Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nick and Gabi: It's Love; Airs week of Nov 5th
Topic Started: Nov 1 2012, 02:07 PM (3,244 Views)
Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

While Nick makes Gabi more tolerable than she ever has or ever will be, I'm afraid that if the crap hits the fan his character will be sacrificed. What am I talking about? I know he will be sacrificed.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

samixxx
Member Avatar

Root worthy I do think is way to soon, but for some 20's nowadays it is like what took them so long sometimes they are in love with many in a few day/hours.

I like Nick and Gabi and am interested to see where this goes, at least it feels like a story.

lumifan4life

I can never root for Nick and Gabi because they are not giving me any reason to. I hate it when this show thinks they can just slap two people together and tell me it's love so I have to just accept it. Huh? Nope that's not what endears me in the least. I like to decide if I want two people to get together because their chemistry is off the charts and the story screams that they should fall in love one day because they belong together. I have not seen anything in the month and a half that Nick and Gabi have known each other that tells me that they belong together. There is no substance whatsoever. These two could have had a great friendship building right about now. Why the hell should I give a crap about them when a month and a half after meeting, they are in love already and there was absolutely no journey to show for it. Sure they'll probably pile on a whole lot of angst now that they've had sex and confessed their undying love for each other but still, why am I supposed to care? Couldn't they have at least waited a full 6 months? Isn't that the equivalent to a couple of years these days on soaps anyway? Everything is rushed and there is no rooting value whatsoever. It makes me despise this couple. I'm not a huge Nick fan but I like him and I don't hate Gabi. But Nabi truly sucks.
Edited by lumifan4life, Nov 1 2012, 11:43 PM.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

King Midas may have turned everything he touched into gold, but Gary Tomlin turns everything he touches into shit. Even the stuff I'm semi-enjoying get ruined eventually... prime example, this.

lumifan4life

Ljay
Nov 1 2012, 07:44 PM
JamesScott_19
Nov 1 2012, 06:45 PM
How in the world is he in love with her? HE JUST MET HER!

GEEZ these writers don't know nothing about build up :rolleyes:
LOL, How did Nick fall in love so fast? I'll tell you how, hes been in prison for 4 yrs! Sure hes gonna hit the first thing he comes to. LOL

Exactly. Similar to how Lucas hit Chloe in that elevator after the 6 months he spent in jail, lol. Nick is in love with the sex that's all.

King
Member Avatar

I am so freaking into Nick this time around.

Hopefully Gabi will be pregnant and it will destroy everyone's lives. BWahahaha.

King
Member Avatar

I'm with Drew H. I think Nick helps Gabi.

And I think Blake helps Camila a lot.

Her story has been awful for the past year and basically, ever since I tuned back in and she was on it. I would say this is the best I have seen her.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Who cares?

They are boring and insta.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

King
Nov 2 2012, 12:40 AM
I'm with Drew H. I think Nick helps Gabi.

And I think Blake helps Camila a lot.

Her story has been awful for the past year and basically, ever since I tuned back in and she was on it. I would say this is the best I have seen her.
I will agree here...Nick certainly makes Gabi more interesting and same wit Blake and Camila...but the pairing is boring to me...I need more action and I certainly need a more valid reason than religion for Nick to suddenly become a homophobe.

Alin89
Member Avatar

i only like nick. i hate that he is with gabi.

Ljay
Member Avatar

lumifan4life
Nov 1 2012, 11:49 PM
Ljay
JamesScott_19

LOL, How did Nick fall in love so fast? I'll tell you how, hes been in prison for 4 yrs! Sure hes gonna hit the first thing he comes to. LOL

Exactly. Similar to how Lucas hit Chloe in that elevator after the 6 months he spent in jail, lol. Nick is in love with the sex that's all.
And we all know how well Chloe and Lucas as a couple turned out.....

lumifan4life

Ljay
Nov 2 2012, 05:07 AM
lumifan4life
Ljay
JamesScott_19

I call it right now. In about 4 months, I see Gabi cheating on Nick with Chad.
Edited by lumifan4life, Nov 2 2012, 08:32 AM.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Ljay
lumifan4life
Ljay
JamesScott_19

desite lucas and chloe were couple they never wrote them to sell them couple they just put them
together when put someoneelse with phillp and shift sami to nicole and ej
until think what to do with them and later when brought brady and rafe they kept chloe with lucas so brady be in nicole orbit and pair later on sami with rafe and since daniel story shift from chelasa to kate did not seem to work with daniel they deicide to really write daniel and chloe as the rooting couple withot give them time to check the reaction for them they had sex dreams in December by january madinlove

while do want write wise to sell gabi and nick as couple

lumifan4life

Partnersincrime
Nov 2 2012, 08:54 AM
Ljay
lumifan4life
Ljay

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
desite lucas and chloe were couple they never wrote them to sell them couple they just put them
together when put someoneelse with phillp and shift sami to nicole and ej
until think what to do with them and later when brought brady and rafe they kept chloe with lucas so brady be in nicole orbit and pair later on sami with rafe and since daniel story shift from chelasa to kate did not seem to work with daniel they deicide to really write daniel and chloe as the rooting couple withot give them time to check the reaction for them they had sex dreams in December by january madinlove

while do want write wise to sell gabi and nick as couple
None of that matters though because even Dan and Chloe crashed and burned too eventually. Nick and Gabi might be all lovey dovey in love now but it's not going to last because this rushed nonsense is not just written for the sole purpose to sell them as the poster couple for being young and in love, they are also rushing them so when Gabi gets pregnant she has another guy she can pass her kid off as his.
Edited by lumifan4life, Nov 2 2012, 09:06 AM.

Lil
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Nov 1 2012, 05:07 PM
I love Nick and I can tolerate Gabi. However, I would still like to see Abby tear her a new ass for starting the chain of events that lead to Jack's death. And when Abby's done, Brady is next in line.
Singing to the choir! I have been waiting for build-up, fall-out, and payoffs on this craptastic show for YEARS. No one has any real motivation for anything and there is never any kind of aftermath anymore for ANYTHING. The DAYSaster, while it was a huge let-down (and cost us the fabulous Jack Deveraux) SHOULD have been a jumping off point. I had high hopes when they brought Ian Buchanan on, but like they do with any character worth a damn, they blew it. I know the new writers wanted to do away with a lot of MarDar's stuff, but as shitty as these s/l's were, they could have been a jumping off point. but no *sigh*

Abby just needs a real story period. I don't understand at ALL why Gabi is the female focus in that age group. At first Nick was making her tolerable, but now he's becoming as boring as she is. Such a waste. While I am glad they are actually writing for WilSon, the thought of yet another who's the daddy makes me want to vomit. How about some action, DAYS? How about some event that involves everyone and that does NOT involve another fucking kid???

six
Member Avatar

px780
Nov 1 2012, 06:46 PM
If not Gabi, then who?

I totally agree that she's basically a placeholder- I think in another thread I referred to her as a womb. But there's really nobody else they could use without creating someone new, and that would come with its own problems (see: Melanie).

Abby can't do it because she's Will's cousin, and she's related to Nick, right?

It's a bit of a quandary, imho.
I would've preferred to take our chances with someone new. Even Melanie, at her most annoying, would have been better than this. When your starting point is Gabi, there's nowhere to go but up.

Ellie
Nov 1 2012, 06:51 PM
Daysdegrassi
Nov 1 2012, 06:46 PM
I like Nabi, but ...
We can't call them 'Gack'? :frownie:

I'm calling them gack. It's fitting.

Lil
Member Avatar

^ Or Gick, which I believe is another term for "shit" lol

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

I don't mind Gabi and Nick; I just don't care about them that much. I blame that on Gabi, she is as dull as dirt. Nick is so adorbs. Their relationship is cute but nothing to run home and tune in for. As for the ILY, I think it's way too soon but I buy their ILYs over Bradison's and Ejaylor's because Nabi/Gack/whatever are young. It's puppy love to me. IDK what the previous two couplings were smoking so I pretend they never existed instead. Still, we know the real reason this is happening: WTD s/l. :shame:

jackjenfan
Member Avatar

i can't get behind this pairing. Nick has barely returned and five minutes pass and he and Gabi are "in love" and Gabi wants to hump his leg. Oh, golly gee. The writers will do anything to keep the little Hernandaz twit on tv. :drunk:

lumifan4life

JamaicanBeauty7
Nov 2 2012, 10:27 AM
I don't mind Gabi and Nick; I just don't care about them that much. I blame that on Gabi, she is as dull as dirt. Nick is so adorbs. Their relationship is cute but nothing to run home and tune in for. As for the ILY, I think it's way too soon but I buy their ILYs over Bradison's and Ejaylor's because Nabi/Gack/whatever are young. It's puppy love to me. IDK what the previous two couplings were smoking so I pretend they never existed instead. Still, we know the real reason this is happening: WTD s/l. :shame:
Gabi is young and inexperienced so I guess I can see her falling for Nick's ILY line because of that fact. But Nick is way past the "puppy love" stage. He's young but not as young as Gabi. He's been around the block with Chelsea and Billie even before he stalked Melanie. And that was years ago, probably when Gabi was still in middle school, lol. So I absolutely do not buy his feelings at all beyond the fact that he's fresh out of prison and obviously horny. Back in the day when Nick was an awkward young guy head over heels for Chelsea, now that I bought...not this contrived shit.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply