Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
John and Kristen are alone at the Horton Cabin!; Airs week of Nov 5th
Topic Started: Nov 1 2012, 02:02 PM (3,942 Views)
Ellie

This week's Soap Opera Digest features an article about John and Kristen.

The article begins by saying that Kristen starts going to meetings at the church, so she can demonstrate to everyone in Salem that she has changed and that she's who she was before her evil turn began.

The problem is that John is at the church meeting too. He thinks it may be a coincidence that he keeps running into Kristen, but Marlena knows better. Drake Hogestyn says that Marlena is thinking, "'You fool. It is not a coincidence. I know how this works. I'm a woman.'"

Hope comes to visit J&M and asks them to winterize the Horton cabin as a favor because Bo's not around. John is busy at work, but Marlena convinces him that the two of them should go there since they need to get away. John says ok, but then Marlena gets called away on a crisis with a patient, and John has to go alone. He gets there, and Kristen is in the cabin waiting for him.

John thinks Marlena's suspicions are correct, but Kristen tells him she came there just to reconnect with a positive time in her life. She ends up missing the ferry back, and they discuss how things used to be. Hogestyn shares that John is on guard, but he is affected by all of the events in their past that Kristen discusses.

John and Kristen have to spend the night there. John tells Kristen he knows she wants him, but Hogestyn explains Kristen thinks of him as a "self-absorbed idiot" and tells him again she's changed. But has she? John goes to look for blankets and when he returns, Kristen is sleeping and he covers her up, while back in Salem, Marlena is telling Hope that she's worried about what Kristen will do to her marriage...

Pick up the latest Digest for details, including a look back at John and Kristen's story!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Oh good grief.

six
Member Avatar

John's actions in this story are nearly Austin-esque.

TFP.

Ellie

The Room Stops
Nov 1 2012, 02:05 PM
Oh good grief.
Wait, did I forget to put in the part where John takes off his jacket and gives it to her because she's cold, but then she takes it off? Whoops.

karoline
Member Avatar

Oh. My. God. John, you stupid IDIOT! :shame:

londoncalling

If he wasn't we would have a story!

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Bring back the John from 1997/1998 that wanted nothing to do with Kritter,I miss that John.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Yay! The return of idiot John.

I like idiot John because it places the focus back on Marlena/Kristen, which is where I think it should be. And it's kind of cool when women battle over an idiot because then I don't think of them as desperate and sad; I think of them as having a rivalry wherein a particular man is just a trophy.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I'm actually looking forward to the Marlena/Kristen scenes because I really like Eileen and Dee together - but it's a shame they have to dumb John down so clearly to make it happen.

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

Sariah
Member Avatar

I still don't get why John's in there doing the work himself. It'd be different if Kristen somehow tricked him or contrived for this to happen, but I imagine a man like John would simply hire someone to do the winterizing for him.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

px780
Nov 1 2012, 02:59 PM

I like idiot John because it places the focus back on Marlena/Kristen, which is where I think it should be. And it's kind of cool when women battle over an idiot because then I don't think of them as desperate and sad; I think of them as having a rivalry wherein a particular man is just a trophy.
I don't remember a time when John wasn't an idiot?

Tammy
Member Avatar

I.HATE.THIS.SHOW!!!!!!!!!!

karoline
Member Avatar

Tammy
Nov 1 2012, 04:38 PM
I.HATE.THIS.SHOW!!!!!!!!!!
I hate the show, but I am not hating this story yet. John sure is acting like the world`s biggest idiot, but I am going to wait and see how this turns out before I start throwing things at my screen... To be honest, there are some things I really have been enjoying in this story so fare, but we`ll see how this turns out.

tylerbo20

I want Kristen to have a scene withjennifer and possibly mention Peter who hopefully will return next

Ellie

Sariah
Nov 1 2012, 03:42 PM
I still don't get why John's in there doing the work himself. It'd be different if Kristen somehow tricked him or contrived for this to happen, but I imagine a man like John would simply hire someone to do the winterizing for him.
The whole thing is so forced... they're taking Kristen's manipulation from the 90's (if that's what they're doing) with none of the intricate setup that went along with it. I'm surprised the thermostat in the cabin didn't malfunction.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

And this is what's going to happen when fans want John, Marlena and Kristen in a front burner, leading story. I would much rather see all three characters supporting EJ, Sami, Brady, etc. than leading this kind of shit.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Drew
Nov 1 2012, 04:17 PM
px780
Nov 1 2012, 02:59 PM

I don't remember a time when John wasn't an idiot?
This. John has always been rather dumb and stupid.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I only remember John being stupid when JER was writing.

lysie
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Nov 1 2012, 07:04 PM
And this is what's going to happen when fans want John, Marlena and Kristen in a front burner, leading story. I would much rather see all three characters supporting EJ, Sami, Brady, etc. than leading this kind of shit.
I'm not really sure what you're referring. However, I'm not one to ask for them to be frontburner, but is rather see them leading shit than supporting it. It's not like Brady, Sami, and EJ's stories aren't pure crap. So far, I don't even dislike this story. It's just boring. And yet it's still better than everything else currently airing.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Nov 1 2012, 07:04 PM
This is the only thing that can happen? I don't agree with that at all. The way I see it, this is the worst example on how to write for vets like John and Marlena, and then those that are against it can us this as an argument on why they shouldn't get their own stories anymore. As for Kristen, she's been off-screen for 14 years, there's alot they can do with her. So far her return has been lame. They should have just brought her back as a full-fleshed villain for a 6-12 months run.

And even if they were just used to support other characters it should not be Sami and EJ. Those two are a perfect example of overplayed and repeating the same shit over and over.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply