Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, November 1st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 31 2012, 01:24 PM (7,718 Views)
BeeBee
Member Avatar

concerned
Nov 1 2012, 09:40 PM
lysie
Nov 1 2012, 09:33 PM
So really. Gabi's just going to get to walk around preaching to people and hanging out in HTS and no one is ever going to know about what she did. And her butt is MASSIVE. HOLY CRAP.
So really. Gabi's just going to get to walk around preaching to people and hanging out in HTS and no one is ever going to know about what she did.

Exactly...
It's not as if everyone has been punished appropriately for their misdeeds.Since Gabi did not personally kill anyone or attempt to kill anyone,just add Gabi's name to the long list of those who have gotten away with murder,attempted murder,or some lesser crime.Stefano,Kristin,EJ,Kate,Sami,Will,etc anyone?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Dan to Jennifer:You dragged Maggie into this again.Jennifer:You wouldn't listen to me so I had to do something.Dan:You know what you should do? You should live your own life and stay the hell out of mine.Dan to Maggie:You too.Just let it go,both of you.
This is the first time I have liked Dan since he and Nicole did the deed on the desk in his office.And as usual when they share scenes ,my dislike for Jennifer increased ten fold especially after her last statement about doing something else after he told her to stay out of his life.Get Jennifer off my screen.Am also starting to dislike Maggie more although she did say even she has seen Daniel as a predatory jerk.

annie21

BeeBee
Nov 2 2012, 12:06 PM
Dan to Jennifer:You dragged Maggie into this again.Jennifer:You wouldn't listen to me so I had to do something.Dan:You know what you should do? You should live your own life and stay the hell out of mine.Dan to Maggie:You too.Just let it go,both of you.
This is the first time I have liked Dan since he and Nicole did the deed on the desk in his office.And as usual when they share scenes ,my dislike for Jennifer increased ten fold especially after her last statement about doing something else after he told her to stay out of his life.Get Jennifer off my screen.Am also starting to dislike Maggie more although she did say even she has seen Daniel as a predatory jerk.
The reason Maggie saw Daniel as a predatory jerk is because he IS a predatory jerk. Just because she (and Jennifer) see him differently doesn't change that fact. Even he is admitting it in a roundabout way -- but the show is telling us that's because he's so self-sacrificing and compassionate. Again, doesn't change the "predatory jerk" part.

lysie
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Nov 2 2012, 11:31 AM
concerned
Nov 1 2012, 09:40 PM
lysie
Nov 1 2012, 09:33 PM
So really. Gabi's just going to get to walk around preaching to people and hanging out in HTS and no one is ever going to know about what she did. And her butt is MASSIVE. HOLY CRAP.
So really. Gabi's just going to get to walk around preaching to people and hanging out in HTS and no one is ever going to know about what she did.

Exactly...
It's not as if everyone has been punished appropriately for their misdeeds.Since Gabi did not personally kill anyone or attempt to kill anyone,just add Gabi's name to the long list of those who have gotten away with murder,attempted murder,or some lesser crime.Stefano,Kristin,EJ,Kate,Sami,Will,etc anyone?
I didn't say a thing about punishment.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

esp13
Nov 2 2012, 09:12 AM
LonePirate
Nov 2 2012, 08:28 AM
JessicaLeigh
Nov 2 2012, 07:02 AM
Super smart scientist Nick now thinks homosexuality is a choice? Horse shit. I'm fine with someone expressing this view so the show can tackle it in intelligent, realistic terms, but Nick isn't the right person to be expressing it in my opinion. (The idea that anyone thinks it's a choice is very sad - in addition to being flat out wrong it also makes no sense, because no one in their right mind would choose an identity that means they may face discrimination, second-class citizen status or worse - but plenty of people still believe it so it shouldn't be ignored IMO. Roman would have been the better choice to express something like this.)
Yeah, Roman would have been a better character to express the choice/religion viewpoint. However, there is no way these writers (or maybe any writers) could have pulled off a believable story where Roman dates his grandson's baby mama.
I don't know, people find religion all the time. Just because Nick was Mr. Scientist doesn't mean he's immune to religion. Nor does being a scientist mean you can't be religious. Maybe there were other things that happened to Nick in prison that leads him to believe homosexuality is a choice. After all, statistics show that the vast majority of homosexual behavior in prison comes from heterosexual men.

I'm actually glad the show put the religion/choice angle out there so it can be addressed. And if anybody can find a way to pull it all off in a meaningful way, it's Blake. Other characters might have been more obvious choices, but I'm not sure any of them have the chops to keep it from being something other than a cartoon stereotype. Whatever happens with Nick, it won't be that.
I agree that being a scientist doesn't mean you can't be religious. What I had in mind were the numerous studies that have been conducted over the years that have demonstrated that homosexuality is not a choice. I would think that as a scientist Nick would be aware of them. I wasn't even really addressing Nick's religiosity. He can be religious and at the same time be aware that believing homosexuality is a choice doesn't make sense. I don't think those things are mutually exclusive either.

I was actually anticipating for a minute that he might tell Gabi that his apprehension about WilSon's sexuality might be because of some kind of sexual assault he experienced in prison or something. That could have been interesting.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply