Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
November Sweeps Preview; "Tomlin and Whitesell are doing the unexpected..."
Topic Started: Oct 25 2012, 01:51 PM (29,334 Views)
nolagirl
Member Avatar

PABWECG
Oct 31 2012, 02:27 PM
nocturnalblondie
Oct 31 2012, 02:16 PM
PABWECG
Oct 31 2012, 01:53 PM
"Abigail and EJ bond over their losses."

Is this seriously what Ejabby shippers are getting excited about? This little spoiler?

Sorry, but the idea of EJ with Abby (of all people) just makes me :lol:

Besides the fact that I'll never accept EJ with anyone else until Ejami are given a real shot...if they had to pick someone else, pick a grown up for cryin' out loud! Hope, Chloe, Jennifer even! But a KID like Abby? TOO funny.
Abby's shown more maturity than Sami has over the years... plus, some of us think EJ shouldn't have to grovel to be with a woman who's repeatedly rejected him.

If they had to pick someone, pick someone who hasn't shot him in the head for cryin' out loud! But a lunatic like Sami? TOO funny. :lol:
I get that some of us love Ejami, and some hate them...that's fine! :P

But Abby! That's like picturing him with Will...wait, actually that would be hot. But no, not really because a) EJ is straight, and b) Will is too YOUNG, just like Abby.

It's not wrong, just...God, it NEVER occurred to me...and when have EJ and Abby ever shared a scene to make us think they have any chemistry?
I'm still on the Chloe and EJ train.....at least for revenge sex talk wabout HAWT!!!! :wub: :cheer: :cheer:
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

happy
Nov 1 2012, 08:17 AM
supercool74
Nov 1 2012, 04:20 AM
Princessah
Oct 31 2012, 07:04 PM
Imo, it its wrong for a seasoned mature man to be involved with a young impressionable girl. Abby is a baby compared to ej. Ew ew ew!!!
I don't know....this was Jack and Jennifer to a tee when they started. Jen was very young and a virgin, and Jack a more seasoned, mature man that did a very bad thing in his past. I know they were not everyone's cup of tea but they are my favorite. Not that EJ and Abby could probably ever come close but I would be up for it, if done right. I can totally see that scenario of EJ wanting to use Abby, but then falling for her for real. I would love to see that.
TPTB can't write a modern J&J story. Look at what they did to the original J&J!

J&J took years. And a lot of it was based on the slow redemption of Jack Devereaux. The rape wasn't just brushed under the rug, like all the many current crimes in Salem now. Except the rape of Jennifer that was conveniently forgotten after the overly hokey J&J rodeo wedding. That's when I stopped watching as a little girl. Even as a youth, I recognized that J&J didn't feel right anymore. They went from being a unique complicated couple with witty banter and delicious angst - to slapstick or something generic. I didnt know about regime changes then, but something felt wrong, the sparkle left, and I stopped watching. The building of a super couple takes time, character cohesiveness, and respect to history and consequences that this regime lacks.

A couple decades later, I tuned back in and got sucked into ejami vs ejole1. I loved the fake marriage between Ejami and the jealousy/rivalry between Sami and Nicole. I hadn't watched the original Ejami or their car rape scene. I just knew that Sami protested too much and Ejami were hot. :P And I knew that EJ and Nicole had heat as well. I didn't like that Nicole played such a doormat to EJ or that she had sex with him after he called her by another name. But the chemistry between the actors was still riveting to watch. And I liked the real friendship they seemed to be building.

But now, after all the trashing both couples have gotten. I've lost interest in both Ejami and Ejole. They've just done too many disgusting things to one another. I may be able to get behind Ejole again, because I think their sins against one another are slightly less disgusting than what Ejami have done to one another. And because Nicole has had such a horribly abusive childhood and past, I can try to make myself justify why/how she could still love a man who constantly cheats on her and takes her for granted. But the saddest thing is that I can't really root for EJ getting anyone anymore. The actor is still hot and charismatic, but I can't wish him on any woman. All the terrible writing and clumsy regime changes have destroyed him as a romantic lead for me. And I don't think this regime can redeem him.

Why should I tune into a show when all the couples disgust me? When there is nobody I can really root for? The couples/characters that aren't disgusting still aren't fleshed out enough to be remotely interesting. I hope to tune back in one day after T/W are fired, MR is off contract, and hopefully Nicole/Eric haven't been so trashed that they have hope of building a really compelling love story. I never watched the original Nicole/Eric, but I've read AZ thinks Eric was Nicole's true love - so I hope TPTB don't fuck it up. GV isn't as good of an actor as AZ, but he's pretty and better than most of the other current leading men. And AZ can create chemistry with a lamp post - so here's to hoping. IMHO they are the only hope I have left for this show.
I barely watched during the Nicole and Eric days, but I do know that Nicole sold Eric out for five million when offered by Kate to marry Lucas so I don't know if he was her true love and I understand by a friend that when Eric left town he was in love with a woman name Greta. So I hope they don't just sweep that under the rug and act like Nicole and Eric were lover torn apart due to circimstances out of their control. And I just can't see Nicole finding happiness with Sami's twin. The Bradys would never welcome her into the family just like they would never welcome EJ. Although it would be interesting seeing Nicole and EJ share Thanksgiving together coutesy of invitations by Eric and Sami. Hey, this might turn out to be an Ejole story.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

concerned
Oct 31 2012, 09:58 PM
gailwinters
Oct 31 2012, 07:07 PM
Did anyone see the gangnam dancing clip? I think Rafe and Abby should be the new couple. They would be so hot! And you know, as soon as EJ shares a bonding moment with Abigail, Rafe is sure to be attracted to her. Who's starting the board?
There is nothing in the gangnam dancing clip to convince me that Rafe should be hooked up with anyone let alone Abby.

Let Daniel and Rafe squabble over Jen Jen.
Interesting, there was nothing in the "Abby/EJ bonding" that convinces me that there will be a coupling, especially considering that the last times I saw that word attached to two people in spoilers, it turned out to be lame (Brady/Jen) or using someone's emotions to get info (EJ/Nicole). However, that's just me. I get that some people may see something in that spoiler even though I may not. We all see potential in different places. ;)
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Nov 1 2012, 08:42 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Harmony233

camera shy
Nov 1 2012, 08:37 AM
happy
supercool74
Princessah
Imo, it its wrong for a seasoned mature man to be involved with a young impressionable girl. Abby is a baby compared to ej. Ew ew ew!!!
I don't know....this was Jack and Jennifer to a tee when they started. Jen was very young and a virgin, and Jack a more seasoned, mature man that did a very bad thing in his past. I know they were not everyone's cup of tea but they are my favorite. Not that EJ and Abby could probably ever come close but I would be up for it, if done right. I can totally see that scenario of EJ wanting to use Abby, but then falling for her for real. I would love to see that.

J&J took years. And a lot of it was based on the slow redemption of Jack Devereaux. The rape wasn't just brushed under the rug, like all the many current crimes in Salem now. Except the rape of Jennifer that was conveniently forgotten after the overly hokey J&J rodeo wedding. That's when I stopped watching as a little girl. Even as a youth, I recognized that J&J didn't feel right anymore. They went from being a unique complicated couple with witty banter and delicious angst - to slapstick or something generic. I didnt know about regime changes then, but something felt wrong, the sparkle left, and I stopped watching. The building of a super couple takes time, character cohesiveness, and respect to history and consequences that this regime lacks.

A couple decades later, I tuned back in and got sucked into ejami vs ejole1. I loved the fake marriage between Ejami and the jealousy/rivalry between Sami and Nicole. I hadn't watched the original Ejami or their car rape scene. I just knew that Sami protested too much and Ejami were hot. :P And I knew that EJ and Nicole had heat as well. I didn't like that Nicole played such a doormat to EJ or that she had sex with him after he called her by another name. But the chemistry between the actors was still riveting to watch. And I liked the real friendship they seemed to be building.

But now, after all the trashing both couples have gotten. I've lost interest in both Ejami and Ejole. They've just done too many disgusting things to one another. I may be able to get behind Ejole again, because I think their sins against one another are slightly less disgusting than what Ejami have done to one another. And because Nicole has had such a horribly abusive childhood and past, I can try to make myself justify why/how she could still love a man who constantly cheats on her and takes her for granted. But the saddest thing is that I can't really root for EJ getting anyone anymore. The actor is still hot and charismatic, but I can't wish him on any woman. All the terrible writing and clumsy regime changes have destroyed him as a romantic lead for me. And I don't think this regime can redeem him.

Why should I tune into a show when all the couples disgust me? When there is nobody I can really root for? The couples/characters that aren't disgusting still aren't fleshed out enough to be remotely interesting. I hope to tune back in one day after T/W are fired, MR is off contract, and hopefully Nicole/Eric haven't been so trashed that they have hope of building a really compelling love story. I never watched the original Nicole/Eric, but I've read AZ thinks Eric was Nicole's true love - so I hope TPTB don't fuck it up. GV isn't as good of an actor as AZ, but he's pretty and better than most of the other current leading men. And AZ can create chemistry with a lamp post - so here's to hoping. IMHO they are the only hope I have left for this show.
I barely watched during the Nicole and Eric days, but I do know that Nicole sold Eric out for five million when offered by Kate to marry Lucas so I don't know if he was her true love and I understand by a friend that when Eric left town he was in love with a woman name Greta. So I hope they don't just sweep that under the rug and act like Nicole and Eric were lover torn apart due to circimstances out of their control. And I just can't see Nicole finding happiness with Sami's twin. The Bradys would never welcome her into the family just like they would never welcome EJ. Although it would be interesting seeing Nicole and EJ share Thanksgiving together coutesy of invitations by Eric and Sami. Hey, this might turn out to be an Ejole story.
what happened to the five million dollars anyways
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

JamaicanBeauty7
Nov 1 2012, 08:38 AM
concerned
gailwinters
Did anyone see the gangnam dancing clip? I think Rafe and Abby should be the new couple. They would be so hot! And you know, as soon as EJ shares a bonding moment with Abigail, Rafe is sure to be attracted to her. Who's starting the board?
There is nothing in the gangnam dancing clip to convince me that Rafe should be hooked up with anyone let alone Abby.

Interesting, there was nothing in the "Abby/EJ bonding" to convince me that there will be a coupling either, especially considering that the last times I saw that word attached to two people, it turned out to be lame (Brady/Jen) or using someone's emotions to get info (EJ/Nicole). However, that's just me. I get that some people may see something in that spoiler even though I may not. We all see potential in different places. ;)
I doubt at this point tptb have given any thought to the pairing of Abby and EJ, but if the fans of this potential couple keep talking it up they may take notice of it and dare to go there. Case in point Will. I don't recall any hints of Will being gay until some of his fans wanted that for him. I remember him being attracted to Mia and Gabi and I remember him being very impressed that Lucas had married Chloe and looking at her like any straight guy would. And I do think Will's fans wanting him to be gay played a big part in tptb making him gay. And why can't they give EJ and Abby a turn? It's not written in stone that he can only be with Sami or Nicole and Taylor wouldn't have happened. Lets see something we haven't seen before with this character. I know before he even opens his mouth the crap he's going to spill to Sami about what a wonderful mother and person she is. Let's move on before JS does.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

Harmony233
Nov 1 2012, 08:42 AM
camera shy
happy
supercool74

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

what happened to the five million dollars anyways
I guess Nicole must have spent it. No matter how much money comes into Nicole's possession they like her being broke. What happened to the money she earned from EJ working for him last fall? What happened to all the jewelery he gave her? She could have sold it and made a pretty penny, but they had her living in a hotel room that wasn't even a suite. They always portray her as broke when she certainly shouldn't be. We sure haven't seen her blow the money on screen.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

A big HELL NO to bringing Lawerence back for Dannibore. They could never ever do the story justice the way J&J did. Shawn doesn't have the acting ability and Tomlin can't write worth a crap. The only way I can accept a Lawerence return is if he is holding Jack captive somewhere. Perhaps even being the person responsible for orchestrating Jack's Afghanistan trip & imprisonment. But of course Tomlin won't write anything of the sort because that would require bringing Matthew back and actually writing for him. :flipoff:
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

camera shy
Nov 1 2012, 08:55 AM
JamaicanBeauty7
concerned
gailwinters

Interesting, there was nothing in the "Abby/EJ bonding" to convince me that there will be a coupling either, especially considering that the last times I saw that word attached to two people, it turned out to be lame (Brady/Jen) or using someone's emotions to get info (EJ/Nicole). However, that's just me. I get that some people may see something in that spoiler even though I may not. We all see potential in different places. ;)
I doubt at this point tptb have given any thought to the pairing of Abby and EJ, but if the fans of this potential couple keep talking it up they may take notice of it and dare to go there. Case in point Will. I don't recall any hints of Will being gay until some of his fans wanted that for him. I remember him being attracted to Mia and Gabi and I remember him being very impressed that Lucas had married Chloe and looking at her like any straight guy would. And I do think Will's fans wanting him to be gay played a big part in tptb making him gay. And why can't they give EJ and Abby a turn? It's not written in stone that he can only be with Sami or Nicole and Taylor wouldn't have happened. Lets see something we haven't seen before with this character. I know before he even opens his mouth the crap he's going to spill to Sami about what a wonderful mother and person she is. Let's move on before JS does.
I never said that you shouldn't talk about them, that EJ/Abby shouldn't ever or will ever be given a turn, nor that EJ can only be with Sami or Nicole. I'm saying that I don't see EJ/Abby right now. Writers may "dare to go there"... or they may not. That's up to them. I don't think about things too much down that line anymore. That's why I'm almost never in the "if I were writing the show" thread. They are an infinite number of possibilities in that realm. I'm thinking about what I see happening in the foreseeable future based on what we know as of today (and considering the thread we are in at the moment, for November sweeps); I don't see EJ/Abby. However, like I said before, that shouldn't stop you (or anyone else) from expressing your opinion. I'm simply expressing mine.
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Nov 1 2012, 09:18 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

EJ doesn't deserve ANYONE. He's an asshole with virtually no redeemable qualities. He loves no one, isn't capable of loving anyone..he's in it for himself, it's all about him being happy. To hell with what anyone else wants or doesn't want.
Offline Profile Goto Top

nolagirl
Member Avatar

camera shy
happy
supercool74
Princessah

My biggest problem with Day's (and believe me there are quite a few) but it's that they tell us who to root for and put together. For instance Nicole and Eric, yes back in the day Jensen Ackles had great chemistry with Ari and she's a great actress BUT some actors just don't mesh. I find Nicole with Rafe is horrible even as friends I can't buy into it. So my point is just because you have two good actors if they have no chemistry they're not gonna be a fan favorite. The writing should be good BUT the actor chemistry is what the viewers see. Alot of people are talking about EJ and Abby, why because in a few breif scenes they saw something. The writers didn't and may never so we're left with oh well another missed opp.

But like the new Eric and Nicole they think they can strike a great pairing with these two on their back history that doesn't sell me on the couple, I want to see it not be told to like it. EM - Brady has had that fate of them telling us about the shared chemistry with how many now and none have stuck, honestly I've only seen chemistry with him and AZ, but they haven't touched that truly. His other pairing Arianna had great chemistry with EJ but instead they just shoved her between the sheets with Brady for sex sex sex, didn't make the cuple rootable. Same with Madison it was all about sex sex sex, so they killed her off. Brady also had great chemistry with Melanie but some didn't like that pairing for either the reason of age or that they didn't like Melanie.

I just want a couple I see chemistry with and right now they don't have one on the block that I feel I can root for, closest they have is probably Kate and Stefano, don't know why but those two where fun to watch. I did think they made Kate a little too watered down, she needed to keep her fiesty side and have Stefano keep getting her out of trouble.

Offline Profile Goto Top

nolagirl
Member Avatar

camera shy
JamaicanBeauty7
concerned
gailwinters

They'll never give EJ anyone to truly fall for chemistry or not as long as Sami is still in his orbit, the character is doomed to never be happy while Sami is in town and still bouncing from man to man to man to man.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

nolagirl
Nov 1 2012, 09:48 AM
camera shy
happy
supercool74

My biggest problem with Day's (and believe me there are quite a few) but it's that they tell us who to root for and put together. For instance Nicole and Eric, yes back in the day Jensen Ackles had great chemistry with Ari and she's a great actress BUT some actors just don't mesh. I find Nicole with Rafe is horrible even as friends I can't buy into it. So my point is just because you have two good actors if they have no chemistry they're not gonna be a fan favorite. The writing should be good BUT the actor chemistry is what the viewers see. Alot of people are talking about EJ and Abby, why because in a few breif scenes they saw something. The writers didn't and may never so we're left with oh well another missed opp.

But like the new Eric and Nicole they think they can strike a great pairing with these two on their back history that doesn't sell me on the couple, I want to see it not be told to like it. EM - Brady has had that fate of them telling us about the shared chemistry with how many now and none have stuck, honestly I've only seen chemistry with him and AZ, but they haven't touched that truly. His other pairing Arianna had great chemistry with EJ but instead they just shoved her between the sheets with Brady for sex sex sex, didn't make the cuple rootable. Same with Madison it was all about sex sex sex, so they killed her off. Brady also had great chemistry with Melanie but some didn't like that pairing for either the reason of age or that they didn't like Melanie.

I just want a couple I see chemistry with and right now they don't have one on the block that I feel I can root for, closest they have is probably Kate and Stefano, don't know why but those two where fun to watch. I did think they made Kate a little too watered down, she needed to keep her fiesty side and have Stefano keep getting her out of trouble.

The only woman Brady has ever had true chemistry with is Chloe. They were never an insta-romance and were never about sex. Sadly after Higley took over both characters and the pairing itself was trashed in every way possible. Now Chloe is once again doomed to be wasted with Dr. Dick while Brady is paired with a woman who once changed his diapers. :frustration:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Harmony233

nolagirl
Nov 1 2012, 09:54 AM
camera shy
JamaicanBeauty7
concerned

They'll never give EJ anyone to truly fall for chemistry or not as long as Sami is still in his orbit, the character is doomed to never be happy while Sami is in town and still bouncing from man to man to man to man.
seems like no man can move on from sami which sucks
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

LanaluvsBroe
Nov 1 2012, 09:06 AM
A big HELL NO to bringing Lawerence back for Dannibore. They could never ever do the story justice the way J&J did. Shawn doesn't have the acting ability and Tomlin can't write worth a crap. The only way I can accept a Lawerence return is if he is holding Jack captive somewhere. Perhaps even being the person responsible for orchestrating Jack's Afghanistan trip & imprisonment. But of course Tomlin won't write anything of the sort because that would require bringing Matthew back and actually writing for him. :flipoff:
IA, Lawrence has no business causing trouble for Dannibore...not unless he kills Daniel and takes Jennifer back to his country for the next 20 years.
Offline Profile Goto Top

nolagirl
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Nov 1 2012, 09:59 AM
nolagirl
Nov 1 2012, 09:48 AM
camera shy
happy

The only woman Brady has ever had true chemistry with is Chloe. They were never an insta-romance and were never about sex. Sadly after Higley took over both characters and the pairing itself was trashed in every way possible. Now Chloe is once again doomed to be wasted with Dr. Dick while Brady is paired with a woman who once changed his diapers. :frustration:
Yes I did see chemistry with EM and NB but only in their last scenes, TPTB made sure to keep them apart on screen because of their agenda not being BROE. I was never a Broe fan but I did feel like when EM returned they should have given the couple some sort of closure and they didn't. I wouldn't mind that for Brady this time around but instead again they won't share scenes and they'll keep them apart like two people who don't know each other so they can push Kristen/Brady Jarlena storyline. I feel sorry for Kristen because they again are putting her right back where she was, I'd rather see Nicole step in to get Brady out of Kristen's clutches, those two actresses could do a great square off. While I'd love Broe revisited just out of curiousity I think I heard that NB is only back temporarily, so that means more trashing of Chloe to benefit Dannifer. :x If NB where to stay I'd much prefer her the hell away from Dr Douche and Bitchifer, and yes revisit Broe could be good.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Unexpected,no trying to screw up the show further sounds completely expected.
Offline Profile Goto Top

nolagirl
Member Avatar

Harmony233
Nov 1 2012, 10:02 AM
nolagirl
Nov 1 2012, 09:54 AM
camera shy
JamaicanBeauty7

seems like no man can move on from sami which sucks
Yeah it's Sami and her merry men who chase her golden twat. :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:
Offline Profile Goto Top

nolagirl
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Nov 1 2012, 10:03 AM
LanaluvsBroe
Nov 1 2012, 09:06 AM
IA, Lawrence has no business causing trouble for Dannibore...not unless he kills Daniel and takes Jennifer back to his country for the next 20 years.
I could go for that, my point of LAwrence is that he is a TRUE villian and could cause havoc on many but mostly Dannibore he could kill them, permanently mame them, or just make them never seen again and I'd be like well FINALLY!!!!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

This show doesn't seem to believe in character growth. What if Kristen had come back a changed woman and the kind of woman John could have fallen in love with, what would Marlena do then? But they go back to the same spot they were at with this character years ago. ED is a very beautiful woman and she shouldn't be wasted on having her chase after a man who doesn't want her. She should be the desire of some handsome guy who's pursuing her. Now maybe we'll get that with Brady or maybe not. And if we do will she be on the up and up with him or just playing him? This show seems to be just stuck on stupid.
Edited by camera shy, Nov 1 2012, 10:31 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

camera shy
JamaicanBeauty7
concerned
gailwinters

I think TPTB were intent on developing a 'gay story' - and Will made sense from a drama standpoint due to his ties to so many core families/characters on the canvas. I don't recall a lot of discussion about fans wanting Will to be gay until it was announced they would be doing a gay story.

As for fans generating enough buzz for couples to be given a chance - that's a very rare thing these days. Primarily because the shooting schedule is so far removed from what's actually airing that any sort of chance for natural chemistry to be noticed and take off is gone. Fan opinion seems to matter very little to TPTB - the present day shooting schedule dictates that everything we see is a result of what the producers/writers/creative team want to show us.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic