Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, October 29th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 26 2012, 01:26 PM (4,356 Views)
supercool74
Member Avatar

Not that I'm a big John fan or anything, but I was kind of disappointed that he apparently had his goodbyes with Caroline off-screen. I mean, she is pretty much the only mother he's ever known. That is kind of something I would have liked to see.

And wow...the WilSon scenes were even hotter on my big HD screen. I'm really kind of surprised that they are giving them such equal treatment. I like it. I know Lucas is just trying to be protective and all, but Will is of age and can pretty much do whatever (and whoever) he wants. It's not like he's even a virgin anymore, although I'm not sure Lucas knows that...but I'm pretty sure he would not have this reaction if it were Will and Gaby doing the deed. Poor Will, he really did treat him like a 2 year old. I know he's still young, but he is of age and was even living on his own for a while (not sure where he lives now). Lucas needs to lay off. It's annoying.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I think Lucas's reaction is highly realistic and believeable. Of course, it isn't everyone's reaction, but I think it's a bold character choice. And it's not like anyone on the show is saying he's correct. I hate it that some people want to get their bloomers in a bunch because they don't have the whole town gathering together to hang rainbow flags, march in a parade, and blow smoke up the homos' asses. IMO, the biggest strength of the soap opera genre is to take a storyline and examine in-depth from multiple points of view. I think the show is actually trying to do that and I applaud them for it.

lysie
Member Avatar

Matt
Oct 29 2012, 10:57 PM
I think Lucas's reaction is highly realistic and believeable. Of course, it isn't everyone's reaction, but I think it's a bold character choice. And it's not like anyone on the show is saying he's correct. I hate it that some people want to get their bloomers in a bunch because they don't have the whole town gathering together to hang rainbow flags, march in a parade, and blow smoke up the homos' asses. IMO, the biggest strength of the soap opera genre is to take a storyline and examine in-depth from multiple points of view. I think the show is actually trying to do that and I applaud them for it.
I actually think that's how it is for every story. If a character gets mad at another character, they're automatically landblasted for being judgmental and hypocritical. Characters are supposed to have differing opinions, and they're not all supposed to get along. I'm not enjoying the show right now, but I do like that they seem to be paying more attention to both sides of arguments. Things aren't so black and white.

james0479
Member Avatar

Love when Gabi heard about Caroline, her reaction was "OMG...I wonder if Rafe knows!". That's always my first reaction when something happens to Caroline Brady.... Does Rafe know? Gag.

I did love the Lucas/Sonny scenes....very realistic, well written and well acted!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lanemack
Member Avatar

Matt
Oct 29 2012, 10:57 PM
Funny. I thought the same thing. To me, Sonny seemed the one out of line for talking to Lucas like he did. The problem with Lucas is that he doesn't seem old enough to be Will's father - he's not their friend or a contemporary. He's first and foremost Will's father and someone who grew up in an entirely different generation. I think it's understandable that Lucas could have issues with watching his son in a relationship with Sonny.

Of course, I'm expecting Rafe and Sami to have no issues with Will's relationship - and hence the continuation of them as the "good guys".

Lanemack
Member Avatar

james0479
Oct 30 2012, 12:09 AM
Love when Gabi heard about Caroline, her reaction was "OMG...I wonder if Rafe knows!". That's always my first reaction when something happens to Caroline Brady.... Does Rafe know? Gag.
Too much Rafe/Caroline for my liking. Caroline was getting things all mixed up last week - including the names of her SONS - but she can't forget about her beloved Rafe and Sami's relationship issues.

six
Member Avatar

Sonny handled himself very well. He was quite a bit politer than Lucas deserved. I think Lucas's behavior is in character. He bonded with Will over girls pretty often, so it makes sense to me that he's still not ready to let go of his vision for Will's life. And it's no wonder that he has no grasp of what an appropriate parent/adult child relationship is like.

I liked the Bo/Victor/Maggie scene, but if Caroline needed to have a goodbye scene with someone robotic, why'd they choose Rafe instead of John?

Honeybees
Member Avatar

When Gabi said, "I wonder if ___ knows," I totally thought she was going to say Will, since Will is Caroline's great grandson and him not knowing was a big plot point. Rafe just felt artificially inserted.

I wanted Wilson's first attempt at sex to be interrupted because that's classic soap, but I didn't expect Lucas as the c-block. It worked. Also, the Wilson makeout on the bed was very sexy, and it looks like Will might be the top in this situation. Who would have thunk it?

Meanwhile, when Victor told Bo he was the best man he knew, it had the weight of long history and a complex relationship behind it, and it felt right and true. It wasn't propping.
Edited by Honeybees, Oct 30 2012, 01:01 PM.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

The Bo and Caroline stuff was killing me.

I'm probably the only who noticed this, but the nick/Billie stuff, is it weird to me that Gabi immediately suspected they had a fling? It's true but I really expected what Nick and Billie would have said to each other is have you heard from Chelsea lately? Especially since Billie mentioned her to Bo earlier.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply