Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
November Promo #1
Topic Started: Oct 29 2012, 01:15 PM (11,420 Views)
bomber
Member Avatar

IA that Nicole is in no way blameless but i still have the most sympathy for her. I think it's because she is blatant in her behaviour and not being sanctimonious and hypocritical in the way I feel the others are. Noone in the whole story is innocent - E.J. cheated on her and seemed prepared to let rafe pretend to be Daddy so that he could get Sami, Rafe, as a police officer, should not have gone along knowingly with a DNA switch, Daniel's moral and ethical compass throughout the whole story is beyond broken and Jennifer has been acting little short of a jealous and obsessive ex-girlfriend. Nicole has lied and schemed but at the end of the day her loss was far greater than her actions deserved and she is the only one who suffers.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

annie21

I don't really have a view about Nicole one way or the other, but I can understand why some are drawn to feel sympathy for her. She's one of the few characters on this show who are being made to pay a price for her misdeeds. Yes, she's said and done some despicable things to hurt and trick and mislead people. But she's paying, she's paying heavily, and it looks like she will continue to pay for some time. Too many others -- including those who are now raining blame and criticism down on her head -- have become exempt. They neither acknowledge their own misdeeds nor do they have anyone around them to point those misdeeds out to them in more than a token way. On the contrary, the people around them praise them to the skies, gloss over any mistakes, and shower them with sympathy.

It'll be interesting to see whether part of Eric the priest's arrival will have Nicole trying in any way to atone for her actions. That would be good, imo, because it can lead to redemption to her. That's hopeful. The rest of the gang on canvas don't have much hope because they -- and the show -- refuse to even acknowledge that redemption/atonement is necessary.

ETA: I know I'm using words like redemption and atonement, which have religious overtones. But I mean them in the larger, universal human context if that makes any sense.

Edited by annie21, Oct 30 2012, 03:24 PM.

JaSamFanAlwayz09

Why is Chad still on making Gabi pay. She's clearly over him, so why not move on.

She always stays away from him & he's the one approaching & threatening her. Who is the real stalker.

You weren't even w/ Mel a year. it was barely 9 months. & they just started having scenes together last year.

You still would've lost Mel regardless of her finding out about Gabi involvement in her kidnapping. HELLO you almost killed Nick.

They must not have anything better for Chad to do. I liked him a lot better 3 years ago before his DiMeraness kicked in.

six
Member Avatar

Dany_E
Oct 30 2012, 01:29 PM
six
Oct 30 2012, 12:07 PM
lazydazes
Oct 30 2012, 07:33 AM
Uh, hell naw. They better step back and leave my girl alone. All these m`effers better take a step back before throwing rocks or their own glass house will shatter. To think that they have turned nicole`s grief about dannifer and every other sanctimonious salemite blows. That bitch jennifer ranks at the top of my hate list. She could tear a page out of nicole`s book and actually GRIEVE, you know that devastating heartwrenching feeling when you`ve lost a loved one. Of course she can`t understand nicole`s grief. She fuckin` threw her post-partum husband under the bus and hardly dropped a tear when he died. But then she spends weeks on end terrorizing/stalking/arguing with a high risk pregnant woman all for the love of daniel`s shriveled lower body parts. So jenn that makes u the effin` bitch. And dannyboy needs to be stripped of his medical license since he has practically sexed up every female patient he`s had. That washed out 1970`s rejected male ho and his washed out pollyanna princess need to fall over the nearest cliff. And Abby needs to think about her little austin/carrie escapades. Yes, she fuckin` lied too. Instead of fronting on nikki, she should be raking her mother over the coals for her lack of sensitivity for her dead father. And EJ`s rapsheet is extensive so he needs to keep his effin` mouth shut. Where was all these feelings and grief when the baby was ALIVE. And brady (sorry boo trying to make a point here, luv ya baby) but u did bury a woman alive.
As for nicole, she`s made more than her share of mistakes. And for each one the writers ensure that she`s villified/branded before everyone. If that`s the name of the game they need to do it to the rest of these `upstanding` salem citizens.
You don't have to be innocent to be outraged at someone using their dead child to hurt someone else. Every player in this story (except EJ, for once) behaved badly, but no one more than Nicole, who drew everyone (except Rafe) into this out of spite, then lied to them all. I'm not sympathetic to any of them, but if I were, I'd feel the least bad for Nicole.
And yet, out of all of them, I feel the most sympathetic to Nicole. Ari's a great actress sure but I think it's more than that. There's no sense that bad things are happening to Nicole because of bad things she's done. It's all flipped around. She's doing bad things because bad things have been done to her or, at least, have happened to her. I can feel no "Awwwright!!!" fist-pump-o'-justice as Nicole gets found out because, even though she's done some shitty things here, she's the only one who's lost everything. In addition, the things she's lost are not due to her own actions. She lost the baby just "because", I guess, and she lost Daniel cause he lost interest. It's like she was "punished" before she did anything wrong. The writers have really put this character to the ringer and something in me just cries that it's not fair and I didn't even want Nicole to have a baby in the first place.
I agree that she's had very bad luck, but she used up what little sympathy I had for her with this latest scheme. To be clear though, I'm not sitting at the edge of my seat waiting for Nicole to be found out, either. This was a terrible story, from beginning to end that made everyone involved look bad, and it can't end soon enough.

I think it makes sense for Chad to want revenge on Gabi - in his mind, she's the reason Melanie left. Chad should tell Abby what happened and team up with her to ruin Gabi's life, or better yet, get her thrown in prison.
Edited by six, Oct 30 2012, 07:04 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

EJ would be hot with anybody! LOL.

shar_d
Member Avatar

Meh this promo was boring, we`ve seen half of those scenes already. the only thing that interests me is the Kristen, John and Marlena cabin storyline, and can`t wait to see Abby tear into Nicole. I like seeing her defend her mom instead of arguing with her all the time. Sucks that Nicole is being thrown under the bus yet again while Scami gets to have the 2 best looking men on the show fight over her smh

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I have to agree that this promo is quite dull. As it just so happens, the UK soap "Hollyoaks" just released their minute long promo for their upcoming bus crash (which is supposed to happen during a wedding). IMO, DAYS (and the other US soaps) should be taking notes.

bomber
Member Avatar

Matt
Oct 30 2012, 11:49 PM
I have to agree that this promo is quite dull. As it just so happens, the UK soap "Hollyoaks" just released their minute long promo for their upcoming bus crash (which is supposed to happen during a wedding). IMO, DAYS (and the other US soaps) should be taking notes.

IA. Also when I was in NZ a few months back I saw some promos for a Coronation St cliffhangar - a train crash. It gave me goosebumps. The Brits certainly know how to keep the suspense going. Actually the episodes leading up to the crash were great for building the momentum. Subtle things like train whistles in the background at crucial times. Awesome.
Edited by bomber, Oct 31 2012, 04:31 AM.

angie37
Member Avatar

King
Oct 30 2012, 10:49 PM
As long as she doesn't wear a scarf, :P . He wasn't so hot with Taylor, either of them.

Ljay
Member Avatar

angie37
Oct 31 2012, 05:09 AM
King
As long as she doesn't wear a scarf, :P . He wasn't so hot with Taylor, either of them.
Bless Taylor and that damn scarf! Ej was a absolute wreck when that weirdo was around.

Ej could have done so much better than Taylor. Ive seen it...(Ejole and Ejami) :P

Dany_E

bomber
Oct 31 2012, 03:56 AM
Matt
Oct 30 2012, 11:49 PM

IA. Also when I was in NZ a few months back I saw some promos for a Coronation St cliffhangar - a train crash. It gave me goosebumps. The Brits certainly know how to keep the suspense going. Actually the episodes leading up to the crash were great for building the momentum. Subtle things like train whistles in the background at crucial times. Awesome.
Ashley died!!!! :'(

Guinevere
Member Avatar
Salem needs Jack Deveraux. Bring Back Matthew Ashford.

^LOL..he did sacrifice himself for someone else though;). When you watch the crash live the special effects were not that great but overall the episodes were (mostly) well acted (and I'm not even a regular viewer). That was almost 2 years ago now.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

That Hollyoaks promo- is that a legit commercial in the sense that they filmed something specifically for it? Or was it like Days, where it's mostly cobbled together out of the footage they shot making the show?

Guinevere
Member Avatar

^ I think the UK promos are usually specially made.

supercool74
Member Avatar

Guinevere, LOVE the banner! Damn he looks good.

I'm pretty sure that Hollyoaks promo is specially made and it looks awesome. Days can't do promos like that because the actual show sucks just as much as the promos do. I think I need to catch up on Hollyoaks again. It's been a while since I watched, and I only watched certain storylines, but I think I'm going to start again soon. I really don't see how Days is going to last much longer, it's so sad.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Here's a 30 second teaser promo with nothing but actual show clips from the upcoming Hollyoaks storyline.

Guinevere
Member Avatar

That teaser is different from the usual promos that are show in the lead into a big episode or storyline on the UK soaps. The promos that are used are mainly specially made to promote the upcoming event. I don't know how Hollyoaks do their promos as I've never really watched the show but the other three you usually see a specifically made promo - not using show clips.

Guinevere
Member Avatar

supercool74
Oct 31 2012, 11:54 AM
Guinevere, LOVE the banner! Damn he looks good.

I'm pretty sure that Hollyoaks promo is specially made and it looks awesome. Days can't do promos like that because the actual show sucks just as much as the promos do. I think I need to catch up on Hollyoaks again. It's been a while since I watched, and I only watched certain storylines, but I think I'm going to start again soon. I really don't see how Days is going to last much longer, it's so sad.
Yeah he does ;) Couldn't stop looking when these popped up on Facebook earlier LOL..it's Days loss.

King
Member Avatar

angie37
Oct 31 2012, 05:09 AM
King
You're right.

That was awful.

Forgot about her!

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I want to watch Hollyoaks now.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply