Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Bullying Storyline On The Way
Topic Started: Nov 2 2012, 03:14 PM (2,783 Views)
Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

I'm not a huge fan of RC or his style of writing, but out of the remaining HW's left he is definitely up there. Tomlin is doing a bad job at Days. Brad Bell, who I would say IS a better writer than RC overall, is off his game and has been for a few years now. Josh Griffith is pretty good, but he's just began at Y&R so we'll have to see how his tenure goes.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shick
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
Nov 4 2012, 07:35 PM
Doesn't mean he's good. It's all up for interpretation.

His GH is riddled with retcons, forced humour, and weird pacing. He never gets the type of blame other writers get for the same mistakes from the soap press.

The dialogue on his shows also tend to be really contrived, forced, and heavy handed.
RC keeps things WAY too light in the dialogue byt trying to add comedy which doesn't always work. OLTL near the end was one big joke imo with the outrageous plots and the dialogue.
Edited by Shick, Nov 4 2012, 07:54 PM.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Shick
Nov 4 2012, 07:38 PM
I'm not a huge fan of RC or his style of writing, but out of the remaining HW's left he is definitely up there. Tomlin is doing a bad job at Days. Brad Bell, who I would say IS a better writer than RC overall, is off his game and has been for a few years now. Josh Griffith is pretty good, but he's just began at Y&R so we'll have to see how his tenure goes.
Well whatever he's doing, its got me watching GH again and enjoying it. More than I can say for B&B and Days which I have stopped watching. Y&R has improved a bit over the MAB era so I'll wait and see how it goes as well.

Shick
Member Avatar

3WishGenie
Nov 4 2012, 08:24 PM
Shick
Nov 4 2012, 07:38 PM
Well whatever he's doing, its got me watching GH again and enjoying it. More than I can say for B&B and Days which I have stopped watching. Y&R has improved a bit over the MAB era so I'll wait and see how it goes as well.
I still won't watch GH until they give my favourite character (Elizabeth) a real storyline. She is so underused on that show, it makes me ill. But the show is better than it was for the past few years.

Checkers
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
Nov 4 2012, 07:35 PM
Doesn't mean he's good. It's all up for interpretation.

His GH is riddled with retcons, forced humour, and weird pacing. He never gets the type of blame other writers get for the same mistakes from the soap press.

The dialogue on his shows also tend to be really contrived, forced, and heavy handed.
I know this is an unpopular opinion but GH is a hot mess, imo. All the stunt casting is reminding me of what mab was doing with yr. I don't think any of the couples he has put together are interesting. The pacing is horrible.

Soapwatcher

I quit watching GH when it became the Sonny and Jason show, they got rid of the Q's and Bobbie just so Jason could be a thug and Sonny well there's no hope for him at all. I won't watch even my favorites on there as long as Sonny remains the head character, I was so glad when they got rid of Bob Guza but I guess it hasn't improved any.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Soapwatcher
Nov 5 2012, 12:45 PM
I quit watching GH when it became the Sonny and Jason show, they got rid of the Q's and Bobbie just so Jason could be a thug and Sonny well there's no hope for him at all. I won't watch even my favorites on there as long as Sonny remains the head character, I was so glad when they got rid of Bob Guza but I guess it hasn't improved any.
You'd be surprised. Sonny, like Phyllis, has been on much less recently and now that Jason is gone (hurray!) I think it'll be less of the thug show. Also seems like the Q are getting more airtime with AJ back. Now if only they could get Liz back on track and not flip flopping btwn baby daddies.

nomnomnom

I've been looking for a storyline to get me back into Y&R. This isn't it... I haven't enjoyed watching a story like this since Rick's bullying/school shooting that happened during the earlier seasons of DTNG.

natdot99
Member Avatar

Wow, the same storyline happened on OLTL with Jack and Shane. What was the end result of that storyline for the bully? no punishment for for the bully and only counseling for the victim.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Summer and that kid will probably fall in love, then he'll find out what she did and it will be all over with a lot of boo-hooing.

alstonboy4315
Member Avatar
"Even iron bends"..Victoria Rowell

They picked a FANTASTIC actress to play Summer on Y&R. She embodies all the bratty, bitchy characteristics that would make a real-life teenage bully so disgusting. Plus, Summer is becoming equally as nauseating as her trampy, hypocritical mother, Syphallus Newman. It's like they are literally the same person, a few decades apart. Syphalllus was probably equally as cringe-inducing when she was Summer's age!

I am ready for both mother and daughter to fall HARD........as both make me want to vomit.

P.S- This feeling extends to the CHARACTERS only. Michelle and Whatshername are both doing superb. Finally, the casting director over at that place did something right. It's amazing what one can do when they remove their head from their butt!!!

Queen B
Member Avatar

am I evil for wanting to root for Summer? I've been loving her one liners lately, she has vixen potential

sonemfan4life

alstonboy4315
Nov 10 2012, 11:31 AM
They picked a FANTASTIC actress to play Summer on Y&R. She embodies all the bratty, bitchy characteristics that would make a real-life teenage bully so disgusting. Plus, Summer is becoming equally as nauseating as her trampy, hypocritical mother, Syphallus Newman. It's like they are literally the same person, a few decades apart. Syphalllus was probably equally as cringe-inducing when she was Summer's age!

I am ready for both mother and daughter to fall HARD........as both make me want to vomit.

P.S- This feeling extends to the CHARACTERS only. Michelle and Whatshername are both doing superb. Finally, the casting director over at that place did something right. It's amazing what one can do when they remove their head from their butt!!!
The casting director didn't get it right. JFP and Griffith picked Haley King having know her already from HH.

alstonboy4315
Member Avatar
"Even iron bends"..Victoria Rowell

sonemfan4life
Nov 10 2012, 05:23 PM
alstonboy4315
Nov 10 2012, 11:31 AM

The casting director didn't get it right. JFP and Griffith picked Haley King having know her already from HH.
Well, regardless of WHO got it right, someone got it right. ;)

I don't watch Hollywood Heights, so I totally had no idea she was on it. Thanks for the correction.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply