Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 10/29; Twitter/FB list in first post
Topic Started: Oct 29 2012, 06:07 AM (13,789 Views)
annie21

So 2 million people watch Days in South Africa every day (out of a total population of around 48 million).

ETA: to remove incorrect statement.

Edited by annie21, Nov 1 2012, 09:57 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

annie21
Nov 1 2012, 01:34 AM
So 2 million people watch Days in South Africa every day (out of a total population of around 48 million).

Meanwhile, the latest ratings are showing between 400,000 and 500,000 viewers per day for Days here in the US. In fact, you'd have to add up the daily figures for all four remaining soaps combined to come anywhere near that daily number. Impressive.

No, Days has over 2 million daily viewers in the US too.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Vicky4Mimi

Courtneya6688
Oct 31 2012, 09:55 PM
Ari drake and galen seem to be having an amazing time in sa so nice of them to take the time to go there
And they are loving being there. I like them even more now for doing this. They are amazing--all 3 of em!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Vicky4Mimi

rpmaluki
Oct 31 2012, 02:46 PM
annie21
Oct 31 2012, 09:50 AM
@galengering: Changed the tag on @DrakeHogestyn s door last nite from "do not disturb" to "make up room" and maid walked in on him fully naked! Classic!

They must still be in S. Africa. Is he for real? Or is he just making stuff up for Twitterland. Sorry, but this kind of practical joke isn't funny to me (nor is tweeting to the world about it afterwards). Not impressed.

Drake was laughing uncontrollably about that exact incident today, it took a while for him to compose himself. Clearly Drake didn't have a problem with it. They all seem to be enjoying their time in SA.
Of course he didn't have a problem with it! Drake is a good sport AND with those 3 tricksters together, anything is bound to happen! From the sound of their tweets, a good time is being had by all!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Vicky4Mimi

Southofsoap
Oct 31 2012, 06:13 PM
Days Gangnam Style!

I love this! Camila might be in materity clothes (for Gabi)....if they are filming almost Feb. I guess it would be time for that. Kate is a sweetheart, can't wait for her "new storyline"!! And Galen and Blake...adorable!
Offline Profile Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Nov 1 2012, 08:04 AM
JDeveraux_91
Oct 31 2012, 02:34 PM
nocturnalblondie
Oct 31 2012, 02:29 PM
^ Somewhere out there, there's a HOT amnesiac Jack Deveraux... and I want him to come home!
As long as he wants nothing to do with Bitchifer, I am cool with that. :D
I somewhat agree.
But I am sick and twisted and would I'd like to see him torment her in some round about way.
Jack needs to come back strong and confident and a little richer, like he was in the good old days.
I want to see Ms. Horton looke at him with her shining wide eyes, in awe of him and see what's she's lost, then have her be up in his face, and I would pay $ to see him send her packing, like he did in the beginnng of their 1st go. I want TPTB give Jack a real woman/relationship outside of JnJ for the 1st time in 20+ years, it wouldn't ruin Jack for me, it would enhance his character if writen correctly.

Really, is it too much to ask for?
If only Tomlin wasn't the HW. :shame:
Offline Profile Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

nocturnalblondie
Oct 31 2012, 01:41 PM
New headshots were posted on Matthew Ashford's Facebook page... ummm YOUR LOSS DAYS! Holy yum!

Posted Image

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.455315994509535.98635.117373061637165&type=1
Oh my.... :omg: :wow: :wub: :wub:

This is the guy they fired in favor of Shawn Christian?!?!! Fucking idiots!!!!! :frustration:
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Nov 1 2012, 08:35 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

blueskies
Nov 1 2012, 06:23 AM
annie21
Nov 1 2012, 01:34 AM

Meanwhile, the latest ratings are showing between 400,000 and 500,000 viewers per day for Days here in the US. In fact, you'd have to add up the daily figures for all four remaining soaps combined to come anywhere near that daily number. Impressive.

No, Days has over 2 million daily viewers in the US too.
Thank you for correcting this. Yes, now I see the digits that are tucked in behind the backslash. :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

I doubt they'll last long enough to play out a Dannifer wedding.

I'm fully expecting that TomSell will be fired or demoted any day now. Last year, it was sometime in November, when the ratings blipped and then fell to record lows, that the network first started stepping in and re-working MarDar's plans/storylines. Of course, things only went from bad to worse, so that by March, the show was just a muddled mess. But in any case, TomSell's time is running out as we speak.

Edited by annie21, Nov 1 2012, 10:20 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

annie21
Nov 1 2012, 10:18 AM

I'm fully expecting that TomSell will be fired or demoted any day now. Last year, it was sometime in November, when the ratings blipped and then fell to record lows, that the network first started stepping in and re-working MarDar's plans/storylines. Of course, things only went from bad to worse, so that by March, the show was just a muddled mess. But in any case, TomSell's time is running out as we speak.

We can only hope. Tomlin is a damn fool.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Romancer66

annie21

From your keyboard . . .
Online Profile Goto Top

Ellie

annie21

This is another place where the 3 month delay really hurts them. TomSell only started writing in April/May, and their stuff started airing more or less after the Olympics. That's really only 2 months ago. Yet, because they've been there almost 6 months, as you're saying, TPTB above them are probably getting impatient, when any head writer should certainly be given more than 2 months of airtime to make a dent.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Ellie
Nov 1 2012, 11:58 AM
annie21

This is another place where the 3 month delay really hurts them. TomSell only started writing in April/May, and their stuff started airing more or less after the Olympics. That's really only 2 months ago. Yet, because they've been there almost 6 months, as you're saying, TPTB above them are probably getting impatient, when any head writer should certainly be given more than 2 months of airtime to make a dent.
Unless that writer was fired in the past for sinking the ratings like the titanic. Then that writer should have never have been rehired in the first place.
Offline Profile Goto Top

rfsexton
Member Avatar
Queen of Texas

LanaluvsBroe
Nov 1 2012, 12:11 PM
Ellie
annie21

Unless that writer was fired in the past for sinking the ratings like the titanic. Then that writer should have never have been rehired in the first place.
Send him far, far away. Bring in a writer who writes Jarlena and Lumi and will stick it to the Dimeras and kill off Rafe
Offline Profile Goto Top

WillFan
Member Avatar

Melissa Johnş@trinimellie

@heyjude14 hey so who r in the new promo comin out on the 19th?

Judieş@heyjude14

@trinimellie Gabi Will Nick Sonny Sami EJ Rafe Brady Kristen John Marlena Eric Brady (Greg Vaughan) Nicole Jenn
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

LanaluvsBroe
Nov 1 2012, 12:11 PM
Ellie
annie21

The last time Gary Tomlin was HW for the show was back in 1981 and he's long been actually credited with saving the show.
Offline Profile Goto Top

supercool74
Member Avatar

WillFan
Nov 1 2012, 12:22 PM
Melissa Johnş@trinimellie

@heyjude14 hey so who r in the new promo comin out on the 19th?

Judieş@heyjude14

@trinimellie Gabi Will Nick Sonny Sami EJ Rafe Brady Kristen John Marlena Eric Brady (Greg Vaughan) Nicole Jenn
Hmmm, that's weird. Jen and Nicole are in the promo, but no Daniel?
Offline Profile Goto Top

johnwalterseip
Member Avatar

soapcentral.com ‏@thesoapcentral
@DaysofourLives fans: Are you a fan of Will/Sonny? We want to hear from you! Call tomorrow during @soapcentrallive 6p ET/3p PT.
Offline Profile Goto Top

cord08

Another audition for the role of "David," aka JJ: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TBU3nwklpM

I actually thought he wasn't half bad. The hair is a bit distracting, though.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

cord08
Nov 1 2012, 12:29 PM
Another audition for the role of "David," aka JJ: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TBU3nwklpM

I actually thought he wasn't half bad. The hair is a bit distracting, though.

JJ can't get here fast enough. And hell ya, I'm all for his deisrepecting his momma. Go JJ! If they are casting JJ now, stuff won't be on screen till when? March 2013?
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic