Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
November Sweeps Preview; "Tomlin and Whitesell are doing the unexpected..."
Topic Started: Oct 25 2012, 01:51 PM (29,027 Views)
SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

LuvingLumi
Nov 1 2012, 09:28 AM
EJ doesn't deserve ANYONE. He's an asshole with virtually no redeemable qualities. He loves no one, isn't capable of loving anyone..he's in it for himself, it's all about him being happy. To hell with what anyone else wants or doesn't want.
That pretty much describes Sami to a T. :laugh:
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

SocRMum1
Nov 1 2012, 10:32 AM
LuvingLumi
EJ doesn't deserve ANYONE. He's an asshole with virtually no redeemable qualities. He loves no one, isn't capable of loving anyone..he's in it for himself, it's all about him being happy. To hell with what anyone else wants or doesn't want.
There was a point that as a fan I could understand, explain her actions. There was also a stretch of time that Sami actually put others ahead of herself. Nowadays who knows, but at least I can say that Sami wasn't always like this or there was a time that she got how selfish she had been and tried to right that wrong. EJ hasn't done that at all.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Harmony233
Nov 1 2012, 08:42 AM
camera shy
Nov 1 2012, 08:37 AM
happy
Nov 1 2012, 08:17 AM
supercool74
Nov 1 2012, 04:20 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
TPTB can't write a modern J&J story. Look at what they did to the original J&J!

J&J took years. And a lot of it was based on the slow redemption of Jack Devereaux. The rape wasn't just brushed under the rug, like all the many current crimes in Salem now. Except the rape of Jennifer that was conveniently forgotten after the overly hokey J&J rodeo wedding. That's when I stopped watching as a little girl. Even as a youth, I recognized that J&J didn't feel right anymore. They went from being a unique complicated couple with witty banter and delicious angst - to slapstick or something generic. I didnt know about regime changes then, but something felt wrong, the sparkle left, and I stopped watching. The building of a super couple takes time, character cohesiveness, and respect to history and consequences that this regime lacks.

A couple decades later, I tuned back in and got sucked into ejami vs ejole1. I loved the fake marriage between Ejami and the jealousy/rivalry between Sami and Nicole. I hadn't watched the original Ejami or their car rape scene. I just knew that Sami protested too much and Ejami were hot. :P And I knew that EJ and Nicole had heat as well. I didn't like that Nicole played such a doormat to EJ or that she had sex with him after he called her by another name. But the chemistry between the actors was still riveting to watch. And I liked the real friendship they seemed to be building.

But now, after all the trashing both couples have gotten. I've lost interest in both Ejami and Ejole. They've just done too many disgusting things to one another. I may be able to get behind Ejole again, because I think their sins against one another are slightly less disgusting than what Ejami have done to one another. And because Nicole has had such a horribly abusive childhood and past, I can try to make myself justify why/how she could still love a man who constantly cheats on her and takes her for granted. But the saddest thing is that I can't really root for EJ getting anyone anymore. The actor is still hot and charismatic, but I can't wish him on any woman. All the terrible writing and clumsy regime changes have destroyed him as a romantic lead for me. And I don't think this regime can redeem him.

Why should I tune into a show when all the couples disgust me? When there is nobody I can really root for? The couples/characters that aren't disgusting still aren't fleshed out enough to be remotely interesting. I hope to tune back in one day after T/W are fired, MR is off contract, and hopefully Nicole/Eric haven't been so trashed that they have hope of building a really compelling love story. I never watched the original Nicole/Eric, but I've read AZ thinks Eric was Nicole's true love - so I hope TPTB don't fuck it up. GV isn't as good of an actor as AZ, but he's pretty and better than most of the other current leading men. And AZ can create chemistry with a lamp post - so here's to hoping. IMHO they are the only hope I have left for this show.
I barely watched during the Nicole and Eric days, but I do know that Nicole sold Eric out for five million when offered by Kate to marry Lucas so I don't know if he was her true love and I understand by a friend that when Eric left town he was in love with a woman name Greta. So I hope they don't just sweep that under the rug and act like Nicole and Eric were lover torn apart due to circimstances out of their control. And I just can't see Nicole finding happiness with Sami's twin. The Bradys would never welcome her into the family just like they would never welcome EJ. Although it would be interesting seeing Nicole and EJ share Thanksgiving together coutesy of invitations by Eric and Sami. Hey, this might turn out to be an Ejole story.
what happened to the five million dollars anyways
Victor and Kate teamed up with a lawyer who seduced Nicole and swindled her out of it and gave it back to Kate.
Offline Profile Goto Top

supercool74
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Nov 1 2012, 10:30 AM
camera shy
Nov 1 2012, 08:55 AM
JamaicanBeauty7
Nov 1 2012, 08:38 AM
concerned
Oct 31 2012, 09:58 PM

Interesting, there was nothing in the "Abby/EJ bonding" to convince me that there will be a coupling either, especially considering that the last times I saw that word attached to two people, it turned out to be lame (Brady/Jen) or using someone's emotions to get info (EJ/Nicole). However, that's just me. I get that some people may see something in that spoiler even though I may not. We all see potential in different places. ;)
I doubt at this point tptb have given any thought to the pairing of Abby and EJ, but if the fans of this potential couple keep talking it up they may take notice of it and dare to go there. Case in point Will. I don't recall any hints of Will being gay until some of his fans wanted that for him. I remember him being attracted to Mia and Gabi and I remember him being very impressed that Lucas had married Chloe and looking at her like any straight guy would. And I do think Will's fans wanting him to be gay played a big part in tptb making him gay. And why can't they give EJ and Abby a turn? It's not written in stone that he can only be with Sami or Nicole and Taylor wouldn't have happened. Lets see something we haven't seen before with this character. I know before he even opens his mouth the crap he's going to spill to Sami about what a wonderful mother and person she is. Let's move on before JS does.
I think TPTB were intent on developing a 'gay story' - and Will made sense from a drama standpoint due to his ties to so many core families/characters on the canvas. I don't recall a lot of discussion about fans wanting Will to be gay until it was announced they would be doing a gay story.

As for fans generating enough buzz for couples to be given a chance - that's a very rare thing these days. Primarily because the shooting schedule is so far removed from what's actually airing that any sort of chance for natural chemistry to be noticed and take off is gone. Fan opinion seems to matter very little to TPTB - the present day shooting schedule dictates that everything we see is a result of what the producers/writers/creative team want to show us.
I'm not sure people were clamoring for Will to be gay, but I can see where the idea started. I swear that when Mia was in the picture and Will and Chad were becoming friends I saw it going there. I really thought it was going to be Chad and Will. Not because it was what I wanted, but I think it is because I saw some kind of chemistry and in my head I thought..."I bet they are going to make them gay"....but it didn't work out that way. Months later, I heard Will was going to be gay. I wasn't really on the message boards back then, but I can see where the idea may have come up because I myself saw something there. So, maybe there were people talking about it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

supercool74
Nov 1 2012, 10:58 AM
SocRMum1
Nov 1 2012, 10:30 AM
camera shy
Nov 1 2012, 08:55 AM
JamaicanBeauty7
Nov 1 2012, 08:38 AM

I doubt at this point tptb have given any thought to the pairing of Abby and EJ, but if the fans of this potential couple keep talking it up they may take notice of it and dare to go there. Case in point Will. I don't recall any hints of Will being gay until some of his fans wanted that for him. I remember him being attracted to Mia and Gabi and I remember him being very impressed that Lucas had married Chloe and looking at her like any straight guy would. And I do think Will's fans wanting him to be gay played a big part in tptb making him gay. And why can't they give EJ and Abby a turn? It's not written in stone that he can only be with Sami or Nicole and Taylor wouldn't have happened. Lets see something we haven't seen before with this character. I know before he even opens his mouth the crap he's going to spill to Sami about what a wonderful mother and person she is. Let's move on before JS does.
I think TPTB were intent on developing a 'gay story' - and Will made sense from a drama standpoint due to his ties to so many core families/characters on the canvas. I don't recall a lot of discussion about fans wanting Will to be gay until it was announced they would be doing a gay story.

As for fans generating enough buzz for couples to be given a chance - that's a very rare thing these days. Primarily because the shooting schedule is so far removed from what's actually airing that any sort of chance for natural chemistry to be noticed and take off is gone. Fan opinion seems to matter very little to TPTB - the present day shooting schedule dictates that everything we see is a result of what the producers/writers/creative team want to show us.
I'm not sure people were clamoring for Will to be gay, but I can see where the idea started. I swear that when Mia was in the picture and Will and Chad were becoming friends I saw it going there. I really thought it was going to be Chad and Will. Not because it was what I wanted, but I think it is because I saw some kind of chemistry and in my head I thought..."I bet they are going to make them gay"....but it didn't work out that way. Months later, I heard Will was going to be gay. I wasn't really on the message boards back then, but I can see where the idea may have come up because I myself saw something there. So, maybe there were people talking about it.
There were a lot or people on the boards hoping that Chad and Will would hook up and I thought it was just wishful thinking (like some see Abby and EJ). But their wish came true, at least in the direction they sent WIll.
Edited by camera shy, Nov 1 2012, 11:08 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

SocRMum1
LuvingLumi
Except for the huge difference that Sami is actually allowed to have happiness. Ej is forever made the loser in love.
Goto Top

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

LuvingLumi
That is just the way I like him, cruel,sadistic and chatoic, ah I love the dark side B-)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Luvmydays
Member Avatar

Hopeless_Dreamer
Nov 1 2012, 11:17 AM
SocRMum1
LuvingLumi
Except for the huge difference that Sami is actually allowed to have happiness. Ej is forever made the loser in love.
That's why EJ and Nicole worked so well. They were both in the same boat and were awesome together. Now they made Nicole into a nut case and turned EJ into a sappy lap dog.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic