Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Bryan Dattillo on Days 'Gay' Story
Topic Started: Oct 25 2012, 02:08 PM (6,011 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Lucas purposely interrupts an intimate moment between Sonny and Will this week when he beats down Sonny's door with the excuse that he wants Will to say goodbye to his grandma Caroline. Does this mean Lucas can't handle his son being intimate with another guy?

"It's not that simple," says Dattilo. "Lucas doesn't want to see Will get hurt. He just wants to make sure Sonny doesn't take advantage of Will when he's in a vulnerable state."

Dattilo admits that Lucas was taken aback when he saw Will being affectionate with Sonny a few weeks ago and he's trying to get used to being okay with it. "There's a shift in attitude that he has to make," says Dattilo.

Dattilo goes on to talk about Lucas and Sami's relationship, saying Lucas was hurt when Sami picked EJ over him last summer but he would drop everything in a heartbeat to be with her. Shares the actor, "He loves her."

Pick up the latest Digest for details!
Offline Profile Goto Top

peaches179

Just wait a few weeks/month or two, Lucas. Your turn with Sami will come around. LOL.

Thanks Kenny!
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

I see TomSell are still doing no favors for the character of Lucas.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Lucas/Bryan stop being pathetic and hoping for this stupid Sami relationship. Its time for the character to move on.

Its better material for BD for him to have a problem with Will and Sonny, but he has to hate it. He was so excited that Lucas was completely and totally accepting of Will's sexuality and now he's the total opposite. I imagine it would be awkward for any unsuspecting dad to see his son intimate with a man for the first time, but get over it. Sonny is like the best guy Will could ever find so I'm not sure what Lucas' point is. Unless he's hoping Will will suddenly become un-gay.
Online Profile Goto Top

MericP
Member Avatar

I think it's difficult for a parent to accept at first.

I think Lucas will come around; he's a good dad and he was supportive which to me means he still is. This will pass.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

I'm glad they are giving something for Lucas to do and that it's interesting. It's one thing to say you accept your son being gay but it's still a change in mindset for him. For years, Lucas pictured Will having a wife one day, now he has to get used to this change. It wouldn't be genuine if it changed overnight. I like that it's not only that; he's protective of his son. That's natural.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

LUCAS!!!!! I know he will be more involved with these stories as time goes on. I'm so happy to see a Bryan Dattilo interview! These stories will carry into November and beyond I'm sure. A shift in attitude doesn't just happen over night. This sounds like classic tptb trying to keep all the fan bases involved.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

DiMeraFan67
Oct 25 2012, 02:18 PM
Lucas/Bryan stop being pathetic and hoping for this stupid Sami relationship. Its time for the character to move on.

Its better material for BD for him to have a problem with Will and Sonny, but he has to hate it. He was so excited that Lucas was completely and totally accepting of Will's sexuality and now he's the total opposite. I imagine it would be awkward for any unsuspecting dad to see his son intimate with a man for the first time, but get over it. Sonny is like the best guy Will could ever find so I'm not sure what Lucas' point is. Unless he's hoping Will will suddenly become un-gay.
I want more for Lucas/BD than Sami too, but I gather he has nothing else than her as a potential love interest at this point. :-/
Offline Profile Goto Top

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67

This isn't Bryan's first rodeo. He knows that his days are numbered if Lucas is not in Sami's orbit and that tptb probably aren't going to write for him otherwise. He's lucky his character gets to be an arse about Will and Sonny.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lumifan4life

So basically BD is saying here that Lucas can't get over Sami. I knew it and it sucks because they clearly don't have any plans for him to move on. So Lucas is just supposed to secretly love Sami in silence while she hops from Rafe to EJ and back again. Lucas is doomed forever and his heart will be forever broken. That's nice to know.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jackjenfan
Member Avatar

I think Lucus will eventually be more accepting of Will's relationship. I believe the character is trying to be supportive, but is likely having a difficult time because he is uncomfortable about it. He likely just can't understand Will's choice but I think he'll eventually come around to understanding that Will is still the same person and this choice isn't going to be something to hurt him.

I think it's interesting at least one character just doesn't understand Will's new relationship. I think it makes it more interesting and more realistic than everyone simply agreeing to it right away.

I really wish that Lucus would just give up on Sami and get involved with someone else. Maybe get his career going again. Maybe go to work with Brady.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Harmony233

jackjenfan
Oct 25 2012, 03:36 PM
I think Lucus will eventually be more accepting of Will's relationship. I believe the character is trying to be supportive, but is likely having a difficult time because he is uncomfortable about it. He likely just can't understand Will's choice but I think he'll eventually come around to understanding that Will is still the same person and this choice isn't going to be something to hurt him.

I think it's interesting at least one character just doesn't understand Will's new relationship. I think it makes it more interesting and more realistic than everyone simply agreeing to it right away.

I really wish that Lucus would just give up on Sami and get involved with someone else. Maybe get his career going again. Maybe go to work with Brady.
I would love lucas to get back into a buisness story i loved the titan stuff back in the day
Offline Profile Goto Top

jaygal
Member Avatar

Harmony233
Oct 25 2012, 03:58 PM
jackjenfan
Oct 25 2012, 03:36 PM

I would love lucas to get back into a buisness story i loved the titan stuff back in the day
I know. I've been watching some 2005 stuff and been enjoying it! Lucas has a friend called Sophie ;)
It is good that Lucas is in some story that doesn't involve his baby mama, but I do like the idea of some business stuff. Maybe he and Brady could team up.
He'll need money to buy things for his grandchild.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67

i did not see bryan hoping for this stupid Sami relationship he was asked about sami
so he answer lucas still love sami but he is masking his feeling that sami can not see how much she hurt the nothing about lucas trying to get sami back or bryan asking for being pair with her

in almost in everthing bryan had in last few bryan was close to begging that lucas will real pair with someone else too

btw on full sod the use the term sami fickle heart
Offline Profile Goto Top

lumifan4life

Partnersincrime
Oct 25 2012, 04:17 PM
DiMeraFan67

i did not see bryan hoping for this stupid Sami relationship he was asked about sami
so he answer lucas still love sami but he is masking his feeling that sami can not see how much she hurt the nothing about lucas trying to get sami back or bryan asking for being pair with her

in almost in everthing bryan had in last few bryan was close to begging that lucas will real pair with someone else too

I don't think Bryan cares personally who he's paired with but I don't think he's against Lumi either. He's the only one of the pairing that tweets about Lumi scenes and cares about Lumi fans. He acknowledges us all the time and gives us hope. Just the other day he tweeted "Lumi will live forever" after watching a video a fan sent him. He knows how much his fans love him and AS together so that's why he promotes Lumi when he can even if it's not the story. Not saying if he gets another pairing, he wouldn't promote it too. But given Lumi's 20 year history and how much the majority of his fans love his chemistry with AS, I think he will care about the Lumi pairing and Lumi fans for those reasons alone.

But yes as far as this article, BD was simply saying how Lucas feels. What's wrong with Lucas being true in his heart to the woman he loves? Someone has to be not be fickle here, lol.
Edited by lumifan4life, Oct 25 2012, 05:07 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67

How is BD being pathetic talking about Lucas's relationship with Sami? He was probably asked about it, and knowing Lucas from playing him for pretty much 19yrs, BD spoke about how he thinks Lucas feels. And, you know, it's not surprising to me! I have no doubt Sami will be Lucas's one and only true love forever and ever, and that his heart will never harden to her. It's stupid insofar as love is a crazy, stupid thing - esp. on soaps - but that's all. I would love for him to move on and become involved in another romantic storyline, as well as a business one fersure (all the possibilities I could think of with Lucas somehow getting involved in Kristen-y business things). But, will I ever doubt Lucas loves Sami? Of course not! It's no less stupid than any of Sami's men still loving her after all these years - each is equally guilty of insanity and his own version of "love" I guess.

As for this business with Sonny and Will, as I've already said, whatever. I don't take it seriously. If anyone needs to get over anything, I think it's certain writers needing to get over this typical bus-throwing treatment of Lucas. But whatever. And I don't care enough about Wilson to, well, care about this development. If I can find anything I like about the s/line, it's that Lucas is shown as being flawed and conflicted and unsure, and I've loved Lucas for these very real and human flaws. Two weeks ago when he was uncertain about his feelings about seeing Will and Sonny together, I just saw it as a dad who had a vision of his son as a grown-up, being confronted with a reality he wasn't expecting and trying to resolve it within himself. Will doesn't need his dad to be OK with his being gay (I think that line was cliche-ingly bandied about), but Lucas wants to be ok with it for himself and his future relationship with his son. I saw him conflicted and angry at how he felt, which to ME signals total non-bigotry. I don't think a bigot would care to suss out his feelings or thoughts. So, whatever - let this pass and Wilson have their angst. BD will rock whatever dreck he's thrown.

Love ya Bry =)
Edited by elci525, Oct 25 2012, 05:24 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

lumifan4life
Oct 25 2012, 05:06 PM
Partnersincrime
DiMeraFan67

I don't think Bryan cares personally who he's paired with but I don't think he's against Lumi either. He's the only one of the pairing that tweets about Lumi scenes and cares about Lumi fans. He acknowledges us all the time and gives us hope. Just the other day he tweeted "Lumi will live forever" after watching a video a fan sent him. He knows how much his fans love him and AS together so that's why he promotes Lumi when he can even if it's not the story. Not saying if he gets another pairing, he wouldn't promote it too. But given Lumi's 20 year history and how much the majority of his fans love his chemistry with AS, I think he will care about the Lumi pairing and Lumi fans for those reasons alone.

But yes as far as this article, BD was simply saying how Lucas feels. What's wrong with Lucas being true in his heart to the woman he loves? Someone has to be not be fickle here, lol.
I think at this point Bryan is just interested in keeping his well paying job. He's knows what it feels like to go without it and he appreciates having it. I think he'd sell Lucas falling in love with EJ if he had to and do it with his usual humor and smirk.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

lumifan4life
Partnersincrime
DiMeraFan67

i know BD is not anti lumi bryan is more lumi fan than alison now that for sure

but he is every open to new pairings more than ever so someone said he being pathetic

becuase he is hoping to pair with sami again does not what he talking about it

bryan was very honest for years is all in for another pairing for lucas becuase it will better for his as actor and you know what so do i

Offline Profile Goto Top

lumifan4life

camera shy
Oct 25 2012, 05:19 PM
lumifan4life
Partnersincrime
DiMeraFan67

I think at this point Bryan is just interested in keeping his well paying job. He's knows what it feels like to go without it and he appreciates having it. I think he'd sell Lucas falling in love with EJ if he had to and do it with his usual humor and smirk.
I agree that I think BD just loves being at Days and having an acting job again. He seems very loyal to the show even if they backburn him or not. He doesn't care because he just wants his job.

That being said, I don't think he'd go as far as promoting EJ anything or something he thinks his fans won't like. If he's written for in another pairing and fans respond well to it, I think he'd also promote that as well. But all I was saying is that the majority of BD/Lucas fans are Lumi fans and I think that is the reason BD continues to promote Lumi even when Lumi are broken up onscreen and there is no indication that they will be revisitied anytime soon. Remember the "Lumi magic" tweet back in July? We just saw that scene this week. It amounted to nothing but BD knew what they were filming way ahead back then and still wanted to tweet in support of Lumi scenes. I don't see BD tweeting anything about WilSon and how Lucas is involved in their storyline even though we know he is. Instead he tweets about Lumi even though they are done for now. That's cause he knows Lumi fans for the must part support him and the character of Lucas and he wants to encourage his fanbase. Nothing wrong with that.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lumifan4life

Partnersincrime
Oct 25 2012, 05:20 PM
lumifan4life
Partnersincrime
DiMeraFan67

i know BD is not anti lumi bryan is more lumi fan than alison now that for sure

but he is every open to new pairings more than ever so someone said he being pathetic

becuase he is hoping to pair with sami again does not what he talking about it

bryan was very honest for years is all in for another pairing for lucas becuase it will better for his as actor and you know what so do i

I'm sure BD would welcome a new pairing if he was given the chance. I just think he's always going to encourage and support the Lumi fanbase as well because he knows they are his biggest fans. Many Lucas fans called for Autumn to be cast and BD has joked about her too but he still tweets about Lumi anyway even if they're not paired together. I haven't seen him say something like "Bring Autumn on for Lucas" even though fans tweet him stuff like that all the time, lol. Instead he promotes even the tiniest Lumi scene, case in point the "Lumi magic" scene this week. It was nothing but it was Lumi interacting and BD tweeted about it back in July. He knows what excites his fanbase so he promotes Lumi for their sake. He doesn't have to but he does anyway and that shows he cares about his fans.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic