Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
GH: November Discussion
Topic Started: Oct 31 2012, 07:03 PM (7,729 Views)
Lanemack
Member Avatar

I didn't watch DOOL when WK was Justin. I only know him as Ned Ashton and I always like the character. The dynamic between Ned and AJ is fantastic - AJ needs a Quartermaine adversary besides Tracy.

The whole show was touching, funny, interesting - it feels awkward coming here each day to gush but it was wonderful. I like how they've taken characters I didn't like (Olivia) and weave them into the story. On a side note - seriously, does anyone else think that Olivia looks years older than Steve? They're my least favourite pairing (followed closely by Dante/Lulu).
Offline Profile Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I really enjoyed Wednesday's show too. It was nice seeing Wally and he looked more comfortable then he does on Days. The only thing that annoyed me about his appearance was how he looked kinda Orange, and when they did a flashback to a Ned/Edward scene; Wally looked like he was a completely different color.

I am enjoying this show so much more then Days right now. I also love that GH isn't slow in their pacing like Days is, with Days it feels like things are happening in slow motion at times because they seem to like to drag things out.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Finally caught Wednesday's episode. Wonderful. I had no doubt Carlivati would deliver. And he did.

That ending with Edward and Lila was beautiful and a wonderful idea. Instant tearjerker!
Offline Profile Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

I've been watching soaps for many years, however the JI farewell was the best tribute I've ever seen!!!! It was absolutely brilliant!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Tash
Nov 16 2012, 11:30 AM
But Lulu and Dante have become predictable. You know it will be Maxie being the surrogate and she will do it to make herself look better in Spin's eyes.

Recast Dillion. Get Josh Kelley or John Paul Lavoiser for the role and have Maxie go for him. If she can't have AJ. It would be nice to see Maxie bond with Dillion, who absolutely adored her sister. I could see a friendship happening and then grow into something more.

Bring on more Quartermaines!!!
John-Paul Lavosier would be the perfect Dillon re-cast. Don't know if GH would do it since GH and OLTL are linked so closely though.

I gotta say please, please, please end the Connie mess, cure Kate or have Johnny the 3 time murderer murder Kate/Connie and then someone find out quick and get Johnny off the show too (another storyline that's gone on waaaay too long!). Also please, please fire the annoying Kirsten Storms and re-hire Jen Lilley before she gets a new permanent job!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Can Maxie even be a surrogate considering she's a heart transplant recipient?

I kinda felt bad for Tracy but didn't get the Pickle-Lila relish....Can someone explain that?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Nov 26 2012, 03:09 PM

I kinda felt bad for Tracy but didn't get the Pickle-Lila relish....Can someone explain that?
Pickle Lila Relish was a business founded by Lila Quartermaine during the time they were living at Kelly's after they were bankrupt by Monica and her lover at the time Sean Donely lol. I guess it was what got the Q's back in the black lol.

Hope that helps.
Offline Profile Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

So I take it Edward left Tracy with nothing on purpose so she can build her own company? Or it was just his way of telling her that he left her with nothing and that they had to work their way up from nothing so now she does too? LOL.

I did feel bad for Tracy. JE has been playing it perfectly.

Anyone else feel like Ned and AJ are a little too old to be bickering like they were in the 90s? LOL. I mean, I love it but Ned looked like a child. I guess it was meant to be played for fun and it was. I wouldn't mind Ned back. I see Wally as Ned more than Justin on DAYS. He looks much more comfortable. It's too bad DAYS has wasted Judi and Wally. I forgot how much I liked Wally and Ned. He and Jax were pretty much shoved aside as romantic leads, though I guess they 'tried' with Jax but they saddled him with Carly and gave him nothing to do for what felt like an eternity.

I had to LOL at the teens today. They all have no careers or futures and it was hilarious that the writers are finally realizing it and putting it out there. We have no reason to care about any of them. I feel like teens are introduced and poorly developed because the writers just assume as kids of fan favorites (hated or loved) that they'll be accepted. I also liked how they made mention how dumb Kristina getting 'revenge' on her parents was. It was a nice convo between Trey and Kristina.

Starr and Molly ... gag me. I like Molly but how can we really care when she only shows up every few months? And of course Starr will go to her publisher father for Molly's book. Oy. That was so badly set up. "Thank you. So much" gag me LOL.

Love Skye defending AJ and bickering with Ned. I love their dynamics. I so wish Ned and Skye were around long-term.
Offline Profile Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

Only thing I want out of this Molly book storyline is her father's return.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mirage75
Member Avatar

No, I don't get tired of the bickering between Ned and AJ. It would be very boring if they got along lol. Yes, some of it is childish, but I just give it up as them being their typical Q selves. And its the rivalry between them. I rather see that than the boring "lets get a long" crap.

I agree about Wally as Ned. Don't get me wrong I love Wally as Justin and still think there is a lot that can be done with him, but after seeing the writers at GH taking the time to actually give Wally more material to work with and more meaningful dialogue as a Quartermaine than as a lawyer in Salem. I love Justin supporting his son Sonny, and being the town lawyers, but he is so much more than that. And Ned as tons of stories on GH that can be told too- with Tracy, AJ, Monica, ELQ, Sonny, and of course Alexis. These last two days have made me realize that DAYS does not truly value Wally as an actor like GH does. It's day and night with those two shows. I think that GH values him more these last two days than DAYS has in the 3 months or so. :( I want Wally on a show that will value him as an actor and allow him to shine like he has on GH as Ned. I would miss Justin very much, but I want to see more Wally and see him be used more than just a prop at this point.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

I can't stop laughing that Edward left all his money to Habitat For Humanity and PBS!!!!!!! :P
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mirage75
Member Avatar

I hate see Tracy get screwed over like that. :(

To think that she is a REAL Q and yet that interloper Skye gets part of the shares along with her daughter and the same with Alice and Tracy gets nothing. Such BS. This kind of writing makes me hate Skye even more.

Ron and Frank disappointed me on that part.

I hated all the Starr/Molly, Maxie/Lulu, Spindork/Sam/Ellie and Kristina/Trey crap. So was not needed. They just dragged the show down. Took away from the real interesting stuff with the Q's. How I wish that Alexis was there instead of that annoying gnat Diane today reading the will instead. Alexis would have been more interesting added more to the scenes since she has history with that family more. And I would have gotten my Nexis.

Love myNed/Tracy.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

I liked AJ's speech at the crypt. Quick, honest and to the point and he got out of there before anyone could make a shitty remark to him. I also liked that he didn't speak up when Diane asked if anyone objected to the names of the living grandchildren, knowing his name wasn't mentioned. But I think that Michael bringing him up and that he is a living grandchild was very telling as well, he's warming up to his real dad :wub2:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mirage75
Nov 26 2012, 06:08 PM
No, I don't get tired of the bickering between Ned and AJ. It would be very boring if they got along lol. Yes, some of it is childish, but I just give it up as them being their typical Q selves. And its the rivalry between them. I rather see that than the boring "lets get a long" crap.

I agree about Wally as Ned. Don't get me wrong I love Wally as Justin and still think there is a lot that can be done with him, but after seeing the writers at GH taking the time to actually give Wally more material to work with and more meaningful dialogue as a Quartermaine than as a lawyer in Salem. I love Justin supporting his son Sonny, and being the town lawyers, but he is so much more than that. And Ned as tons of stories on GH that can be told too- with Tracy, AJ, Monica, ELQ, Sonny, and of course Alexis. These last two days have made me realize that DAYS does not truly value Wally as an actor like GH does. It's day and night with those two shows. I think that GH values him more these last two days than DAYS has in the 3 months or so. :( I want Wally on a show that will value him as an actor and allow him to shine like he has on GH as Ned. I would miss Justin very much, but I want to see more Wally and see him be used more than just a prop at this point.

My sentiments exactly. :hail: I love Wally as Justin and Ned, but its obvious to me that GH values Wally more then Days does. Days just seems to use him to prop storylines along with Judi. They are never given any SL material that's about "them". With GH on the otherhand I've seen more of Wally in just a couple of days then I've seen of him for months on Days. And I feel like GH actually values him as an actor and Ned as a character. I want Wally to stay at GH and sign a contract. There's so much potential with the character of Ned and Wally as an actor just has so much to offer. And if Days is going to continue to misuse him he should totally stay at GH where at least he'd be appreciated and more then likely given decent airtime and a good frontburner SL.
Goto Top

Eric83
Member Avatar

I don't see what is so wrong with Skye getting a piece. Edward adored her and considered her family. I do think this whole thing with Tracy and the pickle jar will lead to something more. I do not think Edward would just purposely leave Tracy out of the will.

I am confused how AJ's 12 percent fit in perfectly, when he wasn't given his share until right then and there. He was thought to be dead this entire time so it doesn't make it sense.
Offline Profile Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

I also wanna give them some props for mentioning Maya.

I do agree the 12% AJ gets worked out perfectly. Kinda strange lol.

And yeah, Edward adored Skye. No surprises he left her with something.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

When Tracy and Ned were eating those hot dogs with the relish on them I kept wondering how old the relish was. Maybe it's still being made?
Offline Profile Goto Top

dragonflies
Member Avatar

If it's been sealed and the seal unbroken till then, it's probably fine. Edward could have had one made for her too

I don't feel sorry for Tracy at all, this is karma for her. It'd have been epic if it had been Edward's heart pills in that box lol

Love Skye & AJ scheming

Love the brothers Scorpio too :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

Eric83
Member Avatar

Loved the scenes of Skye/AJ and Ned/Tracy adding up who would be on their sides, and both realizing they have to win over Sam, the one person who probably has no interest in ELQ and doesn't really like AJ or Tracy. Cant wait.

Enjoying Robert/Anna/FakeDuke and glad Anna is not completely believing this. Hope she can come to the realization for herself
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

dragonflies
Nov 27 2012, 05:08 PM
I don't feel sorry for Tracy at all, this is karma for her. It'd have been epic if it had been Edward's heart pills in that box lol
THIS! :laugh:
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic