Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Y&R: November Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 31 2012, 06:59 PM (9,371 Views)
3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Oh boy, the ratings just continue to plummet! while the other shows are improving. That's sad.
Offline Profile Goto Top

sonemfan4life

3WishGenie
Nov 20 2012, 05:04 PM
Oh boy, the ratings just continue to plummet! while the other shows are improving. That's sad.
Actually Y&R gained recently in 24-54 which is a key demo as did all the CBS Daytime shows
Offline Profile Goto Top

Queen B
Member Avatar

3WishGenie
Nov 20 2012, 05:04 PM
I know and I honestly don't understand it, I've been enjoying the show more now then I have in a really long time
Offline Profile Goto Top

Only1Way
Member Avatar

If It were someone like Chelsea, that did the same thing as Sharon did, they'd be rioting in the streets to throw her in the brig. Christ, her clothes must still smell like smoke.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

^Funny considering that's how MAB had everyone treat Sharon over the past two years...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Queen B
Member Avatar

Only1Way
Nov 20 2012, 06:43 PM
If It were someone like Chelsea, that did the same thing as Sharon did, they'd be rioting in the streets to throw her in the brig. Christ, her clothes must still smell like smoke.
Yes, we would. Who gives a fuck about Chelsea? Shes been on Y&R for what..a year? and we're supposed to care if she has a mental breakdown? Give me one reason to be invested in this character. Sharon has been on the show for almost 20 years, so yeah I am rooting for her and I do think she deserves all the butt kissing in the world from these writers.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Queen B
Member Avatar

Shick
Nov 20 2012, 06:59 PM
^Funny considering that's how MAB had everyone treat Sharon over the past two years...
Yeah exactly, and now that shes finally aloud to spend time with her children and feel good about herself the haters aren't happy. Well Sharon and her fan base deserve this redemption storyline and it feels like the old Y&R again to see Sharon at home with her kids. I don't even care if Nick is even in the picture again because I'm happy with this, I just hope Nick can soften towards her a bit more like Noah has.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Petunia

Queen B
Nov 20 2012, 07:13 PM
Only1Way
Yes, we would. Who gives a fuck about Chelsea? Shes been on Y&R for what..a year? and we're supposed to care if she has a mental breakdown? Give me one reason to be invested in this character. Sharon has been on the show for almost 20 years, so yeah I am rooting for her and I do think she deserves all the butt kissing in the world from these writers.
I've been watching this soap for awhile and i still can't stand Sharon or Phylis...why should the writers kiss Sharon's butt??? :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Shick
Member Avatar

Petunia
Nov 20 2012, 07:30 PM
Queen B
Nov 20 2012, 07:13 PM
Only1Way
I've been watching this soap for awhile and i still can't stand Sharon or Phylis...why should the writers kiss Sharon's butt??? :shrug:
Because she took the most shit from the previous writing regimes. They took the character, more than any other, and tried to ruin her completely.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Only1Way
Member Avatar

Ok, instead of Chelsea, what if it had been Jill or Katherine?
They say she's going to hit rock bottom. She hasn't. She's just touching the muck and loon shit above the rocks.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Shick
Member Avatar

I say she's hit rock bottom, and that's good enough for ME as the writers build her back up on-screen :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

Queen B
Member Avatar

Only1Way
Nov 20 2012, 10:22 PM
Ok, instead of Chelsea, what if it had been Jill or Katherine?
They say she's going to hit rock bottom. She hasn't. She's just touching the muck and loon shit above the rocks.
Jill, Katherine, any of the lead females on this show INCLUDING Phyllis! Yes I said it. It would bother me if Phyllis was being written out of character because these characters have a personality with many different layers when they were first brought on the show and no writer should be fucking with that.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Queen B
Member Avatar

I don't know if you've seen in other threads when I'm bitching about the writing for Jill but that's another character that was thrown under the bus during MAB's tenure. Jill is supposed to be a stuck up bitch who doesn't take shit from anyone, and over the past few years she has been written as a desperate frumpy old bag.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Queen B
Member Avatar

Half the people on the show right now should be bipolar lol but Sharon is the one who needs the most work after the number they did on her character
Offline Profile Goto Top

Only1Way
Member Avatar

I know some watch Y&R to see Sharon hit the bottom because she is doing it so good. They like to see the shattered and scattered Sharon just as they like seeing pathetic Kevin or sappy Avery or slutty Phyllis. See, I said something that wasn't pro-Phyllis. When they give us the bright and shiny new Sharon, some people might not like that one. Some don't want to see Phack either.
Too each their own.
Just sayin!
Offline Profile Goto Top

sonemfan4life

Queen B
Nov 21 2012, 09:44 AM
I don't know if you've seen in other threads when I'm bitching about the writing for Jill but that's another character that was thrown under the bus during MAB's tenure. Jill is supposed to be a stuck up bitch who doesn't take shit from anyone, and over the past few years she has been written as a desperate frumpy old bag .
And she was wearing them too as a part of her wardrobe!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Shick
Member Avatar

And some people didn't like that Phyllis got away with a hit and run, but we were told to suck it up and move the hell on. same situation now with Sharon burning down the ranch. Most likely she won't face real prison time due to her mental illness. Too bad so sad...
Edited by Shick, Nov 21 2012, 11:36 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Well, I for one am ready to move on from all this crap. I want shiny new SL that are going to hold my interest! :soapbox: I'll admit there have been improvements to the show but the overall writing is still on life support. The way they closed out MAB's stuff was just disjointed and full of holes, so many things didn't make sense! oh well, let's see what they come up with now that its all done. I suppose the next big event is the Niktor wedding, except there has been no mention of it lately. And weren't they supposed to move into the penthouse? They are still at the club. :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

sonemfan4life

Niktor was not supposed to move into a penthouse. They are waiting for the ranch to be rebuilt
Offline Profile Goto Top

Only1Way
Member Avatar

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY

Posted Image
Edited by Only1Way, Nov 21 2012, 06:52 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic