Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
"Political Animals" won't get a second run on USA
Topic Started: Nov 3 2012, 02:55 PM (397 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

"Political Animals" won't get a second run on USA

LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) - "Political Animals" has not been elected to a second term.
The USA Network miniseries from "Brothers & Sisters" executive producer Greg Berlanti and starring Sigourney Weaver as a divorced former First Lady turned Secretary of State, won't be returning to the network.

The news isn't terribly surprising, as "Political Animals" was conceived as a miniseries, but the project marked an ambitious jump for USA.

"We are proud of 'Political Animals,' our miniseries that attracted critical acclaim and impacted the cultural conversation this summer," a spokeswoman for USA told TheWrap in a network statement. "It was a pleasure to work with Greg Berlanti and Laurence Mark and a powerful cast led by Sigourney Weaver. We look forward to collaborating again with these immensely talented creatives."

"Political Animals" premiered July 15 -- a night that also saw the highly anticipated Season 5 premiere of AMC's "Breaking Bad" - and grabbed 3.8 million total viewers in Live Plus 7 Day ratings, which takes into account DVR viewings. Over its six-episode run, the miniseries averaged 3.2 million total viewers in Live Plus 7 Day.

Deadline first reported the news of "Political Animals" not returning.

http://news.yahoo.com/political-animals-wont-second-run-usa-200522291.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alin89
Member Avatar

its too bad. this was a good show too.

Bremol
Member Avatar

Well damn. Now we're stuck still wondering if the President actually died in the crash. Pfft on that.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

This is BULLSHIT!

Alin89
Member Avatar

i wish the writers never wrote that cliffhanger of some sort.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I quit watching midway through cause I kinda forgot with all the other stuff that was going on at the time. Now I'm not so sure I want to watch the rest if it ends with a cliffhanger that will never get resolved.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Alin89
Nov 5 2012, 10:29 PM
Precisely! Why bother too write a "Season Finale" that big then cancel the fucking show makes no sense, other than maybe the top dog actresses Sigourney Weaver and Ellen Burstyn along with some of the male actors Price Range was way too costly....

Grrrrr! Beyond disappointed P.A has been cancel.

Alin89
Member Avatar

i kind of got pissed off with that cliffhanger if it was intended to be a mini series it should have stayed that way. I have serious issues when shows do that and it isnt renewed for a next season.

Alin89
Member Avatar

lightandday
Nov 5 2012, 11:00 PM
Alin89
Nov 5 2012, 10:29 PM
Precisely! Why bother too write a "Season Finale" that big then cancel the fucking show makes no sense, other than maybe the top dog actresses Sigourney Weaver and Ellen Burstyn along with some of the male actors Price Range was way too costly....

Grrrrr! Beyond disappointed P.A has been cancel.
it was intended to be a mini series and should have stayed that way.

Bremol
Member Avatar

Yeah, I never understood the cliff hanger myself. I knew going in that it was a mini-series, that's why I started it because it was going to have an end and I wasn't going to have to worry about it not getting picked up etc. Then they changed things and we got the cliff hanger ending...and are now stuck with it. Damn fool idiots. They could still have brought it back for another run even without changing it to that ending.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

I'm bummed about this one. Really enjoyed it! Elaine and Bud's relationship was pretty much everything that a modern mature soap couple should be, and Carla Gugino, the sons, and Ellen Burstyn were fantastic.

I didn't mind the cliffhanger, though. I never thought the President was alive -- I saw it more as a question of what Elaine's choice was going to be.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply