Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
GH: November Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 31 2012, 07:03 PM (8,110 Views)
KMan101
Member Avatar

Woot! Loved seeing Faison.

And REAL Duke!!

Such interesting stakes ahead. I'm really excited. GH is really getting to be a solid soap.

I'm glad we're seeing the layers to the story. It's not being rushed but it's not really stalling, either. Color me impressed.

I also really liked the talk between Sam and Anna, plus the incredible tension at the Q's with Carly, Michael and AJ. Such good, basic soap right there. I loved it. I'm just so happy that Leslie Charleson is working and being given good material again. She must be over the moon happy. Which makes my enjoyment all that much more.
Offline Profile Goto Top

dragonflies
Member Avatar

They need to bring back, Jackie Zeman, Bobbie should be part of this too. Monica and Bobbie facing off over their kids makes me squee lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

I agree that they need bring Bobbie back to GH...
Offline Profile Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

Yeah, it's time for them to get Bobbie back. Is Jackie still 'too busy'?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Loved today's episode. My pulse was practically racing through the Faison/Robin and Quartermaine mansion scenes (the latter being especially wonderful). It's been a long time since a soap has had me so much on the edge of my seat.
Offline Profile Goto Top

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Carly was bitchtastic today!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

hawk_osu
Member Avatar

This whole story is new to me, but I do love the history and Monica slapping Carly was amazing!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

titan1978
Member Avatar

I wish Lucky was still on, then we could have flashbacks from when Faison took Lucky and everyone thought he died in the fire.

I also hope Mac and Felicia get some scenes involved in this story, they have major history with the character.

I'm just so happy to have the real Anna Devane on GH, in a good storyline that is rooted in her past. GH really is on fire right now, and I can't give enough credit to Valentini and his team for keeping the shocks coming. A modern version of Gloria Monty's GH is the one we are watching now, and as much as I loved the Riche era, I think they are doing good work and I hope for the best for GH's future!
Offline Profile Goto Top

badaddiction
Member Avatar

OMG! GH was AMAZING! By the time the characters of Anna, Duke, and Faison were originally featured on GH, I had stopped watching the show. I occasionally flipped to the show, so I knew who these characters were, but that's about it. With that said, I have to give an ABSOLUTE BRAVO it RC/FV for the brilliance for the way they've handled these returns.

And how much am I loving that characters are being allowed to call out Carly for the shit her and her merry band of fucking murderous criminals that Guza/Frons tried to pass off as honorable men driven to heinous acts all in an effort to protect their family? I AM LOVING IT!. AJ was demonized for fighting for his son the only way he knew how. Yeah, he went too far with the kidnapping and the *your parents no longer wants you, they have Morgan to love* and shooting Allen. But still, I was on his side against those three assholes. I loved that Michael is finally learning (hopefully soon ALL of) the truth.

The NBC/Sony/Days PTB could learn so much from RC/FV handling of GH. This how you write character returns. This is how you draw in viewers of all ages. This is how you write interesting strong women of all ages.

I found this great article by Sara Bibel:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2012/11/09/deep-soap-general-hospital-appeals-to-younger-viewers-with-older-actors/
Edited by badaddiction, Nov 13 2012, 11:42 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Finally caught Monday's episode. Fantastic!

Monica slapping Carly was a highlight. Just seeing Monica as much as we have been has been a treat.

Everything involving Faison and Robin was great. And the real Duke reveal at the end was awesome!

Glad the Nurses Ball is returning to the show. Great idea!
Offline Profile Goto Top

badaddiction
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Nov 13 2012, 12:07 PM
Finally caught Monday's episode. Fantastic!

Monica slapping Carly was a highlight. Just seeing Monica as much as we have been has been a treat.

Everything involving Faison and Robin was great. And the real Duke reveal at the end was awesome!

Glad the Nurses Ball is returning to the show. Great idea!
I thought it had to be Duke in the bed because Robin kind of gave it away when she remarked that Faison had been given misinformation. But just for a second when he entered that room, I was like watch it be Jason in that bed, damn it! LOL!
Offline Profile Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

I'm just starting to get back into GH so I am pretty confused, but I am slowly unconfusing myself.

I am not really loving anything yet.

Carly/Michael/AJ is probably what I Am enjoying the most.
Edited by King, Nov 13 2012, 12:52 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

I've never been a huge GH fan but it is by far the best soap on air right now. Makes me wonder what Ron C could do with Dool.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

JtSmarts
Nov 13 2012, 01:07 PM
I've never been a huge GH fan but it is by far the best soap on air right now. Makes me wonder what Ron C could do with Dool.
I've often thought of that myself. But then I recall Carlivati saying he's always been a fan of the ABC soaps. OLTL was obviously his favorite soap, but he also grew up watching GH as well. I think that's one of the big reasons he writes a lot better than the other writers. He's a fan first, and a head writer second. I've never really heard him mention watching DAYS before, so I'm not sure his work there would be as good as he's did on OLTL and is doing now on GH.
Offline Profile Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

IDK. I would say DAYS right now is better than GH, IMO. I mean...I thought DAYS was bad, but then I started GH. LOL! (Don't want to turn it into a DAYS discussion though.)

I really do not like this girl playing Kate.
Edited by King, Nov 13 2012, 02:26 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lanemack
Member Avatar

For the first time in a long while, I don't have time to post because I can't wait to watch the show. My Duke! He's back and he's good! Wow. It seems so much like the GH I remember - full of surprises (I try not to read spoilers) and interesting, suspenseful plots. Got to go, the show calls... ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

LOL "and Niki Smith is the real Victoria Lord" love the One Life references.
Offline Profile Goto Top

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Lanemack
Nov 13 2012, 02:11 PM
For the first time in a long while, I don't have time to post because I can't wait to watch the show. My Duke! He's back and he's good! Wow. It seems so much like the GH I remember - full of surprises (I try not to read spoilers) and interesting, suspenseful plots. Got to go, the show calls... ;)
Even in its use of IB, GH is superior to Days. As I stated, I never watched the show during IB's original stint on GH. So, I wasn't expecting anything from him when he entered Days as Ian M. To say the least, I was not impressed by the character, writing, or the actor. I really found it all laughable and thought his fans were looking at his talent through rose colored memories. But, remove that actor from subpar, uninteresting writing and low production values, place him on a soap with exciting and must see storylines, and Voila!, I now understand why his fans were so excited about his return to soaps.
Edited by badaddiction, Nov 13 2012, 02:43 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

The Tracy, Alice and Monica scenes were hilarious. :laugh: They are just one of many things I love about GH right now.
Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

King
Nov 13 2012, 02:06 PM
I really do not like this girl playing Kate.
Aw, I love Kelly Sullivan! Especially when she's playing Connie. I prefer her over Megan Ward any day.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic