Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Melissa Reeves Sony Interview
Topic Started: Oct 30 2012, 04:36 PM (7,817 Views)
NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Helpless Romantic
Oct 31 2012, 04:56 PM
Just read this: "Melissa Reeves (Jennifer) will be leaving the show this fall."
Not sure what to make of it but I saw it at the TVmegasite, you just have to scroll down to the bottom.
http://tvmegasite.net/day/days/cast.shtml#Comings
I wish that was true. :(
Offline Profile Goto Top

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

As much as I hate Jennifer right now, I'd rather they get rid of Daniel and attempt to rebuild her destroyed character.
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

Actually, that is another scenario that could play out. SC's contract is up in March. If it isn't renewed, they could have Daniel see how upset JJ is and decide to "sacrifice himself" and give up Jennifer so she won't have conflict with her son. His sacrifice might be to "settle" for Chloe, taking her and Parker off to some hardship location like Hawaii or somewhere. Of course, they'll probably have Jennifer be broken-hearted and pine away inconsolably for him until MR's contract is up or she decides to leave.

Offline Profile Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

So they're casting JJ?
Offline Profile Goto Top

happy
Member Avatar

Helpless Romantic
Not sure what to make of it but I saw it at the TVmegasite, you just have to scroll down to the bottom.
Helpless Romantic, you got me so excited. Very cruel. Unintentional, I know, but cruel. Oh well.

I hate Jennifer. I hate MR. And I hate TPTB. They have destroyed Jennifer so utterly that I no longer want to see a J&J reunion. Ever. I never want to see MR or Jennifer Horton again. Which is why I am so relieved I am no longer watching this show.

Sorry to hear this disgusting Dannifer propping is now destroying Nicole as well. I hope she gets out of the Dannifer hole of suck soon. What a waste of AZ!! She is 100x better as an actress than puking MR.

Hope Dannifer gets their happy ending and rides off into the sunset and away from this show. How much longer until T/W are fired? TIIC are idiots.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

annie21
Oct 31 2012, 06:46 PM
Actually, that is another scenario that could play out. SC's contract is up in March. If it isn't renewed, they could have Daniel see how upset JJ is and decide to "sacrifice himself" and give up Jennifer so she won't have conflict with her son. His sacrifice might be to "settle" for Chloe, taking her and Parker off to some hardship location like Hawaii or somewhere. Of course, they'll probably have Jennifer be broken-hearted and pine away inconsolably for him until MR's contract is up or she decides to leave.

Does that mean Jen will confess to another murder to keep him in town?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Guinevere
Member Avatar
Salem needs Jack Deveraux. Bring Back Matthew Ashford.

I wish she'd let Jack go off on his book tour now instead of guilting him into staying in Salem. At least he'd be alive and well and not having his memory disrespected. Maybe even living a new exciting life with someone who appreciated him. I wish he could see her now..though he'd probably refuse to see what most of us see. I hate that Jack died probably thinking of her yet she hasn't bothered sparing him a second thought - except to excuse her disgusting behaviour.
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

bomber
Oct 31 2012, 04:30 PM
annie21
Oct 31 2012, 03:16 PM
granolagirl
Oct 31 2012, 02:24 PM
Were Jack and Jennifer actually married when he died? There are problems with this story, but with Jennifer and Dan's relationship last year, and her seeming like she was going through the motions with Jack to some extent, it's sort of believable that she would turn back to Dan to me. I think Jennifer's anger may be coming from pressure to feel things that she doesn't. Girlfriend is definitely a mess, though. Why Marlena is seeing a psychiatrist and she is not...
Re: bolded... It does seem that way, and it did cross my mind to wonder whether the writers were setting it up this way.

For example, they were very careful to not have Jennifer talk with any real feeling about how much she loved Jack. She talks more about how much Abby and JJ loved him. Or she'll toss off a "of course, I loved him" line when pressed in conversation. But it's all been downplayed.

More than once, I thought the writers who killed Jack off were carefully orchestrating it in such a way that they can have Jennifer confess later that she never really got over Daniel and that her decision to reunite with Jack was more about obligation than about love. Usually, I'd say these writers aren't capable of carefully orchestrating anything. But when it comes to their favorites i.e., Daniel and Dannifer, who knows?

If they did this I would be really upset. They tried to make Dan Jen's choice last year and viewers got so upset that they had to rewrite the story. If Tomlin is so arrogant that he writes it that Jen was actually always in love with Dan and not Jack then I will be really pissed. Killing Jack was bad enough, but I don't want to think that one of soap's greatest love stories ended with Jen admitting she only reunited with him out of pity. I'm sorry but the good doctor's magic penis really can't be that amazing!
Unfortunately, I think Tomlin really is that arrogant.

Back in early 2011, when he was in charge (EP) and they first put Jennifer and Daniel together, there wasn't that much backlash. JnJ fans did not come out in force to express their outrage. Meanwhile, Dannifer started to pick up fans. So, from his perspective, Dannifer was pretty popular in summer 2011 when he was fired. The way he likely sees it is that the real backlash came when (a) Jack came back and (b) MarDar screwed everything up. He probably thinks he is such a great writer that he can fix it all by killing off Jack and reverting back to the same kinds of "cute" scenes and manufactured angst he was overseing a year ago.

He is probably betting on the likelihood that the JnJ/Jack/MA fans will fade away (or be converted) and the Dannifer fans will grow and thrive in great numbers due to his brilliant storytelling.

Either that, or he's just writing to please himself and he really doesn't give a thought one way or the other to what viewers think.

Offline Profile Goto Top

KweenBoda
Member Avatar

I haven't watch the last 2 fucking days because of the Dannifer shitfest!!! Her mooning and crying over a fucking man already. Gary Tomln is a straight out fucking idiot in thinking that this is what viewers want to see, a woman turned into a shallow cold whore lusting after a man not even 2 months after her husbands death..he needs to wake the fuck up and see what he's done.
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

trojangal
Oct 31 2012, 03:25 PM
This cracks me up for so many reasons lol
Whether or not she will get the chance to go forward with Daniel, or whether he'll end up with Nicole, remains to be seen. But, much like her Grandmother Alice, Jennifer seems prone to fighting for love. And for everything else
Yeah, this was total hyperbole on the part of the writer.

If only this third-run Jennifer had fought for love -- for her husband and children, instead of pursuing this obsession she has for a man she barely knows -- then she might not only deserve comparison to Alice, but she might actually resemble the real character of Jennifer -- the one we used to know.

Unfortunately, the main thing this Jennifer has in common with her Grandmother Alice these days is the fact that they each lost their beloved husbands. Well, that, and maybe her wardrobe.

Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

annie21
Nov 1 2012, 10:10 AM
trojangal
Oct 31 2012, 03:25 PM
This cracks me up for so many reasons lol
Whether or not she will get the chance to go forward with Daniel, or whether he'll end up with Nicole, remains to be seen. But, much like her Grandmother Alice, Jennifer seems prone to fighting for love. And for everything else
Yeah, this was total hyperbole on the part of the writer.

If only this third-run Jennifer had fought for love -- for her husband and children, instead of pursuing this obsession she has for a man she barely knows -- then she might not only deserve comparison to Alice, but she might actually resemble the real character of Jennifer -- the one we used to know.

Unfortunately, the main thing this Jennifer has in common with her Grandmother Alice these days is the fact that they each lost their beloved husbands. Well, that, and maybe her wardrobe.

What else has Jen ever had to fight for? She's always been the golden girl. Sure her Mom went nuts but she always had strong family around her. Her career pretty well dropped into her lap, she's never had to fight for a man - every single guy she's been involved in has always done the chasing (except maybe at the start of J/J). I guess if you go right back, there was Abby's illness. Compared to Nicole and most other soap characters, her life has been a doddle.
Edited by bomber, Nov 1 2012, 01:07 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

#1DaysFan
Member Avatar
my prince ❤

Hopeless_Dreamer
Oct 30 2012, 04:51 PM
Are they really trying to compare Bitchifer to Alice Horton? :shame: What a fucking joke.
It's an insult to Alice Horton.
Offline Profile Goto Top

nolagirl
Member Avatar

Helpless Romantic
Is SC mentioned as well??? Please soap gods let it be so.... :P
Offline Profile Goto Top

nolagirl
Member Avatar

bomber
Oct 31 2012, 05:01 PM
Helpless Romantic
That's weird. especially with those JJ auditions going on. Recast?

ETA I think that report might be based on the unfounded rumour months ago that said she wasn't going to renew her contract in September. We know she's still filming now and with those JJ auditions, i think it's not true.
Bummer - Bomber
Offline Profile Goto Top

jackjenfan
Member Avatar

I hope she's going. Jennipoo then can take her danny boy with her.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

#1DaysFan
Nov 1 2012, 01:33 PM
Hopeless_Dreamer
Are they really trying to compare Bitchifer to Alice Horton? :shame: What a fucking joke.
Gotta say I love your banner and avie. :wub:
Goto Top

#1DaysFan
Member Avatar
my prince ❤

Hopeless_Dreamer
Nov 1 2012, 03:47 PM
#1DaysFan
Nov 1 2012, 01:33 PM
Hopeless_Dreamer
Gotta say I love your banner and avie. :wub:
Why, thank you! (:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Guinevere
Oct 31 2012, 07:33 PM
I wish she'd let Jack go off on his book tour now instead of guilting him into staying in Salem. At least he'd be alive and well and not having his memory disrespected. Maybe even living a new exciting life with someone who appreciated him. I wish he could see her now..though he'd probably refuse to see what most of us see. I hate that Jack died probably thinking of her yet she hasn't bothered sparing him a second thought - except to excuse her disgusting behaviour.
You know this is a good point. Maybe Jennifer will start feeling guilty about that sometime soon.
She can go around telling everyone that Daniel saved her life, but she can twist it up and say, he made her go back to back to Jack , because he didn't tell me that he still love me and if he did, then maybe the father of my children would still be alive.

It would be a hard SL to create, but probably up TomSell's alley of writing disbelieving shit.

You know how much I hate the use of "he was/is the father of my children" :blah:
Edited by Dreamer, Nov 1 2012, 04:59 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic