Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Bryan Dattillo on Days 'Gay' Story
Topic Started: Oct 25 2012, 02:08 PM (6,067 Views)
King
Member Avatar

I think Adrienne and Sami should get a little feisty with each other too.

Victor hated Sami at one point.

Bring that back! I want drama. I do not want to see Wilson so happy. It's so boring.
Edited by King, Oct 30 2012, 10:50 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

King
Oct 30 2012, 10:49 PM

Bring that back! I want drama. I do not want to see Wilson so happy. It's so boring.
This is why I'm a bit upset at the reset of Will's character by TomSell, back to the fall of 2011. Chandler didn't win his Emmy for nice guy Will. He won it for the tormented, closeted weasel that happily worked for EJ (at times seemingly just to stir shit) and was always in his mother's face. Will still loved his siblings and Grandma and wasn't totally bad, but he was acting like Sami's son for the first time. If Will still had some moral ambiguity to him, there would be natural tension between Wilson. The baby storyline might work, but it's outside tension, not from within.
Online Profile Goto Top

Harmony233

Honeybees
Oct 31 2012, 07:41 AM
King
Oct 30 2012, 10:49 PM

This is why I'm a bit upset at the reset of Will's character by TomSell, back to the fall of 2011. Chandler didn't win his Emmy for nice guy Will. He won it for the tormented, closeted weasel that happily worked for EJ (at times seemingly just to stir shit) and was always in his mother's face. Will still loved his siblings and Grandma and wasn't totally bad, but he was acting like Sami's son for the first time. If Will still had some moral ambiguity to him, there would be natural tension between Wilson. The baby storyline might work, but it's outside tension, not from within.
WEll considering that they think sami is pure and everyone should love her not that suprising they did that to will.But I enjoyed the conflict between Will/Sami but now there getting along and thats boring to me
Offline Profile Goto Top

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Harmony233
Oct 31 2012, 07:49 AM
I enjoyed the conflict between Will/Sami but now there getting along and thats boring to me
Thankfully we will soon be receiving some tension between Will and Lucas to compensate for the lack it between Will and Sami.
Offline Profile Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

But there is always tension between Lucas and Will - that is nothing new. I haven't seen a kind exchange between the two since Lucas first came back, excluding the half second where Lucas lent his support to Sonny and Will two weeks ago, which has now been undone. Oh, and when Will first came out of course. But now not only has that been relatively forgotten, but even at the time Will seems to want to sing EJ's praises over his own father's. Which characterizes all of May, June and July for me. When hasn't there been tension between Lucas and Will for any real period of time in the last few months? It aggravates me, and I personally do not want to see a Sami/Kate rehash between Lucas and Sonny. Oh God that is the LAST thing I want to see!!! Lucas act like KATE?!? Yeah, sign me right up for that. It doesn't make sense in my mind for Lucas's characters to repeat the mistakes of his mother knowing full well what sunshine and happiness Kate's meddling brought to his life.

People objecting or having some discomfort to Will's being gay is one thing - that is fine. But when it is ONLY Lucas, and even cartoonish homophobe T is now reformed or whatever, sigh, that is just disappointing. I don't need long-standing feuds which make little to no sense to me to spice up my Days viewing.
Edited by elci525, Nov 1 2012, 08:00 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Harmony233

elci525
Nov 1 2012, 07:47 AM
But there is always tension between Lucas and Will - that is nothing new. I haven't seen a kind exchange between the two since Lucas first came back, excluding the half second where Lucas lent his support to Sonny and Will two weeks ago, which has now been undone. Oh, and when Will first came out of course. But now not only has that been relatively forgotten, but even at the time Will seems to want to sing EJ's praises over his own father's. Which characterizes all of May, June and July for me. When hasn't there been tension between Lucas and Will for any real period of time in the last few months? It aggravates me, and I personally do not want to see a Sami/Kate rehash between Lucas and Sonny. Oh God that is the LAST thing I want to see!!! Lucas act like KATE?!? Yeah, sign me right up for that. It doesn't make sense in my mind for Lucas's characters to repeat the mistakes of his mother knowing full well what sunshine and happiness Kate's meddling brought to his life.

People objecting or having some discomfort to Will's being gay is one thing - that is fine. But when it is ONLY Lucas, and even cartoonish homophone T is now reformed or whatever, sigh, that is just disappointing. I don't need long-standing feuds which make little to no sense to me to spice up my Days viewing.
I at least understood why that kate didn't want lucas with sami with all the stuff she had done to austin and lucas.Sonnys a good kid now if it was someone not wanting will with there son I could understand that.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Harmony233
Nov 1 2012, 07:56 AM
elci525

People objecting or having some discomfort to Will's being gay is one thing - that is fine. But when it is ONLY Lucas, and even cartoonish homophone T is now reformed or whatever, sigh, that is just disappointing. I don't need long-standing feuds which make little to no sense to me to spice up my Days viewing.
I at least understood why that kate didn't want lucas with sami with all the stuff she had done to austin and lucas.Sonnys a good kid now if it was someone not wanting will with there son I could understand that.
Remember when Will was pretending to be with Sonny, just to mess with Sami - and it backfired because she was utterly charmed by Sonny and supportive? She even asked "Why aren't you dating him?" when Sonny refused to play along and told her the truth.

I do hope Sami is happy for them. It would be refreshing if Sami, instead of acting like Kate, was actually supportive of her son's romantic choices.
Online Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

elci525

People objecting or having some discomfort to Will's being gay is one thing - that is fine. But when it is ONLY Lucas, and even cartoonish homophobe T is now reformed or whatever, sigh, that is just disappointing. I don't need long-standing feuds which make little to no sense to me to spice up my Days viewing.
yep
i happy will finally came out when i thought the tension will stop even for few weeks

instead i saw will lying to lucas about the gun and than steal it behind is back
some group scences
and than will and lucas argue that ej will drag will with him and will defend ej and later
they argue about ej and again and lucas steal the letter and later will find and tell him he should have stay in HK and off course still defend ej and run to save ej
and later will lie to lucas about where is sami and let him look for sami instead to tell to truth and take to doctor and of course he still defend ej
lucas tell will to manup to go jack Memorial will snap on lucas and accuse lucas having problem being gay lucas get piss and snap on will also of helping ej
will later snap on lucas when he try to apologize that he can not count on him and so on

lucas is offscreen and yet will complain about him to sami and happy to see sami with other men

and later lucas see sonny and will kissing will later heat lucas talk with addiranne and will tell lucastell if lucas does not chance he is about this than they nothing to say to each other

lucas apologize to will they hug and later lucas offscreen will talk about and comapre T to lucas and later talk about costume that if his gradma would have let him wear it is father would freak out
and of course monday show and today show when will ask sonny what my father do to you and later tell lucas i not go to let you ruin my happniess

not only the tension not really stop it seem will view of lucas as someone who want to see him unhappy and tries to ruin him

Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Nov 1 2012, 08:54 AM
Harmony233
Nov 1 2012, 07:56 AM
elci525

Remember when Will was pretending to be with Sonny, just to mess with Sami - and it backfired because she was utterly charmed by Sonny and supportive? She even asked "Why aren't you dating him?" when Sonny refused to play along and told her the truth.

I do hope Sami is happy for them. It would be refreshing if Sami, instead of acting like Kate, was actually supportive of her son's romantic choices.
but it will be amusing from some reason to see lucas not supportive of his son's romantic choices.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Harmony233

I don't mind conflict between will/Lucas but at least let it make sense one day lucas is okay with it the next hes not the next day he is and so forth ect
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Harmony233
Nov 1 2012, 09:13 AM
I don't mind conflict between will/Lucas but at least let it make sense one day lucas is okay with it the next hes not the next day he is and so forth ect
exactly this my problem with the writing it does not make sense
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Harmony233
Nov 1 2012, 09:13 AM
I think it's been pretty consistent. He was fine with it in abstract, but every step forward that Wilson takes is another hurdle for him to cross and he has setbacks.
Offline Profile Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

That is fine, as it is human and honest (many of the qualities I like about Lucas). But if this continues for very long, and Lucas is painted as the only unenlightened one amongst a sea of open-minded modernists, or if he continues to be the object of derision from his son and any other number of people, well, I am not having that. And if this is the beginnings of a Lucas-as-Kate meddling "I do this because I love you" arc, then i am definitely done. It doesn't make sense for Lucas to go down that road. To have an inclination to do so - maybe; the impulse to do so - maybe; to begin to do that - maybe. But if this continues, while it does give BD a storyline, it ignores a lot of history and common sense too. And, omg, if I have to see any more of a denigration of the Lumi family unit, it would just make me too sad. It's one of the only things I hold dear about the show. To see it tested, challenged, see it grow and take on profound depths or new complexions - yes, that I can be ok with. To be completely eviscerated? No thanks. That doesn't equal compelling or sensical drama in my book.

I am also a mega-fun of course, so to see Will majorly resent Lucas and there be some odd feud between Sonny and Lucas - it would break my heart I guess. What's left of it.
Edited by elci525, Nov 1 2012, 12:00 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aliaron
Member Avatar

This storyline simply doesn't fit Lucas' character. Sami has always been more Kate-like than Lucas. Lucas has always been the understanding friend to Will, thoughout their relationship. This Will/Lucas relationship that exist now if full on bullshit. And for what reason did they destory this close family unit? Because they could.

This may make sense in the abstract, but it does not fit the character. Lucas as Kate doesn't work. Its just a total switch to who the character is. I think they just want to give Will a reason to be a shithead to his father. Its stupid and a destruction of character. And this veteran character deserves better than that.

This is why I hate teen coming out stories. It always feel like the writer has some daddy issues and want to put the father in the worse light possible. These stories are always unfair to the parents, painting one or the other as cartoon, one layer villains. And that wouldn't be so bad of a problem if it didn't happen every teen coming out story and if it didn't always involve ruining a well-established character.
Edited by Aliaron, Nov 1 2012, 01:26 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Nov 1 2012, 01:24 PM
I think they just want to give Will a reason to be a shithead to his father. Its stupid and a destruction of character.
Judging from this week's scenes, it seems that Lucas is the one being a shithead to his adult son. Lucas deserves anything Will brings down on him given Lucas' actions and words in his three appearances this week.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aliaron
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Nov 1 2012, 01:30 PM
Aliaron
I think they just want to give Will a reason to be a shithead to his father. Its stupid and a destruction of character.
Judging from this week's scenes, it seems that Lucas is the one being a shithead to his adult son. Lucas deserves anything Will brings down on him given Lucas' actions and words in his three appearances this week.
Yes, they are trying to give Will a reason for being a shithead. But once again, as someone who has been a fan of this character for almost two decades I can say this is totally out of character for this character and his relationship with his son. Even if I wasn't a fan of the character, I can tell this just doesn't fit his character. They have Lucas acting like he has some kind of brain cancer.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Harmony233

Aliaron
Nov 1 2012, 01:32 PM
LonePirate
Aliaron
Yes, they are trying to give Will a reason for being a shithead. But once again, as someone who has been a fan of this character for almost two decades I can say this is totally out of character for this character and his relationship with his son. Even if I wasn't a fan of the character, I can tell this just doesn't fit his character. They have Lucas acting like he has some kind of brain cancer.
well tomplin hates lucas is the only reason i can come up with
Offline Profile Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Aliaron
Right, so that Will can in turn be a shithead or in some way resent his father, so that Lucas can be the troglodyte. When the two have been historically close. It's disappointing. Lucas would do anything for his son. And I feel like that bond, while it needs to be tested in order to grow and develop, since Will is a man now, and Lucas is no longer father to a five-year old, it doesn't deserve evisceration.

Lucas being uncomfortable by seeing Will's homosexuality "in practice" doesn't totally surprise or bother me. It kinda gels with me - I can see him being ok with Will as gay in the abstract, but not entirely when concretized. And that is fine - he is allowed a fair share of adjustment. But to go down the road it seems the writers want to take Lucas down, it's just not right. And I really believe that Lucas, seeing how his mother has "lost" all or most of her kids at some point b/c of her attitude towards their love lives, just wouldn't go down the over-opinionated, get-in-the-way route. Or not very far down it. He would stop himself, in other words. This would ring SO MUCH truer to character imo.

I will pretty much always side with Lucas over Will. I just really want this story to take some other turn fairly quickly.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

elci525
Nov 1 2012, 11:24 AM
That is fine, as it is human and honest (many of the qualities I like about Lucas). But if this continues for very long, and Lucas is painted as the only unenlightened one amongst a sea of open-minded modernists, <snip>
I can see your concerns, but at least so far, Lucas is really the most 'reasonable" objector of the bunch. His reactions make a lot more sense than Nick's or Tad's.
Offline Profile Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

six
Nov 1 2012, 01:58 PM
elci525
Nov 1 2012, 11:24 AM
That is fine, as it is human and honest (many of the qualities I like about Lucas). But if this continues for very long, and Lucas is painted as the only unenlightened one amongst a sea of open-minded modernists, <snip>
I can see your concerns, but at least so far, Lucas is really the most 'reasonable" objector of the bunch. His reactions make a lot more sense than Nick's or Tad's.
I agree. In fact, when I was reading his dialogue for tomorrow's show, I had flashbacks to Roman and Bo lecturing Kayla about Steve and his past. Or Steve lecturing Adrienne about Justin. Sure, Lucas's issues probably do have something to do with his coming to terms with Will's homesexuality. But, by the same token, the concerns he expresses are pretty universal when it comes to parents and their children's relationships. I seem to recall Caroline chewing Kayla out for spending the night with Steve (albeit a mostly platonic night) and Kayla reacting much the same way Will just did.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic