Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of November 12th; *updated 11/6*
Topic Started: Oct 26 2012, 01:09 PM (36,356 Views)
The Room Stops
Member Avatar

GatesRhiannon
Nov 8 2012, 08:26 PM
The Room Stops
Nov 8 2012, 12:54 PM
John has a need to believe people can change, because how else can he believe he truly did? He did awful things as Stefano's pawn... if he doesn't believe it in others, he can't believe it for himself.

He's naive, and it might, again, almost cost him his soulmate. And if John forgives Kristen, I actually kind of want Marlena to leave him for a while. Let him romance her back. After she tells him every single thing Kritter did to her, because it doesn't seem like he's heard it before.
Thank you for reminding us of the obvious. I sometimes forget John is not your garden variety idiot. There are real psychological motivations for his stupidity. Once upon his psychiatrist wife would recognize and verbalize these motivations. And therein would be the natural conflict between John & Marlena. No need for triangles or threats of infidelity. Gosh, what a competent writer who actually cares couldn't do with the same basic ideas we're seeing on TV. Rich with history and all the built in complexity.

Gee, I was just annoyed with Days,...now I'm kind of depressed by all the possibilities not just going unrealized but actually perverted.
There, there... We'll get used to it again, and become numb to it all. He is not, but boy is he seriously, seriously as dumb as they come at times. But as for his naivete, that does have some underlying reasons.

But, you are absolutely correct. Not only are John & Marlena so far past triangles and contrived conflicts that it is ridiculous at this point, but they have serious history-related stuff that could pave for storyline after storyline. I would kill for (this is if they have good writers, of course) a depression storyline. Hell, have John kill Stefano with his bare hands and John slowly descends into depression. A real one, not a "Oh, I'm feeling blue". I'll freaking consult for them if they need a personal account. There is so much that happens around someone suffering from depression, the problem is that they're numb to it. They don't see it, they don't care and they stop caring about anything. John killing this man at last (and at this point, it does need to be an actual killing) is a nice little trigger for a depression. And the material for J&M as Marlena has to stand by and watch as the man she loves sinks deeper and deeper, as a shrink and as a wife - that's actual drama. I've been dying for a Marlena meltdown story for years, but I want it to be done by writers who won't let it be a microchip or a joke. And it seems like that doesn't exist in this medium anymore.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

GatesRhiannon
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Nov 8 2012, 08:46 PM
There, there... We'll get used to it again, and become numb to it all. He is not, but boy is he seriously, seriously as dumb as they come at times. But as for his naivete, that does have some underlying reasons.

But, you are absolutely correct. Not only are John & Marlena so far past triangles and contrived conflicts that it is ridiculous at this point, but they have serious history-related stuff that could pave for storyline after storyline. I would kill for (this is if they have good writers, of course) a depression storyline. Hell, have John kill Stefano with his bare hands and John slowly descends into depression. A real one, not a "Oh, I'm feeling blue". I'll freaking consult for them if they need a personal account. There is so much that happens around someone suffering from depression, the problem is that they're numb to it. They don't see it, they don't care and they stop caring about anything. John killing this man at last (and at this point, it does need to be an actual killing) is a nice little trigger for a depression. And the material for J&M as Marlena has to stand by and watch as the man she loves sinks deeper and deeper, as a shrink and as a wife - that's actual drama. I've been dying for a Marlena meltdown story for years, but I want it to be done by writers who won't let it be a microchip or a joke. And it seems like that doesn't exist in this medium anymore.
Somehow I doubt I will. I'm not a person to suffer fools gladly (and John is about as big a fool as they come right now). It's just not in my genetic make-up.

You know I think I was happier with J&M living in my imagination than on screen and having the writers rape them of their intellect and composure. Oh well, it is what it is what it is.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

oryfan
Member Avatar

So, who's Abby gonna lose her virginity to? Chad or EJ? I'm callign it. It's coming because they keep bringing this up.

WillFan
Member Avatar

oryfan
Nov 9 2012, 03:24 PM
So, who's Abby gonna lose her virginity to? Chad or EJ? I'm callign it. It's coming because they keep bringing this up.
Both! Double :censored: ! I know my dirty mind. I can't believe I went there. :lol: :sex: :sex4:

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

oryfan
Abby rehooking up with Chad.... no don't like it. Chad's character is too shallow. Clearly ABBy is attracted to an older, well-educated man.......I would love for it to be EJ.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

delete double post
Edited by Dreamer, Nov 9 2012, 09:39 PM.

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

Dreamer
Nov 9 2012, 05:14 PM
oryfan
Abby rehooking up with Chad.... no don't like it. Chad's character is too shallow. Clearly ABBy is attracted to an older, well-educated man.......I would love for it to be EJ.
I attend to agree,.. I would prefer it this way to be honest.

However at the moment I do not see it happening. What would it take (in SL) to make this happen, what you think?

What does it take for EJ to move on from Sami?

camera shy

Hologram
Nov 9 2012, 06:27 PM
Dreamer
oryfan

However at the moment I do not see it happening. What would it take (in SL) to make this happen, what you think?

The stroke of a pen.

Vicky4Mimi
Member Avatar

camera shy
Nov 9 2012, 08:31 PM
Hologram
Nov 9 2012, 06:27 PM
Dreamer
oryfan

The stroke of a pen.
That AND a young blonde girl who is easy to impress and is anxious for love. When she finds out that Gabi is pregnant, Abigail is going to think she has some catching up to do.....This going to be good!

oryfan
Member Avatar

Dreamer
oryfan
I would love that too and I actually think it might happen.

bomber
Member Avatar

I still don't understand how Nicole could face charges when she signed an official statement with Roman stating that Jennifer did not push her. anything she said before that was not part of the official record. Sorry if this has already been answered but I'm confused.

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

I agree nicole accusing jen was one thing but she never signed a statement saying it was if any thing it would fall on the police for not having enough evidence and falsely arresting her. At the time of jens arrest she also said she didnt know if she had pushed nicole or not. I just think its a stupid plot point to make jennifer look like a saint and not have nicole arrested

ruckuslover
Member Avatar

nicole has been going crazy this week :stars: :P

lysie
Member Avatar

You know...it's getting harder and harder for me to post on this board. A lot of the fighting has died down, but the last several weeks of posting have mostly been about things that some people only want to see happen and not what actually happens. We try to let discussion here be as free as possible, but this is neither a fanbase board nor a fanfiction board. Everyone here does not like the same characters and couples. If you can't post a general board about the actual topics we have here and with fans who have differing opinions, then please find somewhere else to post. It's fun to speculate, but it's past being ridiculous at this point.

rfsexton
Member Avatar
Queen of Texas

With ej becoming Sami's boss I see more reasons for conflict between the 2 of them. All of this week's spoilers seem rather blah. Is Eric back for good or is he a temp

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

I guess I won't be watching this week either. Except for the WilSon and Eric stuff, everything else is a bore.
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Nov 13 2012, 10:48 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply