Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NBC Promo for the week of November 5th
Topic Started: Nov 3 2012, 12:07 AM (3,066 Views)
DocandJohn4ever
Member Avatar

http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/video/weekly-preview-110512/1422728/

Edited by DocandJohn4ever, Nov 3 2012, 10:20 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

karoline
Member Avatar

I can`t watch it...Who`s in it? :)

Tammy
Member Avatar

karoline
Nov 3 2012, 06:07 AM
I can`t watch it...Who`s in it? :)
Nicole & Daniel.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Ugh... :flipoff:

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Nicole is pathetic, I can't stand this side of her.

Where is the drunk, funny and manipulating one?

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I can't believe that this is sweeps stuff! A real shame.... :shame:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dee-anne

JamesScott_19
Nov 3 2012, 09:10 AM

Nicole does not have to be drunk to be funny. I want strong Nicole back who does not take sh-t from anyone. I want independent Nicole back. I want independent Nicole with her baby back in her arms, not depending on any man. I want the men to chase her. She is a beautiful woman, that is more realistic them chasing her. I want Nicole to learn from her mistakes and don't keep repeating them because it gets tiresome for those of us who watch.

I dont want drunk Nicole, pathetic Nicole, Nicole chasing anyone who is not interested in her, Nicole taking sh-t from anyone especially Sami. She should have given her a smack down for sleeping with her husband. That i would have wanted to see.

We need a woman who can write for women. TomSell are clueless. In fact we need a male writer who knows how to write for the male on the show. They are all wimps, especially EJ who is suppose to be the big bad Dimera. He is another one they write as pathetic. If he makes a threat to kill Rafe, I want to see him actually putting it into action. They have him making threats and doing nothing about, so in the end you can't take him seriously.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Dee-anne
Nov 3 2012, 09:26 AM
JamesScott_19

Nicole does not have to be drunk to be funny. I want strong Nicole back who does not take sh-t from anyone. I want independent Nicole back. I want independent Nicole with her baby back in her arms, not depending on any man. I want the men to chase her. She is a beautiful woman, that is more realistic them chasing her. I want Nicole to learn from her mistakes and don't keep repeating them because it gets tiresome for those of us who watch.

I dont want drunk Nicole, pathetic Nicole, Nicole chasing anyone who is not interested in her, Nicole taking sh-t from anyone especially Sami. She should have given her a smack down for sleeping with her husband. That i would have wanted to see.

We need a woman who can write for women. TomSell are clueless. In fact we need a male writer who knows how to write for the male on the show. They are all wimps, especially EJ who is suppose to be the big bad Dimera. He is another one they write as pathetic. If he makes a threat to kill Rafe, I want to see him actually putting it into action. They have him making threats and doing nothing about, so in the end you can't take him seriously.
I rather see her drunk than to see her on the verge of suicide cause of a guy like Daniel :rolleyes:

lysie
Member Avatar

I want drunk Nicole back too.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dee-anne

JamesScott_19
Nov 3 2012, 09:31 AM
Dee-anne
JamesScott_19

I rather see her drunk than to see her on the verge of suicide cause of a guy like Daniel :rolleyes:
We can agree that this whole story she is in is horrible, especially her being suicidal but, even drunk Nicole would get tiresome after a while. If that is all they are writing her as.

She can get drunk occassional just like anybody else on the show, but I want her to have a life and love and adventure, she is much more than just drunk Nicole, and Nicole can be funny without being drunk. I must admit that I loved her scenes with EJ in the early days when they use to meet at the bar. They got on so well. It was great watching them flirt.

six
Member Avatar

JamesScott_19

I miss her, too. Hopefully Days will stop putting her in stories about kids, because it's ruining her.

camera shy

Dee-anne
JamesScott_19

Everything you said was dead on. It makes me mad that Nicole was never allowed to knock the hell out of Sami for sleeping with her husband and then she had the nerve to get mad about Nicole and Rafe. I want the smart, scheming, manipulating Nicole back, not the sad, miserable drunk one who always ends up alone. Nicole should have been allowed to seduce Rafe and then never missed a chance of throwing it in Sami's face. Maybe a real WTD's storyline would have been more interesting than what we got. Rafe wanting Sami back, but also for this child to be his and EJ also wanting the child and Nicole's history making it impossible for them to do a paternity test until the baby was born and the audience also kept in the dark on who the father was. In the meanwhile, Nicole could have gone about her business of preparing for her baby and being a strong single mother. Maybe starting her business with the money she earned from EJ. But Nicole and EJ are the only people on this show they like to constantly show as being needy and pathetic. The whole town hates EJ and the whole towns hates Nicole, so why don't they just allow them to be together causing trouble for Salem?

lumifan4life

I notice EJ and Rafe in the background just staring with that "Oh you're in trouble now" look on their face while Nicole gets exposed by Dan instead of coming to her defense or at least standing next to her. It's these kind of circumstances where you know who your real friends are and who is really on your side no matter what.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

I'm glad this whole dead baby mess and the ridiculous Nicole\Daniel\Jennifer triangle is finally coming to an end.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I honestly don't see why they can't write Nicole as having been snarky, manipulative, and strong, but then eventually just having enough. After a while, even the strongest person can have enough, and Ari is a strong enough actress to carry this off, even though the writers can't write a compelling story. Certainly, it can be fanwanked that Nicole never learned REAL survival skills that didn't call for her to be constantly on guard, since she's pretty much been used all her life except for, I suppose, Eric. I would much rather this being the result, though, of being used by EJ rather than Daniel. That would make much more sense.

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

I could think of a hundred different ways they could have wrote this. Nicole has done some pretty crazy things in the past but so has pretty much everyother character. Nicole should finally have a chance to be happy. I hate to say it but so far samis conversation with her has been one of the most sincere. Time to give nicole a break.

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

JamesScott_19

Yeah, that part of her is fun to watch .. not this melodrama. How do a character recover from this bogus (aka Daniel) SL? Its sad and all.. but why her? Why the crowed during the "reveal"? Make me dislike Daniel even more.

I could say the same thing about SAFE! (aka Sami with rafe)
Edited by DayDreamer, Nov 3 2012, 11:55 AM.

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

camera shy
Nov 3 2012, 10:24 AM
Dee-anne
JamesScott_19

Everything you said was dead on. It makes me mad that Nicole was never allowed to knock the hell out of Sami for sleeping with her husband and then she had the nerve to get mad about Nicole and Rafe. I want the smart, scheming, manipulating Nicole back, not the sad, miserable drunk one who always ends up alone. Nicole should have been allowed to seduce Rafe and then never missed a chance of throwing it in Sami's face. Maybe a real WTD's storyline would have been more interesting than what we got. Rafe wanting Sami back, but also for this child to be his and EJ also wanting the child and Nicole's history making it impossible for them to do a paternity test until the baby was born and the audience also kept in the dark on who the father was. In the meanwhile, Nicole could have gone about her business of preparing for her baby and being a strong single mother. Maybe starting her business with the money she earned from EJ. But Nicole and EJ are the only people on this show they like to constantly show as being needy and pathetic. The whole town hates EJ and the whole towns hates Nicole, so why don't they just allow them to be together causing trouble for Salem?

I SO 100% agree most parts. They are always written as pathetic and needy.. when really they are probably the most beautiful and interesting characters/people in the cast. Still they always write them as losers, when clearly they shouldn't be. They should run people over.. have it their way and succeed. And if they don't succede then they survive that defeat and move on.

I don't think EJ and Nicole makes a good couple. However, if things was different maybe. The problem is that EJ has been written in a way .. and Nicole been written very pathetic around EJ that is hard to over pass that. I did like the time in the beginning of the marriage .. but then came the crap of poor Nicole and Taylor stuff. And EJ obsession with Sami have always been in the way. EJAMI is a great love story .. but it has been to long and to painful... They should have given EJAMI long time ago .. or simply had EJ move on. Instead its like a burden now. EJ .. always loves Sami.. sure.. but she doesn't seem to want him. Then what? I mean... EJ is a great character so why continue this annoyance if we are not to have anything out if it. Its holding him back..

I could say the same thing about Nicole. She need to toughen up.. they need to move on to new stories that is not just about love.

They have basically made Days feel old and boring,.. and that is never a good thing. Repeating old stories, persisting with couples that does not work like SAFE, having same characters interact all the time.. its the doom of the show.

Finally they seem to mix things up. aka scenes between EJ/William, EJ/Abby, . etc but it takes much more to save the show. It does help to give a random scene or two.. they need to create new relationships and new stories.

The current SL that is being played could have been written in a much more interesting and realistic story. Its like they don't dare to break away from the "pre-couples". They missed here big time.
Edited by DayDreamer, Nov 3 2012, 12:12 PM.

jaygal
Member Avatar

Hopefully Nicole will never have to deal with Dan and Jen again once November is over. Then maybe we can get back to fun Nicole, she can still have some depth to her, but this incarnation can be over with.
I also want Racole to be friends after this mess has finished.

annie21

We're being told by the show that this whole scalpel fiasco isn't about Nicole losing her baby, but rather it's because she's losing her dream life with Dr. Dan.

This is just further indication of another unsettling pattern about Dr. Dan -- that yet another female is brought to the brink of suicide after failing to win or keep his affections. First, Chloe, then Carly, and now Nicole. And wasn't Kate plotting murder/violence to keep another woman away from "her man."

This guy isn't worth all this. And even if he was, repeatedly inspiring women to want to kill themselves is not exactly a positive or "heroic" character trait.

Edited by annie21, Nov 3 2012, 01:03 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply