Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Y&R: November Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 31 2012, 06:59 PM (9,745 Views)
Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

sonemfan4life
Nov 20 2012, 08:45 AM
Sharon is one of the only ones on this show that actually does time in jail. She was in jail for what felt like forever last year.

Nikki should be in jail for murder but she didn't even get community service and her only excuse was that she was drunk.

Look at Phyllis walking free among us after trying to run down Christine.
Nikki killed dianne in self defense, drunk wasn't even ever used as an excuse, dianne attacked nikki, you don't get jail time for self defense.
Phyliss spent time in jail, so did nick, nikki, victor, jack, they need an entire Newman/abbott wing in that jail.
Mikey spent time in jail too, Paul did not for raping Chris who apparently forgives men who rape or attempt to rape her and marries them.
I don't remember if she actually married mikey but they were engaged.
Sharon should get mental help, she shouldn't have been in jail the last time, that whole trial and charges were so bogus they should have been embarrassed to air it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Happy Thanksgiving all!
Edited by Sammie Jo, Nov 21 2012, 07:41 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

sonemfan4life

Sammie Jo
Nov 21 2012, 07:38 PM
sonemfan4life
Sharon is one of the only ones on this show that actually does time in jail. She was in jail for what felt like forever last year.

Nikki should be in jail for murder but she didn't even get community service and her only excuse was that she was drunk.

Nikki killed dianne in self defense, drunk wasn't even ever used as an excuse, dianne attacked nikki, you don't get jail time for self defense.
Phyliss spent time in jail, so did nick, nikki, victor, jack, they need an entire Newman/abbott wing in that jail.
Mikey spent time in jail too, Paul did not for raping Chris who apparently forgives men who rape or attempt to rape her and marries them.
Sharon should get mental help, she shouldn't have been in jail the last time, that whole trial and charges were so bogus they should have been embarrassed to air it.
She hit her too many times for it to be called self defense. Long after Diane was dead she kept hitting her. And factor in her being drunk at the time no way would a jury have let her get off on self defense. It was ridiculous that the police just let her go but Deacon got sent to prison for hiding evidence. Nikki would've at least had community service.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

sonemfan4life
Nov 22 2012, 01:27 AM
Sammie Jo
sonemfan4life

She hit her too many times for it to be called self defense. Long after Diane was dead she kept hitting her. And factor in her being drunk at the time no way would a jury have let her get off on self defense. It was ridiculous that the police just let her go but Deacon got sent to prison for hiding evidence. Nikki would've at least had community service.
when it's self defense, it's self defense, there is no set amount of times that you can hit someone. If someone was attacking me, I wouldn't stop until I was sure they were dead as a doornail.
No way a jury would have convicted her, if you attack someone first, and you get killed, too bad.
Offline Profile Goto Top

sonemfan4life

Sammie Jo
Nov 22 2012, 10:20 AM
sonemfan4life
Sammie Jo
sonemfan4life

when it's self defense, it's self defense, there is no set amount of times that you can hit someone. If someone was attacking me, I wouldn't stop until I was sure they were dead as a doornail.
No way a jury would have convicted her, if you attack someone first, and you get killed, too bad.
Actually yes there is. The police are very specific about what they call self defense. Even if it's just a fight. If someone hits you and you hit them back more than once you can get charged with assault.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Queen B
Member Avatar

I'm watching the classic Y&R episode. Heather Tom was amazing as Victoria! and young Cassie with Sharon was so precious, they had one of the best mother/daughter relationships
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

sonemfan4life
Nov 22 2012, 11:55 AM
Sammie Jo
sonemfan4life
Sammie Jo

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Actually yes there is. The police are very specific about what they call self defense. Even if it's just a fight. If someone hits you and you hit them back more than once you can get charged with assault.
No, you are wrong, self defense is you keep up until the other person can't attack you any longer.
Offline Profile Goto Top

sonemfan4life

Sammie Jo
Nov 23 2012, 09:50 AM
sonemfan4life
Sammie Jo
sonemfan4life

No, you are wrong, self defense is you keep up until the other person can't attack you any longer.
No you are wrong. Trust I have first hand experience in what is determined self defense.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Queen B
Member Avatar

sonemfan4life
Nov 23 2012, 10:57 AM
Sammie Jo
sonemfan4life
Sammie Jo

No you are wrong. Trust I have first hand experience in what is determined self defense.
I agree with you. Murdering someone isn't justified just because the person was attacking you, you need a real good reason
Offline Profile Goto Top

Queen B
Member Avatar

Also, a fat bitch like Nikki should of been able to tame Diane's skronny ass without killing the bitch. Nikki was obviously drunk and vicious and went after Diane
Offline Profile Goto Top

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Queen B
Nov 22 2012, 04:49 PM
I'm watching the classic Y&R episode. Heather Tom was amazing as Victoria! and young Cassie with Sharon was so precious, they had one of the best mother/daughter relationships
I watched it too! The good old days!! Cassie was so sweet. I hope Faith turns out like her and not like her obnoxious sister Summer.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Wow, SoapNet is re-airing the 2002 Victor/Nikki wedding right now. I don't think they've ever done this in the past to match CBS' scheduling of old episodes.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

sonemfan4life
Nov 23 2012, 10:57 AM
Sammie Jo
sonemfan4life
Sammie Jo

your case isn't the end all, be all, and every state has different laws. I can assure you that if someone attacks me I won't stop until they're not breathing, and nothing is going to happen to me at all, and I know cases where this has happened, nikki was perfectly within her rights.
Offline Profile Goto Top

sonemfan4life

I don't know what state you live in but the people do not just get excused for murder without a trial. And they even pointed out Nikki's drunk ass kept hitting Diane with the rock long after she was dead. All Diane did was try to stab her with a syringe full of something that would paralyze her and Nikki managed to knock it out of her hand long before beating her to death.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Checkers
Member Avatar

I still can't believe that s/l happened. :shame:
Offline Profile Goto Top

ratfink
Member Avatar

Ladies, Ladies...give it a rest!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Only1Way
Member Avatar

In MN the day after Thanksgiving.

Morrison County Sheriff Michel Wetzel said "a person has every right to defend themselves and their homes, even employing deadly force if necessary."
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

sonemfan4life
Nov 24 2012, 09:32 PM
I don't know what state you live in but the people do not just get excused for murder without a trial. And they even pointed out Nikki's drunk ass kept hitting Diane with the rock long after she was dead. All Diane did was try to stab her with a syringe full of something that would paralyze her and Nikki managed to knock it out of her hand long before beating her to death.
Nikki didn't murder dianne, she killed her in self defense, there is a difference, people don't go on trial for self defense and if someone is trying to kill me, I'm making sure they're not getting up.
"ALL" dianne tried to do was stab her with a syringe to paralyze her? Really, would you let someone do that to you?
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/nikki-newman-murderer-young-restless-223600405.html
About 3:25 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS2pOdxlvtE
Nikki actually was walking away from Dianne when Dianne attacked her from behind.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Runyan v. State (1877) 57 Ind. 80, 20 Am.Rep. 52, is one of the earliest cases to strongly support and establish in U.S. law an individual's right to initiate self-defense actions up to and including the justifiable use of lethal force against an aggressor.

In Runyan, the court stated "When a person, being without fault, is in a place where he has a right to be, is violently assaulted, he may, without retreating, repel by force, and if, in the reasonable exercise of his right of self defense, his assailant is killed, he is justiciable."
http://www.ittendojo.org/articles/general-4.htm
Offline Profile Goto Top

sonemfan4life

It was not self defense. She did not need to bash Diane's head in with a rock about a dozen times to defend herself. How deadly was Diane after she dropped the syringe? And you forget Nikki came up to Diane and attacked her! Her drunken ass shouldn't have been at that bridge in the 1st place! She was supposed to be at rehab.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic