Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Melissa Reeves Sony Interview
Topic Started: Oct 30 2012, 04:36 PM (7,785 Views)
px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

After a whole night in jail...

Whatever. At this point I think either you buy it, or you don't. And I'm starting to feel like we all have put more energy into this than the writers ever did. It is what it is.

I don't fault Reeves for reading the script they gave her for this interview, that's kinda her job, imho.
Edited by px780, Oct 30 2012, 06:21 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Daysdegrassi
Oct 30 2012, 05:13 PM
LucasHortonFan
Oct 30 2012, 05:09 PM
Jack got more mention in this article then he did scenes with Jennifer when he came back. I'm not buying Jennifer as the grieving widow and nothing can ever compare Dannifer or Safe with Tom and Alice. The only couple ever to come close to that for me was Lumi. Tomlins a nut job if he thinks we buy this spew.
I agree, Lumi was supercouple material, and so was EJole. Literally. Lumi were the new "Talice" and EJole were the new State. EJami is shitty. I like Safe, but they just don't speak as a supercouple for me. Neither do Dannifer, but I do like those two.
The new State? State isn't even a supercouple, and Ejole as a couple has been around longer.
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Harmony233
Oct 30 2012, 05:03 PM
I couldn't even get through that interview ecspecially them discussing all that jenn had lost
Especially when she's saying "She's lost so much. Her grandmother died." Duh, HER HUSBAND/SOULMATE FUCKING DIED!

Ugh, awful interview. Stop pimping Dannifer to me.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

This whole "she doesn't want to lose Daniel". She didn't have him to lose. They had split up and haven't been in the same orbit for nearly a year. She is persuing him - not holding onto him. Semantics I know but this whole pimping Dannibore again and trying to justify Jennibitch's behaviour is revolting.
I wonder if this is just a standard interview or are they going into damage control like last year when she was treating Jack so badly and viewers were up in arms.
Offline Profile Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

The character of Jennifer, I think, has been trashed just like Chloe was on this show. Personally, I believe that they need to let the character of Jennifer go off for a while and then bring her back and hopefully then we'll all recognize her as Jennifer Rose Horton.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Romancer66

talbab1994
Oct 30 2012, 06:35 PM
The character of Jennifer, I think, has been trashed just like Chloe was on this show. Personally, I believe that they need to let the character of Jennifer go off for a while and then bring her back and hopefully then we'll all recognize her as Jennifer Rose Horton.
I think Jennifer needs to be sent offscreen for a while too. Because she's a mess--a jealous, obsessive, desperate, needy mess. There's precious little to choose between her and Nicole when it comes to losing their shit over a worthless, opportunistic sleaze like Daniel.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

talbab1994
Oct 30 2012, 06:35 PM
Personally (and I admit I'm biased) the only way I will ever regain any fondness for Jennifer is if Jack returns and she proves that she actually loves him. Even if she becomes the Mother Theresa of Salem I can't forgive her treatment of him from his return to her lack of any grief at his death.
As for MR, I have no idea how she personally feels. She probably isn't too fussed about who her character is paired with - a job is a job and she has to sell it. But even if it is just for the good of her public image she could perhaps take a leaf out of Kritian Alfonso's book when it comes to expressing disappointment when her on-screen partner leaves. I remember KA saying how sad it was and that she refuses to believe that PR is really gone. MR might get a bit of love from J & J fans if she expressed similar sentiments.
Edited by bomber, Oct 30 2012, 06:57 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Romancer66

The Room Stops
Oct 30 2012, 06:27 PM
Harmony233
Oct 30 2012, 05:03 PM
I couldn't even get through that interview ecspecially them discussing all that jenn had lost
Especially when she's saying "She's lost so much. Her grandmother died." Duh, HER HUSBAND/SOULMATE FUCKING DIED!

Ugh, awful interview. Stop pimping Dannifer to me.
Not to mention that Alice died two years ago, peacefully, of old age, surrounded by her loved ones come to say their final farewells.

Jack died barely two months ago, suddenly and violently, while saving his daughter from a falling elevator. No goodbyes, no parting embraces, just a snapping cable, a closing door, a one-sided "I love you," and a rapid descent to who knows where.

There's no comparison between the two deaths. And it's revolting that, given the circumstances of Jack's demise, Jen-Jen is ready to move on this soon, romantically. Forget about whether Jack is dead or "dead"--the shock of how he supposedly perished should give her pause, and warrant more than lip service and other characters telling us Jennifer is grieving, because we sure as hell aren't seeing it onscreen.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Remember when everyone was so thrilled that Jennifer was coming back to the show a couple of years back? I hate that they've collectively screwed this character up but still tell fairytales to make it better. I know that MR is probably just toting the party line because, let's face it, it's what's in her best interest--but it still doesn't make reading that interview any less painful.

Edited by Spencer Hastings, Oct 30 2012, 07:01 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Sorry, Camila Banus, MR else has just taken the "worst interviewee ever" crown from you. This is really just a mess, although I guess it's a good fit for the terrible story it's about.
Edited by six, Oct 30 2012, 07:19 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Quote:

She's lost Jack, and, as Melissa told us, "she knows the finality of that, that he's really never coming back this time .... I think if she even thought for a minute that he was alive she would not go forward as quickly as she is with Daniel."

Oh really? And how long did it take her to jump into bed with Daniel last year when her husband was alive but acting very out of character? A whopping 3 months?

Quote:

Whether or not she will get the chance to go forward with Daniel, or whether he'll end up with Nicole, remains to be seen. But, much like her Grandmother Alice, Jennifer seems prone to fighting for love. And for everything else

There is so much wrong with this statement. Fighting for love? You mean like how she "fought" for Jack's love last year? Oh wait...she didn't. And please never mention Jennifer and Alice's names in the same sentence again. Alice ALWAYS stood by her husband, her love for Tom never wavered. Unlike Jennifer's fickle ass who couldn't be bothered to stand by husband when he was going through hell. And as for comparing Daniel to Tom, Tom didn't screw his patients. End of story.
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Oct 30 2012, 07:41 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Guinevere
Member Avatar
Salem needs Jack Deveraux. Bring Back Matthew Ashford.

LanaluvsBroe
Oct 30 2012, 07:39 PM
Quote:

She's lost Jack, and, as Melissa told us, "she knows the finality of that, that he's really never coming back this time .... I think if she even thought for a minute that he was alive she would not go forward as quickly as she is with Daniel."

Oh really? And how long did it take her to jump into bed with Daniel last year when her husband was alive but acting very out of character? A whopping 3 months?

Quote:

Whether or not she will get the chance to go forward with Daniel, or whether he'll end up with Nicole, remains to be seen. But, much like her Grandmother Alice, Jennifer seems prone to fighting for love. And for everything else

There is so much wrong with this statement. Fighting for love? You mean like how she "fought" for Jack's love last year? Oh wait...she didn't. And please never mention Jennifer and Alice's names in the same sentence again. Alice ALWAYS stood by her husband, her love for Tom never wavered. Unlike Jennifer's fickle ass who couldn't be bothered to stand by husband when he was going through hell. And as for comparing Daniel to Tom, Tom didn't screw his patients. End of story.
More like 3 dates. Her first date with Daniel was the day she got her divorce papers which was in late May and they had sex in June (I remember because it was the week of Jack's birthday - June 14:()
Online Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Partnersincrime
Oct 30 2012, 04:36 PM
She's lost Jack, and, as Melissa told us, "she knows the finality of that, that he's really never coming back this time ...."
Ugh, this just fucking pisses me off. :flipoff: Days of Our Lives!
Offline Profile Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

nocturnalblondie
Oct 30 2012, 07:46 PM
Partnersincrime
Oct 30 2012, 04:36 PM
She's lost Jack, and, as Melissa told us, "she knows the finality of that, that he's really never coming back this time ...."
Ugh, this just fucking pisses me off. :flipoff: Days of Our Lives!
If it's one thing we know about Days is that no death is ever final.
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

Okay, so I'm going to try to take a positive look at this interview, because, imo, although it's still pretty bad, it's not as bad as the interviews MR was giving last fall. If you squint, you can almost see her backing off the effusive pro-Dannifer stance she took last time. For example, we might interpret her reference to loss -- i.e., the loss of her grandmother Alice -- as maybe her way of saying that's the primary reason Jennifer got involved with Daniel in the first place.

Anyway, here are a few positives I found in this article.

-- she didn't refer to Daniel saving Jennifer's life -- something she constantly did in past interviews.
-- she didn't actually compare Dannifer to Tom and Alice, she said that Jennifer was reminded of her entire family. Well, now that could include comparisons to Mike and Robin (or Mike and April or Mike and Carrie) or Bill and just about anybody. None of those pairings was enduring and fairy-tale like. (I still don't like that she waxes poetic about Daniel as a doctor, but she's not the only one on the show with a blind spot about his unethical and sleazy proclivities.)
-- perhaps most intriguing, MR said, "Jennifer feels that, yeah, this could be someone, because of their brokenness together, that they could really relate to one another." Their brokeness together? Yep, that's romantic and a basis for a strong and lasting relationship.

As for the rest of the article, it was written in an overly dramatic way. And so much of the opinion of the author was in the text that I found it difficult at times to discern when the author was opining and when MR was talking.

In all, this was a much more pro-Jennifer article than a pro-Dannifer or pro-any-Jennifer-pairing article than others we saw last Fall.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Can they just give Jennifer that bastard doctor and get Nicole OUT of their twisted bullshit? My god...
Offline Profile Goto Top

tylerbo20

I ff all of Jen/Dan/Sami/Rafe stuff anyway...i could care less they are on this show...im just watching for Kristen/Marlena now anyway and thats starting to suck already so soon it will be gh lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

HEY asshole writers, maybe you are reading this thread and , maybe you will give a shit about what the fans actually want! But I am NOT holding my breath.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

I don't believe for one second that this is a genuine interview. TPTB know they have another disastrous Jennifer story on their hands, one that is not coming across at all the way they intended and they are starting damage control. They handed MR a set of talking points and made her explain to all us dummies exactly what Jennifer is thinking and why she is behaving the way she is. What the jackasses don't understand is that even with the helpful instruction, the story and her behavior still don't make any fucking sense and most people still hate it.

Holy crap, these people are stupid.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

I really wish, just once, that MR would admit that the only reason her character is still significant is because of J & J. If it wasn't for that Jennifer would have gone the same way as Sarah, Melissa, Mike and all the other Hortons that have been tried over the years. I'm not saying that Jennifer can only exist as part of J & J but MR should at least acknowledge that it was that supercouple pairing that is responsible for probably 90% of her fanbase. Not once does she acknowledge that she is aware that a lot of her supporters are genuinely upset at how the writers, and MR herself, have rewarded their 20 + years of loyalty.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic