Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Boy Meets World Sequel in the Works
Topic Started: Nov 4 2012, 03:24 PM (742 Views)
NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Exclusive: Disney Channel Eyes Boy Meets World Sequel Series,
Ben Savage In Early Talks
by Kimberly Roots

The world has met Cory Matthews -- is it time now to meet his daughter?

The Disney Channel is in the early stages of developing a Boy Meets World sequel series called Girl Meets World, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Sources say that the cable network is trying to land original series stars Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel to revisit their roles of sweethearts Cory and Topanga, who married before their ABC sitcom ended its seven-season run. The new series would center on their preteen daughter.

Since wrapping Boy, Savage's TV guest-star gigs have included Bones, Chuck and Without a Trace. Fishel's post-Boy work includes National Lampoon Presents Dorm Daze and hosting Style Network's The Dish.

Read More at: http://tvline.com/2012/11/02/girl-meets-world-sequel-pilot-disney/#utm_source=copypaste&utm_campaign=referral
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Not sure how I feel about this! Boy Meets World is one of my favorite TV shows, but I wonder if a sequel would even do it justice.

They need to bring back Mr. Feeny! He is on Grey's Anatomy, but since both are owned by ABC, it should be able to happen.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I would love to see Cory and Topanga again and as parents,but for me to watch I would need to see Feeny(probably retired by now) and Shawn too.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

They need to bring Shawn/Angela back for at least one episode. Even if they do I'm not sure how I feel about this. Based on what I've seen of Disney sitcoms now (if you can even call them that) I'm not sure Disney can do it justice. Sitcoms are not what they used to be at all. Half the time I can barely understand what they are talking about.

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

as long as they have cory, topanga, shawn, eric, and mr fenny, i am for it. i can give it chance :)

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I love the idea. It's not a remake. It's a continuation. I think it could work. Has to be on ABC Family though. I don't know if it would work on any other network.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

And Shawn has to have a bad ass son that steals Cory and Topanga's daughter's heart.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

It's coming Ben Savage(Cory) tweeted.

@BenSavage: I'm going to be a father! Well, on TV at least. The "Boy Meets World" sequel is officially happening!

Daytime
Member Avatar

Ben Savage Joins 'Girl Meets World' Alongside Danielle Fishel

Ben Savage will be playing Cory Matthews once again! The actor has joined the cast of "Girl Meets World," the sequel series to the '90s ABC comedy "Boy Meets World," according to the Disney Channel. Danielle Fishel will also reprise her "Boy Meets World" role as Topanga Lawrence for the pilot.

Disney Channel confirms the pilot is still in "very early stages of development" and that a nationwide casting search is still underway for 13-year-old Riley Matthews. "Girl Meets World" will follow Cory (Savage) and Topanga's (Fishel) teen daughter Riley. "Boy Meets World" creator Michael Jacobs is behind the project.

The cast for "Girl Meets World" will also include Maya, Riley's edgy best friend. Sounds a bit like Shawn Hunter to us!

In the new series Cory will be a history teacher, just like his "Boy Meets World" mentor Mr. Feeny.

"I'm very excited for Disney and [creator] Michael Jacobs," William Russ, who played Cory's dad Alan Matthews on the series, said in a statement to HuffPost TV. "They are a great team and will produce an exceptional show, I have no doubt."

Anthony Tyler Quinn, who played Mr. Turner on "Boy Meets World," told HuffPost TV he'd be interested in appearing on the new series.

"'Boy Meets World' was and continues to be these beautiful brushstrokes in my life," he said. "It was a wonderful experience, and I think Michael's going to create something fresh. I'd love to be a part of it."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/26/ben-savage-girl-meets-world-danielle-fishel-boy-meets-world-sequel_n_2194186.html

KMan101
Member Avatar

Danielle Fishel posted a blog about the upcoming show and was very reassuring. They all have heard the concerns and are taking the show as seriously as the original, which is encouraging. And to me, Maya sounds like she could be Shawn and Angela's daughter, IMHO. That would be very natural and instead of two boy best friends, we have two different girl best friends.

I just want a sitcom, not a Disney tween fest. I'm hopeful we're getting a touching, cheesy sitcom that respects the original.

taylore
Member Avatar

EEEEEEEEE!!!!! Cory AND Topenga,can't wait.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Ryder Strong has said he has not been asked to be apart of the show,but he would not rule out a guest spot stint if he were asked.

sonemfan4life

DrewHamilton
Nov 5 2012, 08:21 PM
And Shawn has to have a bad ass son that steals Cory and Topanga's daughter's heart.
Cory and Shawn are so close though that son would practically be a cousin.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply