Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Bryan Dattillo on Days 'Gay' Story
Topic Started: Oct 25 2012, 02:08 PM (6,043 Views)
Helpless Romantic

lumifan4life
Oct 26 2012, 09:41 AM
Helpless Romantic
Oct 26 2012, 09:37 AM
Tibi
Oct 26 2012, 09:26 AM
:offs: Lucas standing in the background, secretly in love with Sami while she bounces from man to man. Um, are we sure Ali's not writing this shit? Yes, Sami has always been Lucas' great love, but Lucas was always Sami's one true love, that is until Rafe came along. :facepalm:
Rafe was never the problem After EJ came on Lucas was thrown under the bus and now Rafe is for EJ. At this point Sami's "great love" is herself. I don't think in her state that she truly loves any of them. Before the hate boink I would have said Sami would NEVER cheat on the man she loves but she is so far off from being the faithful loving girl, which is what I admired most her loyalty to one nan but pleasing everyone has ruined her, especially the affiliation with Elvis. Same has REALLY messed up her relationships with both Rafe and Lucas and say what you will about Rafe but until the hack writing he stayed true loved her and fought for her. The thing that really burns me is she forgave EJ for all his crap that he put her through without blinking but she can't Rafe for one lie, that she knew about and had he explained in detail would not have listened to. Then Lucas they constantly have her bring up their past but EJ's dispicable shit is swet under?!! GMAFB!
Actually until Rafe came along, Sami was shown to always love Lucas and he was written as her one true love. It wasn't that Rafe was the problem, it was just that Sami was genuinely written as loving only Lucas until 2008. Even though EJ came into the picture in 2006, Lucas was still the one Sami loved while EJ was obsessed (as always).

Since then yes, things have drastically changed and Sami's fickle heart is on a nonstop world tour between the 3 men.
I am aware of the details I loved LUMI and rooted for them but then I grew to really love SAFE . I still like Lucas and IMO I always thought that the SAFE / LUMI couplings were going to be the parallel for Jarlena and Rolena but then MarDar drew the Jarlena affair parallel with EJAMI :puke: I had always hoped that the triangle would be SAFE/ LUMI and there is no question that Tomlin didn't want to write for Lucas but what I am refering to is that it was Ed Scott's initial decision in 08 to "rest " Lucas and have EJAMI living together and "growing closer" enough for her to boink him the first time. IMO their relationship was never the same since. Four years later and we are STILL dealing with the same shit.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Oct 26 2012, 09:53 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

lumifan4life
Oct 26 2012, 09:33 AM
Harmony233
Oct 26 2012, 09:28 AM
Lil
Oct 26 2012, 09:22 AM
*sigh* Can Lucas please be extricated from this suckfest. BD is one of the best snark-givers on this fucking show. WHY can't Lucas go back to scheming with Kate against Sami (since they recycle everything how about something that ain't been done in a while and that was actually entertaining?!) ans if he MUST forever be pining for the fucking cuntBeast then why not AFTER he and Kate have ruined her? Then maybe his conscience catches up to him or whatever?

No, instead he is going to intentionally barge in on his son and his son's man. Ok, it is sort of a Kate-like thing to do...Only Kate would have gone balls out crazy and poisoned Sonny or some shit...instead we get to see Lucas act like a petulant 13 year old. Awesome

:drunk:
If there not going to have Lucas move on from Sami I would like to see Lucas in a buisness story or scheming with kate again thats always fun
A business story would be the only logical route. But I don't think we'll ever see Lucas setting out to destroy Sami or helping his mother do so. Only because that part of Lumi's history happened before Lucas fell in love with Sami. He has never set out to intentionally hurt her since 2003 so I don't see that changing. Whenever he and Kate have scenes and she mentions something about her plan to take Sami down, Lucas always looks less than thrilled and that's why Kate is always paranoid and takes it as a sign that he's not over Sami. Looks like she was right, lol.
I still thin it coudl happen for now...Maybe SlamPig's last go-round where she basically screwed up his life in HK this time around and his chance at moving on with someone else could have driven him to just give up. Sooner or later Lucas HAS to get sick of being her crutch!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Harmony233

Helpless Romantic
Oct 26 2012, 09:47 AM
lumifan4life
Helpless Romantic
Tibi
Oct 26 2012, 09:26 AM
:offs: Lucas standing in the background, secretly in love with Sami while she bounces from man to man. Um, are we sure Ali's not writing this shit? Yes, Sami has always been Lucas' great love, but Lucas was always Sami's one true love, that is until Rafe came along. :facepalm:
Rafe was never the problem After EJ came on Lucas was thrown under the bus and now Rafe is for EJ. At this point Sami's "great love" is herself. I don't think in her state that she truly loves any of them. Before the hate boink I would have said Sami would NEVER cheat on the man she loves but she is so far off from being the faithful loving girl, which is what I admired most her loyalty to one nan but pleasing everyone has ruined her, especially the affiliation with Elvis. Same has REALLY messed up her relationships with both Rafe and Lucas and say what you will about Rafe but until the hack writing he stayed true loved her and fought for her. The thing that really burns me is she forgave EJ for all his crap that he put her through without blinking but she can't Rafe for one lie, that she knew about and had he explained in detail would not have listened to. Then Lucas they constantly have her bring up their past but EJ's dispicable shit is swet under?!! GMAFB!
Actually until Rafe came along, Sami was shown to always love Lucas and he was written as her one true love. It wasn't that Rafe was the problem, it was just that Sami was genuinely written as loving only Lucas until 2008. Even though EJ came into the picture in 2006, Lucas was still the one Sami loved while EJ was obsessed (as always).

Since then yes, things have drastically changed and Sami's fickle heart is on a nonstop world tour between the 3 men.
I am aware of the details I loved LUMI and rooted for them but then I grew to really love SAFE . I still like Lucas and IMO I always thought that the SAFE / LUMI couplings were going to be the parallel for Jarlena and Rolena but then MarDar drew the Jarlena affair parallel with EJAMI :puke: I had always hoped that the triangle would be SAFE/ LUMI and there is no question that Tomlin didn't want to write for Lucas but what I am refering to is that it was Ed Scott's decision in 08 to "rest " Lucas and have EJAMI living together and "growing closer" enough for her to boink him the first time. IMO there relationship was never the same since. Four years later and we are STILL dealing with the same shit.
I always thought a safe/lumi triangle would have been more interesting too never did like EJami at all actually i only liked EJ with Nicole.I hated when they decided to give Lucas a rest in 2008 and that ridclous vendetta story was horrible
Offline Profile Goto Top

Helpless Romantic

Harmony233
Oct 26 2012, 09:53 AM
Helpless Romantic
lumifan4life
Helpless Romantic

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

I am aware of the details I loved LUMI and rooted for them but then I grew to really love SAFE . I still like Lucas and IMO I always thought that the SAFE / LUMI couplings were going to be the parallel for Jarlena and Rolena but then MarDar drew the Jarlena affair parallel with EJAMI :puke: I had always hoped that the triangle would be SAFE/ LUMI and there is no question that Tomlin didn't want to write for Lucas but what I am refering to is that it was Ed Scott's decision in 08 to "rest " Lucas and have EJAMI living together and "growing closer" enough for her to boink him the first time. IMO there relationship was never the same since. Four years later and we are STILL dealing with the same shit.
I always thought a safe/lumi triangle would have been more interesting too never did like EJami at all actually i only liked EJ with Nicole.I hated when they decided to give Lucas a rest in 2008 and that ridclous vendetta story was horrible
Yep that story was so cheesy. I absolutely HATED it. So glad it seems to have been forgotten.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lumifan4life

Lil
Oct 26 2012, 09:51 AM
lumifan4life
Harmony233
Lil
Oct 26 2012, 09:22 AM
*sigh* Can Lucas please be extricated from this suckfest. BD is one of the best snark-givers on this fucking show. WHY can't Lucas go back to scheming with Kate against Sami (since they recycle everything how about something that ain't been done in a while and that was actually entertaining?!) ans if he MUST forever be pining for the fucking cuntBeast then why not AFTER he and Kate have ruined her? Then maybe his conscience catches up to him or whatever?

No, instead he is going to intentionally barge in on his son and his son's man. Ok, it is sort of a Kate-like thing to do...Only Kate would have gone balls out crazy and poisoned Sonny or some shit...instead we get to see Lucas act like a petulant 13 year old. Awesome

:drunk:
If there not going to have Lucas move on from Sami I would like to see Lucas in a buisness story or scheming with kate again thats always fun
A business story would be the only logical route. But I don't think we'll ever see Lucas setting out to destroy Sami or helping his mother do so. Only because that part of Lumi's history happened before Lucas fell in love with Sami. He has never set out to intentionally hurt her since 2003 so I don't see that changing. Whenever he and Kate have scenes and she mentions something about her plan to take Sami down, Lucas always looks less than thrilled and that's why Kate is always paranoid and takes it as a sign that he's not over Sami. Looks like she was right, lol.
I still thin it coudl happen for now...Maybe SlamPig's last go-round where she basically screwed up his life in HK this time around and his chance at moving on with someone else could have driven him to just give up. Sooner or later Lucas HAS to get sick of being her crutch!
Well based on this interview with BD, Lucas is still in love with Sami even after the Daysaster this summer, so I don't think he's too concerned about her "messing up his life in HK", lol. What life? Actually Lucas messed up his own life in HK with his fiancee all by himself because he wanted to. He's the one who ran to Sami in a heartbeat the minute she called him, leaving his fiancee without a moment's thought to her feelings. Lucas has been all about Sami for decades, all he ever needs is her reaching out to him and he's by her side in an instant. I know many want Lucas to get over Sami but it hasn't happened so far and I don't see it happening unless they write it. It's been years and nothing has really changed on Lucas's end. His heart still belongs to Sami all these years later and I don't see that ever changing.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Helpless Romantic

lumifan4life
Oct 26 2012, 10:05 AM
Lil
lumifan4life
Harmony233

Well based on this interview with BD, Lucas is still in love with Sami even after the Daysaster this summer, so I don't think he's too concerned about her "messing up his life in HK", lol. What life? Actually Lucas messed up his own life in HK with his fiancee all by himself because he wanted to. He's the one who ran to Sami in a heartbeat the minute she called him, leaving his fiancee without a moment's thought to her feelings. Lucas has been all about Sami for decades, all he ever needs is her reaching out to him and he's by her side in an instant. I know many want Lucas to get over Sami but it hasn't happened so far and I don't see it happening unless they write it. It's been years and nothing has really changed on Lucas's end. His heart still belongs to Sami all these years later and I don't see that ever changing.
Yep. I mean he could have left even after she cancelled his flight and she did tell him that being with her wasn't a good idea for him. Lol. I mean she flat out told him to stay away from her but he was listening to his heart and not his head. Whatever happens with Sami I hope Lucas and Rafe can be friends at some point.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Oct 26 2012, 10:10 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

Helpless Romantic
Oct 26 2012, 09:58 AM
Harmony233
Helpless Romantic
lumifan4life

Yep that story was so cheesy. I absolutely HATED it. So glad it seems to have been forgotten.
The vendetta story was around the time when I was in and out of DAYS...Sweeney's horrible Lucky Charms accent sealed the deal and made me tune out completely. This is also why I never got invested in EJ as a character. I hated Sami anyway, always have...and then when Rafe was introduced and they tried to make her a new heroine I knew the show was in the crapper. God only knows why I EVER tuned back in lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

lumifan4life
Lil
lumifan4life
Harmony233

Well, I hate Sami no matter what but as far as all of her men go, Lucas is the only one I find believable because I watched them grow up together and eventually love each other. But for the time being? Why not have him get pissesd at her and seek a little revenge? It's not completely out of character for him. *shrug*
Offline Profile Goto Top

Helpless Romantic

Lil
Oct 26 2012, 10:13 AM
Helpless Romantic
Oct 26 2012, 09:58 AM
Harmony233
Helpless Romantic

The vendetta story was around the time when I was in and out of DAYS...Sweeney's horrible Lucky Charms accent sealed the deal and made me tune out completely. This is also why I never got invested in EJ as a character. I hated Sami anyway, always have...and then when Rafe was introduced and they tried to make her a new heroine I knew the show was in the crapper. God only knows why I EVER tuned back in lol
Lol, So true and for me it didn't help that they were using Mrs. Partridge AKA Colleen to show that EJAMI were some star crossed lovers through Santo and Colleen with the stupid letters. For me the story needs to be good for me to get behind a couple and IMO it just has not for EJ and Sami no matter how hard they try. I will say though that had they always written EJAMI like the beginning of 2006 they would have had me as a fan as I am a Sami fan first.But that has just not been the case as Sami has ALWAYS chosen others over him and the fact that he always lies and manipulates to get her is why I can't get behind them. Sami wasn't forced by Lucas and Rafe to love them she just does and they love her enough to let her go if it makes her happy. EJ has NEVER done that because he hjas always wanted to posses her.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Oct 26 2012, 10:25 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lumifan4life

Lil
Oct 26 2012, 10:15 AM
lumifan4life
Lil
lumifan4life

Well, I hate Sami no matter what but as far as all of her men go, Lucas is the only one I find believable because I watched them grow up together and eventually love each other. But for the time being? Why not have him get pissesd at her and seek a little revenge? It's not completely out of character for him. *shrug*
The only thing that Lucas in the past has done "revenge wise" whenever he breaks up with Sami is hook up with some bimbo for some wild sex romp, lol. He did it with Chloe last time and the times before he always had some chick he was boinking to try to get his mind off of Sami. But I guess he's outgrown that stage of his life and just wants to be a full time dad. Since they haven't even given him the usual fling already, it doesn't look like they have any other plans other than him meddling in Will's love life, lol.
Edited by lumifan4life, Oct 26 2012, 10:24 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

CodeBlazeNuke
Member Avatar

there the forcable sex with EJ and Sami that just hurt them as a couple (Aka the rape/nonrape s/l). I think i would love the triangle if it was not for that. even with the Vetteda s/l couldn't help them, even though i saw the chemistry that one story line just ruin their chemistry....

I don't care or like Rafe he put me to sleep.. so I'm on teem Lumi all the way.
Edited by CodeBlazeNuke, Oct 26 2012, 10:30 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

Helpless Romantic
Oct 26 2012, 10:08 AM
lumifan4life
Lil
lumifan4life

Yep. I mean he could have left even after she cancelled his flight and she did tell him that being with her wasn't a good idea for him. Lol. I mean she flat out told him to stay away from her but he was listening to his heart and not his head. Whatever happens with Sami I hope Lucas and Rafe can be friends at some point.
She gave as many mixed messages to Lucas, as she gave to Ej this last go around and as she will be giving to Rafe this fall. Lucas gave her an out, specifically spoke to her about 'sleeping with your best friend' and how that can be complicated. She sort of looked scared or something that he might be breaking up with her, then she went onto say how they had already spoken about this a few times and they agreed that she wanted to be with him. It was the perfect out for her, on that day but she kept telling him she wanted to be in a relationship with him. Sami is not the same character anymore.....she is ruined.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Helpless Romantic

LuvingLumi
Oct 26 2012, 10:27 AM
Helpless Romantic
lumifan4life
Lil

She gave as many mixed messages to Lucas, as she gave to Ej this last go around and as she will be giving to Rafe this fall. Lucas gave her an out, specifically spoke to her about 'sleeping with your best friend' and how that can be complicated. She sort of looked scared or something that he might be breaking up with her, then she went onto say how they had already spoken about this a few times and they agreed that she wanted to be with him. It was the perfect out for her, on that day but she kept telling him she wanted to be in a relationship with him. Sami is not the same character anymore.....she is ruined.
I agree and I think this "lie" that they had Rafe tell Sami was to make "THE "TRIANGLE" from ** more balanced but the problem is that it still fails because even though the show may not care about history I do. Rafe wouldn't have lied to her and she has already been sending Rafe mixed signals calling him EJ a "psycho" on their date but also calling him "a great dad" later on and still being friendly with him. etc. This is why I didn't want SAFE together this way. She is totally ruined and undeserving of either of them.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Oct 26 2012, 10:44 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

lumifan4life
Oct 26 2012, 10:23 AM
Lil
lumifan4life
Lil

The only thing that Lucas in the past has done "revenge wise" whenever he breaks up with Sami is hook up with some bimbo for some wild sex romp, lol. He did it with Chloe last time and the times before he always had some chick he was boinking to try to get his mind off of Sami. But I guess he's outgrown that stage of his life and just wants to be a full time dad. Since they haven't even given him the usual fling already, it doesn't look like they have any other plans other than him meddling in Will's love life, lol.
I suppose most of Lucas's "revenge" was masterminded by Kate. I dunno...the Lucas I love is Kate's lapdog lol But nonwadays I enjoy him giving Sami shit. Miore people need to do that if I am forced to watcher her 4-5 days a week lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

lumifan4life

LuvingLumi
Helpless Romantic
lumifan4life
Lil

All true, but as BD said in this interview, "Lucas put himself in that position." when it came to how he felt like a victim when Sami ran off with EJ. He also says he was both mad at himself and at Sami. I think Lucas blames himself as well for falling for Sami's crap. He knows her better than anyone and no matter what she said to him when he gave her the bracelet that day, if Lucas wanted to he could have seen past her bullshit. He knew she was helping EJ and it bothered him to no end. Lucas knew the relationship between him and Sami was pretty much one sided. He was the one doing nice things for her while she gave him absolutely nothing in return. He confessed his love while she just basically said things like "I don't deserve you." This last reunion with Lumi was so unlike their previous reunions because Sami's heart wasn't in it and I think Lucas probably knows he could have seen the signs if he wanted to but was too blinded by his own love to really open his eyes. Ultimately Lucas's feelings for Sami cloud his judgment and I think that is what happened this time.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lumifan4life

Lil
Oct 26 2012, 10:39 AM
lumifan4life
Oct 26 2012, 10:23 AM
Lil
lumifan4life

I suppose most of Lucas's "revenge" was masterminded by Kate. I dunno...the Lucas I love is Kate's lapdog lol But nonwadays I enjoy him giving Sami shit. Miore people need to do that if I am forced to watcher her 4-5 days a week lol
lol exactly. Kate was always the mastermind back in the day when she and Lucas would exact their revenge on Sami. I think Kate is just as frustrated as you are that Lucas won't join her in her "master plan" to bring down Sami this time but what can you do, lol. Hey maybe Lucas will surprise you who knows. :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Helpless Romantic

lumifan4life
Oct 26 2012, 10:42 AM
LuvingLumi
Helpless Romantic
lumifan4life

All true, but as BD said in this interview, "Lucas put himself in that position." when it came to how he felt like a victim when Sami ran off with EJ. He also says he was both mad at himself and at Sami. I think Lucas blames himself as well for falling for Sami's crap. He knows her better than anyone and no matter what she said to him when he gave her the bracelet that day, if Lucas wanted to he could have seen past her bullshit. He knew she was helping EJ and it bothered him to no end. Lucas knew the relationship between him and Sami was pretty much one sided. He was the one doing nice things for her while she gave him absolutely nothing in return. He confessed his love while she just basically said things like "I don't deserve you." This last reunion with Lumi was so unlike their previous reunions because Sami's heart wasn't in it and I think Lucas probably knows he could have seen the signs if he wanted to but was too blinded by his own love to really open his eyes. Ultimately Lucas's feelings for Sami cloud his judgment and I think that is what happened this time.
yeah IMO the scene with Kate right before the DAYSAster in more ways then one happened , Kate said something like "why are you trying to desperately hold onto Sami" and when he said"because I love her mom and hope she loves me enough too" It was really sad I felt so bad for Lucas. In the breakup scene I cheered when he called her a jackass because thats exactly what she is. Thats the beauty of only watching certain scenes online.I can skip over the non sensical crap.
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Oct 26 2012, 10:52 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Harmony233

Helpless Romantic
Oct 26 2012, 10:48 AM
lumifan4life
LuvingLumi
Helpless Romantic

yeah IMO the scene with Kate right before the DAYSAster in more ways then one happened , Kate said something like "why are you trying to desperately hold onto Sami" and when he said"because I love her mom and hope she loves me enough too" It was really sad I felt so bad for Lucas. In the breakup scene I cheered when he called her a jackass because thats exactly what she is. Thats the beauty of only watching certain scenes online.I can skip over the non sensical crap.
IA I don't think Sami realizes how much she hurt lucas not that she would care these days
Offline Profile Goto Top

Helpless Romantic

Harmony233
Oct 26 2012, 10:54 AM
Helpless Romantic
lumifan4life
LuvingLumi

IA I don't think Sami realizes how much she hurt lucas not that she would care these days
No she wouldn't not when she has her head so far up EJ's ass. I mean I don't know how Lucas can even remain friends with her if they actually have her be in a relationship with EJ? I mean that would just be too much to expect Lucas to swallow. She has stomped on both Lucas and Rafe in favor of EJ and that's disgusting after the heinous way he has treated them and been a factor in their destruction. This is why I wanted a therapy sl for her its the only way to explain this irrational insanity of treating the two men that love her truly like dirt and excusing everything the obssesed one does. :shrug:
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Oct 26 2012, 11:03 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lumifan4life

Helpless Romantic
lumifan4life
LuvingLumi
Helpless Romantic

lol actually he said "I guess time flies when you're being played like a total jackass". So essentially he was calling himself a jackass but he did make his point. It is sad what Lucas says during that break up scene because he also ends by asking Sami if she really expects every man who has ever loved her to be in love with her for the rest of their lives while she moves on. But here BD is saying that is exactly how Lucas feels now because he still loves Sami while she could care less and is moving on.

And yes, he did tell Kate that he "hopes Sami loves him too". And that was after the bracelet scene where he asked Sami if they were more than just friends with benefits. So that itself proves that Lucas wasn't sure that Sami loved him because of her actions. But he was holding on till the bitter end anyway.

Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic