Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nicole is busted and makes a deadly move; Airs week of Nov 5th
Topic Started: Nov 1 2012, 02:27 PM (7,360 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I hope Eric saves this mess.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Angie79
Nov 1 2012, 03:43 PM
I hope Eric saves this mess.
I have my doubts with TomSell in the house. If this show can't write for any of the current characters I doubt the writing for Eric or anyone else this show decides to bring on will be any better. :shame:

After the stunt Days pulled with murdering Nicole's baby three weeks before the due date and leading fans on, I just have zero faith in this show when it comes to payoffs and things getting better. It seems to keep going from bad to worse. The only way this storyline can be saved for me is if the baby turns up alive somewhere down the road though I doubt that will happen as long as TomSell is around.
Quote Post Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Daniel wouldn't know how to spell compassion. If he had any compassion he wouldn't have questioned Nicole about the circumstances of her baby's death less than 24 hours after the baby died. And like someone already pointed out, the compassionate thing would have been to call Marlena and have her see Nicole after the baby died. Compassion would have been to NOT call her out in front of a room full of people. Or how about not using her for sex and than abandoning her when the path to Jennifer's crotch was suddenly clear. Daniel is a selfish, self-serving, egotistical bastard who wouldn't know the first thing about compassion. But I guess that makes him perfect for Jennifer since she doesn't have a compassionate bone in her body. :flipoff:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

My mom got me into the Days when I was 7. She's watched off and on from the 80's. She stopped for several years during the JER stuff, because it was just too weird for her. But she started up again about 8 years ago. She has finally stopped watching again and it was Nicole losing another baby that was the final straw for her. That's pretty telling..
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dooldooldool

Hopeless_Dreamer
Nov 1 2012, 02:33 PM
Wouldn't it have been much more compelling to see a woman who's lost a baby giving birth to a healthy baby boy, then watch a woman who's already lost a baby lose yet another baby then attempt to commit suicide?
Uh, no. That would be a yawner. If I want uplifting, unrealistic stories with boatloads of useless critters, I'll tune to the Hallmark Movie Channel or one of the dozen religious channels on my cable.

I want drama, deception, upheaval, disappointment, conflict, emotion, anger, recovery, and ultimately redemption from my soap of nearly 30 years.

We all know that baby is going to end up alive and somewhere under Stefano's/Kristen's/ Victor's secret control, probably revealed sometime during November Sweeps. I wonder if the show will be able to keep yet another Leann Hunley return under wraps.

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

There was plenty of drama they could of had with nicole giving birth to an alive baby not a dead one. I could have even went for stefeno swapping her baby out for a dead one making her believe her child was dead. Which would have still opened the door for eric to come back in her orbit and pick up the peices. Maybe even helping her to be a better person. I know some want to believe the baby is still alive and in a soap world any thing is possible i just felt like they went out of the way to make sure the audenice knew he was dead going as far as nicole holding him. Babys dying and children dying are in no shape or form entertainment in my eyes

Queen B
Member Avatar

This is disgusting. It makes me sick what has been done to Nicole, so not watching!

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

TPTB couldn't let Nicole have an Ejole Baby.
It would have taken up to much screen time, that has been specially saved for Dannifer & Safe!

NicGil

Dreamer
Nov 1 2012, 03:05 PM
You know I can't put into words what I feel about this SOD..... I feel bad for Nicole, I just wish it was someone other than Daniel that saves the day.
I hope there is somebody besides Daniel that shows "compassion" for Nicole during the confrontation. Both EJ and Brady have claimed to love her in the past and know what a loss Nicole has suffered. Rafe has seemed to care about her lately and stand by her as a friend. However, Daniel has pretended to be there for her while really considering it a burden that he has to leave his precious Jennifer. As an Ejole fan, I of course would love to see EJ step up and plead with Nicole not to take her life. EJ has even contemplated suicide before and is grieving for his son as well. Just somebody take the spotlight off of Daniel. I really hate this storyline but know Ari will be awesome.

Ellie

dooldooldool
Nov 1 2012, 04:27 PM
We all know that baby is going to end up alive and somewhere under Stefano's/Kristen's/ Victor's secret control, probably revealed sometime during November Sweeps. I wonder if the show will be able to keep yet another Leann Hunley return under wraps.
I am not the first to say this here, but if that's the case, they need to tell us now. Let the viewers know what's going on and keep the characters in the dark. That will keep everyone watching and ramp up the drama rather than turning off viewers left and right.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Quote:

I want drama, deception, upheaval, disappointment, conflict, emotion, anger, recovery, and ultimately redemption from my soap of nearly 30 years.

I don't understand why a baby means those things don't happen.

For example- we could get a custody battle. A really juicy one too, between Nicole and EJ; one that could help us process some of their sins instead of ignoring them. I haven't seen one of those on Days in awhile, so it'd be a bit fresh. Side benefit: it could serve as a history lesson for new viewers.

Nicole wouldn't have to be happy, either. A moment of happiness for her just raises the stakes in the future, and gives her schemes an added dimension because she'd be scheming for two. Side benefit: viewers would learn that there is payoff, that their favorites would have at least a second of happiness before the torture resumes. I don't think Days does enough of that.

And the thing is...I don't believe this dead baby is giving good drama. It's cheap easy drama, probably leading to the cheaper easier drama of having the Dimera's magical medicine make the baby wind up alive and well.

So the whole baby = boring, dead baby = drama dilemma...it feels like a false choice to me.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Please Eric make your return, these article sucks monkey balls. :shame:

camera shy

JamesScott_19
Nov 1 2012, 06:43 PM
Please Eric make your return, these article sucks monkey balls. :shame:
If they don't write Nicole any differently then nothing will change. She'll be once again chasing after Eric who doesn't want to give up the priesthood. It's going to the same story she just came out of. And I don't see Tomlin writting her any differently.

tylerbo20

A good story would be Jennifer going crazy like her mother did

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

I dont want nicole to loose all her spunk. But i would love to see her face her demons pick her self up off the floor and realize she deserves a man who will love her and only her. Nicole needs to love and respect herself before any one else can

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I hate that Nicole lost another baby, but I've always been a fan of this kind of storytelling. It resembles what Irna Phillips used to do back in the day. A woman would do terrible things, become pregnant, and lose the baby. Sort of as karma. Nicole losing the baby was karma for the lies she told, one after another. I think it builds the character and makes her stronger. That is if Tomlin/Whitesell decide to keep up with this, which is now part of the character, rather than do what we're used to and forget about it and move onto the next plot.

Harmony233

tylerbo20
Nov 1 2012, 06:56 PM
A good story would be Jennifer going crazy like her mother did
remeber when jennifer thought she killed was it zack in that car accident and she went all guilty and crazy.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Courtneya6688
Nov 1 2012, 07:00 PM
I dont want nicole to loose all her spunk. But i would love to see her face her demons pick her self up off the floor and realize she deserves a man who will love her and only her. Nicole needs to love and respect herself before any one else can
ITA. All the more reason she should have had her baby, I felt like we could have really seen her grow as a character. Now I have my doubts that things will ever truly change. :shame:
Quote Post Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

DrewHamilton
Nov 1 2012, 07:02 PM
I hate that Nicole lost another baby, but I've always been a fan of this kind of storytelling. It resembles what Irna Phillips used to do back in the day. A woman would do terrible things, become pregnant, and lose the baby. Sort of as karma. Nicole losing the baby was karma for the lies she told, one after another. I think it builds the character and makes her stronger. That is if Tomlin/Whitesell decide to keep up with this, which is now part of the character, rather than do what we're used to and forget about it and move onto the next plot.
Reilly did it too, and I seem to remember him also sterilizing them (so they'd lose the kid and any possibility for a kid in the future).

Usually though don't the punished women build up a long list of actual crimes? Nicole's lies before the baby died don't seem that much different from what Sami did. I think that's the problem with so many baby storylines so close together. It's hard not to compare things.

But if I take it as one of these kinds of stories, what's Nicole being punished for?

Also, in these stories isn't the punishment by way of a lost child typically connected to the actions of the mother? Like their plotting backfires and puts them in a situation where the child is lost, so it's not so...random?
Edited by px780, Nov 1 2012, 07:23 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

px780
Nov 1 2012, 07:21 PM
But if I take it as one of these kinds of stories, what's Nicole being punished for?
Lying to EJ about the paternity. And then manipulating Jennifer and Daniel. No matter what the fans think, Jennifer is Tomlin/Whitesell's "heroine" in this story and Nicole is going to be "black" to Jennifer's "white." She's going to be punished for trying to outdo the heroine.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply