Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, November 5th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Nov 2 2012, 01:54 PM (5,119 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

six
Nov 5 2012, 08:12 PM
lysie
Nov 5 2012, 06:00 PM
I could go for Brate.
I've been hoping they'd go there for awhile, now.
Of course you have.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jaygal
Member Avatar

Just realised te label on the twosie annoyed me. So what, nearly a month has passed and no funeral for the baby??
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lil
Member Avatar

Ok...my thoughts because this episode was actually entertaining for me. lol

So Taniel is going to? Google search Dr. Sedwick's office in Machu Picchu? I mean, they have an office there? Well, clearly since Taniel said "Machu Picchu" about 15 fucking times in the space of 4 minutes and it got funnier and funnier to me every time he said it. When his search ends in frustration Eyebrows comes over and says "he knows a guy" who can find the doctor in Machu Picchu. Where is her office? The Inca Trail? lol And apparently, all eyebrows had to do was make a five second phone call! Who knew?!?!?!

Why is Sami in this episode other than the Kristen/John scene? Why is she in scenes with Jennifer? Why is Jennifer wearing bright fucking red little-girl shoes? Lucas should have been more pissy about Daniel than he was. Sami should have no opinion whatsoever of the man. That was all kinds of WTF for me.

Kate was not wearing loud, jangly jewelry. And there's no blue chunk of hair! She looked great! And she matched Marlena's cell phone!

I enjoyed the Marlena, Kate & Brady scenes but I don't know why Kate and Marlena are girls now. Whatever. they were fun.

Kristen...Oh Kristen how do I love thee!!! We got an almost "Mar-LAY-NUH!!!" today. It was so close, so very, very close...

lysie
Member Avatar

I didn't think Marlena and Kate were all that friendly.

Lil
Member Avatar

There certainly wasn't as much hostility there as there has been in scenes past. Maybe I was just hoping for a "Katie...." from Marlena lol

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I'm always baffled after I watch an episode I really enjoyed and come here to post about it only to discover that I'm clearly a freak because everyone else hated it. I really liked the episode. I liked Jennifer & Sami's scenes (I've always thought they should be frenemies). I like that they're finally remembering that Jennfier & Lucas are siblings (although I wish I knew exactly where Lucas lived. For a hot minute, I thought he was actually living at the Horton house). I loved John trying to be protective of Sami. I also like Sami sticking with Kristen as much because everyone's telling her not to as any other reason. Of course, my highlight is always passive/aggressive Kristen. And I can't say how much I'm enjoying Kate finally looking good and not like an all-over hot mess anymore. Melissa Salmons has quickly become one of my favorite script writers on par with the Cullitons.

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

Matt
Nov 6 2012, 10:53 AM
I'm always baffled after I watch an episode I really enjoyed and come here to post about it only to discover that I'm clearly a freak because everyone else hated it. I really liked the episode. I liked Jennifer & Sami's scenes (I've always thought they should be frenemies). I like that they're finally remembering that Jennfier & Lucas are siblings (although I wish I knew exactly where Lucas lived. For a hot minute, I thought he was actually living at the Horton house). I loved John trying to be protective of Sami. I also like Sami sticking with Kristen as much because everyone's telling her not to as any other reason. Of course, my highlight is always passive/aggressive Kristen. And I can't say how much I'm enjoying Kate finally looking good and not like an all-over hot mess anymore. Melissa Salmons has quickly become one of my favorite script writers on par with the Cullitons.
Matt funny you say that. I was thinking Monday's epi was good in a funny sort of way....especially after I hated Tuesday's. It was nice to see new character interaction. Mar & Kate. Sami & Jen, Lucas & Jen, etc...but it is all too random for me to enjoy. Rafe and Dan-- were laughable.. coming off as best buddies.... since when... clearly so much happens off screen.

As much as try to point out the good things about DAYS...it is a shell of its former self... and hard to watch for 1 good epi... in every 10 shown. I guess my expections are different than what TPTB think what a good soap is. I am sad that they don't even know their own characters. I wish to be positive about the whole thing, but any chances.... seems to be ripped away, slowly but surely.....

lysie
Member Avatar

Matt
Nov 6 2012, 10:53 AM
I didn't hate it. I didn't love it either, though.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Jennifer and Sami's interaction seemed strange and unnecessary to me. I don't buy Sami being very invested in Daniel's well-being. It rings false. I did enjoy Marlena/Brady/Kate and John/Sami and Victor/Nicole. I add myself to those who aren't averse to a Brady/Kate pairing or at least flirtation, though I can think of a few things that make it complicated (but hey, that's soap romance for you - so not a problem). I'd have enjoyed Jennifer and Lucas interacting if it hadn't involved Jen demanding that Lucas not utter a bad word against Daniel. Rafe being able to locate the doctor in Peru so suddenly was contrived but I guess you can make it work if you attribute it to his FBI connections somehow. Actually...still contrived. Thought it was weird that Daniel wouldn't first assume that Nicole had simply canceled her doctor's appointment, but I'm not going to nitpick. The sooner this shitshow of a story gets wrapped up, the better. If it all predictably ends in Daniel being the hero I am going to be steaming though.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I didn't take it as much as Sami was trying to protect/defend Daniel as much as she was trying to get something on Nicole or find out what she was up to. Sami was just trying to use Jennifer to get some dirt on Nicole "just because". IMO, Daniel was a non-entity in regards to Sami's motivation.

lysie
Member Avatar

Matt
Nov 6 2012, 11:48 AM
I didn't take it as much as Sami was trying to protect/defend Daniel as much as she was trying to get something on Nicole or find out what she was up to. Sami was just trying to use Jennifer to get some dirt on Nicole "just because". IMO, Daniel was a non-entity in regards to Sami's motivation.
It didn't really come across as either to me. It just seemed random. I didn't have a problem with the interaction, though. Sami's motivations just were nonexistent.

six
Member Avatar

lysie
Nov 5 2012, 10:12 PM
six
Nov 5 2012, 08:12 PM
lysie
Nov 5 2012, 06:00 PM
I could go for Brate.
I've been hoping they'd go there for awhile, now.
Of course you have.
Yeah, we may have discussed this.

I didn't hate the episode, either, but I did think it was weird and kind of disjointed when it came to the scenes involving Jennifer. The reason it seems to me that Sami's motivation was more about Daniel than about Nicole is that Sami liked the idea of Nicole going to Hawaii* and she didn't seem particularly upset with Nicole in general, so she really had no other reason to try and convince Jennifer to find out what Nicole was up to.

*Which reminded me of Sami trying to run off to Hawaii with Austin before everyone found out...something.

TinaJagger11
Member Avatar

I can't believe I am saying this, but I enjoyed John and Sami's talk. ( I usually FF through all of her scenes.) Also liked Mar/Brady/Kate in the pub. It was nice to see some diferent characters interact.

Nicole looked really good, but I think Victor had the best line in this episode about which parts of Dr. Taniel she "rejuvenates".... LoL

annie21

So Rafe knows a guy who can find anyone, eh? I guess this goes back to his FBI days. But then again, if the FBI has a guy who can find anyone, then why do they need the FBI's Most Wanted List? Maybe Rafe has been holding out on everybody all this time and keeping this guy who can find anyone just to himself. But of course he would share him with the good Dr. Dan, because.... who wouldn't?

This show. :shame:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply