday, "We'll be seeing a lot of the under-25 crowd, which in the past has always proved successful."

Kate/Stefano: Kate receives divorce papers from Stefano. She has a big story on the horizon.

Pick up the latest Digest for details!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Harmony233

thats kinda of sad that lucas can't even be mentioned in the gabie pregnancy story none of these stories sound interesting to me
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

For how bad Days has been lately, these spoilers do sound a little better. I love that John, Marlena, and Kristen were mentioned first. Also, glad that Eric's return is to give Nicole a front burner storyline (hopefully away from Jennifer and Daniel) Also, I think the Gabi, Nick, Will, and Sonny storyline has potential to be really good. Also, nice surprise to see Kate mentioned. She really does need a big storyline soon.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

Oh Jeebus...Because putting lock, stock and barrel into EJ and SlamPig always works out soooo well. Aren't they on enough? I'm glad John, Marlena and Kristen are the first mentioned, though. TFP :-)
Offline Profile Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

Sami/EJ: Sami and EJ grow closer as they start working together. Says Corday, "We're putting our lock, stock and barrel in those two."
Oh good grief!! :shame:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

John,John,John,Kritter is gonna make u look like a moron again.I am not sure how I feel about Marlena being underhanded.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NikiLani
Member Avatar

Where's Lucas?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Some of this sounds alright, but nothing super exciting. I like the Eric and Nicole mention.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

Kristen & Marlena cat fights? I'm allllll for that!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Let the meltdown commence.....
Offline Profile Goto Top

mbdimera
Member Avatar

These all sound pretty good. I'm looking forward to EJ/Sami and Marlena/Kristen.

TFP!
Offline Profile Goto Top

UsagiChan101
Member Avatar

I'm loving everything I see, all the people I like are here! :D and no mention of Daniel, even better! I believe the show will get better always have faith in Days! But I'm still wondering what they're going to do with Hope? I hope she doesn't get dull and boring..
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Sounds very lame and boring.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

The best part - NO MENTION OF DANNIFER!!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Harmony233

rpmaluki
Oct 25 2012, 02:00 PM
Where's Lucas?
now why would luas be mentioned its only his son that probally got gabbie pregnant
Offline Profile Goto Top

Guinevere
Member Avatar
Salem needs Jack Deveraux. Bring Back Matthew Ashford.

Which is the unexpected part then? :shrug:

Nice to see no mention of Daniel or Dannifer here..I'm sure that doesn't mean they'll be hopefully backburnered though.

Sad to see Lucas' name absent from the story involving HIS son.
Offline Profile Goto Top

anya
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 25 2012, 01:51 PM
Well, I would be really excited about this if Ken Corday was not a pathological liar and TomSell didn't worship at the altar of GG.

If it is true, then :cheer:
Offline Profile Goto Top

peaches179

Kenny
Oct 25 2012, 01:51 PM
John believes Kristen has changed and Marlena doesn't. As a result, Marlena resorts to some underhanded, "un-Marlena-like" tactics. Says Corday, "[Marlena] doesn't tell John she's doing it and sooner or later, that's the kind of thing that comes back to bite you. But she's doing it for the sake of her relationship with John and the audience will be rooting for her."

I hope we get some decent stuff. Deidre is at her best when she plays evil. LOL.

Thanks for posting, Kenny!
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

And the ledge jumping can begin now.....

As for unexpected...yeah.

We didn't see that Gabi shit coming at all.

Offline Profile Goto Top

PatNS
Member Avatar

If the show is putting it's 'lock, stock and barrel' on Sami and EJ then it really and truly is doomed and that's the first time I've said that about the show.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic