Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Bullying Storyline On The Way
Topic Started: Nov 2 2012, 03:14 PM (2,870 Views)
Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Young-Restless-Cyberbullying-1055465.aspx

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Queen B
Member Avatar

I could get on board with this

Queen B
Member Avatar

'FacePlace' really annoys the shit out of me though. I think it's good that their involving social media in teen stories though, it's very relevant

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

I'm glad the kid who plays Jamie is the victim in this storyline and not Fen. The actor playing Jamie is actually a really good actor from what I've seen.

Since Lauren is involved, they should reference the sh!t she put Traci though.

HotPepper
Member Avatar

I hate the teen stories and I will FF this one just like I FF alll the others. I hate kids on my soaps. All of them should be out doing something else besides being on a soap. If I wanted teens I could have all the neighborhood teens over and listen to their problems instead of watching them on TV.
I love soaps for the fashions, love in the afternoon and corp. law battles. Teens are the last thing I want to see on YnR.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

What a concept the Super Child acting out just like her no good two-faced Momma.

Queen B
Member Avatar

HotPepper
Nov 2 2012, 03:59 PM
I hate the teen stories and I will FF this one just like I FF alll the others. I hate kids on my soaps. All of them should be out doing something else besides being on a soap. If I wanted teens I could have all the neighborhood teens over and listen to their problems instead of watching them on TV.
I love soaps for the fashions, love in the afternoon and corp. law battles. Teens are the last thing I want to see on YnR.
in order for soaps to grow, they need to get young people watching to expand their audience

ratfink
Member Avatar

The cute, former "super girl" looks like she got a boob job...gag me.... :puke:

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

HotPepper
Nov 2 2012, 03:59 PM
ITA, this is going to be beyond boring, besides, I think people who get cyber bullied, are really stupid, all you have to do is NOT go online to the site where you are being bullied or if the site has the handy-dandy ignore button, use it.
It's not like it's RL. :huh:

Only1Way
Member Avatar

I hope Jamie has the balls to tell Ronan about her crap.

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

This actually intrigues me.

LPS
Member Avatar

OLTL already did this storyline and I wasn't that impressed and they had superb writers.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

I think Y&R could tell this well but IDK ...

sonemfan4life

LPS
Nov 3 2012, 09:46 AM
OLTL already did this storyline and I wasn't that impressed and they had superb writers.
One OLTL did not have suberb writers when they did a bullying storyline and of course it wasn't impressive they wrote the bully as the victim!

LPS
Member Avatar

^Sorry, but RC is probably the best HW currently in soaps.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

LPS
Nov 3 2012, 03:51 PM
And that speaks volumes about the sad state of daytime television if he's the best of a bad bunch...

LPS
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
Nov 3 2012, 03:56 PM
LPS
And that speaks volumes about the sad state of daytime television if he's the best of a bad bunch...
Fair point :)

sonemfan4life

LPS
Um no he throws plot point after plot point onscreen and calls it a story while he gets praised for doing the same things other writers got bashed for. I'd put Brad Bell before him. And even Tomlin who I loathe.

LPS
Member Avatar

Could someone cite a better writers than RC? I think this might be a while.....

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Doesn't mean he's good. It's all up for interpretation.

His GH is riddled with retcons, forced humour, and weird pacing. He never gets the type of blame other writers get for the same mistakes from the soap press.

The dialogue on his shows also tend to be really contrived, forced, and heavy handed.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply