Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
666 Park Avenue studio flooded by Sandy; Sets Destroyed
Topic Started: Nov 1 2012, 11:07 AM (539 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s198/666-park-avenue/news/a435020/666-park-avenue-sets-flooded-extensively-damaged-by-sandy.html

Quote:

The sets for ABC drama 666 Park Avenue have been damaged by Hurricane Sandy.

The horror drama's set, located at Cine Magic Riverfront Studios in Brooklyn, was flooded when the storm hit the East Coast, according to Entertainment Weekly.

"I went to check them out on the night of the storm at 10pm and they were under 6 feet of water - the entire complex," said studio owner Peter Kapsalis. "It wasn't in very good shape."

Some sets were apparently completely destroyed in the storm, though others may be able to be salvaged.

"The main sets stayed in place even with the water rushing in [but] everything is extensively damaged," Kapsalis explained.

A number of television shows that shoot in New York - including Elementary, 30 Rock and Person of Interest - halted production ahead of Sandy's arrival earlier this week.

ABC is expected to make a decision regarding the future of 666 Park Avenue in the coming days - the network is yet to commit to more filmed episodes, but has commissioned a further two scripts to be written.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Isn't that a sign that the weather even thinks the show sucks.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Cancelled....

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

This kind of reminds me when the prime time soap "Second Chances" had all of its sets destroyed in an earthquake in '94. The ratings were decent, but by the time the sets would've been rebuild, the 2 lead actresses would've been VERY pregnant, so they just said "to hell with it" & canceled the show.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Batman would have continued on another network (forget which) if they haddn't already demolished the Batcave.

It's a mark of doom.
Edited by Drew, Nov 1 2012, 01:54 PM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Hearing about all of this flooding in Brooklyn makes me wonder how JC Studios (where ATWT & AW were taped) fared. I wonder what would happen if a soap experienced such a disaster.

KMan101
Member Avatar

That's true Matt. Never thought of that had this happened when soaps were filmed there.

I think the show's cancelled. ABC has many more dramas on tap. I want to see Red Widow and Mistresses and even Zero Hour doesn't look bad.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I just feel bad for Vanessa Williams in all of this and I hope she finds something else.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

...I really like the show. Not all that important in light of everything else, though.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

That sucks big time! Doesn't look good for that show! :/

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply