Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NBC Promo for the week of November 5th
Topic Started: Nov 3 2012, 12:07 AM (3,060 Views)
Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

I am just pissed that her sucide attempt isnt about loosing another baby because thats what it should be about. Put i forgot this story cant be about nicole it has to be about dannifer
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

It really sucks that they are making this about Daniel. Her baby just died for christ's sake! I will never understand the appeal of Daniel! :x
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

The absolute ONLY positive that can be pulled from this positively PATHETIC storyline is that Arianne Zucker might get some Emmy recognition for her performances, literally the ONLY thing that is keeping this storyline BARELY on its rails.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Oh and for woman to really want to kill themselves over not being with Daniel...wow that guy must be packing around a 15 inch cock on him...

peaches179

LanaluvsBroe
Nov 3 2012, 09:06 AM
Ugh... :flipoff:

This is OT, but that avatar of Matt is hot!!!

Ljay
Member Avatar

JamesScott_19
Nov 3 2012, 09:10 AM
Nicole is pathetic, I can't stand this side of her.

Where is the drunk, funny and manipulating one?

MissLola
Nov 3 2012, 12:29 PM
It really sucks that they are making this about Daniel. Her baby just died for christ's sake! I will never understand the appeal of Daniel! :x

I agree with both of these posts. Nicole isnt herself on the account of losing not only the baby but Daniel all in one swift move. Shes crumbling right in front of these "Men" shes been involved with. Look in the back of the room while Daniel confronts her. There stands Ej with his arms crossed lookin like the innocent one. When all along if he would have kept his butt away from Sami NONE of this would have ever happened.

In the suicide attempt, Im not sure if shes tryin to kill herself or Daniel. Shes got the scalpel pointed the wrong way. Who knows where the hell Rafe is.....

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mitchapalooza
Nov 3 2012, 03:36 PM
The absolute ONLY positive that can be pulled from this positively PATHETIC storyline is that Arianne Zucker might get some Emmy recognition for her performances, literally the ONLY thing that is keeping this storyline BARELY on its rails.
Bingo. One of the rare instances of when an actor might be the only saving grace to a storyline.
As for your other comment......ouch! Hurts just thinking about it!

Sparrow

Mitchapalooza
Nov 3 2012, 03:39 PM
Oh and for woman to really want to kill themselves over not being with Daniel...wow that guy must be packing around a 15 inch cock on him...
If that were the case, I can think of another use for that scalpel...

SO now that that thought is firmly in your mind, I just want to say that I do believe that my 35 year relationship with this show seems to be over. I can't hardly even bring myself to read the spoilers any more. I'm mostly scanning the comments to see if anyone is happy with what is happening. I keep thinking, "Oh, when Kristen comes back I will start watching again." Nope, didn't happen. "Ok, when Eric comes back and Nicole finally gets a break, I will start watching again." But I really think I'm done. I have no interest in the show, no love for the characters, and zero faith in anyone involved with this show's ability to tell a halfway compelling story. If I want to be depressed and disgusted and annoyed, I will watch the news.

ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

I knew as soon as they paired Nicole up with Dr. Destruction, she was destined to end up like this. How many more victims is he going to chalk up?

Alin89
Member Avatar

i just want daniel gone from the show. a disaster from the very beginning this character.

Helpless Romantic

How I wish Nicole would use that scalpel on the Tan. UGH!!! :soapbox: I am so sick of him. Eric can't get here soon enough.

Harmony233

I've never liked DAniel but the way he treats women is awful

camera shy

Courtneya6688
Nov 3 2012, 11:46 AM
I could think of a hundred different ways they could have wrote this. Nicole has done some pretty crazy things in the past but so has pretty much everyother character. Nicole should finally have a chance to be happy. I hate to say it but so far samis conversation with her has been one of the most sincere. Time to give nicole a break.
Her happiness could have been her baby and then I wouldn't care how many men she lost after that. This show was actually stupid enough to kill off a Walker-DiMera baby.....a boy at that. What a badass that kid would have been. They've really put another nail in the coffin of Days with that decision because it turned off so many veiwers when they're trying to ramp up the ratings. If they were smart (and I know they aren't) they would rush to raise Stefano's grandson from the dead like they do Stefano just in time for Feb. sweeps.

camera shy

Hologram
Nov 3 2012, 11:59 AM
camera shy
Nov 3 2012, 10:24 AM
Dee-anne
Nov 3 2012, 09:26 AM
JamesScott_19
Nov 3 2012, 09:10 AM
Nicole is pathetic, I can't stand this side of her.

Where is the drunk, funny and manipulating one?
Nicole does not have to be drunk to be funny. I want strong Nicole back who does not take sh-t from anyone. I want independent Nicole back. I want independent Nicole with her baby back in her arms, not depending on any man. I want the men to chase her. She is a beautiful woman, that is more realistic them chasing her. I want Nicole to learn from her mistakes and don't keep repeating them because it gets tiresome for those of us who watch.

I dont want drunk Nicole, pathetic Nicole, Nicole chasing anyone who is not interested in her, Nicole taking sh-t from anyone especially Sami. She should have given her a smack down for sleeping with her husband. That i would have wanted to see.

We need a woman who can write for women. TomSell are clueless. In fact we need a male writer who knows how to write for the male on the show. They are all wimps, especially EJ who is suppose to be the big bad Dimera. He is another one they write as pathetic. If he makes a threat to kill Rafe, I want to see him actually putting it into action. They have him making threats and doing nothing about, so in the end you can't take him seriously.
Everything you said was dead on. It makes me mad that Nicole was never allowed to knock the hell out of Sami for sleeping with her husband and then she had the nerve to get mad about Nicole and Rafe. I want the smart, scheming, manipulating Nicole back, not the sad, miserable drunk one who always ends up alone. Nicole should have been allowed to seduce Rafe and then never missed a chance of throwing it in Sami's face. Maybe a real WTD's storyline would have been more interesting than what we got. Rafe wanting Sami back, but also for this child to be his and EJ also wanting the child and Nicole's history making it impossible for them to do a paternity test until the baby was born and the audience also kept in the dark on who the father was. In the meanwhile, Nicole could have gone about her business of preparing for her baby and being a strong single mother. Maybe starting her business with the money she earned from EJ. But Nicole and EJ are the only people on this show they like to constantly show as being needy and pathetic. The whole town hates EJ and the whole towns hates Nicole, so why don't they just allow them to be together causing trouble for Salem?

I SO 100% agree most parts. They are always written as pathetic and needy.. when really they are probably the most beautiful and interesting characters/people in the cast. Still they always write them as losers, when clearly they shouldn't be. They should run people over.. have it their way and succeed. And if they don't succede then they survive that defeat and move on.

I don't think EJ and Nicole makes a good couple. However, if things was different maybe. The problem is that EJ has been written in a way .. and Nicole been written very pathetic around EJ that is hard to over pass that. I did like the time in the beginning of the marriage .. but then came the crap of poor Nicole and Taylor stuff. And EJ obsession with Sami have always been in the way. EJAMI is a great love story .. but it has been to long and to painful... They should have given EJAMI long time ago .. or simply had EJ move on. Instead its like a burden now. EJ .. always loves Sami.. sure.. but she doesn't seem to want him. Then what? I mean... EJ is a great character so why continue this annoyance if we are not to have anything out if it. Its holding him back..

I could say the same thing about Nicole. She need to toughen up.. they need to move on to new stories that is not just about love.

They have basically made Days feel old and boring,.. and that is never a good thing. Repeating old stories, persisting with couples that does not work like SAFE, having same characters interact all the time.. its the doom of the show.

Finally they seem to mix things up. aka scenes between EJ/William, EJ/Abby, . etc but it takes much more to save the show. It does help to give a random scene or two.. they need to create new relationships and new stories.

The current SL that is being played could have been written in a much more interesting and realistic story. Its like they don't dare to break away from the "pre-couples". They missed here big time.
You don't think EJ has been written pathetic around Sami? The woman constantly kicks him to the curb alongside the garbage, but he always come back for more. He's never Sami's first choice and she said herself she basically with him because, "Because I was alone and he said the right things". She had never come straight out and said, "I want to be with him because I love him". And the problem.....well one of the problems......with ejami for me is EJ gets so much pleasure hurting Sami's family. Remember the night of Horton Town Square opening when John was arrested? He told Sami how sorry he was, but he was the one responsible for John's arrest and laughed about it with Kate and was even taking pictures of it with his phone. He's never revealed his true self to Sami like he has Nicole.
Edited by camera shy, Nov 4 2012, 11:10 AM.

lene
Member Avatar

I think this is too much. Nicole lost ANOTHER child. She snapped. Why is it okay for Jennifer to go around picking fights with a woman going through a high risk pregnancy? Oh because she lost her husband. But Nicole is a terrible human being... bla bla bla.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

:facepalm: WTF! Is Gary "I have a permanent hard one for SC/Daniel Jonas" Tomlin seriously having another woman fall into pathetic pieces over assbag Jonas? Isn't it enough that he already had Carly Manning, a freaking successful doctor, turn into a druggie because she couldn't have his sprayed-on tan sleazy self? Or making the beautiful, talented and at one time intelligent (wasn't she valedictorian?) Chloe into a pathetic prostitute all because Daniel left her? How many more characters must be sacrificed and torn to shreds for this useless waste of space? It makes me sick. Stop the madness!!

concerned
Member Avatar

Oh Hello..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tUxjT-EKoD4

where have you been.....

can we get a smidgeon of this charisma back into the show seems a pity to waste it all on Jeff Probst.
Edited by concerned, Nov 4 2012, 04:55 PM.

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

That promo was just atrocious I should have known better than to waste 30 precious seconds watching my Nicole being reduced to just oh I can't even type anymore shame on Tomlin :flipoff: :soapbox:

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

soapnet promo
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=223565611108159&set=vb.54025165143&type=3&theater

Dreamer
Gone, But Not Forgotten!

I think AZ is doing great with the material. I don't like that she thinks so little of herself that she'd take her own life. I would like to see Nicole really spend time in a depressed mood and really try to get over her loss and straigten out her life... not just jumping in the sack with someone to make it all better. Nicole needs a slow build romance.
I fault Daniel for leading her on and trying to save her. Nicole has to stop giving herself away.
Edited by Dreamer, Nov 5 2012, 07:16 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply