Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Lynn Herring appears on GH!
Topic Started: Nov 2 2012, 11:39 AM (1,895 Views)
Ellie

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/exclusive-lynn-herring-returns-gh

The resurrection of the Nurses' Ball prompts another fan fave return! Lynn Herring will return on December 14 as Lucy Coe, who is sought out for her expertise on the big event. Herring originated the role in 1986 and told Digest recently that she'd "love to slip on Lucy's clothes one more time."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Daytime
Member Avatar

Think we posted at the same time..lol

KMan101
Member Avatar

Holy shit!

I'm so excited. I actually think Ron could write Lucy well. He does zany well. I never want to see Vampire Slayer Lucy Coe again.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Lucy The Vampire Slayer lol.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

The returns continue. Wow. Great news for longtime fans.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

This show is non-stop getting better and better. They're doing everything I've ever wanted them to do and pulling out all of the stops. It might be leading to the end, but GH is surely going out with a bang if so.

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

thats great!

Mason
Member Avatar

I'm excited for the returns of both Lucy and the Nurses' Ball. It's crazy to me that GH never resumed doing them after PC ended.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Nov 2 2012, 12:50 PM
It might be leading to the end, but GH is surely going out with a bang if so.
At least if it is leading to the end, at least they are not going down without a fight.

Excited about Nurse's Ball coming back and of course how could not have it without Lucy.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

More props to Carlivati and Valentini. They continue to do wonders on GH.

Sweetbabygirl
Member Avatar
Meow This!

:eyeroll: Fuck! Guess I'm the only one not happy about this news....never could stand Lucy, she was annoying as hell.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I am really enjoying how the show will bring in the vets when needed and use them! It's not like Days where they bring a vet and then wonder what to do with them! LOL
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dragonflies
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Nov 2 2012, 12:50 PM
This show is non-stop getting better and better. They're doing everything I've ever wanted them to do and pulling out all of the stops. It might be leading to the end, but GH is surely going out with a bang if so.
Yes they are! The show is on fire, helps that the network isn't dictating stuff storyline wise(only that Sam gets her baby back sooner rather than later, other than that, they're staying out of it)

Days could learn something from this as could the other soaps.

Edited by dragonflies, Nov 3 2012, 04:54 PM.

Meprincess

I"m so happy Lucy is back.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Not really thrilled with Ron's stories overall, I do have to give him props for trying to please the fans by bringing back so many veterans that wouldn't have ever been seen again under Guza and Phelps. HOWEVER, he needs a solid co-writer to reign him in. He's a hot mess. He can return people all he wants but problems still exist, though the show in 100x more enjoyable. Still a ways to go but I do give a ton of credit for his efforts. He might be a mess, but I believe he cares, even though I feel like I should be drinking half the time with his work. The man needs balance though. We go weeks seeing the same story until it's dropped in favor of another. He did the same thing on OLTL.
Edited by KMan101, Nov 5 2012, 06:14 AM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

KMan101
Nov 5 2012, 06:12 AM
Not really thrilled with Ron's stories overall, I do have to give him props for trying to please the fans by bringing back so many veterans that wouldn't have ever been seen again under Guza and Phelps. HOWEVER, he needs a solid co-writer to reign him in. He's a hot mess. He can return people all he wants but problems still exist, though the show in 100x more enjoyable. Still a ways to go but I do give a ton of credit for his efforts. He might be a mess, but I believe he cares, even though I feel like I should be drinking half the time with his work. The man needs balance though. We go weeks seeing the same story until it's dropped in favor of another. He did the same thing on OLTL.
This is an honest question I'm asking, so don't think I'm being smart. But what exactly do you not like about Carlivati's work? There are several posters that knock his writing down, but never really give any real examples of why his work "sucks." I think he's the only current soap writer that still gets the genre, and it shows in his writing, especially compared to the other four shows and how their head writers write.

KMan101
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Nov 5 2012, 12:18 PM
KMan101
Nov 5 2012, 06:12 AM
This is an honest question I'm asking, so don't think I'm being smart. But what exactly do you not like about Carlivati's work? There are several posters that knock his writing down, but never really give any real examples of why his work "sucks." I think he's the only current soap writer that still gets the genre, and it shows in his writing, especially compared to the other four shows and how their head writers write.
I feel I mostly praised him here in this post, LOL. But, no offense taken! It's a good question.

I have knocked him a bit. I give him credit. If I HAD to pick a few things, they're all just personal nitpicks, I suppose. I do think he needs tighter writing. I think he tries to do too much. Balance could be better (though I can't really blame him completely, with budget/episode guarantees/network interference).

Just little things. I feel he's messy. Things are rushed to a conclusion. I think he writes a decent story overall but he needs someone to reign him in. I think he writes things campy when they shouldn't be. The Elizabeth changing paternity thing was out of left field and he doesn't always bother to explain character motivations.

Again, this is the writer in me really nitpicking. If I sat back, ignored all my qualms and took it for what it is, I will say he's a good writer.

A more hardcore GH fan would have to give you better examples.

I also think he relies far too heavily on the villains, though the last week of OLTL where many of them came back, he wrote that very well.

I guess my frustration is that I want him to be perfect because he's capable but he isn't. LOL.

Also I guess it could be applied to all writers. I just think on some level he gets it on another level he doesn't take the time to 'tell' the story, but no soap does anymore I guess.

bstreis
Member Avatar
No matter what you think, I DO love you.

*heart* this

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply