Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Melissa Reeves Sony Interview
Topic Started: Oct 30 2012, 04:36 PM (7,571 Views)
bomber
Member Avatar

six
Oct 30 2012, 07:19 PM
Sorry, Camila Banus, MR else has just taken the "worst interviewee ever" crown from you. This is really just a mess, although I guess it's a good fit for the terrible story it's about.
For the trifecta we just need an interview with Shawn Christian where he says that Dr Dan aspires to demonstrate the highest possible ethical standards and if he happens to have sexual relations with his female patients, it's only because it's in their best interests - medically speaking of course. And not forgetting he is always the innocent victim when these relationships go awry.
Edited by bomber, Oct 30 2012, 09:45 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

I guess I am in the minority on this, but I love this storyline. I love Jennifer and Missy.

I am whatever about Dan. I've said before that I think on paper the character is good, but the actor brings a lot away from it. Daniel has a lot of ties to Salem, and I think he is good. He would be GREAT character-wise, with a great actor in there.

I love this storyline. I was upset about Ashford, but now that he is gone, I don't really see a void in the cast like I think will be felt by Reckell leaving. And I just wasn't digging what they were doing with Jack anyway.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

JDeveraux_91
Oct 30 2012, 05:49 PM
karoline
Oct 30 2012, 05:41 PM
What she is talking about is SO fare from what I am seing on my screen! What is she talking about??!?
I've come to the conclusion that she has no clue what the hell she's talking about in her interviews. Just like last year when she talked about being "torn" over Jack and Daniel, when her character acted anything but torn. Or when she spewed the BS about how Daniel was the first time the audience had accepted her with someone other than Jack. Huh? I saw far more acceptance for Frankie than I have ever seen for Daniel. She appears to be on another planet then the rest of us.
Frankie is a zillion times better than Dr Dan.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Romancer66

King
Oct 30 2012, 10:47 PM
I guess I am in the minority on this, but I love this storyline. I love Jennifer and Missy.

I am whatever about Dan. I've said before that I think on paper the character is good, but the actor brings a lot away from it. Daniel has a lot of ties to Salem, and I think he is good. He would be GREAT character-wise, with a great actor in there.

I love this storyline. I was upset about Ashford, but now that he is gone, I don't really see a void in the cast like I think will be felt by Reckell leaving. And I just wasn't digging what they were doing with Jack anyway.
If TIIC cared about great actors, MA would still be employed at DAYS and Jack would have been given more to do than be Jennifer's traumatized doormat. SC is mediocre at best--but they seem to think the audience thinks he's hot, which is all that matters to them, apparently.

And I think that, even on paper, Daniel is a crap character--a middle-aged surfer dude who hits on all his patients romantically and discards them like used tissues when the relationship becomes inconvenient for him? Color me unimpressed. It would be one thing if the show was letting him shine as a cad or a player; instead, he's being shoved down our throats as this noble savior, and the discrepancy between what we see and what the writers tell us about this guy is jarring in the extreme. It doesn't help that they twisted logic and medical science to make him Maggie's egg-baby, either.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

King
Oct 30 2012, 10:47 PM

There isn't much of a void since Jack died because we hadn't seen him in four months. The void was left earlier when they dropped the PTSD storyline and did the rushed J/J reunion and ushered them off-screen. and I definitely noticed a void then.

ETA Rereading the article I'm pretty sure MR says that Jennifer is angry because she is facing the loss of Daniel and she is upset because this is after losing her Grandmother (2 yrs ago), Jack (who? :sarcasm: ) and her son (who she put in boarding school). So is she saying that thiese anger issues are not a manifestation of grief over Jack but anger at the potential loss of Daniel? That's how I interpret it.
Sounds like MR sees it just like we've been saying it's playing out.
Edited by bomber, Oct 31 2012, 12:03 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AHM

Ugh.

Interesting, King, I love Jennifer too, which is why I hate this story. I can't consider this character MR is playing now to even be Jennifer, as she is pretty well devoid of all that made me love Jennifer. In fact, I haven't been very impressed with Jennifer at all since she first returned two years ago. See, I love Jennifer (and Jack), but I actually wasn't happy to hear MR was returning. I figured they'd just do more damage to her and to JnJ. And, boy, did they exceed my expectations for crappiness. I wish the last we'd seen of Jennifer was at Alice's memorial when she said something about Jack still making her laugh. I allowed myself to hope something good would come of her return when I heard that Ashford was returning, but of course they played that all wrong, and we barely even got to see Jack.

I was also annoyed by the "she lost her grandmother" line with no mention of losing Jack. Sell the "grieving for Jack drove Jennifer nuts" angle, instead of the "Jennifer loves Dan and doesn't want to lose him" angle, please! I think it's the only way to bring Jennifer out of this story without her being completely ruined.
Offline Profile Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

Romancer66
Oct 30 2012, 11:27 PM

And I think that, even on paper, Daniel is a crap character--a middle-aged surfer dude who hits on all his patients romantically and discards them like used tissues when the relationship becomes inconvenient for him? Color me unimpressed. It would be one thing if the show was letting him shine as a cad or a player; instead, he's being shoved down our throats as this noble savior, and the discrepancy between what we see and what the writers tell us about this guy is jarring in the extreme. It doesn't help that they twisted logic and medical science to make him Maggie's egg-baby, either.
LOLs.

Well, I think the character could be great.
Offline Profile Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

AHM
Oct 30 2012, 11:56 PM
Ugh.

Interesting, King, I love Jennifer too, which is why I hate this story. I can't consider this character MR is playing now to even be Jennifer, as she is pretty well devoid of all that made me love Jennifer. In fact, I haven't been very impressed with Jennifer at all since she first returned two years ago. See, I love Jennifer (and Jack), but I actually wasn't happy to hear MR was returning. I figured they'd just do more damage to her and to JnJ. And, boy, did they exceed my expectations for crappiness. I wish the last we'd seen of Jennifer was at Alice's memorial when she said something about Jack still making her laugh. I allowed myself to hope something good would come of her return when I heard that Ashford was returning, but of course they played that all wrong, and we barely even got to see Jack.

I was also annoyed by the "she lost her grandmother" line with no mention of losing Jack. Sell the "grieving for Jack drove Jennifer nuts" angle, instead of the "Jennifer loves Dan and doesn't want to lose him" angle, please! I think it's the only way to bring Jennifer out of this story without her being completely ruined.
I just don't see how I seem to be missing this whole Jennifer is acting out of character thing everyone seems to be thinking.

I mean, if she actually DID push a pregnant girl down the stairs, I'd say yes, but Nicole fell...wasn't really pushed.

I like Jen's feisty streak!
Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

King
Oct 31 2012, 01:32 AM
AHM
Oct 30 2012, 11:56 PM
Ugh.

I just don't see how I seem to be missing this whole Jennifer is acting out of character thing everyone seems to be thinking.

I mean, if she actually DID push a pregnant girl down the stairs, I'd say yes, but Nicole fell...wasn't really pushed.

I like Jen's feisty streak!
I think it's more the circumstances surrounding her anger. There is no way the real Jennifer would be chasing an old boyfriend literally days after Jack's death or continually screaming at a pregnant woman. As others have said, if Jack was at the centre of the triangle because he had implicated himself in Nicole's scheme, people would be more forgiving of her - in fact it might even be a good story (except the Jen I used to love would never harrass a pregnant woman). As it is, it comes across as Jen obsessing over an ex-lover rather than showing any grief. It is like she is proclaiming Daniel as her real love - not Jack (which,of course, is what the writers are trying to say). If Jen was "feisty" because she was protecting Jack, Abby or JJ it would be in character but sinstead she continually attacked Nicole while "protecting" a sleazy doctor who was more than capable of taking responsibility for his own actions.
Edited by bomber, Oct 31 2012, 02:07 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

lene
Oct 30 2012, 04:42 PM
Jennifer sucks.
No truer word have ever been spoken...

Jennifer is now my most hated character on the show....I simply cannot even stand the sight of her and I think Melissa Reeves is a pathetic homophobe who I have ZERO respect for.

Dannifer is the worst couple to hit this show ever!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

JamesScott_19
Oct 30 2012, 05:30 PM
Melissa, don't even try to justify how pathetic YOU and your character has become. :facepalm:
Fixed!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

talbab1994
Oct 30 2012, 06:35 PM
The character of Jennifer, I think, has been trashed just like Chloe was on this show. Personally, I believe that they need to let the character of Jennifer go off for a while and then bring her back and hopefully then we'll all recognize her as Jennifer Rose Horton.
I agree...except for the bring her back part....she needs to just stay the fuck away...my fast forward button frankly has had enough of her.
Offline Profile Goto Top

karoline
Member Avatar

Romancer66
Oct 30 2012, 06:43 PM
talbab1994
Oct 30 2012, 06:35 PM
The character of Jennifer, I think, has been trashed just like Chloe was on this show. Personally, I believe that they need to let the character of Jennifer go off for a while and then bring her back and hopefully then we'll all recognize her as Jennifer Rose Horton.
I think Jennifer needs to be sent offscreen for a while too. Because she's a mess--a jealous, obsessive, desperate, needy mess. There's precious little to choose between her and Nicole when it comes to losing their shit over a worthless, opportunistic sleaze like Daniel.
I agree with this. Up until where you wrote "And have her back ..."
The writing for Jenn has been bad, we can probably all agree on that. But writing can be horrible, but the actors can still make the character somewhat likeable. In my opinion, Melissa is not doing that. She is making me hate Jennifer even more...
Edited by karoline, Oct 31 2012, 03:48 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

reagon

I'll say it again. I think Melissa Reeves has lost whatever spark she used to have leaving Jennifer as just another drab character. Sure the writing is not good, but that applies to everyone, but she frankly is not capable of adding anymore or to bring any warmth or sympathy to her character anymore and to me, that's the actress not the writing.Plus they continue to try and write Jennifer as she is some immature 20 year old ingenue. Soaps can't writing for ingenues anymore anyway, much less one who is almost 50. I'm all for more Hortons, but bring back Nathan, bring on Sarah Horton. Jennifer is not needed.
Edited by reagon, Oct 31 2012, 06:50 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

concerned
Oct 30 2012, 11:11 PM
JDeveraux_91
Oct 30 2012, 05:49 PM
karoline
Oct 30 2012, 05:41 PM
What she is talking about is SO fare from what I am seing on my screen! What is she talking about??!?
I've come to the conclusion that she has no clue what the hell she's talking about in her interviews. Just like last year when she talked about being "torn" over Jack and Daniel, when her character acted anything but torn. Or when she spewed the BS about how Daniel was the first time the audience had accepted her with someone other than Jack. Huh? I saw far more acceptance for Frankie than I have ever seen for Daniel. She appears to be on another planet then the rest of us.
Frankie is a zillion times better than Dr Dan.
My take on Jen and Frankie was that they were a cute teen couple, but boring as adults. However, Jennifer does have a history with Frankie that included real feelings and not shallow made up bullshit and Frankie actually IS a good decent guy, unlike the sleazy, slimy, dirty and pimped Daniel. I would take Frankie in a heartbeat over Dr. Dirty. Though I would hope for his sake that Billy Warlock is smart enough to avoid Days now.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Evan
Member Avatar

MR, quit while you're ahead, there's no freaking way you'll ever convince this Jack fan to accept that Daniel is the love of Jennifer's life.
Offline Profile Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

Well, Missy ... if the story played out like you said/think it should, It would make more sense. We're getting no motivations for anyone. It looks ridiculous. This whole storyline is a joke. I almost feel sorry she has to promote it. It's ridiculous.

I would buy Jen's desperation if it were played that way. But it's not. Daniel is treated as her true love. It's sickening.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Evan
Member Avatar

Because Missy obviously doesn't give a fuck about the Jack/Jen fanbase, the very people who've supported her all these years, then I see no reason to speak up for her or her character in future. I refuse to have this actress insulting my intelligence by pimping this Dannifer crap at me. And her disrespect towards Matt Ashford is shockingly blatant.
If there's another serial killer SL, can Jennifer please be the first victim?
Offline Profile Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Evan
Oct 31 2012, 08:10 AM
Because Missy obviously doesn't give a fuck about the Jack/Jen fanbase, the very people who've supported her all these years, then I see no reason to speak up for her or her character in future. I refuse to have this actress insulting my intelligence by pimping this Dannifer crap at me. And her disrespect towards Matt Ashford is shockingly blatant.
If there's another serial killer SL, can Jennifer please be the first victim?
This is why, as much as I want Jack back I never, ever want him with Jennifer again. Jack deserves better than that fickle bitch and Matt deserves to work with someone who respects him.
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Oct 31 2012, 08:19 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

nolagirl
Member Avatar

Daysdegrassi
Oct 30 2012, 05:10 PM
concerned
Oct 30 2012, 04:52 PM
Can they make their minds up? Is it Safe or Dannifer that are the new Tom & Alice?
Dannifer are the new Tom and Alice, Safe are the new Bo and Hope. That's what they're thinking.
:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: I'm sorry where you serious, or should I say is Tomlin???? :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic