Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
NBC & Soapnet Promo for the week of October 29th; "Daniel would do anything for his true love, Jennifer..."
Topic Started: Oct 26 2012, 05:50 PM (5,033 Views)
DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

JamaicanBeauty7
Oct 26 2012, 06:08 PM
This!! :shrug:

I dislike Daniel and Jennifer as much as I dislike Sami and Rafe.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

The promo is so revolting I laughed at the absurdity of the gross factor of this whole promo. Thank GOD that Nicole will be free of these tacky people soon!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kyan

I miss Alice, but thankfully she is RIP and not forced to endure this travesty. It is discusting that her house is being inhabited by the worthless Jenn and that the remnants of her family are involved with the pervert.
Offline Profile Goto Top

karoline
Member Avatar

I might be terribly wrong, but I am under the impression that most people couldn`t care less about Jennifer and Daniel. From what I have read, there isn`t really much interest in this pairing whatsoever.

Am I wrong? Is there something I`m missing?

Edited by karoline, Oct 27 2012, 12:44 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

There must be some interest in them somewhere. Has to be.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Guinevere
Member Avatar
Salem needs Jack Deveraux. Bring Back Matthew Ashford.

^The only place I see most pro-Dannifer support is on the Days Facebook page. Every other board I visit they are mostly despised (yes they have a few fans on the boards but nothing overwhelming). I think the fact it's clear Jack (and Nicole's baby) was killed for these two idiots to get together is where most of the hatred comes from. But we all know that Days takes hate as an emotion and that means they're getting a reaction - hence the decision to push them forward. I would honestly like to know what their appeal is because even if I didn't hate them before the way others have been sacrificed to try and sell them as "true love" :rolleyes: makes them completely unrootable (and disgusting) to me. It's not like they're two new characters with no previous history..you can't erase a 20 yr love story anymore than you can pretend Daniel doesn't sleep with all his patients etc
Offline Profile Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I added a YT version to the first post.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Hopeless_Dreamer
Oct 26 2012, 10:42 PM
Ugh can't believe they sacrificed Jack and Nicole's baby for these two. Days is so out of touch with what the audience WANTS to see. Does anyone even like Dannifer? lol
The funniest thing to me is that there still seem to be people out there who are convinced that Jack was not killed for Daniel and Jennifer. HELLO!! How can anyone not see that? Jack dies and they are pimping Dannifer within an hour. :fp2:
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

My view is that Tomlin likes Dannifer and that's all that matters to him. He came back bent on putting everything back to the way it was in the summer of 2011. He's determined to restore the show to basically the way he had it -- come hell or high water or Daysaster or whatever. There are some exceptions. For example, Kristen, John and Marlena were imposed on him by Sony. And PR bowed out pretty much because TomSell returned, so GT was forced to write some kind of exit story. Otherwise, he's writing for himself. As long as he likes it -- and as long as someone in the NBC executive offices approves of it -- he'll continue to write for Dannifer, and it really doesn't matter what the viewers think.

The negativity from viewers likely will get to the network folks before it ever fazes Tomlin. Our only hope is that they will start to overrule him once the ratings go low enough. Then again, that's what they did to MarDar last year and look what that got us. So, unfortunately, there isn't much hope as long as we've got cynical, uncaring executives and decision-makers in charge of this show.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

JDeveraux_91
Oct 27 2012, 01:03 PM
Hopeless_Dreamer
Ugh can't believe they sacrificed Jack and Nicole's baby for these two. Days is so out of touch with what the audience WANTS to see. Does anyone even like Dannifer? lol
The funniest thing to me is that there still seem to be people out there who are convinced that Jack was not killed for Daniel and Jennifer. HELLO!! How can anyone not see that? Jack dies and they are pimping Dannifer within an hour. :fp2:
Seriously the Dannibore pimping started the second Jack died. It couldn't be more obvious that they killed off Jack to pair Tan and Jenbitch up.

Instead they should have sent off Dannibore together if that's the pairing TomSell wanted and kept Jack while bringing on a new woman for him.
Goto Top

Guinevere
Member Avatar
Salem needs Jack Deveraux. Bring Back Matthew Ashford.

JDeveraux_91
Hopeless_Dreamer
That doesn't surprise me that much. I actually saw a comment on Days FB page the other day that stated that Jennifer mourned Jack both now AND when he was in Afghanistan :shrug: and that she was nothing but a loving wife to him since he came back (and this was a serious post).

But I don't know how anyone can't see it - especially the Jack part. Dannifer hadn't shared a scene in 6 months and suddenly they're on daily and are all about each other again but it's just a coincidence because now they have a lost spouse in common (not that it ever comes up). If Jack had been there for all this Nicole stuff there's no way Daniel could swoop in as her hero - and that is why Jack was killed off because having him just apart from her wouldn't stop him from wanting to protect her (and I'm sure he wouldn't be manipulating Nicole to run away with him to do it).
Offline Profile Goto Top

karoline
Member Avatar

It`s almst facinating how Jennifer has gone from being a loved and appreciated character to being someone that most viewers really can`t stand...
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

There used to be several proDannifer people here. I'm not one, but I can't say I blame them for not posting here.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Guinevere
Oct 27 2012, 01:13 PM
JDeveraux_91
Hopeless_Dreamer
That doesn't surprise me that much. I actually saw a comment on Days FB page the other day that stated that Jennifer mourned Jack both now AND when he was in Afghanistan :shrug: and that she was nothing but a loving wife to him since he came back (and this was a serious post).

But I don't know how anyone can't see it - especially the Jack part. Dannifer hadn't shared a scene in 6 months and suddenly they're on daily and are all about each other again but it's just a coincidence because now they have a lost spouse in common (not that it ever comes up). If Jack had been there for all this Nicole stuff there's no way Daniel could swoop in as her hero - and that is why Jack was killed off because having him just apart from her wouldn't stop him from wanting to protect her (and I'm sure he wouldn't be manipulating Nicole to run away with him to do it).
Oh the Days Facebook page ... home of the blind and braindead viewer. Yeah, that's harsh but I call it as I see it. Danho wasn't even in Jennifer's orbit until Jack died, then all of the sudden his "feelings" for her were back and he was willing to shove Nicole off to the side. Anyone who doesn't have their head in the sand should be able to see that Jack and Nicole's baby boy were killed off for this useless and unpopular couple.
Edited by JDeveraux_91, Oct 27 2012, 02:03 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

lysie
Oct 27 2012, 01:37 PM
There used to be several proDannifer people here. I'm not one, but I can't say I blame them for not posting here.
I checked out the Days FB page and Dannifer fans are not posting there either in the numbers they were last Fall. While there are several anti-Nicole, pro-Jennifer, and pro-Daniel references (including the usual "Daniel is hot, hot, hot" line), the actual pro-Dannifer posts are few in number and muted in expression. Some say they used to be pro-Dannifer until Jennifer chose Jack. Others are in favor of Daniel with Jennifer over Nicole -- at least until Chloe comes back. Pretty muted on Twitter, too, from what I can see.

Offline Profile Goto Top

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

This promo sucks monkey balls.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Romancer66

annie21
My view is that Tomlin likes Dannifer and that's all that matters to him. He came back bent on putting everything back to the way it was in the summer of 2011. He's determined to restore the show to basically the way he had it -- come hell or high water or Daysaster or whatever. There are some exceptions. For example, Kristen, John and Marlena were imposed on him by Sony. And PR bowed out pretty much because TomSell returned, so GT was forced to write some kind of exit story. Otherwise, he's writing for himself. As long as he likes it -- and as long as someone in the NBC executive offices approves of it -- he'll continue to write for Dannifer, and it really doesn't matter what the viewers think.

The negativity from viewers likely will get to the network folks before it ever fazes Tomlin. Our only hope is that they will start to overrule him once the ratings go low enough. Then again, that's what they did to MarDar last year and look what that got us. So, unfortunately, there isn't much hope as long as we've got cynical, uncaring executives and decision-makers in charge of this show.

T&W are their own biggest fans, and they've got the severest case of RHH (Returning Headwriter Hubris) I've seen in years. It's blindingly obvious who their favorites are because they get endlessly pimped and propped, while their non-favorites get killed off, sent out of town, back-burnered, or otherwise marginalized. Even if their non-favorites are loved by the audience--the core audience, not the hypothetical hip young viewers the network is vainly trying to woo.

Daniel is clearly one of their golden boys, along with Rafe, and I find it telling that T&W haven't undone one of the MarDar twists that was universally loathed and derided by viewers: making him Maggie's stolen egg baby. That ridiculous development they've kept, and made even worse by having Daniel suddenly calling Maggie "Mom" all the time. Ironically, I actually approved of his calling her "Maggie"--because he already had a mom who loved and raised him, and that designation rightfully belonged to her, not some woman who'd unknowingly donated an egg--especially since that donor egg shouldn't even have been viable back then, because the reproductive technology just wasn't that advanced.

As far as the waning popularity of Dannifer goes--if they were ever all that popular to begin with--I just wonder whether GT has a bigger hard-on for them or Danloe. Because whichever pair he favors will most likely be the one he goes for. Not sure why viewers are assuming Chloe's already gone by the time the anti-Dannifer JJ apparently arrives in Salem--the length of NB's stay is still unknown. And JJ's hostility could provide Dr. Douche with a no-fault excuse for dumping Jennifer for the seventh, eighth, or ninety-ninth time and pursuing his younger, hotter ex-wife.
Edited by Romancer66, Oct 27 2012, 09:31 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lanemack
Member Avatar

Man, that's gag-worthy.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

Courtneya6688
Oct 26 2012, 10:36 PM
Well this was enough to make me want to puke. Thank god nicole is soon on her way out of this awful storyline to bad her baby and jack were sacrificed for it
Well this is a soap and if they had any sense they'd bring them both back.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

lysie
Oct 27 2012, 01:37 PM
That doesn't stop other fans of less popular pairings from posting. I just don't think there are many Dannifer fans around.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic