Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of November 19th; *updated 11/13*
Topic Started: Nov 2 2012, 12:19 PM (31,744 Views)
Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

^ Love your post annie21. Considering what DAYS could have done and they could be doing, they seem to be stuck in a rut of repetitive & crappy SLs that are lackluster and boring. DAYS is stuck in a time warp. The writing and pacing did not get any better. If you look at the current cast... there is a severe lack of conhesion amongst the groups. I will TomSell kudos for trying to mix character interaction on screen but everthing is still so random and WTF.

DAYS is an empty shell of what is used to be. I do not see it getting any better with this regime. Bringing back TomSelll were not the right replacements since they were the original fuckery that were ousted for MARDAR. If we don't see a regime change in by Jan 2013.... IMO TomSell will be the ones to close out DAYS. I just can't see it gettting renewed with the awful SL telling tactics that TPTB are trying to pass off as a soap.
Edited by Dreamer, Nov 14 2012, 09:14 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

While I don't think the show is terrible, I don't find it particularly entertaining either. I agree that sweeps don't always need to be about big events but the points that are being driven towards should have impact on the world around them. While Nicole losing her baby was tragic, there weren't really any stakes when her secret was revealed because she already had already dropped the charges on Jennifer. I guess losing Daniel is a stake but I kind of think her losing him was in her long term best interest.

Caroline's story have more impact if she didn't return to Salem in a few weeks. (Granted, if I didn't read spoilers I wouldn't know but it still takes away from the story since Bo won't return with her). Kristen's interloping is decent and is the beginning of a story, that's good. Wilson is cute but I don't see how Gabi's pregnancy will change his status that much or why we should care and I don't see what anyone has to lose by it because all that could happen is some twenty somethings break up. Gah.

I think the stakes portion of all of the stories that Days has told in the recent past is the thing that is consistently and sorely missing.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Nov 11 2012, 02:36 PM
camera shy
Nov 11 2012, 02:19 PM
Hopeless_Dreamer
Nov 11 2012, 02:14 PM
lysie
Nov 11 2012, 02:04 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I'll just have to agree to disagree, it seems to me the dead baby was used as nothing more the Dannifer angst. Sure there has been some focus on other characters, but the main focus seems to involve Nicole who just lost her baby being used to keep the poor star crossed lovers Daniel and Jennifer apart.
To me too. Case in point, they can't be bothered to have a some kind of service for the child which Nicole and EJ could have attended together (what a scene that would have been with that little coffin) because it's not about them losing their son, but Rafe lying to Sami and keeping Dannifer apart.
Who is to say that a funeral won't happen? The child just died a day ago, Salem time; they are just finishing up the reveal of Nicole's lies. In fact, I think it's very likely that a funeral is going to happen. We have a few priests around and the Saint Luke's set is dusted off and being used again. Plus, it would be a big step for Nicole to start the healing process, which looks like the writers' next beat of her story.
If they were going to do a funeral or memorial service,you would think there would have been a spoiler about it by now.If they do anything at all it will probably consist of a thowaway line by Nicole mentioning it before or after the fact.Too too sad.

concerned
Member Avatar

No EJ, Sami, Rafe or Daniel this week???

EJamandBread
Member Avatar

Well, the spoilers the past few weeks have been dull, but the show itself has been OK. Not great (I'd still rather watch GH, which just keeps getting better-- and it was good this summer!), but OK, and better as an esemble show than I can recall in recent memory.

This sweeps was not must see TV, but they have laid the groundwork for some storylines that I'm very interested in, and I haven't said that in a loooong time. Hope they don't screw it up!

Daytime
Member Avatar

TV Guide Previews

11/19, Kristen thanks Brady for coming to her rescue; Marlena deletes important messages from John's phone; Kayla delivers some news to Hope about Bo and Caroline; Nick tells Hope that he is in love with Gabi.

11/20, John gets angry at Marlena; Brady starts to see Kristen in a different light; Lucas and Sonny make peace; Brady tells John that he will be stepping back from his role of protecting their family from Kristen.

11/21, Nicole is afraid that Eric will judge her for her past; Eric tells Nicole about how and why he became a priest; Nicole comes face to face with Jennifer; Hope warns Eric to stay away from Nicole.

am103
Member Avatar

So, it says that Days is pre-empted on Friday. Will they still be showing the 1997 episode? I will be devastated if I don't get to see it!

Will&Sonny

am103
Nov 20 2012, 11:20 AM
So, it says that Days is pre-empted on Friday. Will they still be showing the 1997 episode? I will be devastated if I don't get to see it!
Yes, they're showing the 1997 episode on Friday.

am103
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Nov 20 2012, 11:23 AM
am103
Nov 20 2012, 11:20 AM
Yes, they're showing the 1997 episode on Friday.
Okay, great. Thank you! :)

Ljay
Member Avatar

-Kristen "thanks" Marlena for playing right into her hand.

Well, at least shes polite about it this time..LOL

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply