Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Melissa Reeves Sony Interview
Topic Started: Oct 30 2012, 04:36 PM (7,753 Views)
LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

OMG Guinevere, you siggy.....he is so beautiful :wub: :wub: :wub:
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

One of the many problems here is that there are seven stages of grief (shock/disbelief; denial; anger; bargaining; guilt; depression, acceptance/hope) and we never really got to see either Jennifer or Abigail go through them. We saw a little bit of shock. But there should have been much more denial. As many times as Jack has been declared dead, there should have been much more questioning and doubt -- especially from Jennifer who's an experience journalist and Abigail who is a budding one. We've seen lots of anger from both. But it's not appropriately directed (more about Daniel and Nicole than about Jack).

Weirdest of all is that Jennifer seemed to go straight to acceptance. She skipped over many of the others, the most important of which is guilt. She should have shown a lot more guilt about how she'd treated Jack; the time she'd wasted; guilt that they hadn't remarried sooner, guilt that their son had missed out on more time with his dad -- all kinds of guilt. Also, both Jennifer and Abigail should have shown more guilt about how Jack died. Whether it's true or not, they could have lamented that if only they'd done things differently, he'd still be here. We got none of that.

Yes, it's true that everyone processes grief differently. But without more to go on, we are left with a poorly painted portrait of grief. Jennifer has already cried more for herself (in jail) and for Daniel than she did in the last two years for Jack -- both after learning about his PTSD and after his death. It's offensive and off-putting.

Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

granolagirl
Oct 31 2012, 02:24 PM
Were Jack and Jennifer actually married when he died? There are problems with this story, but with Jennifer and Dan's relationship last year, and her seeming like she was going through the motions with Jack to some extent, it's sort of believable that she would turn back to Dan to me. I think Jennifer's anger may be coming from pressure to feel things that she doesn't. Girlfriend is definitely a mess, though. Why Marlena is seeing a psychiatrist and she is not...
Re: bolded... It does seem that way, and it did cross my mind to wonder whether the writers were setting it up this way.

For example, they were very careful to not have Jennifer talk with any real feeling about how much she loved Jack. She talks more about how much Abby and JJ loved him. Or she'll toss off a "of course, I loved him" line when pressed in conversation. But it's all been downplayed.

More than once, I thought the writers who killed Jack off were carefully orchestrating it in such a way that they can have Jennifer confess later that she never really got over Daniel and that her decision to reunite with Jack was more about obligation than about love. Usually, I'd say these writers aren't capable of carefully orchestrating anything. But when it comes to their favorites i.e., Daniel and Dannifer, who knows?

Offline Profile Goto Top

trojangal
Member Avatar

This cracks me up for so many reasons lol
Whether or not she will get the chance to go forward with Daniel, or whether he'll end up with Nicole, remains to be seen. But, much like her Grandmother Alice, Jennifer seems prone to fighting for love. And for everything else
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

At this point... any time I see the words "Melissa Reeves" and "interview" together, this is pretty much me:

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Guinevere
Member Avatar
Salem needs Jack Deveraux. Bring Back Matthew Ashford.

^ And if she does eventually admit this well that will just make it so much better :sarcasm: That is actually worse to me because I find nothing self sacrificing in that..because it was HER choice to bully Jack into a reunion. Jack would never have wanted her that way..he would've rather lived his life without her than have her with him only through obligation. It's not like it effected her children if their parents were together - Abby is an adult and JJ doesn't even live with them (and if you ignore what is the obvious SORasing coming up they were apart as much as they were together during his lifetime). I just find that excuse bogus. As usual it's just all about her feelings and needs and that's part of what is wrong with this current version of Jennifer (aside from St Daniel she cares about nobody or nothing else).

Edit: Guess I type too slow this is in response to annie's post.
Edited by Guinevere, Oct 31 2012, 03:37 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

Speaking of Jennifer being selfish... I did think it was interesting how MR referred to JJ. In talking about Jennifer's loss, she said that JJ doesn't live at home anymore. OMG! Whose choice is that? She came back to Salem after leaving her son (we don't know how old he is, but he's underage and in school) in Europe. And the only time she visited him was after Jack's death. That is one "loss" that has been totally attributable to Jennifer herself -- and one that is completely reversible at any moment. Sheesh!

Offline Profile Goto Top

Guinevere
Member Avatar

Good point. She visited as many times as Jack did in the last 2 years..and he spent a year of that kidnapped and the last 2 months dead. I'd have thought that Jack's death would be the thing to make her want her son with her. The fact she left him alone to grieve after spreading Jack's ashes says alot too. Even if he didn't want to come to Salem she should've either made him or stayed with him in London (or wherever he's supposed to be living now).
Offline Profile Goto Top

Guinevere
Member Avatar

Oops double post.
Edited by Guinevere, Oct 31 2012, 03:55 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

annie21
Oct 31 2012, 03:44 PM
Speaking of Jennifer being selfish... I did think it was interesting how MR referred to JJ. In talking about Jennifer's loss, she said that JJ doesn't live at home anymore. OMG! Whose choice is that? She came back to Salem after leaving her son (we don't know how old he is, but he's underage and in school) in Europe. And the only time she visited him was after Jack's death. That is one "loss" that has been totally attributable to Jennifer herself -- and one that is completely reversible at any moment. Sheesh!

I say bring on a teenage hellion Jack Jr., out to get revenge for his dad on his hateful mother and her dimwitted, sleazy boyfriend. He could be the new Sami, just making their lives miserable for the pure satisfaction of it.
Edited by Honeybees, Oct 31 2012, 04:10 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

annie21
Oct 31 2012, 03:16 PM
granolagirl
Oct 31 2012, 02:24 PM
Were Jack and Jennifer actually married when he died? There are problems with this story, but with Jennifer and Dan's relationship last year, and her seeming like she was going through the motions with Jack to some extent, it's sort of believable that she would turn back to Dan to me. I think Jennifer's anger may be coming from pressure to feel things that she doesn't. Girlfriend is definitely a mess, though. Why Marlena is seeing a psychiatrist and she is not...
Re: bolded... It does seem that way, and it did cross my mind to wonder whether the writers were setting it up this way.

For example, they were very careful to not have Jennifer talk with any real feeling about how much she loved Jack. She talks more about how much Abby and JJ loved him. Or she'll toss off a "of course, I loved him" line when pressed in conversation. But it's all been downplayed.

More than once, I thought the writers who killed Jack off were carefully orchestrating it in such a way that they can have Jennifer confess later that she never really got over Daniel and that her decision to reunite with Jack was more about obligation than about love. Usually, I'd say these writers aren't capable of carefully orchestrating anything. But when it comes to their favorites i.e., Daniel and Dannifer, who knows?

If they did this I would be really upset. They tried to make Dan Jen's choice last year and viewers got so upset that they had to rewrite the story. If Tomlin is so arrogant that he writes it that Jen was actually always in love with Dan and not Jack then I will be really pissed. Killing Jack was bad enough, but I don't want to think that one of soap's greatest love stories ended with Jen admitting she only reunited with him out of pity. I'm sorry but the good doctor's magic penis really can't be that amazing!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Helpless Romantic

Just read this: "Melissa Reeves (Jennifer) will be leaving the show this fall."
Not sure what to make of it but I saw it at the TVmegasite, you just have to scroll down to the bottom.
http://tvmegasite.net/day/days/cast.shtml#Comings
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Oct 31 2012, 04:58 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

Helpless Romantic
Oct 31 2012, 04:56 PM
Not sure what to make of it but I saw it at the TVmegasite, you just have to scroll down to the bottom.
That's weird. especially with those JJ auditions going on. Recast?

ETA I think that report might be based on the unfounded rumour months ago that said she wasn't going to renew her contract in September. We know she's still filming now and with those JJ auditions, i think it's not true.
Edited by bomber, Oct 31 2012, 05:04 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Guinevere
Member Avatar

That's false..it came up a few months ago and since she didn't leave when her contract was up then there's nothing in it. I think that is someone taking the story from 2006 where she quit and confusing it with now (IMO).
Offline Profile Goto Top

Helpless Romantic

bomber
Oct 31 2012, 05:01 PM
Helpless Romantic
Not sure but everything else in their comings and goings section is true so I don't see why this wouldn't be.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Helpless Romantic

Guinevere
Oct 31 2012, 05:03 PM
That's false..it came up a few months ago and since she didn't leave when her contract was up then there's nothing in it. I think that is someone taking the story from 2006 where she quit and confusing it with now (IMO).
Thanks, so she definately renewed her contract then? It sucks. I guess their plan is to use Chloe as angst for damnifer :x after Nicole is eased out. This show blows. :flipoff:
Edited by Helpless Romantic, Oct 31 2012, 05:10 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Guinevere
Member Avatar

What I meant was she didn't leave when her contract was presumed to be up..but I think Jason said it is next year when it ends (3yr contract)
Offline Profile Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Guinevere
Oct 31 2012, 03:27 PM
^ And if she does eventually admit this well that will just make it so much better :sarcasm: That is actually worse to me because I find nothing self sacrificing in that..because it was HER choice to bully Jack into a reunion. Jack would never have wanted her that way..he would've rather lived his life without her than have her with him only through obligation. It's not like it effected her children if their parents were together - Abby is an adult and JJ doesn't even live with them (and if you ignore what is the obvious SORasing coming up they were apart as much as they were together during his lifetime). I just find that excuse bogus. As usual it's just all about her feelings and needs and that's part of what is wrong with this current version of Jennifer (aside from St Daniel she cares about nobody or nothing else).

Edit: Guess I type too slow this is in response to annie's post.
Oh if that happens Jennifer will look like a heartless cunt. After what happened with Jack & Kayla, if they dare go this route they can pretty much forget about ever redeeming Jennifer.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Evan
Member Avatar

I suppose they're bringing in Jack Jnr to validate Dannifer even more - ie. Jack Jnr embraces Daniel as a replacement for his father, the Devereux kids urge their mother to marry Daniel(because it's what their father would have wanted) etc.
Tomlin is so predictable. :$
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

Helpless Romantic
Oct 31 2012, 05:04 PM
bomber
Oct 31 2012, 05:01 PM
Helpless Romantic
Not sure but everything else in their comings and goings section is true so I don't see why this wouldn't be.
I suppose it technically could still happen. There's a little over a month left in the Fall. They could bring JJ on in the next couple of weeks and have him be the one who ushers Jennifer off the show -- or maybe Dannifer, Abby and JJ all sail off into the sunset together. All kinds of possibilities, I guess.

Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic