Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
NBC & Soapnet Promo for the week of October 29th; "Daniel would do anything for his true love, Jennifer..."
Topic Started: Oct 26 2012, 05:50 PM (5,018 Views)
Ireland98

I think Tomlin just writes what he wants to see, and doesn't care about the viewers :flipoff:
But then again, since Days tapes so far ahead, it seems viewer feedback is mostly irrelevant anyway.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MojoMissy
Member Avatar

As someone who enjoyed both pairings, I'd love nothing more than for Daniel to dump Jennifer on her ass when Chloe returns.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Harmony233

Ireland98
Oct 27 2012, 05:28 PM
I think Tomlin just writes what he wants to see, and doesn't care about the viewers :flipoff:
But then again, since Days tapes so far ahead, it seems viewer feedback is mostly irrelevant anyway.
tomlin really isn't giving me a reason to tune in
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

bomber
Oct 27 2012, 05:22 PM
lysie
Oct 27 2012, 01:37 PM
There used to be several proDannifer people here. I'm not one, but I can't say I blame them for not posting here.
That doesn't stop other fans of less popular pairings from posting. I just don't think there are many Dannifer fans around.
I'm not sure what you think "that" is since I didn't define it. I do think though that a lot of the support they initially had was probably muted by the piss poor story all of the characters involved got last year. I think that's a pretty similar problem all of the featured triangles have.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jackjenfan
Member Avatar

Well, I'm not going to watch then for the next few weeks at least. That promo sealed the deal for me and I didn't even have to bother to watch it. I like the return of Kristen, but the continued shitty writing never changes. Take Dannifer and shove it, Days! :flipoff:
Offline Profile Goto Top

KweenBoda
Member Avatar

I had 1 person on facebook fucking call me evil because I hate DANNIFER and think that Jennifer has become a cold, shallow horny fucking bitch..LOL! I am very anti DANNIFER and it shows in most of my posts there on FB. And yeah there are a lot of clueless viewers saying how wonderful the fucking show has become, and I usually say the ratings don't agree with you.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Added SoapNet promo link to first post
Offline Profile Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Soapnet Promo Link

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=220948308036556&set=vb.54025165143&type=3&theater
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

TFP.

Still no Bo in the promo, but at least SoapNet went with Brady/Kristen instead of lame Dannifer.

Strangely, the slap in this promo came across as kind of wimpy compared to the Sweeps promo version. Maybe the other one amped up the sound? :shrug:

Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

As much as I hate Dannifer, I have to say that I don't mind that Daniel loves Jennifer as much as the TPTB make him out to.... I would just would have liked Jennifer to stand strong and tell him that she doesn't love him the same way..... maybe I love you.... like a friend...but 'I'm not in love with you'---- something that to me would make me a like Jennifer again. I used love MR & Jennifer...... and now there's no hope.
Edited by Dreamer, Oct 29 2012, 08:31 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

I will give TomLin the benefit of the doubt, that JnJ SL had potential for all of 5 mins this last go adn then was royally fucked up by MARDAR from the start. Tomlin she Jack as an obstacle on the show and thre was no way to spend oodles of time redeeming Jennifer and making it right between JnJ so they fired him and it MR left with the only other SL possible, Dannifer., were Tomlin were happy to pick up where they left off.

Unfortunately the of kind of SL that Jack demands is one that requires screen time, not a 3x per month appearance. I think that when the time is right and things are set in place.... MA will return.
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

Well, if the rumors are true, then Tomlin was going to bring MA back last year and give him about six weeks before having Jack commit suicide. Coincidentally, it's been about six weeks since Tomlin's stuff started airing this time, and he's gearing up for Nicole to be pushed to the point of suicide. So basically, he's still re-hashing the storylines and plans he had a year ago. As for Tomlin bothering to try to redeem Jennifer, clearly, this current storyline shows he's not really interested in that. She looks worse than ever now --- weaker, more hypocritical, and more sanctimonious.

As many have pointed out, Tomlin could have moved Jack into his own storyline and still put his beloved Dannifer back together. As for screentime, even Bope and Jarlena aren't on every week and they've still been on the show. MA could have been dropped to recurring like WK and JE and we'd still have gotten some decent Jack scenes (there are no real storylines on this show anymore -- just loosely connected scenes.)

Edited by annie21, Oct 29 2012, 08:57 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Oct 29 2012, 08:40 PM
I will give TomLin the benefit of the doubt, that JnJ SL had potential for all of 5 mins this last go adn then was royally fucked up by MARDAR from the start. Tomlin she Jack as an obstacle on the show and thre was no way to spend oodles of time redeeming Jennifer and making it right between JnJ so they fired him and it MR left with the only other SL possible, Dannifer., were Tomlin were happy to pick up where they left off.

Unfortunately the of kind of SL that Jack demands is one that requires screen time, not a 3x per month appearance. I think that when the time is right and things are set in place.... MA will return.
The time will only be right when Tomlin is fired. Like Annie said, Tomlin had no plans to write for Jack or JnJ. He wanted to bring back Jack to give his golden couple temporary angst then kill him off so it would be smooth sailing for Jen-Jen and Dr. Douche.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Romancer66

Dreamer
Oct 29 2012, 08:40 PM

With all due respect, why give Tomlin or T&W 2 the benefit of the doubt? They've done nothing to earn it! Yeah, MarDar fucked up J&J during their run as well. Once their awful triangle crashed and burned, they had nothing for Jack, Jennifer, or J&J--though they sure found plenty of stuff for Dr. Wipeout. New direction, new story, new love interest. But at least Jack was still alive on their watch, and Jennifer had become fractionally less bitchy and mean in the shows leading up to the DAYSaster.

Flash forward to T&W, Jack is suddenly and violently dead, and Jennifer is worse than ever: self-righteous, jealous, obsessed, and shallower than a sidewalk puddle. Any resemblance between her and a grief-stricken widow who just lost the love of her life is purely coincidental. It's pretty damn clear who the favored few are under this new regime. And it was never Jack, and I'm starting to suspect it's not Jennifer, either, because she's just awful right now. It's all about Daniel and Rafe for these hacks--they're the "heroes" every woman in Salem wants, at the expense of their integrity, sanity, and self-respect.

Will MA be back? It's possible. But I'd be shocked if it happened while T&W are in charge. And, actually, as much as I miss Jack and resent his absence from the show, I am almost relieved that he's not around to be victimized by T&W's poison pen. Because I just know they'd find ways to undermine him to prop Daniel and Dannifer still more. Look at the hatchet job they're doing on Lucas right now.

DAYS needs to get rid of T&W first. And then offer MA the moon to return (PR too). Because, after this latest go-round, who could blame him for saying thanks but no thanks? The guy got an Emmy nomination for his work, helped garner the show a Prism Award and a Best Writing Emmy, and it still wasn't enough to save his job. It really is them and not him that's the problem.

Edited by Romancer66, Oct 29 2012, 09:49 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

Unfortunately I dont think Tomlin is going to be fired in a hurry. I read on another board that NBC and Sony are both happy to let Days "coast" and aren't particularly worried about trying to improve the quality or the ratings and it does make sense. NBC is doing so badly that even Days mediocre ratings look good compared to most of their other shows and Sony has Y & R doing so well that as long as they can get advertisers to pay the bills they are happy. By all reports Tomlin is good at churning out scripts quickly and this saves them literally millions as it allows them to film so far in advance. it also explains why Tomlin was brought back even though his last run was an epic fail. So I'm not seeing either MA or PR back anytime soon :(
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

MissLola
Oct 26 2012, 06:22 PM
Does anyone actually like this couple or care about them? Thank God Nicole is almost out of this shitshow!
I like Dannifer, but I'm tired of them being overshown. I also think Jennifer should have some mourning time before moving on with Daniel.
Offline Profile Goto Top

eyebrowns

Are there just not many soap writers out there? Why do they keep hiring the same people over and over again? Although TomSell's writing leaves a lot to be desired storyline wise, they move a lot faster than MarDar's snoozefests last year, which I guess I can appreciate.

I think bringing back Sheri Anderson would be great for the show. She had some good things, I think. But yeah, even if they do fire TomSell, they'll keep airing until when? February? March? NBC in general is in the toilet with all shows right now, so I just can't see them changing anything and they especially won't listen to fans. They can't since they film so far ahead. :rolleyes:
Edited by eyebrowns, Oct 30 2012, 04:30 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

Daysdegrassi
Oct 30 2012, 12:42 PM
MissLola
Oct 26 2012, 06:22 PM
Does anyone actually like this couple or care about them? Thank God Nicole is almost out of this shitshow!
I like Dannifer, but I'm tired of them being overshown. I also think Jennifer should have some mourning time before moving on with Daniel.
MR was very convincing in 2003 after Jack was killed (by brick) by the serial killer. She was convincing again after Jack supposedly drowned twice (off the boat and off the bridge).

Maybe she's tired of playing the part of a grieving widow yet again. Or maybe she's forgotten how. More likely, these writers are not allowing that aspect to come out because they are rushing to pursue their own agenda. They're not letting anyone have time to show much of any emotion for very long.

Offline Profile Goto Top

misch
Member Avatar

gross just gross
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic