Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Melissa Reeves Sony Interview
Topic Started: Oct 30 2012, 04:36 PM (7,933 Views)
Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

It would seem that what put Jennifer on this trajectory began several months ago. During the 'Daysaster,' she lost her beloved husband Jack. Of course, she's lost him several times before. This time, however, seems just that much more real and she's been dealing with the after-effects.

Next, Nicole got pregnant and Daniel became involved with her. He wanted to find Nicole some place to stay that wasn't a hotel, and, after things didn't exactly work out when it came to moving her into the Kiriakis Mansion (Victor likely said something along the lines of "over my dead body"), Jennifer offered up the Horton House. Naturally, this wasn't what Nicole wanted. She wanted to move in with Daniel. Long story short, neither woman was thrilled. And neither was in a particularly strong emotional point in her life.

"I think she's just at a breaking point," Melissa told us regarding Jennifer's emotional state. "She lost her grandmother; she's had such loss in her life, and her son doesn't live at home anymore. She has Abigail back. But I think she's just feeling this incredible emptiness and then this love for this man Daniel and not wanting to lose him.

I think it's just this overwhelming feeling of loss, of not wanting to lose another person in her life. Jennifer loses it a little bit. She really does. She ends up coming to the conclusion that she is losing it emotionally and needs to get her life back in order and back on balance."

Jennifer has lost a lot, then, and doesn't also want to lose Daniel. She doesn't want to lose him to Nicole, but it would seem even more than that she doesn't want him to lose everything he's fought so hard for, namely his career. She's sure that Nicole convinced him to do something that would jeopardize that. And she's right. Daniel isn't the one who switched those DNA samples, but he did allow Nicole to get away with it, to keep EJ from finding out that he is the father of her baby. And EJ wasn't about to just let them get away with that. He would make them all, Daniel included, pay, and Jennifer knew that.

"She wasn't going for Daniel emotionally and to fall in love so quickly again," Melissa confirmed. "She wanted to take it slowly, to get to know him again. But what started it with Nicole was that I had heard EJ have a conversation to find out about the baby and what Nicole was stirring up, what she was talking Daniel into doing for her. So then it became this protection mode. This man could lose everything now, his medical license, everything he's worked for his whole life.

And after overcoming his hand tremors, all of that, that Nicole was now going to take that away from him because he was going to sacrifice pretty much his life and career for this baby."

Jennifer was angry (really angry). She hated Nicole - she even told Billie as much - and she was determined to keep her from ruining Daniel's life. She told Brady that, and he had to wonder exactly what she meant by it. She relentlessly confronted and pursued Nicole, who had herself been relentlessly pushing Daniel to leave town - that night. And that's when the two of them ended up on that staircase in the Horton Town Square, just in time for both Brady and Billie to arrive for the show.

"As characters we just thought, ok, we had both come to the end with each other. Then Jennifer decides I'm not doing this, not going to that place again. And Nicole follows her up the stairs, just to maybe get the last word - which we all like to do - to get that last word in. Jennifer just swings around to get her last word in. And Jennifer's like, did I push her? Did I not push her? In the scuffle of each one getting their last word she goes flying down the stairs and Jennifer's not sure. She's not sure if she pushed her or not until she sorts it out in her mind ... It's the combination of all of that, each wanting to walk away from it, but each having to get the last word. And that's when the whole stair fall happened."mmediately after the incident, Jennifer didn't know whether or not she had pushed Nicole. And both Brady and Billie saw it, and thought, yes, it did look like Jennifer had done it on purpose. And that was certainly what Nicole was claiming. Eventually, however, after a night in jail, Jennifer came to the conclusion that it had been an accident. No way did she deliberately push Nicole. Then, she was left to hope "that people will believe her. She's sort of thinking, my gosh, I'm starting to lose my mind. I even went to a place of such anger and such hate for someone else, trying to protect someone else. I don't even think Jennifer understands the emotions that she's going through right now. But she still has to make everyone around her believe that she didn't mean to hurt Nicole in that way."

It does seem surprising to see Jennifer go to a place of such anger. No way would we ever believed she'd intentionally hurt anyone. She's typically the good girl. Okay, she had her problems in high school, but that was a long time ago. She's had her fights with Jack, with Abigail, but nothing that seems this extreme. As Melissa told us, "I know that Jennifer's always been a strong character. And she's chosen her strengths in different ways. I do believe there is a time, or there can be a time, in people's lives where they just cross the line with their anger. They just cross a line with an emotion and they don't mean to go there, but they do.
I think for any character there can be that justification to cross that line of anger. Not that it's right, but as human beings we can all go there. She just went, she was pushed to that limit. And Nicole is such a strong character, she could push Jennifer to that place."

That is certainly somewhat understandable. Nicole is the type of character who can push the buttons of even the most mild-mannered of characters. If Jennifer was ever going to be that angry, going there in response to Nicole is more believable. But does she really feel that strongly about Daniel?

"I think she sees a lot of her family in Daniel working at the hospital and what that represents for her," Melissa told us. "That's where Jennifer and Daniel met, in this hospital that represents her entire family. He's so respected there and such a great doctor. Jennifer and Daniel were both very broken people when they met, both going through divorce, so they have a lot of understanding together. Jennifer feels that, yeah, this could be someone, because of their brokenness together, that they could really relate to one another."

She's lost Jack, and, as Melissa told us, "she knows the finality of that, that he's really never coming back this time .... I think if she even thought for a minute that he was alive she would not go forward as quickly as she is with Daniel."

Whether or not she will get the chance to go forward with Daniel, or whether he'll end up with Nicole, remains to be seen. But, much like her Grandmother Alice, Jennifer seems prone to fighting for love. And for everything else

http://www.daysofourlives.com/2012/10/melissa-reeves-on-jennifers-loss-and-losing-it.php?page=6
Offline Profile Goto Top

lene
Member Avatar

Jennifer sucks.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Are they really trying to compare Bitchifer to Alice Horton? :shame: What a fucking joke.
Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Can they make their minds up? Is it Safe or Dannifer that are the new Tom & Alice?
Online Profile Goto Top

nolagirl
Member Avatar

Melissa dear you, Corday and Tomlin can try and spin this anyway you want. Jennifer was wrong on so many levels, first and foremost for not truly mourning the supposed love of her life before going in heat for Daniel. And Nicole's baby sacraficed and her character butchered yet again for a couple that truly sucks this is exactly how bad Tomlin is.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

This is the worst interview ever. Jennifer sucks dan sucks and they can have each other for all i care
Offline Profile Goto Top

nolagirl
Member Avatar

concerned
Oct 30 2012, 04:52 PM
Can they make their minds up? Is it Safe or Dannifer that are the new Tom & Alice?
Neither they both suck, but then again so does the whole show, so I guess if they're trying to replace Tom and Alice they should pic one of the couples from the past who aren't coming back to Salem and get butchered by the writers in horrible stories. Let's see what Supercouple never came back and got butchered????? :blink:

Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

So MR believes they have really killed off Jack this time? Corday knows where he can shove this show.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Harmony233

I couldn't even get through that interview ecspecially them discussing all that jenn had lost
Offline Profile Goto Top

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

Jack got more mention in this article then he did scenes with Jennifer when he came back. I'm not buying Jennifer as the grieving widow and nothing can ever compare Dannifer or Safe with Tom and Alice. The only couple ever to come close to that for me was Lumi. Tomlins a nut job if he thinks we buy this spew.
Edited by LucasHortonFan, Oct 30 2012, 05:09 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

:toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap:

I am not amused.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

concerned
Oct 30 2012, 04:52 PM
Dannifer are the new Tom and Alice, Safe are the new Bo and Hope. That's what they're thinking.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Guinevere
Member Avatar
Salem needs Jack Deveraux. Bring Back Matthew Ashford.

She didn't expect to fall in love again this quickly..seriously she expects us to buy that killing Jack wasn't all set up for precisely that (and I'm sure she knows it). I guess they are trying to get through to us that Jack is really dead this time. And sorry but if she really believed he was still alive she wouldn't move ahead this quickly..umm he was alive last year when she hopped into bed with Daniel after 3 dates so that doesn't really mean much.

This is like all those interviews she did last year going on about Dannifer's great love..didn't buy it then & don't now. She really has lost touch with who her character is and how she's coming across to the viewers..and the character on screen has no similarities to Alice Horton.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daysdegrassi
Member Avatar

LucasHortonFan
Oct 30 2012, 05:09 PM
Jack got more mention in this article then he did scenes with Jennifer when he came back. I'm not buying Jennifer as the grieving widow and nothing can ever compare Dannifer or Safe with Tom and Alice. The only couple ever to come close to that for me was Lumi. Tomlins a nut job if he thinks we buy this spew.
I agree, Lumi was supercouple material, and so was EJole. Literally. Lumi were the new "Talice" and EJole were the new State. EJami is shitty. I like Safe, but they just don't speak as a supercouple for me. Neither do Dannifer, but I do like those two.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

What I learned from this interview is that Melissa Reeves is still clueless as hell and living in a fantasy land where Daniel is the real love of Jennifer's life. :flipoff: :flipoff: I've been done with her since she treated the JnJ fans like shit and pimped Dannifer. I dislike her more with every interview she gives.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Melissa, don't even try to justify how pathetic your character has become. :facepalm:
Offline Profile Goto Top

karoline
Member Avatar

What she is talking about is SO fare from what I am seing on my screen! What is she talking about??!?
Edited by karoline, Oct 30 2012, 05:43 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

karoline
Oct 30 2012, 05:41 PM
What she is talking about is SO fare from what I am seing on my screen! What is she talking about??!?
I've come to the conclusion that she has no clue what the hell she's talking about in her interviews. Just like last year when she talked about being "torn" over Jack and Daniel, when her character acted anything but torn. Or when she spewed the BS about how Daniel was the first time the audience had accepted her with someone other than Jack. Huh? I saw far more acceptance for Frankie than I have ever seen for Daniel. She appears to be on another planet then the rest of us.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Bitchifer sucks and needs to go away.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Romancer66

Guinevere
Oct 30 2012, 05:12 PM
She didn't expect to fall in love again this quickly..seriously she expects us to buy that killing Jack wasn't all set up for precisely that (and I'm sure she knows it). I guess they are trying to get through to us that Jack is really dead this time. And sorry but if she really believed he was still alive she wouldn't move ahead this quickly..umm he was alive last year when she hopped into bed with Daniel after 3 dates so that doesn't really mean much.

This is like all those interviews she did last year going on about Dannifer's great love..didn't buy it then & don't now. She really has lost touch with who her character is and how she's coming across to the viewers..and the character on screen has no similarities to Alice Horton.
MR continues to be clueless about her character, the so-called appeal of Dannifer, the inappropriateness of hooking up with any man this soon after the death of her longtime love/husband, and just about everything. I retch at the thought of sleazy, patient-groping Daniel being set up as the successor to Tom Horton. And this weak, fickle, shallow version of Jennifer is nothing like her formidable grandmother.

As for Jack, I notice MR didn't say Jennifer knows Jack is dead this time because she saw his remains in the morgue (not that that means anything after the Salem Stalker storyline in 2003). It's all "if she thought he was alive, she wouldn't be pursuing Daniel."

My take: Jack is actually alive, but it'll take another regime change to get him and MA back in the flesh.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic