Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for Week of October 22-26, 2012
Topic Started: Nov 2 2012, 08:25 PM (1,461 Views)
ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

(SoapOperaNetwork.com) -- Ratings Report for the Week of October 22-26, 2012

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,410,000 (-92,000/-57,000)
2. B&B 3,108,000 (-89,000/-72,000)
3. GH 2,751,000 (-30,000/+378,000)
4. DAYS 2,425,000 (-53,000/+74,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.3/11 (-.1/-.1)
2. B&B 2.4/8 (same/same)
3. GH 2.0/7 (-.1/+.2)
4. DAYS 1.8/6 (-.1/+.1)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 794,000 (-46,000/-149,000)
2. GH 701,000 (+29,000/+22,000) *
3. B&B 593,000 (-21,000/-43,000)
4. DAYS 519,000 (+6,000/-92,000)

* New high for FV/RC regime

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.2/8 (-.1/-.3)
2. GH 1.1/7 (same/same)
3. B&B 0.9/6 (-.1/-.1)
4. DAYS 0.8/5 (same/-.2)

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2012/11/ratings-ghdays-up-in-women-18-49-viewers
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

Wow! Congratulations GH. Those figures are amazing but well deserved, GH has been great lately. Great to see what happens when a show brings back vets and writes stories that the fans actually enjoy (hint: days).

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Days writing is crap and it shows in the ratings.

Alin89
Member Avatar

i have a feeling days will be cancelled next yr. im doubtful that the show will go on any longer. I'm not even watching either.

Evan
Member Avatar

I just laugh hysterically at these ratings for DAYS - Gary Tomlin is a miracle worker, truly.

Romancer66

Evan
Nov 3 2012, 01:00 AM
I just laugh hysterically at these ratings for DAYS - Gary Tomlin is a miracle worker, truly.
I just wonder how much longer NBC is going to justify keeping the underwhelming T&W on. If the purpose of firing MarDar and rehiring T&W was to raise ratings, then these numbers sure don't bear out the wisdom of that decision. I understand this regime has its defenders, but it sounds like more people are disenchanted and bored than enthused about what T&W 2 are offering.

lysie
Member Avatar

Do y'all look at the ratings? They're currently not that bad. In a few weeks chances are high that they'll be a good bit down from last year, but right now it's the opposite and the dailies are actually decent.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I can't imagine this show ever changing writers again. Tomlin and Whitesell might be writing the endgame for DAYS and that's really sad. The only way I can see them pulling it off is if they make the change and don't announce it for about 3 months. With this taping schedule they can't afford to have three more lame duck months that drives even more fans away before a new writer comes in. I always though DAYS was safe, but they don't deserve to be anymore so now I have my doubts.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Tomlin is doing an awful job at Days. I almost miss MarDar..

Deleted User
Deleted User

Days ratings are so well deserved, in fact they deserve to be even lower. They are the only soap I know of that keeps getting worse instead of better and I don't see that changing anytime soon. :shame:
Quote Post Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I wonder if they will even count the ratings for next week. Isn't there a way that a network could get them not to count somehow? I would think that all TV ratings aren't going to be good.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

I love Y&R but GH is really killing it these days. They have a balanced show and a good mix of characters. I hope they continue to move up in the ratings.

Nate
Member Avatar

How are they gonna do ratings next week? I didn't get soaps back until Thursday because it was just more and more news about Sandy.

Nate
Member Avatar

How are they gonna do ratings next week? I didn't get soaps back until Thursday because it was just more and more news about Sandy.

Cerulean
Member Avatar

"Do y'all look at the ratings? They're currently not that bad. In a few weeks chances are high that they'll be a good bit down from last year, but right now it's the opposite and the dailies are actually decent."

Just checked and the demos are the same 0.8/0.5 that cause MarDar to be fired in April, and spring is when ratings trend down for television across the board. MarDar were given nine months, and while TomSell are only their seventh, they were familiar with the show, it's history, cast and crew, so there is no excuse for them to have not hit the ground running. :shrug:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply