Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of November 19th; *updated 11/13*
Topic Started: Nov 2 2012, 12:19 PM (32,547 Views)
The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Partnersincrime
Nov 13 2012, 06:49 AM
While Brady admits to his dad that Kristen may not be so bad after all, the DiMera gets Marlena alone and tells her how bad she really is.
And... voila.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Nov 13 2012, 10:07 AM
Partnersincrime
Nov 13 2012, 06:49 AM
While Brady admits to his dad that Kristen may not be so bad after all, the DiMera gets Marlena alone and tells her how bad she really is.
And... voila.
Not sure what is going on with this story, but it has the potential to be interesting. Wonder what Brady is up to?

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Oh Please! Nicole comes face-to-face with Jennifer.
How many times are these two going to have to meet to make some sort of apology.... Jen to Nic, now Nic to Jen.... seems repetitve to me...I do not want to see Nicole apologize for squat.... I don't want Nicole singing Jennifer's praises about how fantastically wonderful she is and how Nicole was so wrong about everthing.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Kristen seems intent in screwing up Marlena... isolating her from her from her family. That's all I got so far in this SL. Kristen.... friends with John, Brady.... works with Sami.....

LonePirate
Member Avatar

esp13
Nov 13 2012, 10:02 AM
MissLola
Nov 13 2012, 09:50 AM
Jenn, Kayla, Billie, Adrienne and Hope bond during a book meeting. :sleep:
On the bright side, there is no Ej/Sami/Rafe! :rockon:
I don't find this spoiler boring at all. It's exactly the kind of scene that's been missing for too long. I love scenes that are about friendship and support among these characters. I've been wanting some kind of girls night out for many of these characters for a long time. Now, it doesn't sound like it will the crazy time I was thinking of, but I still think it's a great idea. Looking forward to it.
I agree. This scene with these five women interests me simply because it is an unusual and unexpected combination of characters living their lives and taking a break from the drama during a holiday week. I am kind of surprised Marlena is not a member of this book club but I guess she's busy with her paranoia.

Overall, it seems like a low key week. I wonder if something big happens that is not being spoiled.

Isn't there another lengthy promo coming soon for the rest of November?

MissLola
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Nov 13 2012, 10:17 AM
esp13
MissLola
I don't find this spoiler boring at all. It's exactly the kind of scene that's been missing for too long. I love scenes that are about friendship and support among these characters. I've been wanting some kind of girls night out for many of these characters for a long time. Now, it doesn't sound like it will the crazy time I was thinking of, but I still think it's a great idea. Looking forward to it.
I agree. This scene with these five women interests me simply because it is an unusual and unexpected combination of characters living their lives and taking a break from the drama during a holiday week. I am kind of surprised Marlena is not a member of this book club but I guess she's busy with her paranoia.

Overall, it seems like a low key week. I wonder if something big happens that is not being spoiled.

Judie the promo lady said there is one this Friday. When does sweeps end anyway?

lysie
Member Avatar

LonePirate
esp13
MissLola

Yes. I'm thinking there has to be something missing from at least Wednesday.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Partnersincrime
Nov 13 2012, 09:33 AM
Wednesday November 21:

Jenn, Kayla, Billie, Adrienne and Hope bond during a book meeting.

http://soaps.sheknows.com/daysofourlives/spoilers/
Bonding over what book? Jack's book? Bonding over their personal losses?
or will we get more Dr. Jonas Pimping about what a incredibly, wonderful, fantastic man he is and how blessed everyone is for having him in their lives.....

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Dreamer
Nov 13 2012, 10:15 AM
How many times are these two going to have to meet to make some sort of apology.... Jen to Nic, now Nic to Jen.... seems repetitve to me...I do not want to see Nicole apologize for squat.... I don't want Nicole singing Jennifer's praises about how fantastically wonderful she is and how Nicole was so wrong about everthing.
I think Nicole needs to apologize to Jennifer. She tried to put her in prison for a crime Jen didn't commit and that's wrong. Period. I like how Father Eric is encouraging her to make amends. I think it's required before Nicole can move on with her life.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

JamaicanBeauty7
Nov 13 2012, 10:29 AM
Dreamer
I think Nicole needs to apologize to Jennifer. She tried to put her in prison for a crime Jen didn't commit and that's wrong. Period. I like how Father Eric is encouraging her to make amends. I think it's required before Nicole can move on with her life.
I agree. I actually really liked the scene of Jen going to see Nicole in the hospital on yesterday's show. And even prior to that - Jen basically defending Nicole's actions to Hope and telling her she could understand where it came from. If there is one thing Jen and Nicole can relate to in each other it is loss. So even though Nicole was still too raw to be open to Jen yesterday I think it's a great move for her character to be able to get to a point where she does own up to and apologize for what she did.

I can't remember now - did she ever apologize to Sami and/or EJ for stealing Sydney and allowing them both to grieve over Grace, thinking she was their daughter?

esp13
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Nov 13 2012, 10:42 AM
JamaicanBeauty7
Nov 13 2012, 10:29 AM
Dreamer
I agree. I actually really liked the scene of Jen going to see Nicole in the hospital on yesterday's show. And even prior to that - Jen basically defending Nicole's actions to Hope and telling her she could understand where it came from. If there is one thing Jen and Nicole can relate to in each other it is loss. So even though Nicole was still too raw to be open to Jen yesterday I think it's a great move for her character to be able to get to a point where she does own up to and apologize for what she did.

I can't remember now - did she ever apologize to Sami and/or EJ for stealing Sydney and allowing them both to grieve over Grace, thinking she was their daughter?
I know she definitely apologized to EJ. They talked about all of that at some point.

I'm pretty sure she didn't apologize to Sami.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Judie the promo lady said there is one this Friday. When does sweeps end anyway?
It's over next Wednesday - it was 10/25 to 11/21.
Edited by tomsawyer, Nov 13 2012, 10:54 AM.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Quote:

Jenn, Kayla, Billie, Adrienne and Hope bond during a book meeting.

This is sweeps? :sleep:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

lysie
Nov 13 2012, 08:28 AM
Doesn't sound that bad at all to me.
I don't think it's that bad either. Only thing is that apparently they played the 'drama' portion of sweeps the past few weeks instead of leaving it for the last few days. Makes sense in a way.

six
Member Avatar

"While Brady admits to his dad that Kristen may not be so bad after all,"
LOL. No need to do a DNA test on this guy. That's definitely John's kid.

These spoilers sound fine, although they're not very dramatic. IDK if it makes any sense, but it seems like they have kind of an early 90s soapish thing going on and not because of the people who are featured.
Edited by six, Nov 13 2012, 09:19 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

I am still hoping that there is some big bombshell or shocking event that happens next week that was not spoiled. Last year we had griefsex, this year....??? :shrug:

esp13
Member Avatar

Sweeps don't have to be about big events and shouldn't always be about them. When you make every sweeps about some big bombshell, it weakens the story because everything is geared towards creating that big, explosive event. GH did this for years and the while the sweeps ratings would be okay, the show would plummet in the off months because there was no actual story being told -- just transitions from one event to another.

This sweeps, we have the big reveal of Nicole's lies, Bo and Caroline's exit, and now Eric's return. We've also had Kristen's manipulations (leading to her reveal), Sonny and Will getting together, and the reveal of Gabi's pregnancy. People may not like those stories/reveals, but it's actually quite a bit of stuff happening.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Since Nicole's baby died... I guess nobody cares about the paternity switching results....not even Salem University Hospital... seems like they too are turning a blind eye... on the good doctor and Nicole as they duped the real father out of knowing it was his baby. Forgive and forget.....goes a long way in soapland. How does Daniel come out of this smelling like a rose? Should he not be reprimanded for his actions or behaviour?

MissLola
Member Avatar

esp13
Nov 13 2012, 11:03 AM
Sweeps don't have to be about big events and shouldn't always be about them. When you make every sweeps about some big bombshell, it weakens the story because everything is geared towards creating that big, explosive event. GH did this for years and the while the sweeps ratings would be okay, the show would plummet in the off months because there was no actual story being told -- just transitions from one event to another.

This sweeps, we have the big reveal of Nicole's lies, Bo and Caroline's exit, and now Eric's return. We've also had Kristen's manipulations (leading to her reveal), Sonny and Will getting together, and the reveal of Gabi's pregnancy. People may not like those stories/reveals, but it's actually quite a bit of stuff happening.
While I respect your opinions, I don't agree. We obviously have very different ideas of what type of entertainment we enjoy watching. I am enjoying GH right now and that is exactly the type of thing that keeps me interested and coming back for more. While a lot is happening on Days now, not very much is interesting to me and has been a disappointment. While I am happy for you that you are enjoying the show, I am not.

esp13
Member Avatar

MissLola
Nov 13 2012, 11:11 AM
esp13
Nov 13 2012, 11:03 AM

While I respect your opinions, I don't agree. We obviously have very different ideas of what type of entertainment we enjoy watching. I am enjoying GH right now and that is exactly the type of thing that keeps me interested and coming back for more. While a lot is happening on Days now, not very much is interesting to me and has been a disappointment. While I am happy for you that you are enjoying the show, I am not.
Just to be clear, I wasn't talking about GH now. I was referring to how GH operating for years until the regime change. They actually seem to have figured out the balance for the moment. Days isn't there yet, but I do think there was a lot more going on for sweeps than people give credit for. JMO.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply