Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of November 19th; *updated 11/13*
Topic Started: Nov 2 2012, 12:19 PM (32,536 Views)
LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

I still wonder what Chloe's reaction to the good doctors affair will be when she returns. Nicole was supposed to be her best friend, yet she had a fling with Chloe's ex. Nicole needs support and friends. I wish tptb would let her have some normalcy.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DaysPossessed
Member Avatar

Pot and Kettle for Nicole and Chloe...and was it an affair? Both are unattached?

NicoleLVR

We are this deep into sweeps and if this is all they've got you can bet your last dollar this will probably be their last November sweeps.
Edited by NicoleLVR, Nov 7 2012, 03:52 PM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I'm certainly not going to argue that Sweeps has been more like Sleeps thus far - but weren't we pretty deep into it last November before the pub shooting/grief sex stuff happened? I want to say that was the last week of the month. Maybe they are planning some other 'huge' event that will get people talking.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Nov 7 2012, 04:07 PM
I'm certainly not going to argue that Sweeps has been more like Sleeps thus far - but weren't we pretty deep into it last November before the pub shooting/grief sex stuff happened? I want to say that was the last week of the month. Maybe they are planning some other 'huge' event that will get people talking.
"Griefsex" was on 11/21, Monday before Thanksgiving.

annie21

While I'm not saying that last November's sweeps were stellar, there was a LOT more buildup. First, there was that explosive promo that they debuted at Day of Days (first weekend in November) that set the stage and gave a preview of what was to come. Then, there was the build-up to the pub shooting and the shooting itself, which was milked for drama and suspense. Then there was the griefsex, which was pre-Thanksgiving.

Not only that, but there was a ton of promotional investment on the part of the show and the network all along the way.

This year, when the first promo came out and it was a yawner, there was really no place to go. There's been no build-up and no real suspense, unless you count a little pathetic scalpel wielding and a two-piece baby garment as suspenseful drama (I don't).

Other than Wilson sex, there isn't much to write home about. Kristen's return and the spoilers about Eric's return are kind of blah so far. Nicole and Dannifer are just painful and bad. There's no sizzle, no pop, no spark.

Last year, we really weren't sure where things would go, and there were so many possibilities (even if the writers eventually chose all the worst ones.)

Romancer66

annie21
Nov 7 2012, 04:23 PM
While I'm not saying that last November's sweeps were stellar, there was a LOT more buildup. First, there was that explosive promo that they debuted at Day of Days (first weekend in November) that set the stage and gave a preview of what was to come. Then, there was the build-up to the pub shooting and the shooting itself, which was milked for drama and suspense. Then there was the griefsex, which was pre-Thanksgiving.

Not only that, but there was a ton of promotional investment on the part of the show and the network all along the way.

This year, when the first promo came out and it was a yawner, there was really no place to go. There's been no build-up and no real suspense, unless you count a little pathetic scalpel wielding and a two-piece baby garment as suspenseful drama (I don't).

Other than Wilson sex, there isn't much to write home about. Kristen's return and the spoilers about Eric's return are kind of blah so far. Nicole and Dannifer are just painful and bad. There's no sizzle, no pop, no spark.

Last year, we really weren't sure where things would go, and there were so many possibilities (even if the writers eventually chose all the worst ones.)

And earlier in the month there was that snowstorm that trapped people together: EJ/Nicole, Jack/Jennifer, Victor/Maggie, Brady/Madison (OK, so we didn't know how underwhelming those two would ultimately turn out to be). And dynamics shifted between all these couples. EJ/Nicole made love; Jennifer got a first-hand look at just how much Jack had suffered in captivity and admitted that she still loved him (leaving aside that she morphed into a cold, uncaring, Daniel-obsessed bitch afterwards); Victor/Maggie got married; and Brady/Madison got to know each other better. And except for Madison, these were characters and couples in whom the core audience was invested. And IIRC, this was the episode DAYS submitted in the Best Writing category for the Daytime Emmys--and it won.

Flash forward a year, and November sweeps is all about characters and/or couples we don't especially care about. And the characters we do care about, who have real dramatic potential, aren't engaged in anything that spectacular or compelling. They flit around having random scenes and interactions, but no story to speak of. The whole month is shaping up to be a major snooze-fest, when it isn't actually painful to watch. :sleep:

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

This is a writing team that were (was? grammar eludes me) handed set up for a major disaster and botched it, so I'm not sure what they could be expected to produce for sweeps. Although it is fascinating how they had one huge return (Kristen) one big return (Eric) and a major departure (Bo) and from all of that we get pretty much nothing.

It's almost a talent in itself, being able to waste so many opportunities.
Edited by px780, Nov 7 2012, 11:47 PM.

Ireland98

I didn't enjoy everything under MarDar, but I did have a lot more excitement for Days overall. On this board there used to be more lengthy discussions/debates or speculations about what was going to happen next.
Now we're back to the same ole retread stories that are mostly predictable and there's too many plot points. Nothing to get invested in.
I feel like the only consistent positive feedback about Days these last few months has been that people liked the interactions or scenes between certain characters. But that's it. In general there's not anything now with substance to discuss or worthy enough to debate about. Some viewers might like Days now, but I do not and certainly hope that Tomlin gets fired soon.
Edited by Ireland98, Nov 8 2012, 08:37 AM.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

I miss #teamscandal

samixxx
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Nov 7 2012, 10:55 PM
I miss #teamscandal
Not much for scandal in Salem anymore. Unless Ej and Abby turn into something more, everything/one else is eh.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Wednesday ("Marlena's Mistake")
Marlena comes clean about her mistakes; Lucas and Sonny make peace for Will's sake.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Angie79
Nov 8 2012, 12:20 AM
Marlena comes clean about her mistakes; Lucas and Sonny make peace for Will's sake.
I still don't understand where Lucas' animosity came from (on a logical standpoint). He made it clear to Sonny that he approved, and now he's opposing Will and Sonny any way he can.

I know this is just Tomlin's disdain for Lucas coming through, but holy crap... it's called consistency! Such bad writing.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

samixxx
Nov 7 2012, 11:20 PM
mer4santo
I miss #teamscandal
Not much for scandal in Salem anymore. Unless Ej and Abby turn into something more, everything/one else is eh.
That is a scandal I want to watch! :popcorn:

lumifan4life

nocturnalblondie
Nov 8 2012, 12:59 AM
Angie79
Nov 8 2012, 12:20 AM
I still don't understand where Lucas' animosity came from (on a logical standpoint). He made it clear to Sonny that he approved, and now he's opposing Will and Sonny any way he can.

I know this is just Tomlin's disdain for Lucas coming through, but holy crap... it's called consistency! Such bad writing.
I can't wait for whatever the next Lucas spoiler will be, lol. Let me guess: "Lucas has second thoughts about making peace with Sonny". I think I've had my fill of Lucas/WilSon. Time to move this crap along.

samixxx
Member Avatar

nocturnalblondie
Nov 8 2012, 01:01 AM
samixxx
mer4santo
I miss #teamscandal
lol, I can understand that. But for me I think the only way this story would work if Jack was there. You know kind of bringing past to future. Jack had a redemption story, how would he feel if his daughter is close to someone with Ej's sexual past? Otherwise it is just another story/pairing to involve Elvis and I really really don't care. I don't want redemptive Dimeras,

NikiLani
Member Avatar

samixxx
Nov 8 2012, 01:20 AM
nocturnalblondie
samixxx
mer4santo
I miss #teamscandal
lol, I can understand that. But for me I think the only way this story would work if Jack was there. You know kind of bringing past to future. Jack had a redemption story, how would he feel if his daughter is close to someone with Ej's sexual past? Otherwise it is just another story/pairing to involve Elvis and I really really don't care. I don't want redemptive Dimeras,
I don't think that Jack would have a problem with EJ's sexual past per se, it's EVERYTHING else that would a serious road block to Jack wanting EJ with his Abby! Look how he reacted to Chad and Chad had technically done nothing to warrant that from Jack other than his name. EJ has a litany of criminal acts that he just keeps stacking in his little closet it's practically bursting. Abby is perfect for EJ either for a redemptive s/l (EJ) or a corruption s/l (Abby) but these writers are awful so even if they went with EJabby, they WILL SCREW IT UP, GUARANTEED!

I do believe EJ is beyond redemption though, his latest treament of Nicole has not done him any good in terms of being rootworthy with ANYONE!
Edited by NikiLani, Nov 8 2012, 01:38 AM.

samixxx
Member Avatar

rpmaluki
Nov 8 2012, 01:35 AM
samixxx
Nov 8 2012, 01:20 AM
nocturnalblondie
samixxx

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I don't think that Jack would have a problem with EJ's sexual past per se, it's EVERYTHING else that would a serious road block to Jack wanting EJ with his Abby! Look how he reacted to Chad and Chad had technically done nothing to warrant that from Jack other than his name. EJ has a litany of criminal acts that he just keeps stacking in his little closet it's practically bursting. Abby is perfect for EJ either for a redemptive s/l (EJ) or a corruption s/l (Abby) but these writers are awful so even if they went with EJabby, they WILL SCREW IT UP, GUARANTEED!

I do believe EJ is beyond redemption though, his latest treament of Nicole has not done him any good in terms of being rootworthy with ANYONE!
No doubt the writers will screw it up whatever it is. :shrug:

bomber
Member Avatar

I was thinking about the whole stupid Nicole/Jen story today and it occurred to me that, since the biggest problem was that by rushing it so soon after Dan dumped Nicole and Jack's death, the audience had no sympathy for the "victims" of Nicole's plot. Would it have been better if the writers had waited and used Gabi's pregnancy for the story instead. You would have Gabi getting obsessed with Will after their one night stand and becoming jealous of Will and Sonny's romance. If Gabi had then tried to keep them apart and then had an accident and blamed Sonny the viewers would have been rooting for Will and Sonny. We would have seen the whole scenario unfold - not just have this sudden Dannifer "love" rekindled out of nowhere and psycho Nicole and Jen screaming at each other all over the place and we wouldn't be bemoaning this weak, needy Nicole and cursing the fickleness of Jennifer.
IDK maybe it would still have been a crap storyline but at least it would only have been Gabi's character trashed and that was already a done deal in my eyes anyway.

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

okay, at least we get some Lucas, but I want more of him!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply