Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of November 19th; *updated 11/13*
Topic Started: Nov 2 2012, 12:19 PM (36,406 Views)
bomber
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Nov 3 2012, 05:32 PM
MissLola
Nov 2 2012, 12:33 PM
Damn Nicole can't catch a break! Girl just lost a baby and almost killed herself, maybe they need to ease up on her for 5 minutes!
Compassion does not appear to run rampant in Salem.
Except for all the compassion Jennibitch feels for Dan. Poor baby - forced to commit medical fraud, forced into a relationship with a hot blonde and he even has shaky hands. Let our hearts bleed.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie

I can't wait until this story is over and we go back to bitching about Sami's vagina.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 3 2012, 06:05 PM
I can't wait until this story is over and we go back to bitching about Sami's vagina.
I'm going to quote this just to hold onto this moment. :D I'm going to save this. I have a feeling I'm going to need to whip this out down the road.

It's a sad time for Days when you say something like this.

lysie

JamaicanBeauty7
Nov 3 2012, 07:17 PM
lysie
I'm going to quote this just to hold onto this moment. :D I'm going to save this. I have a feeling I'm going to need to whip this out down the road.

It's a sad time for Days when you say something like this.
Days has very little to do with it. ;)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

annie21

lysie
Frankly, I didn't think it had stopped since I see colorful (and glittery) references to that particular part of Sami's anatomy pretty much on a daily basis.

It's all Tomlin's fault. He's managed to rile up a whole other set of fanbases with how he's taken over this already crappy storyline from MarDar. And he's riled them up to new heights (depths) of rile-dom.

Kriss4

BeeBee
Nov 3 2012, 02:02 PM
Kriss4
Nov 3 2012, 12:35 PM
six
Nov 3 2012, 10:23 AM
rpmaluki
Nov 2 2012, 02:46 PM
It is still none of their business. If you don't like someone, just ignore them. If you see them walking towards you, cross the road and walk on the other side. Jen wants to keep playing victim but she continues seeking out Nicole in the hospital I am sure. Hope may be married to a Brady but I can't say she was extremely close to her nephew to warrant her warning him against Nicole like she has leprosy or is a serial killer. Their penchant for throwing stones at her is making me dislike them immensely. I can take it from Marlena, she's his mom but not from an aunt you probably haven't heard from in almost a decade hence my stance that it's none of their business who Eric decides to catch up with now that he's back in town. And I am sure that's the only thing we are ever going to hear for the next month from literally the whole town.......riveting stuff!
Why would anyone actually do this, though? I get that it's annoying to have the whole town complaining about your fave, but looking at it from Hope's perspective who wouldn't say - "Just so you know, since you left town, this woman tried to kill my Father in law, bought a baby, stole your sister's baby a couple of times, blackmailed multiple people and framed someone." ? If she goes Jennifer-like on him and starts trying to overrule Eric's choices, she'd be out of line, but you don't sit back and let someone blindly wander into danger.
You have to think perspective here. Every character has a point of view. Hope's Eric's aunt. It makes sense that she'd warn him about what Nicole's been up to.

Eric's an adult. He'll make his own decisions regardless of what Hope says. But Hope's concern about Nicole makes sense and isn't unexpected. Nicole isn't innocent of wrongdoing. She does manipulate. She does scheme. She does lie. Everyone knows it. I can't blame folks in Salem for not trusting her, cuz she's earned that distrust.

But you know, even though I "get it" and I can't hold Hope's feelings against her, I really like Nicole anyway. But I like Hope too.

I like 'em both.

It would make more sense coming from Marlena than Hope.Your mother is entitled to give her unsolicited opinion regardless of your age while an aunt by marriage is a different story.
It's not like hope became part of the family two minutes ago. She's been a Brady for decades, and she was around when the twins (eric and Sami) were born. She's gonna be concerned. Why blame her for that? If Nicole hadn't been doing some of the things she's been doing, then people wouldn't have REASON to be so concerned. Nicole isn't innocent here. I don't really condemn her, but I'm not gonna say that Hope's wrong to be concerned, either.

Nicole's been very wrong lately. It's just that Jennifer came across in a way that was hard to understand...and I understood Nicole more, even knowing she was wrong. My sympathy was more with her.

Still...Hope's concern makes sense, and honestly, Nicole's earned the bad opinions some folks have about her through her own actions. People aren't making up the things she's done. She did those things. If she's unhappy with the way people perceive her, she'll have to be the one to do something about it.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

lysie
BITE YOUR TONGUE, WOMAN!

lumifan4life

Kriss4
Nov 3 2012, 07:28 PM
BeeBee
Nov 3 2012, 02:02 PM
Kriss4
Nov 3 2012, 12:35 PM
six
Nov 3 2012, 10:23 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepIf you don't like someone, just ignore them. If you see them walking towards you, cross the road and walk on the other side.
You have to think perspective here. Every character has a point of view. Hope's Eric's aunt. It makes sense that she'd warn him about what Nicole's been up to.

Eric's an adult. He'll make his own decisions regardless of what Hope says. But Hope's concern about Nicole makes sense and isn't unexpected. Nicole isn't innocent of wrongdoing. She does manipulate. She does scheme. She does lie. Everyone knows it. I can't blame folks in Salem for not trusting her, cuz she's earned that distrust.

But you know, even though I "get it" and I can't hold Hope's feelings against her, I really like Nicole anyway. But I like Hope too.

I like 'em both.

It would make more sense coming from Marlena than Hope.Your mother is entitled to give her unsolicited opinion regardless of your age while an aunt by marriage is a different story.
It's not like hope became part of the family two minutes ago. She's been a Brady for decades, and she was around when the twins (eric and Sami) were born. She's gonna be concerned. Why blame her for that? If Nicole hadn't been doing some of the things she's been doing, then people wouldn't have REASON to be so concerned. Nicole isn't innocent here. I don't really condemn her, but I'm not gonna say that Hope's wrong to be concerned, either.

Nicole's been very wrong lately. It's just that Jennifer came across in a way that was hard to understand...and I understood Nicole more, even knowing she was wrong. My sympathy was more with her.

Still...Hope's concern makes sense, and honestly, Nicole's earned the bad opinions some folks have about her through her own actions. People aren't making up the things she's done. She did those things. If she's unhappy with the way people perceive her, she'll have to be the one to do something about it.

Totally agree. Hope has been both equally a Brady and a Horton forever. Sami calls her Aunt Hope as I'm sure Eric will too. Plus I get why Hope doesn't like Nicole. Jen is her bestest cousin/friend, lol. She's going to take Jen's side and think Nicole is scum. Makes perfect sense.

lumifan4life

ladyofthelake
Nov 3 2012, 05:45 PM
In regards to Hope, I'm pretty sure it's just to give the character something to do. Without Bo and with very little Ciara, what else does she have to do except become a busybody like Maggie?
Yup, Hope is going the way of other Salemites who lose the love of their lives for whatever reason and won't be allowed to move on so instead they spend their days butting into everyone else's business. Case in point her cousin Lucas, lol. I actually prefer this to Jennifer getting over Jack's death in a hot minute and drooling over Dr. Magic Dick.

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

omg, this thread is freakin hysterical, its better then the whole damn show!

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

As long as hope doesnt go over bored like jen did i could be ok with it. Id like to see eric and nicole have a nice buildup before jumping in bed anyways. I think nicole needs to face her past and learn how to be independent again on her own. She needs to take the time to grieve and then maybe her and eric can persue a realtionship.. i just hate how week the writters have made nicole. Ive always liked her and rooted for her but lately its been hard given how pathetic daniel has made her

Kriss4

It's funny that so few like Daniel. He's an eligible character...a doctor, for goodness sake. He's not evil.

Yet no one particularly wants him for their favorite female character because he's been written so poorly. He's fickle, and I don't think anyone should believe in any of his words of love, because when the woman he loves is all too human, he'll drop her like a hot potato. (See: Chloe Lane).

lumifan4life

Kriss4
Nov 3 2012, 09:52 PM
It's funny that so few like Daniel. He's an eligible character...a doctor, for goodness sake. He's not evil.

Yet no one particularly wants him for their favorite female character because he's been written so poorly. He's fickle, and I don't think anyone should believe in any of his words of love, because when the woman he loves is all too human, he'll drop her like a hot potato. (See: Chloe Lane).
I don't like the idea of a doctor consistently getting sexually involved with his female patients. I find that a violation of trust even though it's consentual. I still find it icky. And the fact that even a pregnancy won't stop him, that's just not attractive.

He does a number on all the women he's with and drives them to suicide. That's why I can't believe Chloe is coming back possibly to reveal to him that Parker is his. After the way he threw her away like trash, drove her to utter madness that she became a hooker, and then didn't give 2 craps when she was beaten to a pulp towards the end of her days in Salem, I would think she'd prefer Philip to be the dad even if he isn't. But then again, Dr. FeelGood's magic thing seems to cast a spell on all his women for some reason. And to think that poor Philip is probably going to lose yet another child offscreen and to the likes of Dr. Ding Dong. Talk about being screwed over.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

lysie
Who are you and what have you done with Lysie :o

Romancer66

Kriss4

A character doesn't have to be evil or villainous to be totally unappealing and unlikable--even when TIIC are tying themselves in knots trying to sell that character as the BESTEST THING EVAH. I can't stand Daniel because he's smug, self-righteous, entitled, fickle, self-serving, and as shallow as a sidewalk puddle. I actually liked what Nicole said about him and his modus operandi before she succumbed to the Orange Brain Fungus that afflicts all women who get romantically involved with Dr. Douche: "If it's sick, cure it. If it's not, act superior to it. If it wears a dress, sleep with it." Because that, in a nutshell, is how Daniel operates (no pun intended).

Even if Daniel didn't have the obnoxious qualities listed above, I'd dislike him for the effect he has on the women with whom he gets involved. No matter how smart, feisty, independent, and proactive they were before, they devolve into stupid, self-destructive, dependent, pathetic messes once they're in his orbit. I don't like him as a romantic partner for either Jennifer or Nicole. But I think I hate him more with Jennifer because they have so many of the same character flaws, which are unbearably amplified when they're together. Self Righteousness to the infinite power.

annie21

Romancer66
Nov 3 2012, 10:59 PM
Kriss4

A character doesn't have to be evil or villainous to be totally unappealing and unlikable--even when TIIC are tying themselves in knots trying to sell that character as the BESTEST THING EVAH. I can't stand Daniel because he's smug, self-righteous, entitled, fickle, self-serving, and as shallow as a sidewalk puddle. I actually liked what Nicole said about him and his modus operandi before she succumbed to the Orange Brain Fungus that afflicts all women who get romantically involved with Dr. Douche: "If it's sick, cure it. If it's not, act superior to it. If it wears a dress, sleep with it." Because that, in a nutshell, is how Daniel operates (no pun intended).

Even if Daniel didn't have the obnoxious qualities listed above, I'd dislike him for the effect he has on the women with whom he gets involved. No matter how smart, feisty, independent, and proactive they were before, they devolve into stupid, self-destructive, dependent, pathetic messes once they're in his orbit. I don't like him as a romantic partner for either Jennifer or Nicole. But I think I hate him more with Jennifer because they have so many of the same character flaws, which are unbearably amplified when they're together. Self Righteousness to the infinite power.
Thank you! I wish I could "Like" this more than once.

You forgot "scruffy" and "sleazy" as some other alliterative adjectives in your list, but otherwise, ICAM!

concerned
Member Avatar

9. Shark Tooth Necklaces: Have you fended off a Killer Of The Sea and survived? If the answer is ‘no’ then maybe you should have a long hard think about why the shark tooth attached to a piece of leather is hanging around your neck

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/fashion/blogs/style-files/ten-things-she-hates-about-you-20121101-28n5v.html#ixzz2BEBH8Rpf

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 2 2012, 12:19 PM

Nick asks Sonny to get Chad to back off. So Nick has a problem with WilSon but has no problem asking Sonny for help? :huh?:
Nicole comes face to face with Jennifer.For some reason I'm kinda looking forward to this.
Hope warns Eric to stay away from Nicole.And who, exactly does Hope think she is? :biatch: She needs to mind her business.

DVR Alerts:
Monday – Sonny offers his help to Gabi.What kind of help, pray tell?
Wednesday – Nicole is afraid that Eric will judge her for her past. Hope GV and AZ have chemistry.

La_Laa

lysie
Nov 2 2012, 12:19 PM
DVR Alerts:
Monday – Sonny offers his help to Gabi.

Why they waste Sonny on useless character Gabi Hernandez? Sucks!

They gives this shit instead of Sonny's interaction with his parents, Abigail, Victor, Chad. I need some kind of miracle to see Sonny's interaction with these people.

bomber
Member Avatar

is this the final week of sweeps. So far it's .....underwhelming.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply