Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of November 19th; *updated 11/13*
Topic Started: Nov 2 2012, 12:19 PM (31,750 Views)
camera shy

lysie
Nov 11 2012, 02:50 PM
I doubt there will be a funeral because I can't think of a single other time Days has done a funeral for a newborn. It's nothing to take personally.
They didn't even have to show it. A few lines to tell us one was held would have been at least something.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NikiLani
Member Avatar

I don't think they'll even mention it.

camera shy

rpmaluki
Nov 11 2012, 03:04 PM
I don't think they'll even mention it.
Hard to believe they'd pass up a chance of Jennifer showing up at the funeral and making eye contact with Daniel while Nicole screamed for her to leave.

concerned
Member Avatar

camera shy
Nov 11 2012, 11:26 AM
JamesScott_19
Nov 8 2012, 04:55 PM
camera shy
Nov 8 2012, 11:20 AM
rpmaluki
Nov 8 2012, 01:35 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
The only thing that could redeem EJ would be for it to be revealed that years ago before he even came to Salem, Stefano had Rolf put a chip in his brain to make him obesessed over Sami. That would explain everything and of course he'd have it removed and his true feelings for the twit surface......that wouldn't be pretty. I would so love to see Sami all on her own with no men to fall back on, no one giving her love and support or a career or an apartment. Might even start to like her again if some of the smugness was knocked out of her.
What is this about redeeming Ej? Why can't stay the way he is?

Please no more redemption if it means he turns into this boring good guy, YUCK :puke: :puke: :puke:
Where is it written that if you're a good guy you have to be boring? Isn't James Bond a good guy?
In the Tom Sell handbook.

MissLola
Member Avatar

Personally I don't have any interest in watching a funeral for a dead baby as it was bad enough to sit through Grace and Zach's. This story was a real stinker from start to finish, at least from where I stand, and I am glad for it to be over. Good riddance. :wave:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

camera shy
Nov 11 2012, 03:00 PM
lysie
Nov 11 2012, 02:50 PM
I doubt there will be a funeral because I can't think of a single other time Days has done a funeral for a newborn. It's nothing to take personally.
They didn't even have to show it. A few lines to tell us one was held would have been at least something.
And still would have been more than anything else they've ever done for a stillbirth. I understand that the story sucks and that it especially sucks if you're a big fan of Nicole, but a funeral with EJ and Nicole mourning together wouldn't have made a lick of sense. They didn't even do a funeral for Alice. It doesn't matter. It didn't happen, and this thread is for spoilers for next week. If you want to discuss the what should have beens and what could have beens, find a thread where that's relevant and stop clogging every single spoiler thread with this story that's over.

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

Hopeless_Dreamer
Nov 11 2012, 12:50 PM
rpmaluki
Nov 11 2012, 11:15 AM
We are supposed to forget that Nicole suffered a loss.
This right here is why Days should never do SLs on a serious issues such as a stillborn birth. Ari rocked it for sure, but the writing for this storyline was shitty and tacky at best. The focus wasn't on the parents like it SHOULD have been, instead it was all about giving lameass Dannifer angst, a couple that's hated by the majority of the audience. And now with Eric returning it sounds like they are giving him and Nicole an almost instant romance when they should be allowing Nicole time to heal over losing her second baby. Days has the potential to be a great show, but instead they seem to miss the mark every time when it comes to good compelling story telling and sadly that doesn't appear to be changing anytime soon. :shame:
I do not like insta love.. just see how Brady and whats her name worked out. Its just horrible.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

Hologram
Nov 11 2012, 04:21 PM
Hopeless_Dreamer
Nov 11 2012, 12:50 PM
rpmaluki
Nov 11 2012, 11:15 AM
We are supposed to forget that Nicole suffered a loss.
This right here is why Days should never do SLs on a serious issues such as a stillborn birth. Ari rocked it for sure, but the writing for this storyline was shitty and tacky at best. The focus wasn't on the parents like it SHOULD have been, instead it was all about giving lameass Dannifer angst, a couple that's hated by the majority of the audience. And now with Eric returning it sounds like they are giving him and Nicole an almost instant romance when they should be allowing Nicole time to heal over losing her second baby. Days has the potential to be a great show, but instead they seem to miss the mark every time when it comes to good compelling story telling and sadly that doesn't appear to be changing anytime soon. :shame:
I do not like insta love.. just see how Brady and whats her name worked out. Its just horrible.
For me, insta love can work if there is a mega chemistry between the characters, otherwise it's just silly and ridiculous!

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

With eric and nicole id like there to be alittle slow build but atleast the two have some kind of romanic history to support them falling for one another

Alligato
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 2 2012, 12:19 PM

Friday ("The Important Talk")
Eric gives Nicole some advice about moving forward; Hope and Kayla insist that Eric keep his distance from Nicole.

I apologize if this has been mentioned, but dont you think that maybe these two Christian women could encourage a priest to go comfort a woman who just lost her second child and tried to commit suicide? He isn't some mindless horndog who doesn't know who Nicole is and will dump his faith the second she bats her PTSD eyelashes.
Is it too much to suggest that Fr. Eric call these hypocrites out for the sorry, self involved snots that they are? He can include Sami in it too since we know she isn't far behind.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

Alligato
Nov 11 2012, 08:03 PM
lysie

Eric gives Nicole some advice about moving forward; Hope and Kayla insist that Eric keep his distance from Nicole.

I apologize if this has been mentioned, but dont you think that maybe these two Christian women could encourage a priest to go comfort a woman who just lost her second child and tried to commit suicide? He isn't some mindless horndog who doesn't know who Nicole is and will dump his faith the second she bats her PTSD eyelashes.
Is it too much to suggest that Fr. Eric call these hypocrites out for the sorry, self involved snots that they are? He can include Sami in it too since we know she isn't far behind.
I get why they are acting this way, I would probably react the same way if he was my relative. They are being protective of him. In their minds (and I agree but only to a certain extent) Nicole nearly ruined Daniel's life when he tried to help her out. I think Eric, Daniel, etc are grown men and can handle Nicole but to the Brady women (and Victor), she is a black hole guys eventually get sucked into; they don't want Eric to be her next "victim." However, I'm sure Eric will emphasize Nicole's need for some spiritual guidance and will help her. She needs it desperately.

I do think Eric is going to get sucked in sooner or later. I can't wait to see that. :popcorn:
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Nov 11 2012, 08:51 PM.

Kriss4

Alligato
Nov 11 2012, 08:03 PM
lysie

Hope and Kayla are snotty hypocrites?

Nicole lied. Nicole makes it a practice to manipulate people in order to get her way. She wanted Daniel and she schemed to get him. Nicole essentially FRAMED someone, intending that she go to prison. But because she tragically lost her child, I'm supposed to excuse her while I judge Hope and Kayla for trying to protect their nephew?

Not me.

I like Nicole. I even sympathize with her loss. But there's no way in hell I'm going to look past her actions and start blaming Hope and Kayla for what to me is only natural concern that any relative would have.

If Nicole wants to be perceived differently, then SHE has to do something about it, because from where I'm sitting, she's earned the bad opinions some people have about her. She's not an innocent victim. She created much of the situation she finds herself in, and that's just the truth.

Yes, it's terrible that she lost her child. I hate that too. But she DID lie. She was manipulative. She did intend for Jennifer to go to prison.

Hope and Kayla would have to be concerned. I would be, too.

The fact that I like her doesn't change that.

Edited by Kriss4, Nov 12 2012, 03:03 AM.

NikiLani
Member Avatar

Yes Kayla and Hope ARE snotty hypocrites, just because they feel justified in their treatment of Nicole doesn't make them less so. I don't expect anything less from the 'good' citizens of Salem. I just wish Nicole didn't have to suck up to any of them including Eric.

Kriss4

I think they're gonna have an opinion, and given Nicole's actions, their opinion is perfectly understandable.

I think Nicole brought a lot of this on herself.

She could have done things differently. She didn't. Not holding her responsible for her actions makes her akin to a child, and she's not one.

Her actions are public knowledge now, and she was far from innocent.

Edited by Kriss4, Nov 12 2012, 03:30 AM.

granolagirl
Member Avatar
"I don't know why I don't have a story, either!"

I like Nicole too, but I'm not seeing the hypocrisy either. And heaven knows there doesn't seem to be a shortage of priests in Salem at the moment. ;)

If there was no conflict (either from religion or his family) in Eric being a friend to Nicole, there would be no stakes. I like a lot of what's happening on the show right now because it's adding that kind of structure back to the stories.
Edited by granolagirl, Nov 12 2012, 03:45 AM.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

camera shy
Nov 11 2012, 11:26 AM
JamesScott_19
Nov 8 2012, 04:55 PM
camera shy
Nov 8 2012, 11:20 AM
rpmaluki
Nov 8 2012, 01:35 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
The only thing that could redeem EJ would be for it to be revealed that years ago before he even came to Salem, Stefano had Rolf put a chip in his brain to make him obesessed over Sami. That would explain everything and of course he'd have it removed and his true feelings for the twit surface......that wouldn't be pretty. I would so love to see Sami all on her own with no men to fall back on, no one giving her love and support or a career or an apartment. Might even start to like her again if some of the smugness was knocked out of her.
What is this about redeeming Ej? Why can't stay the way he is?

Please no more redemption if it means he turns into this boring good guy, YUCK :puke: :puke: :puke:
Where is it written that if you're a good guy you have to be boring? Isn't James Bond a good guy?
James bond is not a good guy.

I did not say that you have to be boring as a good guy either.

Bo was a good guy and he is FARRRRRRRR from boring.

Rafe was a 'good guy' and waiting paint try is much more interesitng to him.

Depending on what you mean, when I look at 'redempion' half of the time. that means that you are taking away his indentity by dmininsing his character to bea 'good guy' when he is accepted. Ej is not and will never be a good guy.

Dany_E

granolagirl
Nov 12 2012, 03:40 AM
I like Nicole too, but I'm not seeing the hypocrisy either. And heaven knows there doesn't seem to be a shortage of priests in Salem at the moment. ;)

If there was no conflict (either from religion or his family) in Eric being a friend to Nicole, there would be no stakes. I like a lot of what's happening on the show right now because it's adding that kind of structure back to the stories.
Perhaps not hypocritical from Kayla's standpoint but Hope needs to remember it wasn't that long ago that she was trying to kill people. Sure, there was a reason for it but there always is, for everyone.

But you're right - conflict and obstacles make it more interesting.
Edited by Dany_E, Nov 12 2012, 11:28 AM.

angie37
Member Avatar

Nicole is my girl, but she did wrong whether I like it or not, regardless of her reasons. She needs to apologize or whatever so that this chapter can be closed.

As for Kayla, Hope, etc. giving advice/warning Eric about Nicole, wasn't there a similar conversation months ago when Lucas was warning his son to stay away from EJ? It's the same thing. It's only natural and IMO, it makes for a boring show when everyone is holding hands and singing "Kumbaya" as they laud one another's praises.

esp13
Member Avatar

angie37
Nov 12 2012, 11:30 AM
Nicole is my girl, but she did wrong whether I like it or not, regardless of her reasons. She needs to apologize or whatever so that this chapter can be closed.

As for Kayla, Hope, etc. giving advice/warning Eric about Nicole, wasn't there a similar conversation months ago when Lucas was warning his son to stay away from EJ? It's the same thing. It's only natural and IMO, it makes for a boring show when everyone is holding hands and singing "Kumbaya" as they laud one another's praises.
I absolutely agree. Conflict is what makes the drama and provides the emotional stakes. Now, it can be artificial when the conflict doesn't come from any understandable motivations. But, with Hope and Kayla, their motivations absolutely make sense based on what they know about Nicole and what happened.

One of my favorite things about Steve and Kayla's original story is that her family didn't like him at all and had very good reasons for how they felt. And Kayla never really disputed that. She didn't tell them they were wrong for their feelings, she just believed there was much more to Steve than what they saw. And, eventually, they came to see it too. But the story would have been much weaker and less interesting if the Brady's had simply embraced Steve, regardless of his past.

In fact, I've always felt like the tension should have lasted longer. I've always felt the same way about Jack, too.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

esp13
Nov 12 2012, 11:56 AM
angie37
Nov 12 2012, 11:30 AM

I absolutely agree. Conflict is what makes the drama and provides the emotional stakes. Now, it can be artificial when the conflict doesn't come from any understandable motivations. But, with Hope and Kayla, their motivations absolutely make sense based on what they know about Nicole and what happened.

One of my favorite things about Steve and Kayla's original story is that her family didn't like him at all and had very good reasons for how they felt. And Kayla never really disputed that. She didn't tell them they were wrong for their feelings, she just believed there was much more to Steve than what they saw. And, eventually, they came to see it too. But the story would have been much weaker and less interesting if the Brady's had simply embraced Steve, regardless of his past.

In fact, I've always felt like the tension should have lasted longer. I've always felt the same way about Jack, too.
Bingo. Plus, then they can write Eric as being bullheaded in a "I'm going to save this girl from herself" attitude that makes for a great clergyman. Leading to the Thorn Birds later.

In good writer's hands, this would be mahvalous, dahling, and give AZ and GV a lot to play with. In other words, we'll be relying on the actors totally by themselves to sell it. :huh:

Besides, what else does Hope have to do now except fill in Maggie's busybody shoes? :shrug:

I just want some pretty so I have an excuse to want to watch. I want pretty and good acting and a storyline that will let me forget Sami ever existed. I want the triangle for Nicole and Eric to be good angel/bad devil on his shoulder type of thing, not another person. And I think Nicole can be good in a snarky way.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply